M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3301 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:46 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:45 pm
The only reason I see to keep Chaqa alive is to screw a bit with scum RB. If Chaqa is town they will need to keep RBing him and if he is scum they will either RB the NK target or not RB.
How is everyone so convinced Chaqa is not the cop? Why do you think this is the only reason to keep him alive? Is there a cop claim I somehow overlooked? This is a bit lazy from you rdr

snowy801

#3302 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:45 am
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:41 am
While you're at it, you claimed that yesterday you invested in your own way methods to identify scum and focused thus on damo.

Would you say you have begun similar measures today? If not, why? Is it because you think you've found scum in me, and are satisfied in that knowledge?
What an awkward question. Yes I'm scumhunting right now and think you're hella suspicious.
It is interesting that you would claim this. I don't think I would characterize your actions today as scumhunting; perhaps floundering after being called out loudly and repeatedly.

But by all means, hunt away. What hard hitting questions that cut to the heart of me have you prepared? Or perhaps it is a more subtle trap you've laid, one which will slowly draw me into your crucible?

Come now, Flum. You can do better than this. Do thus.

Durga

#3303 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 am

Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:44 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:34 pm
Regardless of if Damo is cop.or not, the kill had to be read as meaning the Mafia think it's cop, right? Unless they all agreeded to pick someone they think had a possible crumbed read. That theory leads to PE being Mafia (and honestly, that's a solid plan, not gonna lie. Good on you if that's what happened team scum)
If I'm mafia, then damo can't be hinting that I'm his d0 town scan. His hint only works if I'm town. I am the one person who noticed his behavior that can't be suspicious for noticing it lol.
The theory is Damo is VT, you're Mafia. You saw something that could be a D0 town scan on you. Kill, say Damo has to be cop, then today we hang Chaqa. That's a solid Mafia play, IMO. And is why I think it's good to reread damo's stuff under that light.
Yes, this is a good post - I'm not sure PE is that obviously diabolical but I can see others wanting this to happen and supporting his perception on Damo being cop for it.

Fluminator

#3304 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:53 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:51 am
Fluminator wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:41 am
While you're at it, you claimed that yesterday you invested in your own way methods to identify scum and focused thus on damo.

Would you say you have begun similar measures today? If not, why? Is it because you think you've found scum in me, and are satisfied in that knowledge?
What an awkward question. Yes I'm scumhunting right now and think you're hella suspicious.
It is interesting that you would claim this. I don't think I would characterize your actions today as scumhunting; perhaps floundering after being called out loudly and repeatedly.

But by all means, hunt away. What hard hitting questions that cut to the heart of me have you prepared? Or perhaps it is a more subtle trap you've laid, one which will slowly draw me into your crucible?

Unfortunately for you, I couldn't care less about what you think about how I figure out scum.

Durga

#3305 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:53 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm
Ok, having caught up:

Seeing the number of people who thought damo was cop with an Eden scan, I think it's likely mafia was hunting for the cop there, which de facto means Chaqa isn't. There's also the fact that claiming the most valuable PR to avoid daykill means you're more likely to be scum, and everything he did that made us want to daykill him. The nighttime reaction means nothing; any actual PR with half a brain does that, and thus so does a fake claimant. Flum's quotes have me feeling good about damo not actually being the cop, so overall not a bad position to be in.

All that said, I don't think we should kill Chaqa today. We could be wrong, he eats roleblocks while he's alive, and it'll make the day more interesting. The fact that kgray wants to do this is suspicious. I'm not that surprised by anyone else who's suggesting it. Kgray was less eager to kill Chaqa yesterday than she wanted it to seem, and the jasnah vote was weird. I also don't feel in my bones that she is town, which has been a reliable heuristic in the past (one that I haven't listened to). ##VOTE kgray
The first post from ghug that I've actually liked wow.

##vote kgray

Durga

#3306 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:54 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:07 pm
ghug wrote:
Ok, having caught up:

Seeing the number of people who thought damo was cop with an Eden scan, I think it's likely mafia was hunting for the cop there, which de facto means Chaqa isn't. There's also the fact that claiming the most valuable PR to avoid daykill means you're more likely to be scum, and everything he did that made us want to daykill him. The nighttime reaction means nothing; any actual PR with half a brain does that, and thus so does a fake claimant. Flum's quotes have me feeling good about damo not actually being the cop, so overall not a bad position to be in.

All that said, I don't think we should kill Chaqa today. We could be wrong, he eats roleblocks while he's alive, and it'll make the day more interesting. The fact that kgray wants to do this is suspicious. I'm not that surprised by anyone else who's suggesting it. Kgray was less eager to kill Chaqa yesterday than she wanted it to seem, and the jasnah vote was weird. I also don't feel in my bones that she is town, which has been a reliable heuristic in the past (one that I haven't listened to). ##VOTE kgray
This makes no sense... What?
Which part?

snowy801

#3307 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:56 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:53 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

Unfortunately for you, I couldn't care less about what you think about how I figure out scum.
What was it Jamiet said earlier?

Ah, Standard Response #3.

Carry on, Flum. Let us see how far the weight of your puff can take you.

Durga

#3308 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:56 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:12 pm
ghug wrote:
Ok, having caught up:

If mafia are hunting for cop with a damo kill, why does that necessarily mean Chaqa isn't cop? Unless you know he's scum?
why would they think chaqa fake claimed as town?

Fluminator

#3309 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:58 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:56 am
Fluminator wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:53 am
snowy801 wrote:

What was it Jamiet said earlier?

Ah, Standard Response #3.

Carry on, Flum. Let us see how far the weight of your puff can take you.
I hope you're at least self aware of the irony of this post.

snowy801

#3310 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 am

Hello bona,

How did Durga's reaction to Bunny's long analysis of you two strike you? Authentic?

Fluminator

#3311 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 am

Durga wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
ghug wrote:
Ok, having caught up:

If mafia are hunting for cop with a damo kill, why does that necessarily mean Chaqa isn't cop? Unless you know he's scum?
Ghug's post still doesn't make complete sense to me. I haven't parsed his response yet either. I'm in the middle of D&D so I'll get back to ghug later.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3312 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:00 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 am
Durga wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

Ghug's post still doesn't make complete sense to me. I haven't parsed his response yet either. I'm in the middle of D&D so I'll get back to ghug later.
wtf Flum why are you here at all when you’re playing DnD? Figure out your priorities, smh

Durga

#3313 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:01 am

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:47 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:39 pm

Why?
Because it's bad play. Eden's cocky to a fault and trying to beat his friend. Doom is new and I think behaving reasonably based on the info she's been given. You don't have a good excuse, which makes it look like a bus. I'd scumread plenty of other people for voting Chaqa now, like Tom or rd, so it's not a unique standard, it's just only applying to you right now.
I don't have a good excuse for wanting to kill a scumread? What is bad play about wanting to kill who I think is scum?
I think the problem here is that you want to kill someone who claimed a role that hasn't been cc'd. Even if you think he's scummy, that's not how this works on d2, and I feel like you should know that.

Fluminator

#3314 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 am

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:00 am
Fluminator wrote:
Durga wrote:

wtf Flum why are you here at all when you’re playing DnD? Figure out your priorities, smh
It's been 45 minutes of treasure distribution when I'm a humble monk who doesn't need any

snowy801

#3315 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:03 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:01 am
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

Because it's bad play. Eden's cocky to a fault and trying to beat his friend. Doom is new and I think behaving reasonably based on the info she's been given. You don't have a good excuse, which makes it look like a bus. I'd scumread plenty of other people for voting Chaqa now, like Tom or rd, so it's not a unique standard, it's just only applying to you right now.
I don't have a good excuse for wanting to kill a scumread? What is bad play about wanting to kill who I think is scum?
I think the problem here is that you want to kill someone who claimed a role that hasn't been cc'd. Even if you think he's scummy, that's not how this works on d2, and I feel like you should know that.
bona's also noticeably opined to vote out Chaqa. How do you feel about his addition to the wagon?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3316 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:05 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:01 am
kgray wrote:
ghug wrote:

Yeah I get that. Maybe it’s premature. I’m just pretty convinced at the moment, and I do actually buy Eden’s theory, so it seems likely we won’t have a CC.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3317 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:06 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 am
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:00 am
Fluminator wrote:

It's been 45 minutes of treasure distribution when I'm a humble monk who doesn't need any
Oh monks are fun. I had one in a mini campaign I DM’d and he kept ruining all my plans :lol:

Durga

#3318 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:08 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:16 am
For a bunch of people that said I should recognize nuance, no one listens to any of the nuance in how I've been playing. It's been a blast. I'm not posting anymore for this phase. Deal with it.
If you're actually town this is probably scum trying to rile you up so don't give up I guess

Durga

#3319 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:10 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:40 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:45 am
Lol wtf why damo
Oh maybe you are scum
?

Bonatogether

#3320 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:13 am

snowy801 wrote:
Hello bona,

How did Durga's reaction to Bunny's long analysis of you two strike you? Authentic?
It feels very durga-esque. I don't know how to read Durga very well (or really remember how she plays) but she is playing true to form.