M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3041 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:47 pm

Wait is BunnyGo one of your discord peeps?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3042 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:48 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:46 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:45 pm
I’ve definitely decided i don’t like no reveal games
But you prefer them in AmongUs?
Yes for sure. There’s so much objective data in Among Us.

Mafia is all conjecture outside PR stuff

President Eden

#3043 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:49 pm

Back from shooting aliens but prolly gonna go conquer some and not be here for EON. Unless this takes me until EON to type lol!

Most of what I have to say hasn't changed. My reads to date are mostly unchanged from last night's reread.

Chaqa's fakeclaim of Cop is enough to kill him on its own. Don't let him wiggle out of his own words about punishing retracted hardclaims by arguing that he wasn't hardclaiming Cop - the effect that his claim had, so late in the phase, when he was in the crosshairs for hours beforehand was the same as a hardclaim. He certainly wanted us to believe it was a hardclaim when he was on the block. If the claim isn't enough then revisit kgray's and ghug's arguments. And don't let him guilt trip you or charm you or finesse you into disregarding these things. Don't fall for silly WIFOM with roleblocks and such either. If you let him go, then do it because you found something better to press and it stopped making sense for him to be mafia in light of new information. The existing information is damning.

Durga's EOD wavering on jasnah is suspicious if Chaqa is mafia (because of the incentive to save Chaqa), but to be fair she's not especially suspicious if Chaqa is town. I am moderately confident she is mafia because I am very confident Chaqa is, but without that association the case on her is weaker.

lfischl is a really good shot as well if your feet are a bit cold to vote off Chaqa. He's flown under the radar so far but has no real investment in any outcome to date. If I'm alive tomorrow (pretty likely) and I can't get a push on Chaqa or Durga then I probably go here.

Remaining decent shots, in approximate order of likelihood: Jamie, worcej, Vecna, Tom. I would be very surprised if there's more than one mafia outside of these four + the other 3 I mentioned above + jasnah.

I feel quite good about everyone in my "town" group plus bozo and Flum.

President Eden

#3044 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:51 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:48 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:46 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:45 pm
I’ve definitely decided i don’t like no reveal games
But you prefer them in AmongUs?
Yes for sure. There’s so much objective data in Among Us.

Mafia is all conjecture outside PR stuff
Yea agreed here. In AU, no flip adds a little suspense and uncertainty to a mostly (but not always) solvable game; here, it makes the game a lot of a crapshoot.

BunnyGo

#3045 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:49 pm
<snip>

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3046 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 pm

Something feels very off about Flum and Durga.

Snowy keeps prodding people and encouraging people questioning others, but doesn't really take it anywhere with his own reads, let alone pushes. Don't like it.

Tom has done nothing and deserves no townreads, so people are townreading him are sus.

If I die, kill ghug.

Vecna

#3047 Post by Vecna » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 pm

PE, you should townread me pre-emtively just so you can say you did when I return to obv-towning (in the event I dont just weirdly end up dying now)

damo666

#3048 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:54 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 pm

Snowy keeps prodding people and encouraging people questioning others, but doesn't really take it anywhere with his own reads, let alone pushes. Don't like it.

Tom has done nothing and deserves no townreads, so people are townreading him are sus.

If I die, kill ghug.
Why?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3049 Post by kgray » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:55 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:54 pm
kgray wrote:

If I die, kill ghug.
Why?
lol it's mostly a joke

damo666

#3050 Post by damo666 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:57 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:55 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:54 pm
kgray wrote:

If I die, kill ghug.
Why?
lol it's mostly a joke
O dear I've gone all Jamie!

Fluminator

#3051 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:58 pm

My new scumtell on Jamiet is him pretending not to understand humour.

Remember he's a pretty funny guy himself.

snowy801

#3052 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:58 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:58 pm

Name one time he's been funny

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3053 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

One time at band camp…

bozotheclown

#3054 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Finding out whether Chaqa’s cop claim retraction is real should give us a better idea of how to interpret D1. Among the players who indicate they thought jasnah was town, several were willing to DK Chaqa over jasnah but not worcej, and there was at least one player (Durga) willing to DK worcej over jasnah but not Chaqa. Then there is Fluminator, who was voting for worcej until Chaqa claimed cop, then switched to jasnah.

snowy801

#3055 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:59 pm

I'm probably safe tonight but since you never know...

It seems fairly likely to me that Jasnah is in fact town, and even if not there's not any excessive danger in assuming not. Either we will know through Oracle, or devolve into a sea of wifom wrt who bussed/saved who and when, and there's less harm in overestimating danger than not.

I don't believe town!Chaqa ever fake claims cop to survive a day. So we're looking at cop!Chaqa or scum!Chaqa with a real cop elsewhere, which is almost entirely a self-resolving issue, unless in an ungodly stroke of luck the actual cop gets mauled tonight. I generously attribute talks of voting out Chaqa without a counterclaim as wifom, but if anyone appears to seriously push this angle tomorrow they should be seriously suspect.

Speaking of luck though, as PE says probability states that Chaqa is just scum. I imagine time will tell.

Not really sure about the rest, just remember not to be bogged down in certainty. Day 1 reads are notoriously unreliable, and the usual methods of refinement are limited. There's a definite decrease in hostility in this game which is heartening to see, and that I rather think that will be our biggest game winner in the end.

See you on the flip side.

Fluminator

#3056 Post by Fluminator » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

Dude, Jamiet has successfully made me laugh out loud a few times over the years.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3057 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 pm

NIGHT HAS ENDED PLEASE HOLD

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3058 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:04 pm

Meanwhile, inside Baskin-Robbins

A empty container rolls across the table and hits the floor as Winefred slams her spoon on the table, "More."

The producer Gus had spoken to earlier comes up to her, "I think you should may-"

"MORE!" Winefred bellowed as she rocked to her feet. The young woman pressed herself up to the wall at the tone.

"Ok Winefred, I tell you what, why don't you head on out and I get something to take back to the house, ok?" The producer asked, somewhat hesitantly. Winnie grumbled and headed for the door, leaving naught but carnage behind at her table. The producer sighed in relief and headed to the counter, Gus waiting with a bemused grin.

"I'm sorry," She started, "Can I get another container to go?"

"She ate the last of the Orange." Gus explained, "Ain't no more until the next truck comes in, we're low across the board."

Winefred stopped momentarially at the door pushing a boom, it's operator falling and nearly hitting a table. "Get the 'ell outta my way, I'm the star here!"

The mob of people and cameras left, orbiting Winnie as she sped away in her truck, following closely behind. The grandmother and twins quickly leaving now that the fenzy has gone.

The frazzled producer placed her hands on the counter and let out a heavy sigh, making sure there was no one else remaining other than her and the employees before continuing.

"Give me the nastiest shit you have for the bitch."

Gus broke into a hearty laugh, "Brad! Pack up that rancid ass IPA shit they sent us a few months back." Brad snicked as her packed up the tub with dry ice and set it on the counter. Dus slid it across with the most evil grin possible. "One tub of Brut IPA Beer Ice Cream, on the house."

DAMO666 has DIED! They were BRUT IPA.

Play Continues.

Day 2 has begun.

YOU MAY POST

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3060 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:05 pm

I was roleblocked.