M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#4141 Post by President Eden » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:09 am

kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:06 am
President Eden wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:02 am
Maybe I'm silly for caring about this detail, but if snowy's right about the timing of that start of n1 post from worcej, that actually does bother me a lot. Because that post set off alarm bells as being inauthentic, and it sounds like it just about had to be preplanned from the timing.
Yeah I also was sketched out because the last time I saw worcej sit and watch himself get wagoned (he was town) he posted a dying reads list. I asked him about it, he said he was in a meeting which presumably ended at EOD and he wrote up his reaction post while Demon was doing the flavor? Not sure.

I do struggle to see why scum!worcej points out that he's around right at EOD without trying to save himself if he was available to actually post.
A reference that an incredibly handsome, witty and charming poster made early in night 1 would probably be handy here.
President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:39 pm
The wagons at the moment of the claim (alphabetical order):

Chaqa (8): Bonatogether, bozotheclown, ghug, kgray, President Eden, rdrivera2005, snowy801, TheFlyingBoat
jasnah (7): BunnyGo, Chaqa, damo666, Doom427, Jamiet99uk, lfischl, worcej
worcej (4): BesharamSabi, Durga, Fluminator, Tom Bombadil
President Eden (1): jasnah
ghug (1): Vecna
That's with seven minutes to go. I do believe worcej was at work. I do believe he was phone posting. Call me crazy but his post is 'modular' in the sense that you have to do very little work to modify the tut-tutting from 'how could you kill the un-cc'd cop' to 'how could you almost kill the un-cc'd cop' based on the actual results.

He probably was too busy drafting his wagon shade to even notice he ended up being a counterwagon :lol:

Bonatogether

#4142 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:10 am

im happy

i made a wagon go brrr

Bonatogether

#4143 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:11 am

im going to bed, will try and check in at lunch tomorrow, please don't let the wagon die

Durga

#4144 Post by Durga » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:12 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:10 am
im happy

i made a wagon go brrr
this is a town reaction, right?

snowy801

#4145 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:13 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
im happy

i made a wagon go brrr
Think so

bona's been weird all game, but never pinged me as bad weird (except like way early I guess but it was way early)

President Eden

#4146 Post by President Eden » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:14 am

Durga wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
im happy

i made a wagon go brrr
it's authentic, make of that what you will

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4147 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:24 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:10 am
ok while I'm at it tl;dr Chaqa

So look, whenever there's a cop in the game every scum player's going to claim it right, because why wouldn't you

miller was outed, who cares about oracle therefore generously assuming that we could've hit either cop or doc we'll upgrade from a measly 1/21 to a 2/21 for accidental PR hits D1. Vs. 4 scum fake claiming to save themselves, which is exactly how EoD1 came off as

further, consider the mindset of a scum, crumbing cop. If someone were to discover it a la damo, and it turns out someone else was actually the cop wouldn't you be suspicious? So you hide it as best you can, and Chaqa made his virtually impossible to spot authentically (Se7en is not a reference known to me, but even if it were his choosing that particular movie out of all references), also his first 7 posts comes in burst which doesn't align at all with what he proposed would happen, and also it as a pretty shitty crumb all around anyway that relied on someone else's action that he could not possibly have anticipated

I don't read too deeply into his n1 stuff, but d1 the first thing he said was "I was RB'd", not "syke I was actually the cop" which is literally the first thing any cop should've said in that scenario. His retracting his retraction was pretty weak if you care to go take alook, he would've expected there to be a decent chance to die anyway but what I might generously consider "important pre-death information" was spilled all over the place instead of waiting until last minute, even when he clearly was around last second?

Not a chance Chaqa is cop
The hole in your theory is I hadn’t decided whether I was going to retract my retraction until it became clear I would have to in order to survive. I was hoping to play mhself as VT fake claiming so I could maybe get a scan in the future, but it seemed clear I needed to be content to absorb roleblocks.

As far as the crumbs go - sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, because what you describe as shitty is what the truth was.

And Se7en was an absolutely popular film, and still is widely considered a classic.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4148 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:27 am

kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:53 am
President Eden wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:52 am
Hmm actually I forgot the vote for Jamie even happened.

Maybe I got caught up in my own excitement for her argument :lol:
Maybe I'll go reread the EoD tomorrow, but that was my feeling at the time, and yeah, you can't be trusted to be objective there.
YOU SAID YOU'D KILL JAMIE WITH ME
And I would have too, but it irked me.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4149 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:30 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:36 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:29 am

It's a very mild allergy (like mild itching in peak summer) and I was told this by my PCP years ago so I barely remember but I believe it was largely to pollen, though direct contact can be somewhat allergenic as well

Also re: Chaqa

Forgot to mention, scum!Chaqa wouldn't actually know who was VT and who was PR, which ups the likelihood of him picking a scum partner and banking on the no flip. Though it's equally likely he would've used the opportunity to go PR fishing so I don't know how valid this idea is, but there you go
Yeah, I considered that re: scum!Chaqa claim. I disregarded it for the reason you finished with. A fake cop claim has multiple ways now to out a PR which could be worth it.

My biggest reason to not think he was fake claiming is that he had 10 minutes left, and no reason to claim. Many people had voiced they'd move to jasnah. And he was only tied for the lead. I don't see scum!Chaqa panic claiming. And so if he did claim it had to be premeditated. Maybe it was? I guess the se7en clue requires that?
He had more time to think about how to make a passable Cop claim than just the 10 minutes - the wagon was building momentum in the thread (if not necessarily in the votes) for at least an hour beforehand. And he claimed when he hit the lead with 10 mins left, and my recollection of the thread momentum was that it was squarely going against him. The timing felt right for a fakeclaim, but it's something that I think would be hard to feel out just from reading in hindsight.
I did actually type up the claim message about six hours before end of phase just in case. It was saved in my old discord’s chat so I could copy it if needed 🤣🤣

Including the part saying y’all suck.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4150 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:30 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:09 am
kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:06 am
President Eden wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:02 am
Maybe I'm silly for caring about this detail, but if snowy's right about the timing of that start of n1 post from worcej, that actually does bother me a lot. Because that post set off alarm bells as being inauthentic, and it sounds like it just about had to be preplanned from the timing.
Yeah I also was sketched out because the last time I saw worcej sit and watch himself get wagoned (he was town) he posted a dying reads list. I asked him about it, he said he was in a meeting which presumably ended at EOD and he wrote up his reaction post while Demon was doing the flavor? Not sure.

I do struggle to see why scum!worcej points out that he's around right at EOD without trying to save himself if he was available to actually post.
A reference that an incredibly handsome, witty and charming poster made early in night 1 would probably be handy here.
President Eden wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:39 pm
The wagons at the moment of the claim (alphabetical order):

Chaqa (8): Bonatogether, bozotheclown, ghug, kgray, President Eden, rdrivera2005, snowy801, TheFlyingBoat
jasnah (7): BunnyGo, Chaqa, damo666, Doom427, Jamiet99uk, lfischl, worcej
worcej (4): BesharamSabi, Durga, Fluminator, Tom Bombadil
President Eden (1): jasnah
ghug (1): Vecna
That's with seven minutes to go. I do believe worcej was at work. I do believe he was phone posting. Call me crazy but his post is 'modular' in the sense that you have to do very little work to modify the tut-tutting from 'how could you kill the un-cc'd cop' to 'how could you almost kill the un-cc'd cop' based on the actual results.

He probably was too busy drafting his wagon shade to even notice he ended up being a counterwagon :lol:
I was phone posting from a meeting too. Just saying.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4151 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:31 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:13 am
Durga wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
im happy

i made a wagon go brrr
Think so

bona's been weird all game, but never pinged me as bad weird (except like way early I guess but it was way early)
If anything he's been too normal.

snowy801

#4152 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:35 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:24 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:10 am
ok while I'm at it tl;dr Chaqa

So look, whenever there's a cop in the game every scum player's going to claim it right, because why wouldn't you

miller was outed, who cares about oracle therefore generously assuming that we could've hit either cop or doc we'll upgrade from a measly 1/21 to a 2/21 for accidental PR hits D1. Vs. 4 scum fake claiming to save themselves, which is exactly how EoD1 came off as

further, consider the mindset of a scum, crumbing cop. If someone were to discover it a la damo, and it turns out someone else was actually the cop wouldn't you be suspicious? So you hide it as best you can, and Chaqa made his virtually impossible to spot authentically (Se7en is not a reference known to me, but even if it were his choosing that particular movie out of all references), also his first 7 posts comes in burst which doesn't align at all with what he proposed would happen, and also it as a pretty shitty crumb all around anyway that relied on someone else's action that he could not possibly have anticipated

I don't read too deeply into his n1 stuff, but d1 the first thing he said was "I was RB'd", not "syke I was actually the cop" which is literally the first thing any cop should've said in that scenario. His retracting his retraction was pretty weak if you care to go take alook, he would've expected there to be a decent chance to die anyway but what I might generously consider "important pre-death information" was spilled all over the place instead of waiting until last minute, even when he clearly was around last second?

Not a chance Chaqa is cop
The hole in your theory is I hadn’t decided whether I was going to retract my retraction until it became clear I would have to in order to survive. I was hoping to play mhself as VT fake claiming so I could maybe get a scan in the future, but it seemed clear I needed to be content to absorb roleblocks.

As far as the crumbs go - sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, because what you describe as shitty is what the truth was.

And Se7en was an absolutely popular film, and still is widely considered a classic.
You may be right. I suppose time will tell.

snowy801

#4153 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:36 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:31 am
snowy801 wrote:
Durga wrote:

Think so

I wouldn't know normal bona. You guys killed him too fast for me to discern

If default bona is weird, thus he's being normal now, then I'd argue he's being weird

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4154 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:37 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:36 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:31 am
snowy801 wrote:

Think so

I wouldn't know normal bona. You guys killed him too fast for me to discern

If default bona is weird, thus he's being normal now, then I'd argue he's being weird
This is indeed what I'm suggesting

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4155 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:39 am

Bona is hard to read. He’ll obvtown at some point or he won’t. 🤷🏻‍♂️

##Vote Bozo

There’s a reason I tried to scan him last night.

President Eden

#4156 Post by President Eden » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:43 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:30 am
President Eden wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 am

Yeah, I considered that re: scum!Chaqa claim. I disregarded it for the reason you finished with. A fake cop claim has multiple ways now to out a PR which could be worth it.

My biggest reason to not think he was fake claiming is that he had 10 minutes left, and no reason to claim. Many people had voiced they'd move to jasnah. And he was only tied for the lead. I don't see scum!Chaqa panic claiming. And so if he did claim it had to be premeditated. Maybe it was? I guess the se7en clue requires that?
He had more time to think about how to make a passable Cop claim than just the 10 minutes - the wagon was building momentum in the thread (if not necessarily in the votes) for at least an hour beforehand. And he claimed when he hit the lead with 10 mins left, and my recollection of the thread momentum was that it was squarely going against him. The timing felt right for a fakeclaim, but it's something that I think would be hard to feel out just from reading in hindsight.
I did actually type up the claim message about six hours before end of phase just in case. It was saved in my old discord’s chat so I could copy it if needed 🤣🤣

If I'm wrong about this then this will truly be the worst thing I've ever pushed somebody on in mafia history, but I swear I remember you telling me (and several others) you had deleted your old Discord altogether after removing everyone and archiving it. I call cap.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4157 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:43 am

I'm ok with bozo but can y'all at least give me kgray as a counter?

President Eden

#4158 Post by President Eden » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:43 am
I'm ok with bozo but can y'all at least give me kgray as a counter?
best I can do is worcej :pawnstarsgif:

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4159 Post by Chaqa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 am

President Eden wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:30 am
President Eden wrote:

If I'm wrong about this then this will truly be the worst thing I've ever pushed somebody on in mafia history, but I swear I remember you telling me (and several others) you had deleted your old Discord altogether after removing everyone and archiving it. I call cap.
I don’t think it would be against the rules of the game for me to provide a screenshot of my discord? Let me check that

snowy801

#4160 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:44 am

President Eden wrote:
Just ask for an invite
Or maybe don't, that might be metagaming