M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#4081 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:26 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:19 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:11 am

Well...Jamie keeps telling me to. And town!Jamie usually knows what's what. But not when he's on tilt. So I keep trying to do what he says, but I'm not happy about it.

Then I decided: you know what? Bozo is reminding me of his scum game. Though he's usually more steady. But as soon as I voted him, YOU kept posting in ways I can't stop thinking "seriously? How is nobody calling him on this shit? Is he pulling the too scummy to be scum thing again, but everyone has played with him too much?"

So I'm voting you again.

And the short posts was because I was doing most of this on my phone while making sure my kids stayed asleep.
I have a ghug post that says 'town bona is voted off for being off-the-wall, and scum bona emulates this in an over-the-top way'. I consider this an accurate way of reading me, but I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that. I will note, however, that some people are townreading me for actually being towny this game 8-)
If you had rolled scum this game, how would you have changed your game to avoid that meta?
I don't really think about how I play ahead of time? I just do whatever feels natural. That scum game of mine, I was like, 'hell yeah, no rules except messing with people and shit', and it worked so I kept doing it, but in my town games around the same time, I was trying to think things through and shit.

If I had thought about it at all, I probably would have thought that I would definitely need to not do the whole too scummy to be scum thing again, or at least not intentionally.

Durga

#4082 Post by Durga » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 am

has kgray done any scum hunting today or just telling people they're wrong for scum reading her

BunnyGo

#4083 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:29 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:25 am
snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:03 am

Fun fact: I'm allergic to birch trees

My greatest nemesis
Wait...like walking past them? Stepping on their goddamn sharp and hard seed pods? Climbing them? Licking the bark?
It's a very mild allergy (like mild itching in peak summer) and I was told this by my PCP years ago so I barely remember but I believe it was largely to pollen, though direct contact can be somewhat allergenic as well

Also re: Chaqa

Forgot to mention, scum!Chaqa wouldn't actually know who was VT and who was PR, which ups the likelihood of him picking a scum partner and banking on the no flip. Though it's equally likely he would've used the opportunity to go PR fishing so I don't know how valid this idea is, but there you go
Yeah, I considered that re: scum!Chaqa claim. I disregarded it for the reason you finished with. A fake cop claim has multiple ways now to out a PR which could be worth it.

My biggest reason to not think he was fake claiming is that he had 10 minutes left, and no reason to claim. Many people had voiced they'd move to jasnah. And he was only tied for the lead. I don't see scum!Chaqa panic claiming. And so if he did claim it had to be premeditated. Maybe it was? I guess the se7en clue requires that?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4084 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:32 am
has kgray done any scum hunting today or just telling people they're wrong for scum reading her
Mostly the latter.

BunnyGo

#4085 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:33 am

And I have 2 birch trees in my yard, and learned that I should not walk in my grass barefoot because of them. Painful fuckers.

Bonatogether

#4086 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:33 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:23 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:20 am

That was m64? I'm more coherent and in control. I dunno.
@ghug give me something quotable
No no, that's OK. I'm looking for your own assessment. Do you edit your posts before posting them? Delete many posts you've written out in full and just decide they aren't worth it? Or just type your thoughts as they come, but in a more coherent way?
I almost never edit, and I never delete posts that I've already written out.

I think I've gotten better at expressing my ideas, mostly. You guys aren't any more convinced by them though, lmao

President Eden

#4087 Post by President Eden » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:33 am

It's all WIFOM to high hell but on day 1 without previously talking to partners, I would probably only be comfortable naming Chaqa or Bona if I were fakeclaiming Cop. Anybody else I would be too worried about dragging them down with me. Fuck those guys though 8-)

Chaqa would probably only make that play with exactly me out of the player list. He likes gambits but he would feel like an asshole if he dragged someone down with him without talking it out first. Except me that is 8-)

snowy801

#4088 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:34 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:24 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:15 am
ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:43 am
<snip>

Hey I like kgray a lot. But she's scum.
Why?
Why do I have to explain this repeatedly?

Her vote today is bad. Her voting yesterday was weird, in retrospect. When she's town, she bleeds it out of every pore, whereas when she's scum she just kinda looks OK, which is what we're seeing here.
Tbh this isn't the worst argument I've heard. Kgray in M69 oozed town from the get go, though from a sub slot I hard town read whilst I was cleared myself is probably a very different dynamic.

I found myself more and more pissed at her recalcitrant stubbornness as time goes on, and thinking on it it's not just ghug v. Kgray she had a similar argument with Eden where I was like "I mean he's clearly not being disingenuous" and all she had to say was "fuck off your opinion doesn't matter to me"

I mostly say this so I'm not too embarrassed post game I still think she's town and you guys are just piss contesting

BunnyGo

#4089 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:35 am

kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:27 am
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

Her vote today is bad. Her voting yesterday was weird, in retrospect. When she's town, she bleeds it out of every pore, whereas when she's scum she just kinda looks OK, which is what we're seeing here.
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Don't waste your time, Bunny.
Thanks! I don't have much time...and I'm expecting to be out of this game soon enough.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4090 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:35 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:35 am
kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:27 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Thanks, I'll take a look.
Don't waste your time, Bunny.
Thanks! I don't have much time...and I'm expecting to be out of this game soon enough.
Me too, I hope.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4091 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:36 am

Durga wrote:
She's voting Chaqa, does that count?.

(No)

President Eden

#4092 Post by President Eden » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:36 am

BunnyGo wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Wait...like walking past them? Stepping on their goddamn sharp and hard seed pods? Climbing them? Licking the bark?
It's a very mild allergy (like mild itching in peak summer) and I was told this by my PCP years ago so I barely remember but I believe it was largely to pollen, though direct contact can be somewhat allergenic as well

Also re: Chaqa

Forgot to mention, scum!Chaqa wouldn't actually know who was VT and who was PR, which ups the likelihood of him picking a scum partner and banking on the no flip. Though it's equally likely he would've used the opportunity to go PR fishing so I don't know how valid this idea is, but there you go
Yeah, I considered that re: scum!Chaqa claim. I disregarded it for the reason you finished with. A fake cop claim has multiple ways now to out a PR which could be worth it.

My biggest reason to not think he was fake claiming is that he had 10 minutes left, and no reason to claim. Many people had voiced they'd move to jasnah. And he was only tied for the lead. I don't see scum!Chaqa panic claiming. And so if he did claim it had to be premeditated. Maybe it was? I guess the se7en clue requires that?
He had more time to think about how to make a passable Cop claim than just the 10 minutes - the wagon was building momentum in the thread (if not necessarily in the votes) for at least an hour beforehand. And he claimed when he hit the lead with 10 mins left, and my recollection of the thread momentum was that it was squarely going against him. The timing felt right for a fakeclaim, but it's something that I think would be hard to feel out just from reading in hindsight.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4093 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:38 am

snowy801 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:34 am
ghug wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Why?

Tbh this isn't the worst argument I've heard. Kgray in M69 oozed town from the get go, though from a sub slot I hard town read whilst I was cleared myself is probably a very different dynamic.

I found myself more and more pissed at her recalcitrant stubbornness as time goes on, and thinking on it it's not just ghug v. Kgray she had a similar argument with Eden where I was like "I mean he's clearly not being disingenuous" and all she had to say was "fuck off your opinion doesn't matter to me"

I mostly say this so I'm not too embarrassed post game I still think she's town and you guys are just piss contesting
It is obviously a very different dynamic from that game.

Sorry I piss everyone off. I'm trying to step back this phase and I guess I'm doing a shitty job at it, but I'm pretty fucking frustrated.

Durga

#4094 Post by Durga » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:38 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:36 am
Durga wrote:

(No)
did you just admit that you and chaqa are indeed the same person

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4095 Post by kgray » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:38 am

ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:

(No)
Fuck you

Durga

#4096 Post by Durga » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:38 am

kgray wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:38 am
snowy801 wrote:
ghug wrote:

Sorry I piss everyone off. I'm trying to step back this phase and I guess I'm doing a shitty job at it, but I'm pretty fucking frustrated.
noooo don't step back. you don't piss me off :'(

snowy801

#4097 Post by snowy801 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:40 am

kgray wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
ghug wrote:

I mean it was just that moment which passed, I don't want it to seem like it was more than it was

It is somewhat frustrating that all you've done (or at least I feel) this day is yell at ghug for daring to be wrong about you, which I guess is his point

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4098 Post by ghug » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:41 am

snowy801 wrote:
ghug wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Why?

She had a scumgame where I had doubts about her but dismissed them because she was still OK. Then I scumread two of her teammates so she killed me.

The other time I played with scum kgray was a similar story: I had PR information that slightly pointed to her being scum, but she seemed okayish otherwise. I pushed her anyway and then she claimed and Jamie saved her to kill me like a dummy.

President Eden

#4099 Post by President Eden » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:41 am

Say what y'all will about kgray but I don't think Chaqa is town and I think there's actual 0% chance* she plays EOD1 the way she does as his partner in a no-flip game.

(*: fine it's like sub-1%, they're a crafty team, but the incentives aren't there)

BunnyGo

#4100 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:41 am

kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:

(No)
Fuck you
I'm confused. Why are you pissed off?