M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#4541 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:19 pm
lfischl wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:18 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:15 pm

Who is most guilty of "sitting back" today?

Even Lfischl is posting today.
Where did bozo go?
While I think it's really funny that fish of all people are saying this, it's a good point
Anyone know what time zone bozo resides in? His on and off did seem pretty irregular
I mean he did say he was going to be gone.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4542 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:07 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:50 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 pm
The damo kill is still lingering in my mind as well.

We know damo was town. We know that he softed COP fairly blatantly. Then we have a cop claim and retract - but definitely puts into question damos soft.
-- snipped--
He most definitely did not.
It still lingers in my mind that you +1'd my post chastising damo about revealing the cop having a N0 inno.

While you did not +1 any of the posts surrounding it, and the post was only +1'd by 2 others.

Feels risky. And your memory of how you +1'd it seemed fuzzy when I asked you about it :razz:
I have no recollection of us discussing this whatsoever.

Honestly.

Link?

Vecna

#4543 Post by Vecna » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Im back to hard-defending Worcej btw. I really dont like that wagon and im just back to thinking he's solidly town.

Even though I see some smidgets of a town'ish bozo in how he approached this, it is indeed interesting that he slipped up on some of the details. Worcej has a point that when Bozo is finding a reason to go for someone as scum, he often is a bit fuzzy on the exact details of how things happened exactly. What also sticks in my mind is, that when I was 3P - his reasoning revolved around "do these actions further the win-condition of said person". I know some people do not have the highest opinion of worcej, but would scum really make the error there of just blatantly and openly stating the thing that he uses as the prime evidence? Still, overall Bozo has felt a bit more chill this game, hasnt felt the need to force much, is just calmly observing and doesnt feel the utmost need to get scumreads (although its interesting this Worcej thing did pop in after he was accused of not having any scumreads, which is similar to his scumgame where he cannot get genuine scumreads to save his life).

worcej

#4544 Post by worcej » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:24 pm

snowy801 wrote:
lfischl wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:18 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Where did bozo go?
While I think it's really funny that fish of all people are saying this, it's a good point
Anyone know what time zone bozo resides in? His on and off did seem pretty irregular
I believe he is in the US but could totally be wrong.

He announced he would be gone and he is similar in me in that we post in waves and disappear for a bit.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4545 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:24 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:10 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:05 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:04 pm
##vote lfischl

I don't just want the first few days to be picking off lurkers, but is there a reason to not get rid of lfischl?
Yes, there is.
Ok. Why do you prefer voting Tom over lfischl?
Have you been reading Tom's posts?

I was actually about to vote him for this Damo stuff he's spewing.

I kinda think Tom and Eden are scum together.

snowy801

#4546 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:20 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:03 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:05 pm
For some context though, here's where I'm at:

Town
BesharamSabi
Bonatogether
BunnyGo
Chaqa
Durga
Fluminator
Vecna
worcej

Contingent Town (town if an assumption I have in my head is true)
ghug
lfischl

Slight Town Lean
Doom427 (more likely scum if Eden is)
Jamiet99uk
kgray
President Eden

Null or Scum
bozotheclown
rdrivera2005
snowy801
TheFlyingBoat
Tom Bombadil
I still think you're probably town, but posting your reads in alphabetical order is very scummy.
How so?
It hides your preference within brackets. I also noted it at the time but didn't want to harp on it because I don't want you to feel like everything you say will be attacked

Where would you rank ghug/fish in the absence of your conditional?

Talk to me about the Boat man. What places him in the hallowed ranks of your scum reads?

Vecna

#4547 Post by Vecna » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:27 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:27 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:04 pm
Remember Cop starts with info so they can give us 5 pieces of info day 5. Just got to make sure they survive.

Other benefits to other PRs claiming (time appropriately) on top of cop preservation are

i) it makes a dk of scum more likely
ii) scum may be tempted to cc
You realize this is the sort of information that mafia forget when theyre claiming cop? Why on earth would you bring attention to this little snippet.

uncool. uncool
Chaqa, why did you +1 this post?
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 pm
Vecna wrote:
Vecna wrote:

You realize this is the sort of information that mafia forget when theyre claiming cop? Why on earth would you bring attention to this little snippet.

uncool. uncool
I was +1ing every post for most of the game so far. I got behind and gave up

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4548 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:22 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

I still think you're probably town, but posting your reads in alphabetical order is very scummy.
How so?
My opinion, FWIW, is it strikes me as too planned and methodical, which I think is an inherent indicator of scum fake-listing.
I copied the player list from the bot, and then copy.pasted people into the proper section once I had pondered my current feelings on them.

I put them alphabetically because it's how they should go lol

BunnyGo

#4549 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:

We know damo was town. We know that he softed COP fairly blatantly. Then we have a cop claim and retract - but definitely puts into question damos soft.

So either scum

1) Thought he was COP and killed him (this would heavily implicate Chaqa being scum.) I don't know that people familiar with damo would really believe he would soft that hard though were he the actual cop. Upon a reread of damo is seems pretty likely he was just trying to draw the NK.

2) Thought he was trying to draw the NK and killed him anyway because of reads. Damo laid out his reads, but never pushed too hard so I don't see too much here either. The biggest angle would maybe be that he had a few strong towreads (Eden, DOom, BSabi) that they wanted him to die with.

Just seems like a weird kill to me. Maybe slighly less experience scumteam? Though that seems unlikely from a probability standpoint. If scum thought damo was faking the claim they surely would have pegged him as VT and not another PR - so the kill makes no sense to me unless they dont care about trying to hit PRs.
Unless they thought it really was a possible claim? Maybe they decided: kill Damo and RB Chaq and cover their bases?

It suggests that eden is town. Either way.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4550 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:22 pm
Chaqa wrote:

How so?
My opinion, FWIW, is it strikes me as too planned and methodical, which I think is an inherent indicator of scum fake-listing.
I copied the player list from the bot, and then copy.pasted people into the proper section once I had pondered my current feelings on them.

I put them alphabetically because it's how they should go lol
Yeah, this isn't very weird when there are 19 players alive.

worcej

#4551 Post by worcej » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:31 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 pm
Im back to hard-defending Worcej btw. I really dont like that wagon and im just back to thinking he's solidly town.

Even though I see some smidgets of a town'ish bozo in how he approached this, it is indeed interesting that he slipped up on some of the details. Worcej has a point that when Bozo is finding a reason to go for someone as scum, he often is a bit fuzzy on the exact details of how things happened exactly. What also sticks in my mind is, that when I was 3P - his reasoning revolved around "do these actions further the win-condition of said person". I know some people do not have the highest opinion of worcej, but would scum really make the error there of just blatantly and openly stating the thing that he uses as the prime evidence? Still, overall Bozo has felt a bit more chill this game, hasnt felt the need to force much, is just calmly observing and doesnt feel the utmost need to get scumreads (although its interesting this Worcej thing did pop in after he was accused of not having any scumreads, which is similar to his scumgame where he cannot get genuine scumreads to save his life).
I have two knights?! Lord have mercy on me.

Otherwise - in the massive text wall, are you asking would bozo blatantly make that mistake? My experience is yes he does, but they don't get noticed normally. I recall from watching older games that bozo slips and usually tries to coast under the radar when they happen to avoid being caught.

This is why I am hammering the point that his mistake of phases is important, because if I came out with what I said on D2 it would be a lot more scummy because of the planning time available to have those opinions.

Durga

#4552 Post by Durga » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Durga wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:07 pm
I feel as if most of the people engaging are likely town and scum is content to sit back and let us rip each other apart

People are commenting but not necessarily engaging

Vecna

#4553 Post by Vecna » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Vecna, how confident are you on your kgray town read? Do you have any particular posts that pinged you?
I mean, my confidence ebbs and wanes. She is highly skilled in faking her town-play and she is fully aware of the things I think are town-indicative for her.

I do feel she genuinely wanted to argue with me over all the things she keeps bugging me about. Her annoyance with people thinking about things differently from her is pretty much her town MO - although she started incorporating the "fighting" in her scumplay as well.

I really cannot point to single posts with her. Last time I had a good initial gutread when she was scum, but let her continued play change my mind, and I handed her a vest. This game I havent had any gut-feelings that something was off. It all seemed genuine. As town she usually things completely different about everything from everyone, and just doesnt understand wtf is going on around her. This I havent told her before, but if someone else did and she started faking that as well...who is to say?

snowy801

#4554 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:34 pm

I do want to note how convenient it is that worcej's hardest scum read happens to be his biggest counter wagon

Though I suppose one might argue the same about bozo

BunnyGo

#4555 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:35 pm

Taking my kid for a covid test (he’s surely fine, but had a minor symptom and school reasonably won’t let him go without a negative test). Back hopefully in time for EOD

##vote rdr

(That’s imperative form of the word “vote”)

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4556 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:36 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:33 pm
As town she usually things completely different about everything from everyone, and just doesnt understand wtf is going on around her.
Rude :x

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4557 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:37 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:25 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

How so?
It hides your preference within brackets. I also noted it at the time but didn't want to harp on it because I don't want you to feel like everything you say will be attacked

-- snipped to below --
Sure. Before that, though, this is just how I list players unless I specify it's a scum-to-town list. I believe if you look at previous games this isn't unusual for me. Here's two from last game:
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:16 pm
celaph wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:12 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:55 pm
Still kinda Sus of Kak moving off fish
I see that, but presumably he gets slaughtered if he actually caused a tie and especially after lfischl flips later. From that mindset I don't know why scum would risk it when he's well positioned to get bussing credit.
By that logic, then our PoE is pretty narrow. Here's where I'm at:

Don't vote:
- Bona
- celaph
- ghug

Probably not vote today:
- Bob
- Maniac
- Kakarot

That only leaves worcej, rivera, and Vecna.

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 am
Here's where I'm at with everyone:

Bob: Possibly scum that benefitted from absent vote turning into scum-bus
Bona: I have a town read on him, but his votes are a bit suspicious
Celaph: RB claims mean he's likely town
Ghug: Scum!Ghug would bus Lfischl, I think, so prob town
Kakarot: Put Lfischl over the top. Probably town.
Maniac: Likely town, helped flip Lfischl, but more likely to bus a missing teammate than anyone else
Rivera: Pretty meh but I have a gut feeling he might not be scum

If I had to rank town to scum right now:

Celaph
Ghug
Kakarot
Bona
Maniac
Rivera
Bob
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:25 pm
Where would you rank ghug/fish in the absence of your conditional?

Talk to me about the Boat man. What places him in the hallowed ranks of your scum reads?
Good questions, and I'm not sure I have an answer. I haven't had any particular red flags reading ghug lately, but I have kinda mentally repressed everything leading up to and after EoD1 so I might need to re-read that lol

Lfischl is town regardless I think.

Mostly it's his drop-off in participation from Day 1 to 2. he was super active before. I also find his posts to be very much filler. He writes a lot without really saying much.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4558 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:27 pm
Vecna wrote:
Vecna wrote:

uncool. uncool
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 pm
Vecna wrote:

I was +1ing every post for most of the game so far. I got behind and gave up
It looks like I +1'd every other post on that page, so I'm not sure what the issue is?

Vecna

#4559 Post by Vecna » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:38 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:30 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

So either scum

1) Thought he was COP and killed him (this would heavily implicate Chaqa being scum.) I don't know that people familiar with damo would really believe he would soft that hard though were he the actual cop. Upon a reread of damo is seems pretty likely he was just trying to draw the NK.

2) Thought he was trying to draw the NK and killed him anyway because of reads. Damo laid out his reads, but never pushed too hard so I don't see too much here either. The biggest angle would maybe be that he had a few strong towreads (Eden, DOom, BSabi) that they wanted him to die with.

Just seems like a weird kill to me. Maybe slighly less experience scumteam? Though that seems unlikely from a probability standpoint. If scum thought damo was faking the claim they surely would have pegged him as VT and not another PR - so the kill makes no sense to me unless they dont care about trying to hit PRs.
Unless they thought it really was a possible claim? Maybe they decided: kill Damo and RB Chaq and cover their bases?

It suggests that eden is town. Either way.
eden as scum would totally kill damo to both frame chaqa and make himself potentially come out as a town-semi-clear, unless town use their oracle powers properly.

There really were enough circumstances where Damo did things that pointed to him being the cop. There is plenty of reason for us to think he was the cop, even if he wasnt.

Jamiet99uk

#4560 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:41 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:17 pm
I remember when Tom Bombadil was good at this game.
Is your partner not performing well enough for you :P
I think you're doing ok babes.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.