M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#7061 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:03 am

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:53 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:27 am
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:25 am

I do feel pretty bad that she's upset but I also don't think her representation of how ghug and Eden (among others) treated her is accurate / faithful

And ghug is really bad at communications / asking questions I noticed from his and Jamiet's love tiffs
Yeah and I get that being ganged up on is frustating and terrible and PE is illogical and ghug is a bully who feels the need to comment on every single thing but she hasn't exactly been hella townie or advocating for the best moves so idkkkk
Ghug isn't being nearly as bad as BunnyGo was in his scum game to Kgray. But Kgray fought back hard and epically against Bunny as town.
She didn't just shut down.

It's hard not to see this as dejected scum. I'm trying to townread her because I want her to be town.
lmao don't blame this all on ghug, Flum ;)

Fluminator

#7062 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:05 am

Hey! You've gone after me more this game than vice versa! :P

President Eden

#7063 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:11 am

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:00 am
Also damn PE. You know how to say the scummiest things but still come off genuine while doing it
I mean it’s not like I can lie about my 2016 vote to this group

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7064 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:12 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:11 am
Fluminator wrote:
Also damn PE. You know how to say the scummiest things but still come off genuine while doing it
Remember when we revived our ridiculous meme dip game's global chat to argue about it?

President Eden

#7065 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:14 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:12 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:11 am
Fluminator wrote:
Remember when we revived our ridiculous meme dip game's global chat to argue about it?
That game was glorious. #fuckthucy (i don’t remember if he was even in it but he should have been)

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7066 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:19 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:01 am

I wouldn't mind an open-ended paragraph like the first one in my last post.
K well I don't do succinct, so here's a few paragraphs.

I think snowy has spent most of the game encouraging little things to make people suspect others but for the most part has not made any strong cases on anybody. The only one I remember is worcej and I remember finding none of it convincing. For someone who apparently notices so many details and nuance in people's words (given he questions things, and agrees when those kinds of things come up) I'm pretty surprised he hasn't been a larger player. But he's the only one not fully onboard with cop!Chaqa and I townread that.

I still have it in my head that damo is the cop, which sort of forces me to townread Eden. I think he got surprisingly frustrated when I was questioning him about Durga D1 but I've been frustrating a lot of people and other than that I've mostly liked what I've seen. Even as an un-CC'd PR claimant, I am very on the fence about Chaqa. It doesn't help that I actually think Flum is being incredibly scummy himself, but I'd rather not discuss that anyway. I am no longer convinced at all about my theory that Chaqa slipped you being town, but that doesn't mean much for his alignment since there are lots of things pointing to both sides of the arguments. And the way bozo avoided talking about Chaqa and spent *all* his time questioning worcej's start to N1 and not Chaqa's made me think he was intentionally avoiding bringing attention to Chaqa being scummy. Or maybe he just knew Chaqa wouldn't be miskilled so he didn't bother.

Durga almost has to be town. I've played two games with scum!Durga, and she's giving so many more opinions and caring so much more here than she did in those games. The only problem is she fits in so well with my tinfoily scumteam of Chaqa, Flum, Durga, bozo, but that's almost certainly nonsense.

TFB is so careful and stays away from controversy, showing up just enough to not be on a lurking radar. I think he's got a good shot at being scum. Tom is similarly careful and even more lurky but I haven't liked his takes at all. Also I remember him refusing to allow me to vote for HR or Balki when they claimed priest and he hasn't said anything about me voting for Chaqa, so.... sus.

Jamie is apparently not concerned with lurkers this game, which is super weird. I don't have any opinion on his gladiator thing because I don't pretend to be able to read into when Jamie's outbursts are genuine or fake or alignment indicative.

Vecna is town unless he isn't. I wouldn't vote for him for at least 3 more days.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7067 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:21 am

Bonatogether wrote:

"Does this mean jasnah is scum? I don't know. It's certainly in line with bozo trying to fly under the radar to make this assertion, so I think this doesn't change our broader impression."

I mean if we accept your earlier contention that D1 bozo tries to play as town/contribute in ways that makes sense as much as possible when it comes to being town we can probably take those as NAI and take the scum tells and D2 EoD/N2 behavior as indicative of scumminess.

I still think jasnah is town, but I do agree with you that damo is likely not the cop.

Does that mean you look at the scum team as Bozo-Kgray-jasnash-???
I do not. I don't think that bozo post is reflective of jasnah's alignment. I need to think about jasnah some more, tbh.

I'm not opposed to those first 2. I might slap jamie in there too for 3.
[/quote]

Bona did you not see me trying to get bozo killed with you yesterday? You think I do that to my teammate in a no-flip game?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7068 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:22 am

ugh. here:
Bonatogether wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:56 am

"Does this mean jasnah is scum? I don't know. It's certainly in line with bozo trying to fly under the radar to make this assertion, so I think this doesn't change our broader impression."

I mean if we accept your earlier contention that D1 bozo tries to play as town/contribute in ways that makes sense as much as possible when it comes to being town we can probably take those as NAI and take the scum tells and D2 EoD/N2 behavior as indicative of scumminess.

I still think jasnah is town, but I do agree with you that damo is likely not the cop.

Does that mean you look at the scum team as Bozo-Kgray-jasnash-???
I do not. I don't think that bozo post is reflective of jasnah's alignment. I need to think about jasnah some more, tbh.

I'm not opposed to those first 2. I might slap jamie in there too for 3.
Bona did you not see me trying to get bozo killed with you yesterday? You think I do that to my teammate in a no-flip game?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7069 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:23 am

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:05 am
Well I've never claimed that you sweat towniness....

And you know what you did was scummy and that's all I'm going to say on that.

President Eden

#7070 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:23 am

##VOTE snowy801

Let’s get this bread

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7071 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:24 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:19 am
ghug wrote:

I think snowy has spent most of the game encouraging little things to make people suspect others but for the most part has not made any strong cases on anybody. The only one I remember is worcej and I remember finding none of it convincing. For someone who apparently notices so many details and nuance in people's words (given he questions things, and agrees when those kinds of things come up) I'm pretty surprised he hasn't been a larger player. But he's the only one not fully onboard with cop!Chaqa and I townread that.

I still have it in my head that damo is the cop, which sort of forces me to townread Eden. I think he got surprisingly frustrated when I was questioning him about Durga D1 but I've been frustrating a lot of people and other than that I've mostly liked what I've seen. Even as an un-CC'd PR claimant, I am very on the fence about Chaqa. It doesn't help that I actually think Flum is being incredibly scummy himself, but I'd rather not discuss that anyway. I am no longer convinced at all about my theory that Chaqa slipped you being town, but that doesn't mean much for his alignment since there are lots of things pointing to both sides of the arguments. And the way bozo avoided talking about Chaqa and spent *all* his time questioning worcej's start to N1 and not Chaqa's made me think he was intentionally avoiding bringing attention to Chaqa being scummy. Or maybe he just knew Chaqa wouldn't be miskilled so he didn't bother.

Durga almost has to be town. I've played two games with scum!Durga, and she's giving so many more opinions and caring so much more here than she did in those games. The only problem is she fits in so well with my tinfoily scumteam of Chaqa, Flum, Durga, bozo, but that's almost certainly nonsense.

TFB is so careful and stays away from controversy, showing up just enough to not be on a lurking radar. I think he's got a good shot at being scum. Tom is similarly careful and even more lurky but I haven't liked his takes at all. Also I remember him refusing to allow me to vote for HR or Balki when they claimed priest and he hasn't said anything about me voting for Chaqa, so.... sus.

Jamie is apparently not concerned with lurkers this game, which is super weird. I don't have any opinion on his gladiator thing because I don't pretend to be able to read into when Jamie's outbursts are genuine or fake or alignment indicative.

Vecna is town unless he isn't. I wouldn't vote for him for at least 3 more days.
Hey now, I'm not fully on board with Copqa either.

Our reads are strikingly similar, which upsets me.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7072 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:25 am

With the exception of snowy and Eden, I suppose, but you have little meta experience with either.

Fluminator

#7073 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:39 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:23 am
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:05 am
Well I've never claimed that you sweat towniness....

And you know what you did was scummy and that's all I'm going to say on that.
I legitamitely have no memory of what scummy thing you could be talking about. Shutting down the damo cop theory?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7074 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:47 am

Oh kgray did you miss my explanation of the ghug read?

I thought he was Doctor, when he hardclaimed it.

I didn’t want to explain it for fear of making scum think about it

TheFlyingBoat

#7075 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:51 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:19 am
ghug wrote:

This is a nice post other than your scum read of me which I'll get to in a second. First, I wanted to dive into a counter factual with you. In your second paragraph you devote a lot of analysis to a worldview built around your current view that Damo is the cop. I am curious about your reads in the alternate read in which Damo is just a normal townie.

You say that Damo being cop forces you to accept President Eden is town. How high on your list of suspects would PE rank if Damo is not the cop and doesn't have that "obvtown" clear from Damo?

If damo is not the cop, how much would you say it affects you view that Chaqa isn't the cop? Does it significantly raise your estimation of the possibility or just slightly/not at all? And what do you make of the scum reads you have on Flum in the world the Chaqa is the cop? Who would you point to as scum in such a world?

And then as for your scum read, I really just disagree with it and I don't want to rehash this in long form for the nth time unless you want me to, so I'll just say I really don't think I am that careful at all or avoided controversy. I've made plenty of jokes, led wagons on people like Flum (though it ultimately failed), was probably Jasnah's most ardent defender and sought out fights on the issue a BUNCH, and was really active in the D1 controversies. D2 I was less active on because of watching Texas football with friends and then playing VDL R3 but when I did engage I had plenty of longform posts and back and forth argumentation with people like Bona where had deep replies to each other. I also posted a read list early at the top the day which I defended periodically too.

President Eden

#7076 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:08 am

what about bozo, Tom, Jamie, X?

it makes sense that we might have managed to get two mafia names out there if the team were either inactive (Tom) or present, but not really driving the town in a specific direction (bozo, Jamie)

I keep getting hung up on why Jamie would bus, but I’m just gonna point to M63 where he got me good busing ghug on something I couldn’t understand and say that he does that sometimes and he could’ve done it here

not sure on X yet

snowy801

#7077 Post by snowy801 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:23 am

You know I was thinking

When bozo self voted with his rationale someone (I think Durga?) was like "what made you give up bozo" (actually it was definitely Durga that's where the engagement talk came from - is that real I still can't tell). Anyway, and then someone else was like "wow mafia must've really given him up"

Given that even in the face of insurmountable odds bozo was making that effort but he gave up about then, do we think a bus vote made him call off his efforts and shut up? I think it's a plausible theory worth considering. Could just mean he read the room and decided it was hopeless

Voters at the time:

Jamiet
lfischl
TheFlyingBoat
Vecna
bona
worcej

snowy801

#7078 Post by snowy801 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:24 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:51 am
And then as for your scum read, I really just disagree with it and I don't want to rehash this in long form for the nth time unless you want me to, so I'll just say I really don't think I am that careful at all or avoided controversy. I've made plenty of jokes, led wagons on people like Flum (though it ultimately failed), was probably Jasnah's most ardent defender and sought out fights on the issue a BUNCH, and was really active in the D1 controversies. D2 I was less active on because of watching Texas football with friends and then playing VDL R3 but when I did engage I had plenty of longform posts and back and forth argumentation with people like Bona where had deep replies to each other. I also posted a read list early at the top the day which I defended periodically too.
Boat I have a question

Do you understand why people are saying you're being careful and avoiding controversy and simply disagreeing, or do you not understand it at all?

snowy801

#7079 Post by snowy801 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:29 am

you know I really shouldn't be reading the thread backwards...

snowy801

#7080 Post by snowy801 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:31 am

Hi Macca, hope you're enjoying this shitshow