M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3241 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:58 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:23 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:41 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:39 pm

What’s your drink?
White wine
Zzzz
did i ask for your opinion? no. i did not. stay dead smh

Durga

#3242 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:59 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:34 am
Good luck . I've had enough*.

Must admit having skimmed catchup it's mostly juvenile bullshit.

I suggest we kill off the dross.

If I am in the minority I retire.

Over to you.

* alc, not the game.

If you are unsure whether you are dross or not, you are dross.
What does this mean

snowy801

#3243 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:01 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:55 am
@Eden/Bona/whoever:

Three questions:

1. Do you contest the crumbs I made on page 7 of me as cop w/ N0 scan on Flum?

2. If you do, do you think that's something that I would think to set up so early into the game? Rephrasing, is that really in character for me?

3. If I were mafia, why would I withdraw my claim?
Hi, whoever here.

I found it to be very strange. Fluminator first posted on page 5, on a very active channel. What guarantee did you even have that he'd do so before p7, assuming you planned to Se7en crumb in the prior day?

Personally I'm of the opinion that scum crumbs should be designed to be nigh invisible, since if a real PR caught onto it they'd have reason to suspect you. It was not reasonable for anyone to be expected to catch your crumb, I think.

And I note that you did not withdraw your claim, and very few people actually expected you to for whatever noise you made overnight.

snowy801

#3244 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:01 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:59 am
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:34 am
Good luck . I've had enough*.

Must admit having skimmed catchup it's mostly juvenile bullshit.

I suggest we kill off the dross.

If I am in the minority I retire.

Over to you.

* alc, not the game.

If you are unsure whether you are dross or not, you are dross.
What does this mean
I suspect the dross here refers to people who didn't vote for Jasnah, but God only knows now

Durga

#3245 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:03 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:57 am
First analysis of a pair of players: Bona-Durga

They've impressively voted for a combined 11 people (Bona voted 4 and Durga 8, and both voted Chaq and different times).

As for their interactions. Despite talking around each other and in parallel with each other, they manage to address each other exactly once. (for any new players, or old players who don't know go to https://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/search and type in Bona* the star gets you anything starting with Bona and search for words Durg*, then swap).

Bona only mentions Durga when he's quoting someone else about her, or including her in a list of everyone.

He cheerfully asks kgray why she's including durga on her list of possible scum.

When ghug votes Durga, his response is "So scummy it can't be scum"

And that's basically it (he references her interactions with others a couple times and always in ways that subtly compliment her, but never really address her or have her as the main topic).

Swapping now Durga mentions Bona a total of 4 times all day including in quotes. First to say on page 6 that there are no actual game reasons to kill Bona. OF COURSE NOT...it was page 6!
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:24 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:23 pm
Who is opposed to killing Bona?
Me. Why would we kill Bona for actual game reasons?
Then she told Bona he was being a bit much:
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:11 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:09 am
I couldn't find the post of ghug's but it was something like 'town bona is just weird and gets killed for it, scum bona imitates that in an over-the-top way but it works cause it's counterintuitive'
tbh you're feeling a little over the top
He wasn't addressing her, and she immediately makes a second post before anyone else to change the subject.

Then later Durga/snowy/kgray are talking about bozo.
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:55 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:54 pm

He was suspicious about me/Sabi/bona knowing each other, which is pretty standard. And he suggested I was part of scum theater, which is also something town!bozo does basically every game I'm in.
Oh I remember that now. All of that felt really forced to me, and hyper focused on you, which is also weird.
And that's about it.

Conclusions? I'm just surprised that the two of them managed to both be fairly active, and basically the same times, and engage with lots of players--except each other.

Time for sleep (my date is complaining about the typing waking her).
???????? what does this mean? that i'm scum with bona because you don't think we interacted a certain way? a lot of this post is a really ingenuine way to look at my interactions with him. i made a second post to change the subject? like what? i post a million things all the time it doesn't mean i'm changing the subject just because a second post might be about something else.

I don't know how much I interacted with bona but if I didn't do it much I probably didn't have much to say about him. There are 21 people in this game and he's pretty null for me so far.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3246 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:05 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:01 am
Chaqa wrote:
@Eden/Bona/whoever:

Three questions:

2. If you do, do you think that's something that I would think to set up so early into the game? Rephrasing, is that really in character for me?

Hi, whoever here.

I found it to be very strange. Fluminator first posted on page 5, on a very active channel. What guarantee did you even have that he'd do so before p7, assuming you planned to Se7en crumb in the prior day?

Personally I'm of the opinion that scum crumbs should be designed to be nigh invisible, since if a real PR caught onto it they'd have reason to suspect you. It was not reasonable for anyone to be expected to catch your crumb, I think.

And I note that you did not withdraw your claim, and very few people actually expected you to for whatever noise you made overnight.
Oh, I was thinking of a way to crumb it and seven was on my mind, Flum just happened to post that “trust me guys” message on like page 5 or 6 and it was perfect. I originally was going to make my seventh post mention Flum, but I miscounted and realized it on post 8.

Durga

#3247 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:05 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:27 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:25 am
Durga wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:08 am

Go to bed
I'm not up at 3 AM.
"Hi ghug. I'm happy you don't have the coronavirus. You're clearly town but I might not be." -Nice Durga
do you scum read me or not? or are you scum reading me just enough so that if i ever get day killed you don't look weird on my wagon?

President Eden

#3248 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:06 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:53 am
President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:31 am
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 am
Wait can an Oracle be death rb'd?

If so I say we for sure keep Chaqa around at leaat a little bit
The Oracle's reveal power cannot be roleblocked, no.
The selection of the power can be.

If Damo were Oracle and was roleblocked (with me fake claiming), he would not reveal anything, at least based on how I interpret things.

That isn't what happened, so we can safely assume Damo is not Oracle.

Or, at least, I can.
The plain language of the role suggests strongly that it cannot be roleblocked at all:

“… At Night, you may ##REVEAL a DEAD player. If you die from any method, that player’s ROLE and ALIGNMENT will be publicly posted in the game thread, You may change your REVEAL target on future nights. Your ability cannot be roleblocked.

We can be certain that damo is not the Oracle, and almost certain jasnah is not, so we have an Oracle, so in theory we could let you live until the Oracle pops off and reveals damo was the Cop, or until we’re at 9.

That is the only condition by which I would assent to your continued survival. I am not at all impressed by your alleged breadcrumb, which wouldn’t have taken that long to find and make up if you were mafia and decided to claim Cop. I am quite certain you’re mafia, but I recognize this is a pretty good test case for the Oracle’s ability, and so I am fine with voting someone else off on the basis that we will resolve your slot with the Oracle at some point anyway.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3249 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:08 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:57 am
Chaqa wrote:
@Eden/Bona/whoever:

Three questions:

1. They exist but are easily fakeable.

2. Yes.

3. Because that's the obvious move for town to make to survive here.
You think I just so happened to realize I had made a "I trust you" post, on page seven, that linked to someone who coincedentally was a VT, all with 5 minutes to end of phase?

That's... ugh.

It's also so far out of my playstyle. There's a lot of things I do, but I don't think anyone could find an example of me faking crumbs as scum on Day 1.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3250 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:09 am

President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:06 am
Chaqa wrote:
President Eden wrote:

If Damo were Oracle and was roleblocked (with me fake claiming), he would not reveal anything, at least based on how I interpret things.

Or, at least, I can.
The plain language of the role suggests strongly that it cannot be roleblocked at all:

“… At Night, you may ##REVEAL a DEAD player. If you die from any method, that player’s ROLE and ALIGNMENT will be publicly posted in the game thread, You may change your REVEAL target on future nights. Your ability cannot be roleblocked.

We can be certain that damo is not the Oracle, and almost certain jasnah is not, so we have an Oracle, so in theory we could let you live until the Oracle pops off and reveals damo was the Cop, or until we’re at 9.

That is the only condition by which I would assent to your continued survival. I am not at all impressed by your alleged breadcrumb, which wouldn’t have taken that long to find and make up if you were mafia and decided to claim Cop. I am quite certain you’re mafia, but I recognize this is a pretty good test case for the Oracle’s ability, and so I am fine with voting someone else off on the basis that we will resolve your slot with the Oracle at some point anyway.
##CallGM: Can the Oracle be roleblocked from choosing a target on the night they do so?

President Eden

#3251 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:05 am
snowy801 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
@Eden/Bona/whoever:

Three questions:

Hi, whoever here.

Oh, I was thinking of a way to crumb it and seven was on my mind, Flum just happened to post that “trust me guys” message on like page 5 or 6 and it was perfect. I originally was going to make my seventh post mention Flum, but I miscounted and realized it on post 8.
You decided on a Se7en-based crumb. You planned to make it your 7th post but miscounted. Then it just so happened that your 8th post was going to be on page 7, and in the interim your d0 scan posted, making it work? That is your story?

Durga

#3252 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:13 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:57 am
First analysis of a pair of players: Bona-Durga

<snip>

Conclusions? I'm just surprised that the two of them managed to both be fairly active, and basically the same times, and engage with lots of players--except each other.

Time for sleep (my date is complaining about the typing waking her).
What conclusions do you draw from it? You did the analysis.
As a bayesian signal only: I had previous had a null on Durga and a scumlean on you. This moved her higher as a consequence and you as well.

My thoughts on hunting here: I need to find whole teams because finding individuals and then using their flips to update my priors on other reads doesn't work.
i think you actually need to do the opposite. you need to find scummy players individually in this set up. it is way too easy to manipulate interactions with people to look a certain way. your analysis post on me and bona was terrible and if i was scum i could have very easily avoided interacting with a town bona if i wanted to, or vice versa. plus without the flip you can't assume the other player is guilty by association.

the play here is to find all the scummy individuals because we're never gonna find the teams without any info

snowy801

#3253 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 am

President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 am
Chaqa wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

Hi, whoever here.

You decided on a Se7en-based crumb. You planned to make it your 7th post but miscounted. Then it just so happened that your 8th post was going to be on page 7, and in the interim your d0 scan posted, making it work? That is your story?
I mean when you put it like that it sounds even worse than it did in my head

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3254 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 am

President Eden wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Or, at least, I can.

Nah, because with this plan you guys will not listen to a word I say all game or until the Oracle reveals damo is not the cop.

Which means either:
1. you vote me out now so I don't have to deal with the cumulative stupidity of it all
2. I don't contribute anythign meaningful since it won't be here anyway.

I'm willing to sheep Flum or Bunny for the rest of the game if need be. Or any other mechanical clears.

Also, the last constructive thing I feel like sharing:
We should not vote Lfischl today. I'm pretty sure I saw something that is reason to keep him alive.

I'm sure you'll be duty bound to vote him anyway and go 2/2 on dumb wagons.

President Eden

#3255 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:08 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
@Eden/Bona/whoever:

Three questions:

2. Yes.

You think I just so happened to realize I had made a "I trust you" post, on page seven, that linked to someone who coincedentally was a VT, all with 5 minutes to end of phase?

That's... ugh.

It's also so far out of my playstyle. There's a lot of things I do, but I don't think anyone could find an example of me faking crumbs as scum on Day 1.
You knew you were on the block for quite some time before the claim. You had time to go dig through it and pick something out. I could not begin to speculate why you chose the post you did, and I acknowledge that not being able to do so makes the counter explanation weaker. But you frame it as though any contrary explanation is impossible, or that we should think it impossible, and it’s simply not.

Bonatogether

#3256 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:08 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
@Eden/Bona/whoever:

Three questions:

2. Yes.

That's... ugh.

No, I believe that your story about catching flum's post and having that idea, but I do not believe that it is strongly indicative of you being cop.

8-)

You're not a static player.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3257 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 am

President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 am
Chaqa wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

Hi, whoever here.

No.

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?us ... t=d1-&g=70

I realized I fucked up when I posted post 8 on page 6. It just so happened Flum put the perfect opportunity in front of me. I tried to make my post the first post of page seven but failed.

snowy801

#3258 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 am
President Eden wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Or, at least, I can.

Nah, because with this plan you guys will not listen to a word I say all game or until the Oracle reveals damo is not the cop.

Which means either:
1. you vote me out now so I don't have to deal with the cumulative stupidity of it all

I'm willing to sheep Flum or Bunny for the rest of the game if need be. Or any other mechanical clears.

We should not vote Lfischl today. I'm pretty sure I saw something that is reason to keep him alive.

Oh yeah lfischl was such a serious wagon that you had to go all PR hunty for it, is that your position?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3259 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:15 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:11 am
President Eden wrote:

Which means either:

Oh yeah lfischl was such a serious wagon that you had to go all PR hunty for it, is that your position?
Nope. I noticed something in a post of his as I was reading.

There's even a note in the God QT about it for when this shitfest is over for you to go all read.

##Vote Chaqa ##END

I'm bored. just yeet me so I can forget this game ever happened

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3260 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:16 am

For a bunch of people that said I should recognize nuance, no one listens to any of the nuance in how I've been playing. It's been a blast. I'm not posting anymore for this phase. Deal with it.