M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#5901 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:06 am

Unfortunately my absence from the game came at a bad time, as it has been interpreted as scum indicative, but as I said, it was unavoidable.

I have played over 40 mafia games on this site and have been scum at least 10 times. If anyone cares to review my old games, you will find many instance where I was away from the game for 8, 16, 24 hours stretches, or more, and I am confident you will find that they are in no way correlated to when I was mafia or mafia up for the DK. I do not recall any other instance where I was not able to participate for a large block of time before EOD when I was up for a DK as mafia.

If you look at the 24 hours before D2 EOD, you will see I made a significant effort with the time I had to avoid getting DK, since I did not want to get DKed as a PR. I did what I could to get online on mobile at EOD so I would at least not get DKed without town knowing I was the doctor.

I obviously understand why I am under strong suspicion, but I encourage the JOAT or oracle to reveal myself as the doctor or worcej as mafia. The important point is that worcej must be eliminated for town to win the game.

Vecna

#5902 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:07 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:00 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:57 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:52 am
Morning Veccy.

Why'd you stay up so fucking late, snowy?
morning Ghuggles. how you feeling about this game now?

-Mornin' coffee with Ghug. The way any sophisticated person wakes up-
I'm pumped we caught scum but also already starting to see kinda lazy analysis of it that's going to lead us astray. Hopefully that's just Eden.
I really wonder how well scum talked through the scenarios of not-bussing vs claiming and getting cc'd to give us info.

If they didnt talk this through properly, its quite likely (well, or just merely possible) they decided to not bus, and then got caught completely offguard by the insta-cc that made Bozo confscum.

Vecna

#5903 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:13 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:18 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:14 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:06 pm
Well, I happen to know the scumteam isn't me, bozo, ghug, Tom. Hence why I'm pretty sure Tom is town. But I guess it's possible the team is me, bozo, ghug, Tom from an outside POV.

Annoying that I cannot use this to show that I would simply have switched to Tom instead of going right at someone who basically everyone believes to be the Doc without at least first consulting with teammates about how to proceed, but oh well.
When did you ever think I was doctor? You parked your vote on me with 17 minutes left and never moved it. You even called people out for swapping off Bozo or myself and going for Tom.

You appear to be protecting bozo by pushing me without sticking your neck out to defend bozo in any way. Seems pretty open and shut scum!Eden.
I saw both your claims (and reacted with "LMAO" in stunned laughter/silence), froze up, thought briefly about trying to tie the vote to buy time because I didn't know how to process it, and then started typing up my thoughts once Demon called EOD and I saw we tied.

I didn't particularly care to save bozo because he was also in POE pool and I was lost. I believe I said as much earlier in the day when I voted him. But I think if you'll go back and read my posts from last night to now, you'll see that I preferred to vote you out to him for most of the day.

This line of questioning, as well as Vecna's, comes off like you're out to stick it to me for getting it wrong, because you're not actually showing how it makes me mafia, you're just retreading the fact that I apparently got it wrong. Which is why I chided you about ego earlier.
:sick:

🤮

awesome, over-night clipboard action

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5904 Post by ghug » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:20 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:07 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:00 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:57 am

morning Ghuggles. how you feeling about this game now?

-Mornin' coffee with Ghug. The way any sophisticated person wakes up-
I'm pumped we caught scum but also already starting to see kinda lazy analysis of it that's going to lead us astray. Hopefully that's just Eden.
I really wonder how well scum talked through the scenarios of not-bussing vs claiming and getting cc'd to give us info.

If they didnt talk this through properly, its quite likely (well, or just merely possible) they decided to not bus, and then got caught completely offguard by the insta-cc that made Bozo confscum.
I think "scum won't bus" is a significantly oversimplified take on how no-flip affects this. For one, this game is too chaotic to make plans like that; in an ideal world, I'd like to never bus as scum, and yet I end up having to do it most times I'm scum. It's really hard to play a perfectly clean game, and flips move that needle a little, but removing them doesn't suddenly make that cleanliness easy. Look at my kgray example from a bit ago. There's a reason she might have felt like she had to bus.

For another, bozo (and potentially Chaqa), fakeclaimed. We have to spend time sorting shit out, and that's valuable, but ultimately it means that we get something resembles a flip. There's a real strategy here for scum in letting yourself die in a way that makes you look like you were a miskilled VT, especially if none of your teammates were bussing you.

Voting bozo should make people look better, cause that's how this game works. It's not the silver bullet, though. The game is not that simple.

Vecna

#5905 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:20 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:35 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:35 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:34 pm
New Jersey? My condolences.
Lick my urethra you slut
I'm not +1ing this
this is some good waking upto material

bozotheclown

#5906 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:22 am

I think worcej chose to CC me when it looked like he would be the DK because he was confident he could win a CC battle (which so far looks like a safe assumption), or at least force town to kill the real doctor by killing both claimants. If worcej had claimed JOAT, he would just be CCed by the real JOAT at some point, so CCing me was his best option. I am surprised how so many players seem to immediately believe worcej's CC and not take into account how I would have had to manage to claim worcej's role to get him DKed, but I believe that is my fault for being inactive leading up to D2 EOD.

Also, for those who believe worcej's claim because he of his obnoxious and condescending N2 posts, I assure you that worcej is capable of being obnoxious and condescending as scum.

Again, the important point is that worcej must be eliminated for town to win the game.

Vecna

#5907 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:34 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:51 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:50 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:48 pm
Does someone want to volunteer to read everything Eden and worcej are saying to each other?
Not it
I nominee snowy or Bunny because New Jersey leaves you used to garbage.
im actually reading it. PE is doing the standard thing that he'd do as any allignment by trying to blame his takes on Worcej being bad and appealing to our softer sides to feel for him.

Vecna

#5908 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 am

snowy801 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Does someone want to volunteer to read everything Eden and worcej are saying to each other?
w: oh Eden you're so sexy your manlliness makes me insecure and jealous and I hate you for it
e: my little worchamp don't you worry I only lash out at you as a boy pulls a girl's pigtails let us retire to my room to make sweet love on the duvet
lmao

Vecna

#5909 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:38 am

worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:57 pm
snowy801 wrote:
ghug wrote:
w: oh Eden you're so sexy your manlliness makes me insecure and jealous and I hate you for it
e: my little worchamp don't you worry I only lash out at you as a boy pulls a girl's pigtails let us retire to my room to make sweet love on the duvet
I would fucking ruin Eden's fun-hole with my raging hard meat stick.
im sure bona will not +1 this either

Vecna

#5910 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:39 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:02 am
Is mafia always filled with this much sexual tension? It's kinda weird.
only when emc is around

Vecna

#5911 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:41 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:03 am
Anyway PE and worcej are both town fighting over dumb stuff.

Snowy is obvious mafia.
maybe, but if he keeps being this hilarious he can openly scumclaim and im still gonna keep him around

Vecna

#5912 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:41 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:04 am
snowy801 wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Depends who's in the game

You should see brainbomb and Jamiet go at it, it gets heated
On a scale from 0 to homoerotica fan fic on wattpad, what are we talking about?
that scale is insufficient

Vecna

#5913 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:43 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:06 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:04 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Emc posted a bunny/jamie fanfic in my first game
Wait someone pull up that art emc made of ghug/vecna
yessss

Vecna

#5914 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:49 am

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:10 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:09 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:06 am

Wait someone pull up that art emc made of ghug/vecna
https://m.tapas.io/episode/2005101

It's wholesome af though
This is art
yeah, and you bullied eMC to stop playing! :evil: :x

bozotheclown

#5915 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:53 am

worcej is confirmed scum (at least to me), so I was correct that he first N1 post was a scum slip:
worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:13 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:59 pm
wrong again.
Oh look at you mr lurking EoD
Do you know what a job is? EOD is @ 3:00 PM for me. I have meetings where I cannot be around explicitly play exactly how you want. I was watching via my cell under the table so that my damn boss didn't get pissed at me :razz:

Honestly - I hope scum do us a favor and kill you tonight. You're grinding my gears with your play style right now.

Also - well done all you 'super smart scum hunting people' who wanted to play the game instead of let mechanics drive the game - you forced the cop to claim. Top-notch scum hunting by the likes of you incredibly 'skilled' players this time around. For all the negativity that gets talked about our ability to scum hunt, you all contribute to that bad opinion with your egotistical methodologies.

Can you 'skilled players' take a moment to reflect on your absolutely horrible play and check your egos at the door this next phase?

Rant over. Time to go finish work so that I can gtfh.
Assuming Chaqa is the real cop (which I think is a very safe assumption at this point), when Chaqa claimed cop, worcej had no reason not to believe him. Since worcej had suggested no kills for the first few game days, I think he was anxious to point out that his suggestion would have prevented the cop from revealing, demonstrating that his suggestion was beneficial to town, and therefore give him town credit. worcej never considered the other possibility, that Chaqa fake claimed cop as mafia to avoid the DK and force the real cop to reveal, which I am sure most town players were considering. The slip is that worcej said "you forced the cop to claim". He was certain because he knew Chaqa was not mafia. If he had considered this possibility, he would not have been as anxious to reprimand everyone for not following his suggestion, because it meant we caught a scum D1.

I also had suggested no killing D1 to not risk immediately outing a PR, but when Chaqa claimed cop, I was skeptical of his claim, and certainly didn't jump to "no killing would have saved the cop". worcej posted as soon as N1 started, snowy even said he was trying to get the first N1 post in but worcej beat him to it. Prioritizing taking credit for a suggestion that he thought had been demonstrated to have been "correct" is not town indicative.

It is also telling that worcej's response to me pointing out his slip during D2 was to scum read me for mistakenly referring to his post occurring D2 instead of N1, when it was obvious what I was referring, and I had already corrected when I notice I had referred to it occurring D2 a couple of time instead of N1. worcej tried to make it sound like I was fabricating a timeline when it was obviously a simple mistake and clear I was talking about N1.

Vecna

#5916 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:59 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:10 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:06 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:04 am
Jesus Christ. Looks like once I hit 26 I need to freeze time. I can't become like y'all. No way. uh uh.
I'm still hot tho
That's the menopause
I need to move and change timezones

Vecna

#5917 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 am

Like, i get to wake up having missed all this great content, and be around stoned Ghug (not so bad) and Bozo doing his irrelevant wallposts

Vecna

#5918 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:07 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 am
Isn't it scary to think worcej has two children
Happy for him and Eden.
8-)

Vecna

#5919 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:11 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:05 am
Why was Vecna beating his chest about being right about worcej when he switched off worcej's opposing claim to Tom at the end :?
I already told you I was trying to save him, and my refresh hit right at the time where a tom vote looked needed

bozotheclown

#5920 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:17 am

Earlier there were some references to M1014, which was the game where I fake claimed cop on D1 as town. In that game, there were 3 millers and a GF out of only 9 players, so the cop scan would only be accurate 50% of the time on D1 (and therefore useless on D1). Also, the millers revealed as mafia and did not know they were millers. So, at D1 EOD, I was about to be DKed over Yoyoyozo, and since I was town and I thought Yoyoyozo was a good scum suspect, I decided to claim cop because from my perspective Yoyoyozo had a non-zero chance of being mafia and was therefore a better DK than me. I was going to immediately retract after EOD, and if I got DKed for it D2, it would not be any worse for town than having been DKed D1. Yoyoyozo was online, so if he CCed me, I was going to retract to get DKed. I was risking revealing the cop unnecessarily, but I thought the cop was unlikely to become useful that game. However, what happened was Yoyoyozo was the cop, he did not see my claim in time to CC, he got DKed, so I never had the chance to retract, as my claim had immediately been disproven. To make things worse, I was a miller and was revealed as mafia. So, the town assumed I was mafia despite there being 3 millers in the game and despite my explanation as to why I fake claimed. This was a reasonable assumption to make because of the mistake I had made with the fake claim, but an incorrect assumption nevertheless. The town tried to solve the game with the assumption I was mafia, which resulted in an easy mafia win.

The reason I am bringing this up is that I see the potential for the same thing happening here, players are already trying to solve the game with the assumption that I am mafia, which however reasonable town players may think that assumption is, it is incorrect nevertheless. In M1014 I was responsible for the town loss, and I do not want my unavailability to be online for a poorly timed 16 hour period to be responsible for a town loss in this game.