M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#1881 Post by Fluminator » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:03 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:01 pm
I'm also shocked how much I'm agreeing with bozo's take on things. I feel like I should be concerned about this.
What about his take on why ever the fuck he's voting you
I think that was a joke. It made me laugh at least.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1882 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:57 pm
With regards to this game, there are never super good reasons to scumread someone in the early game. You just throw votes and see what sticks and who starts squirming under random pressure. I didn't fully expect you to be the one to constantly question an early day 1 vote either which is another reason you haven't been bleeding town juice.
Damo is failing the squirm test though.
Durga is an example of a townie reaction to pressure.

And this Jasnah/Bunnygo thing is really annoying because it's hard to put real pressure on anyone outside of those two right now.
Like what is this argument about throwing random votes to see what sticks? The only votes he's made are for himself, and the only scumread he gave was damo until I voted for him.

I have no idea why he thinks I bleed town juice when I'm town if he thinks me questioning his damo read when mine was the opposite isn't me being town.

BunnyGo

#1883 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:39 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:21 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:15 pm

It's two-fold:

1) I don't like having teammates make life hard for the team. This game is hard enough.

2) I *do* think Jasnah is capable of this play as scum.

3) I think that resolving this sooner is better than later.
I just feel like you're saying she's town but she should die anyway because she did something you didn't like.
While point 1 is important, point 2 and 3 are more critical. 2 says there's a good chance Jasnah is a baddie, and 3 says we have to deal with a player in the game who has a good chance of being a baddie. While I get that people are saying they think this is a town play, the fact remains that day 2 or 3 when we could talk about night time plays, instead Mafia could push the conversation back to Miller. (and it remains a solid thing for a townie to push for, if they haven't come up with any other solid scum reads)
Doom says it for me. Differently phrased than I would, but accurately.

Fluminator

#1884 Post by Fluminator » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:10 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:05 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:03 pm

Why does Flum look better?
He's giving substantive serious answers. Do you actually think he's scummy? Did you answer his thing about you always voting him as scum
I think he's giving serious answers because he's an actual wagon but he's still not doing what I expected him to do as town, so yeah I think it's scummy.

I dislike how he's omgusing me. And I don't really think he believes I push him like this when I'm scum because the first time I helped miskill him I just broke a tie and chose him without actually 'scumreading' him, and the second it was after he was already scumreading me.
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:08 pm
kgary how come I haven't seen the town juice from you yet.
I've been watching you awhile now.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1885 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:16 pm

Seriously Durga, what happened to being okay with the Flum wagon until he gives more reads? The only new read he's given since then has been a scumread of me.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1886 Post by Chaqa » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:17 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:11 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:56 pm
My issue is that as this is a no-flip game, we will never know if Bunny is Miller if/when he dies. Likewise for jasnah. If we flip jasnah, at some point the JOAT can autopsy or the Oracle can reveal, and then we will get two people's roles/alignments for one, basically.

If jasnah comes up as Miller -> Bunny is scum
If jasnah comes up as scum -> Bunny is Miller
If jasnah comes up as town -> Bunny is Miller

See the value?

Additionally, two hardclaims cannot exist independently. This is a big issue for me and I'm surprised others aren't making a big deal out of it. Egos, mostly.

It's possible jasnah is town doing this, but I can't see any reason for town!jasnah to fake hardclaim Miller and I can't see any reason for scum!Bunny or nonMillerTown!Bunnyt to counterclaim.

This means Bunny must be Miller and jasnah is probably scum, to me at least.
Agreeing to this, and also saying we right now have a problem with cop scans too with leaving Jasnah alive.
Cop scans Jasnah->Evil->Miller OR Goon
Cop Scans Jasnah->Good->Godfather OR Vanilla

Leaving open on if anyone should scan and then claim day 2 (I think no, but who knows?).
Cop and JOAT should probably not waste a scan on those two as both are claiming Miller.

Doom427

#1887 Post by Doom427 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:19 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:17 pm

Cop and JOAT should probably not waste a scan on those two as both are claiming Miller.
Oh, hard agree there-I more meant that no cop scan there will ever be helpful at this point, so we can get no information from a living Jasnah or Bunnygo. A dead one of either, though, Could tell us something depending on PR plays.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1888 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:14 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:12 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:46 pm

Oh, that's a good idea. That lets the Oracle lock onto someone else.

I support this plan.
This is not a good idea. We waste two days killing two players that are likely town.

I am pretty sure Bunny is the Miller. I think fake claiming as town is usually a bad choice (unless you are TomB), but I can't see a reason for scum Jasnah claim that way (the powerwolf theory isn't likely).

This said, I am skipping half of the posts so my reads suck big time at this point.
The plan is not to kill them both.

The plan is to kill jasnah, the 90%+ likely fake one, and then let the JOAT autopsy her to find out what she was. Bunny would not die in this case.
The post you were answering was Jamiet asking Bunny if he objects being killed tomorrow if the JOAT didn´t agree to autopsy Jasnah. And we can´t know if Joat will agree or not as he won´t claim this early, so in fact Jamiet was advocating for a Bunny kill next day, which is a bad idea.

Durga

#1889 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:20 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:16 pm
Seriously Durga, what happened to being okay with the Flum wagon until he gives more reads? The only new read he's given since then has been a scumread of me.
? Do I seem not okay to you?

lfischl

#1890 Post by lfischl » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
My issue is that as this is a no-flip game, we will never know if Bunny is Miller if/when he dies. Likewise for jasnah. If we flip jasnah, at some point the JOAT can autopsy or the Oracle can reveal, and then we will get two people's roles/alignments for one, basically.

See the value?

Additionally, two hardclaims cannot exist independently. This is a big issue for me and I'm surprised others aren't making a big deal out of it. Egos, mostly.

It's possible jasnah is town doing this, but I can't see any reason for town!jasnah to fake hardclaim Miller and I can't see any reason for scum!Bunny or nonMillerTown!Bunnyt to counterclaim.

Agreeing to this, and also saying we right now have a problem with cop scans too with leaving Jasnah alive.

Leaving open on if anyone should scan and then claim day 2 (I think no, but who knows?).
If we kill one of jasnah or bunny we should scan the death.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1891 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:20 pm
kgray wrote:
You said he looks better after indicating you wanted him to post more reads. He's given one more read (which he's conveniently pointed out isn't that new).

I just want to know why you think he looks better when he hasn't done the thing you were hoping he'd do under pressure.

lfischl

#1892 Post by lfischl » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 pm

lfischl wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

See the value?

If we kill one of jasnah or bunny we should scan the death.

i'd say we don't claim until D3 or EON2

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1893 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:23 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:11 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:52 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:47 pm

Oh come on, read her posts this is getting boring.
She hardclaimed miller. She can't back out of that and you can't try to spin it in any way. Her vague quasi-retraction doesn't mean shit to me.
I've begun to observe that no one really respects hard claims anymore.
I respect a hardclaim when it´s done under pressure or with other relevant information (like who you targetted or something like that). But a Miller hard claim on middle of D1 isn´t exactly a claim that should be taken that seriously.

Durga

#1894 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:23 pm

kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:
kgray wrote:
You said he looks better after indicating you wanted him to post more reads. He's given one more read (which he's conveniently pointed out isn't that new).

I just want to know why you think he looks better when he hasn't done the thing you were hoping he'd do under pressure.
He's answering seriously instead of trolling everyone into voting him, he does look better. Not a really high bar I guess

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1895 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:24 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:23 pm
kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:

He's answering seriously instead of trolling everyone into voting him, he does look better. Not a really high bar I guess
You know him better than I do. Do you think my meta on him is wrong?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1896 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:25 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:21 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:15 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:02 pm
@Bunny you are voting for jasnah because you feel like your role requires you too?
It's two-fold:

1) I don't like having teammates make life hard for the team. This game is hard enough.

2) I *do* think Jasnah is capable of this play as scum.

3) I think that resolving this sooner is better than later.
I just feel like you're saying she's town but she should die anyway because she did something you didn't like.
Considering Jasnah said more or less the same thing about Bunny this isn´t so unexpected, is it?

Durga

#1897 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:26 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:24 pm
Durga wrote:
kgray wrote:

Which meta?

Durga

#1898 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm liking rdr as he's posting

BesharamSabi

#1899 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:28 pm

At this point jasnah lack of effort in this game is kinda disappointing. At this point I am leaning towards voting for her solely so we could all move on.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1900 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:29 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:26 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:24 pm
Durga wrote:

Which meta?
That normally as town he freely calls out people he thinks are scummy D1 and generally gives a lot more reads than a random unexplained tunnel on damo and whatever this omgus is on me.