M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3641 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Ok so Chaqa thinks that scum tried to save Jasnah, and he thought it was important to draw attention to this theory.

At the same time, he refuses to talk about the ringleader of the late-D1 "SAVE JASNAH!" push. (i.e. Ghug), and indicates a refusal to talk about him until several days from now.

If its so important to avoid discussing Ghug, why did you want to discuss events in which Ghug was a pivotal actor?

Not fucking helpful Chaqa.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

President Eden

#3642 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:46 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:37 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:34 pm
Regardless of if Damo is cop.or not, the kill had to be read as meaning the Mafia think it's cop, right? Unless they all agreeded to pick someone they think had a possible crumbed read. That theory leads to PE being Mafia (and honestly, that's a solid plan, not gonna lie. Good on you if that's what happened team scum)
Mafia probably thought Damo was some other PR.

As a general rule, and many here disagree with this but should be able to attest irs always been my stance, scum will want to separate the kill and roleblock for the first few nights as:
1. It lets you potentially stop two PRs over one
2. People who get roleblocked get suspected

Last game Maniac tried to claim a roleblock as scum and it bought him some town cred from many (me included), to be fair, but that isn’t the case here
:sick:

Unless youre the godfather hoping for a quick scan from JOAT-dearest, eh?

Regardless, the take of "scum thought damo was some other PR"

Instead of "Eden is trying to clear himself and making it look like damo was cop instead of me"

Is a really big red herring to me.

FLIP-FLOP

(fucking catchups, this is the start of day2. Enjoy getting confused peeps)
With the caveat that I haven’t been mafia in ages and don’t know what I would actually do, I imagine Chaqa either doesn’t think I would go to the bother of all that as mafia, or doesn’t think my mafia team would go through with it. I think this play would be a massive overextension for dubious gain; it’s not like the general sentiment has been that Chaqa is faking. If I hadn’t loudly pushed it, would anybody even be thinking about it right now?

I reckon Chaqa got to this conclusion because it’s just the correct one from his perspective. It’s not weird to me.

President Eden

#3643 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:58 pm
Ok so Chaqa thinks that scum tried to save Jasnah, and he thought it was important to draw attention to this theory.

At the same time, he refuses to talk about the ringleader of the late-D1 "SAVE JASNAH!" push. (i.e. Ghug), and indicates a refusal to talk about him until several days from now.

If its so important to avoid discussing Ghug, why did you want to discuss events in which Ghug was a pivotal actor?

I don’t know what he has on ghug, but I saw enough in an earlier comment to respect his stance here.

That said, he should talk about something he doesn’t have to sit on

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3644 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:04 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I don’t know what he has on ghug, but I saw enough in an earlier comment to respect his stance here.

Ah yeah it’s a busy day is all. We’re adopting that blind dog 😅

snowy801

#3645 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:05 pm

President Eden wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Not to discourage Chaqa from talking or anything, but I think we should talk about someone other than him for once.

How do you feel about the idea that TFB is curating his posts/coached/went from active to lurking real quick?

I did notice he made a big post not long after the last suggestion was made.

Jamiet99uk

#3646 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:06 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:05 pm
President Eden wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Not to discourage Chaqa from talking or anything, but I think we should talk about someone other than him for once.

How do you feel about the idea that TFB is curating his posts/coached/went from active to lurking real quick?

I was trying to talk about Ghug but apparently that's not allowed.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

President Eden

#3647 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:07 pm

snowy801 wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

His posts from day 1 can’t have been curated or coached and I quite liked them. His drop-off since is concerning.

snowy801

#3648 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:09 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:06 pm
snowy801 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Talk about ghug if you prefer. Do you have anything interesting on him?

I think he's about as obviously town as ghug can be but apparently by view is not necessarily shared.

snowy801

#3649 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:10 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:07 pm
snowy801 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

His posts from day 1 can’t have been curated or coached and I quite liked them. His drop-off since is concerning.
Well I meant curated in the sense to address the idea that he's been very cautious about justifying the opinions he voices. I think one example was him stating that Chaqa was cop when voting worcej EoD1.

Did you ever get that impression?

President Eden

#3650 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:14 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:10 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:07 pm
snowy801 wrote:

Well I meant curated in the sense to address the idea that he's been very cautious about justifying the opinions he voices. I think one example was him stating that Chaqa was cop when voting worcej EoD1.

Did you ever get that impression?
For the most part, no. When the worcej vote was pointed out earlier today, it did strike me that explaining that he can’t vote the Cop might have veered into overexplaining. Across the board, though, I don’t get that impression (though perhaps I specifically wouldn’t, lol).

snowy801

#3651 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:16 pm

What do you guys think about Doom and bozo?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3652 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:40 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:12 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:46 am

How is everyone so convinced Chaqa is not the cop? Why do you think this is the only reason to keep him alive? Is there a cop claim I somehow overlooked? This is a bit lazy from you rdr
Claiming to save your neck is sus as hell.
If he is the Cop scum will keep RBing him forever so it's a useless Cop.l and people will keep discuss forever. The RB thing is the only net positive outcome of keeping him alive.

This said, I am starting to think his claim might be true.

Other quick takes. Ghug is probably town and Kgray is probably scum.
Care to talk about the Kgray read? im intrigued
My take is I usually have the same thoughts as Kgray when we are both town to the point of naming her my spokesperson because she usually made the points I want to make in a better way. This game I fail to follow almost all takes she is doing, like voting Chaqa and the way she interacted with Flum and Durga.

On the other side I can rreally follow Ghug's logic (considering I tunneled a town Ghug last game maybe this isn't that good).

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3653 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:17 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:16 pm
Very very slight town lean on doom. Maybe medium town lean on Bozo.

Vecna

#3654 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:40 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:36 pm
why werent you playing dip today Ghug, you big chicken
Playing with Durga, Morgante, and Mastbaum as my neighbors in vWDC helped reaffirm that I hate Diplomacy.
Yeah, I got the experience of the morgante/mastbaum sandwich as well yesterday

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3655 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:18 pm

@rivera: you’ve had two different instances this game where you say I did something or was pushing for something that was demonstrably false that you never responded to.

Are you not reading or were you stuck in a tunnel on me, what’s the deal?

snowy801

#3656 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:17 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Very very slight town lean on doom. Maybe medium town lean on Bozo.
Hmm, Doom was my strongest town read as of yesterday (excepting Bunny, assume this for all subsequent posts I guess).

Better question is where does your medium town lean on Bozo come from? Anything catch your eye?

Jamiet99uk

#3657 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:19 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:09 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

I think he's about as obviously town as ghug can be but apparently by view is not necessarily shared.
I'm not sold on Ghug being town at all. He's made a lot of noise but a lot of his posts seem like filler or shitposts (including his Doctor claim).

When a wagon formed on him for a while in D1 he did not respond to it at all, he just ignored it and hoped it would go away, which strikes me as more of a scum!ghug reaction.

I am genuinely interested in the way Ghug was so insistent on the importance of saving Jasnah at all costs. Why stick his neck out and be so forceful in demanding that a posse form up with him to save a liar and scum-suspect who had been plausibly counter-claimed?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3658 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:16 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:12 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:46 am

How is everyone so convinced Chaqa is not the cop? Why do you think this is the only reason to keep him alive? Is there a cop claim I somehow overlooked? This is a bit lazy from you rdr
Claiming to save your neck is sus as hell.
If he is the Cop scum will keep RBing him forever so it's a useless Cop.l and people will keep discuss forever. The RB thing is the only net positive outcome of keeping him alive.

This said, I am starting to think his claim might be true.

Other quick takes. Ghug is probably town and Kgray is probably scum.
Why is his cop claim probably true? And why would we daykill him for being useless if he might be clear town?

Please explain ghug and kgray reads
Already explained to Vecna.

I think the way Chaqa acted today is really similar to last mini we played together and I re-read him a lot because itv was between him and Maniac on kilo. And I don't think he will claim this way as VT. And I don't want to DK him, I just said he is useless as cop because of the RB.

Jamiet99uk

#3659 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:21 pm

snowy801 wrote:
I am scum leaning on Bozo as I've said.

Doom seems OK.

snowy801

#3660 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:19 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:09 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I'm not sold on Ghug being town at all. He's made a lot of noise but a lot of his posts seem like filler or shitposts (including his Doctor claim).

When a wagon formed on him for a while in D1 he did not respond to it at all, he just ignored it and hoped it would go away, which strikes me as more of a scum!ghug reaction.

I am genuinely interested in the way Ghug was so insistent on the importance of saving Jasnah at all costs. Why stick his neck out and be so forceful in demanding that a posse form up with him to save a liar and scum-suspect who had been plausibly counter-claimed?
Maybe there's a perspective divide based on how likely people think Jasnah was scum. I felt that ghug was doing the natural thing to save someone he felt was town and move to what he saw as scum. I think his voting Chaqa wasn't quite as natural as, say, Kgray but none of it struck me as scummy.

Arguably in a no flip game scum might feel more comfortable going balls to the wall defending a scummate, but this relies on Jasnah being scum which I still think is highly dubious and on top there was a great deal of chatter about spending oracle on Jasnah to determine which I might imagine would further nuance any outright saving efforts.

Do you feel that ghug was just openly defending a teammate there? Or else, supposing Jasnah was town, what motive might ghug have in acting as he did? I guess he could've been trying to vote out someone else probably correctly banking on Jasnah eventually being voted out regardless, but if that was the goal I'd say (having actually been at EoD) the momentum not to vote out Jasnah was already there and the effort was superfluous.

I also think his suspicions are edged with a paranoia that's difficult to fake.