M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#2821 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:51 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:46 pm
Wait what do you mean you were scum with him
Damo wasn't even playing in M1018, what do you mean?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#2822 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:52 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Jan 02, 1970 1:37 am
Oh sorry it was M1017
Ah. Corrected. I seee.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Bonatogether

#2823 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:38 pm
Question him to your hearts' contentment obviously, but please do not lose sight of the fact that Mr. Mechanical, Captain "Retracted Hardclaims Must Die" himself, claimed Cop with 7 minutes to go for the sole purpose of not being killed, and that we have twice in recent games seen mafia make this play.

And we didn't wait for a counterclaim in either game. We don't have to wait here. Nor should we.
This makes intuitive sense.

President Eden

#2824 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:00 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 pm
President Eden wrote:
Question him to your hearts' contentment obviously, but please do not lose sight of the fact that Mr. Mechanical, Captain "Retracted Hardclaims Must Die" himself, claimed Cop with 7 minutes to go for the sole purpose of not being killed, and that we have twice in recent games seen mafia make this play.

And we didn't wait for a counterclaim in either game. We don't have to wait here. Nor should we.
Only twice? I'd think every scum would always claim available PRs, as there is little downside to doing so once you're sure you're going down [which I guess is the kicker]

I'd like to add bozo claiming cop on M1018 to this pile of evidence
I just cited two examples off the top of my head from games I played recently. I’m sure there’s more and feel free to add them!

Also, I know y’all hate math and such, but consider how unlucky it is to have exactly the Cop on the block, even just on a random vote. Then consider that Chaqa is some percentage more likely than random to be mafia. The reason we let these claims go isn’t because they’re likely but because they tend to work themselves out in the normal course of play, with essentially nothing mafia can do about it.

Here there’s a real risk of the Cop getting nightkilled and a counterclaim never showing up due to no-flips. So while I think ghug’s stance that we wait a few days for one is fair, I also tend to think Chaqa is just mafia and we shouldn’t give his claim any special consideration like that. Certainly I would need an extremely compelling alternative target.

snowy801

#2825 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:01 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:00 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 pm
President Eden wrote:

Only twice? I'd think every scum would always claim available PRs, as there is little downside to doing so once you're sure you're going down [which I guess is the kicker]

I'd like to add bozo claiming cop on M1018 to this pile of evidence
I just cited two examples off the top of my head from games I played recently. I’m sure there’s more and feel free to add them!

Also, I know y’all hate math and such, but consider how unlucky it is to have exactly the Cop on the block, even just on a random vote. Then consider that Chaqa is some percentage more likely than random to be mafia. The reason we let these claims go isn’t because they’re likely but because they tend to work themselves out in the normal course of play, with essentially nothing mafia can do about it.

Here there’s a real risk of the Cop getting nightkilled and a counterclaim never showing up due to no-flips. So while I think ghug’s stance that we wait a few days for one is fair, I also tend to think Chaqa is just mafia and we shouldn’t give his claim any special consideration like that. Certainly I would need an extremely compelling alternative target.
I was thinking that, but then I also remember how unerringly I zoned in on PRs in past games. I didn't push Chaqa, but I presume this tendency is prevalent in others.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2826 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm

All I’m saying is we have now had people say:

“Active Chaqa is scum Chaqa”
“Active Chaqa is town Chaqa”
“Lurking Chaqa is scum Chaqa”
“Lurking Chaqa is town Chaqa”

Over the course of the last… three months or so

Apparently nuance is also a tell.

And not spelling out every exact detail on my ghug reads

Or changing reads

Or trying to live

Gee it’s almost like no one actually knows how to read me

Like I’ve been saying for months and months

Eden knows this and is either deliberately going against everything he ever tells me about how I play mafia or he is scum

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2827 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:12 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm

Or changing reads

Or trying to live

Eden knows this and is either deliberately going against everything he ever tells me about how I play mafia or he is scum
Again, if you're actually town, you spent the day trying to kill someone you thought was town and lying about why. You deserve to be scumread for that.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2828 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:12 pm

I put a ton of ducking effort into day 1 because I wanted to try to not get Day 1’d for once and yall try to do it again.

It’s gotten so old and it’s why I keep taking about quitting

I’m glad I have to take a hiatus after this one while I move because I’m done with it

snowy801

#2829 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Which do you think it is on balance?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2830 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:12 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Or changing reads

Or trying to live

Again, if you're actually town, you spent the day trying to kill someone you thought was town and lying about why. You deserve to be scumread for that.
Except that isn’t why people were scum reading me. That isn’t what got 10 of y’all to throw cautioun to the wind and try to vote out a top poster for the jasnah wagon when there were EIGHT OTHER PEOPLE also on ti.

Why was I the target? If you all hated the jasnah wagon that much why not vote any of the others on it? I mean, worcej got votes too, fair. But the entire lead up to and resins for voting me were the epitome of everything I hate about how people here play

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2831 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:13 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wish I knew. I can’t read Eden for shit

snowy801

#2832 Post by snowy801 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:18 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
One thing that strikes me about Eden this game is that he's being all pleasant and nice like. He was quite the obnoxious fuck in the last game I played with him (M68, town). Do you think this is a potential tell of his, based on your experience with him?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2833 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:19 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 pm
President Eden wrote:

This makes intuitive sense.
There is some better plays then insta killing Chaqa. Not sure I want to discuss this during night.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2834 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:20 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:18 pm
Chaqa wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

One thing that strikes me about Eden this game is that he's being all pleasant and nice like. He was quite the obnoxious fuck in the last game I played with him (M68, town). Do you think this is a potential tell of his, based on your experience with him?
I would not characterize him as being pleasant this game, but maybe because he’s got a giant stick up his ass telling him I’m mafia

President Eden

#2835 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:23 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

Lol that was just you, to my recollection, and I did have some... confounding factors, you could say, that have since been eliminated. Chaqa can vouch that I have been a lot more "pleasant and nice like" for the last 2-3 weeks across the board.

@Chaq - very little of that addresses the core complaints, and none of it addresses the most important issue, which is your fakeclaim. If we cloned you this game and made the clone town, it would be screaming from the heavens about how we have to vote you out for the fakeclaim.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2836 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:25 pm

Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Or changing reads

Or trying to live

Except that isn’t why people were scum reading me. That isn’t what got 10 of y’all to throw cautioun to the wind and try to vote out a top poster for the jasnah wagon when there were EIGHT OTHER PEOPLE also on ti.

Why was I the target? If you all hated the jasnah wagon that much why not vote any of the others on it? I mean, worcej got votes too, fair. But the entire lead up to and resins for voting me were the epitome of everything I hate about how people here play
No, I was voting you because your insistence on the jasnah wagon felt shallow and disingenuous, which it was.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2837 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Or changing reads

Or trying to live

I voted you because you want to waste two days killing Jasnah and Bunny and when I called you about it you said another thing. I know bad play isn't always scumplay and that's why I didn't scumread Jamiet that much on it. But trying to look like you didn't say what you actually said is scummy.

And you can be really towny and not get killed, like last mini game where you were alive at kilo and we won and I voted you for MVP so I really don't buy this "people always scum read me without a reason" you are pushing.

President Eden

#2838 Post by President Eden » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:27 pm

And actually, to further add to that, I haven't rolled mafia since a minigame in spring 2018 when Ezio was my partner and we did some fun shit. My town game has changed a lot just since my return to playing this year. I have no idea if I would be this way as mafia or how I would act. And I don't think Among Us translates very well because I mostly get caught on cadence, tonal issues, and facts in the game rather than behavioral tells that would show up in writing. So maybe I would be all pleasant and nice like as mafia, idk :lol:

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2839 Post by Chaqa » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:29 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:23 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Lol that was just you, to my recollection, and I did have some... confounding factors, you could say, that have since been eliminated. Chaqa can vouch that I have been a lot more "pleasant and nice like" for the last 2-3 weeks across the board.

@Chaq - very little of that addresses the core complaints, and none of it addresses the most important issue, which is your fakeclaim. If we cloned you this game and made the clone town, it would be screaming from the heavens about how we have to vote you out for the fakeclaim.
All of that is about everything leading up to the claim.

Not anything since.

I should not have been in that position to begin with

Bonatogether

#2840 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:31 pm

I'm playing VDL and the conversation has turned to stellaris 8-)