M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#721 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:08 pm
Can we hammer yeet Jamie before he even has a chance to post? 8-)
Where is buddy ole pal anyway?

snowy801

#722 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:28 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:52 pm
I mean, does this mean I now need to start quoting the differences in how you respond to that as town and scum?
Why not? Go for it

BesharamSabi

#723 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:30 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:57 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:40 pm

What part of BesharamSabi's statement were you saying was not true?
The exact thing they said, that they’ve never seen me be this buddy buddy with bona.
So you are saying BesharamSabi has seen this before, despite their statement? Did you take this as BesharamSabi suggesting you might be pocketing Bonatogether?
It was just a harmless joke. Please don't read into it. I don't think that (at the moment).

Durga

#724 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:33 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:24 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:18 pm
Bunny is scum
Ouch; that hurts my heart. Can we not noun-ify people? Someone isn’t scum; they’re a person assigned a mafia role.

But to your other point…<insert nothing response to nothing accusation >
Oh shoot you're probably right flum

snowy801

#725 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:33 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 pm
I'm just gonna put my vote in. Without any actual information, it's pretty impossible for me to bother scum-reading. (plus, all the mafia people know who's town, and I'm thinking it's pretty easy for them to railroad a towny, and none of us would even know).

## no vote

I do have a question-Why is it when people do role claim, they do so somewhat ambiguously? Are we just hoping people don't notice? Seems like that hurts town more than helps them, b/c only one mafia person has to notice that, and can share with rest of Mafia, but any town people who don't notice just don't know
People think they're clever.

On your first post, why do you think there is no actual information, and also that you can't be bothered to scum-read? Would you argue that this is equally true in a game with reveals, and would advocate D1 no votes selfsame? Or would you say this approached was influenced by talk of no kills in this game specifically?

snowy801

#726 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:41 pm

Flum, I don't think you ever answered why you think damo would be a good kill today.

Vecna

#727 Post by Vecna » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 pm

M1018: Town Chaqa. Gets tunneled by Vecna. Responses: Suspicion, scumreads, votes, attempts to kill me. (viewtopic.php?p=254779#p254779 - among others)

M67: Town Chaqa. Doesnt respond to anyone's suspicion all day 1, but nothing too strong was levelled. Dies in a D1 flashwagon.

M66: Scum Chaqa. Tries to win arguments with bot-links and quoting people their words back at them (viewtopic.php?p=234668#p234668). I scumread him heavily throughout N1. He responds with similar statements he's making now that I "always have it out for him, and that everything he does is suspicious . then he nk's me. (viewtopic.php?p=234752#p234752)

M65: TOWN Chaqa: I scumread him D1. He instantly calls me scum again. And votes me. (viewtopic.php?p=226479#p226479). He again died D1 btw.

M63: Town Chaqa. He never died this game. I only very rarely scumread him at some points. He scumreads me back at some points. He never attacks me over bad reads. Cant really scumread me for long since I was Rb'd and killed early.

M62: Scum Chaqa. Im scumreading him for significant portions of the game. Townreads me again in response. ("Vecna - Not actually feeling scum!Vecna yet. The more he comes at me the more likely town he is. Scum!Vecna likes to buddy me" viewtopic.php?p=195153#p195153 )

M61: Scum Chaqa. I scumread him starting his very first post, and keep doing so untill he NKs me N4. He never scumreads me back, but ignores my read mostly, sometimes bringing up how he never plays towny anyway (viewtopic.php?p=186598#p186598) - He continues to hard hard townread me throughout the game.

M60: Doctor Chaqa. No scumreads between the two of us of eachother

M58: Scum Chaqa. This hilarious moment happens where I call the entire scumteam the exact same player (viewtopic.php?p=168327#p168327). We also flash wagon him because his date cancels on him. No usefull information, too long ago, but too funny not to link.

M57: TOWN Chaqa. Now, this is the magnus opus of this case. Hold your hats. After this, Chaqa is totally going to get daykilled: viewtopic.php?p=161341#p161341

TOWN CHAQA PARTICIPATES IN CATS VS DOGS ARGUMENTS.

BOOM. MIC DROP.

damo666

#728 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:47 pm

##vote Chaqa

Vecna

#729 Post by Vecna » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Other notes/take aways from the above: Town Chaqa getting scumread or tunneled by me has responded with a lot of suspicion, trying to get me counter-killed.

Scum Chaqa always ignores me. Townreads me, and pushes for my NK, knowing people will ignore me anyway.

Also, historically im pretty accurate in reading him, so him responding with one game example where I was wrong (while he was scumreading me as well), feels a bit of a copout. Also, he's not suspicious whatsoever im tunneling him as scum for an easy misskill. He's only responding with "I cannot read him".

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#730 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:09 pm
Perhaps we should discuss who should claim and when.

With 5 PRs v 4 scum scum cannot afford to CC so claims will be quasi-clear.

I suggest miller and doc claim EON1. Hopefully scum kill a vt N1 this would give cop 3 scans and Jack 3 uses since presumably scum would kill the 2 claimants N2 and N3.

Oracle could read the N1 kill and declare EON3 giving the cop another scan and Jack could autopsy the doc claimant.

Jack and cop then reveal all their info EON4.

A more conservative option would be for doc and miller to claim now and bring everything as above forward a night.
I hate hate hate this post.

I do think the Miller should claim ASAP, but not EoN1. Sooner.

The other roles can inform their decisions around the Miller.

The Cop and potentially the JOAT will be scanning tonight, and if the Miller waits til EoN, there's a chance they waste a scan on the Miller, which I don't think we want

Additionally, if the Doc claims, they are neutralized permanently, whereas if the Miller claims, it provides a clear place for the Doc to protect on Night 1, or try to fake-out the mafia for a N2 save.

Damo being sus.

Vecna

#731 Post by Vecna » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:52 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:12 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:28 am
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:09 am
I think we should no kill.
Lets make a list of people who want a daykill, and ones who don't.
But only people who want a daykill are allowed to be voted for this round.

No Daykill (immune from the vote): Fluminator, Bozo
Daykill: Ghug
"I was just trying to do a gimmick to see which people are scared to put themselves up for a potential daykill. I really thought all scum would totally be in favor of no kill to evade the daykill!"
My gimmicks are always a few layers deeper than that my dear Vecna
thats just what u want us to think ;)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#732 Post by Chaqa » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:52 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:48 pm
Other notes/take aways from the above: Town Chaqa getting scumread or tunneled by me has responded with a lot of suspicion, trying to get me counter-killed.

Scum Chaqa always ignores me. Townreads me, and pushes for my NK, knowing people will ignore me anyway.

Also, historically im pretty accurate in reading him, so him responding with one game example where I was wrong (while he was scumreading me as well), feels a bit of a copout. Also, he's not suspicious whatsoever im tunneling him as scum for an easy misskill. He's only responding with "I cannot read him".
Well, I'm not ignoring you, and I'm also not townreading you, so your data is clearly incomplete.

Vecna

#733 Post by Vecna » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:54 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:26 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:34 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:06 am
So we're building up to the part where we yeet out the old first right?
stop age-shaming, wtf
Stop being old, wtf

How did nobody mention a factional roleblock until now with all this chitter about no killing

Hammers are bad. Take not away my god given right to flash people
Well, its nowhere to be found in the setup, except for under a section of the dead-people-oracle thingy.

The council should be proofreading these things, like, what are those chumps even doing all day long

snowy801

#734 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:54 pm

Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:

I suggest miller and doc claim EON1. Hopefully scum kill a vt N1 this would give cop 3 scans and Jack 3 uses since presumably scum would kill the 2 claimants N2 and N3.

Oracle could read the N1 kill and declare EON3 giving the cop another scan and Jack could autopsy the doc claimant.

A more conservative option would be for doc and miller to claim now and bring everything as above forward a night.

When sooner? The window of time for that is pretty slight and I haven't seen you push for it yet. Why is that?

Doom427

#735 Post by Doom427 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:55 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:33 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 pm
I'm just gonna put my vote in. Without any actual information, it's pretty impossible for me to bother scum-reading. (plus, all the mafia people know who's town, and I'm thinking it's pretty easy for them to railroad a towny, and none of us would even know).

## no vote

I do have a question-Why is it when people do role claim, they do so somewhat ambiguously? Are we just hoping people don't notice? Seems like that hurts town more than helps them, b/c only one mafia person has to notice that, and can share with rest of Mafia, but any town people who don't notice just don't know
People think they're clever.

On your first post, why do you think there is no actual information, and also that you can't be bothered to scum-read? Would you argue that this is equally true in a game with reveals, and would advocate D1 no votes selfsame? Or would you say this approached was influenced by talk of no kills in this game specifically?
Well, I don't think I have any actual information, cause I've never played this game at all, and also have never played with any of y'all. And a solid half of the discussion resolves around people's past gameplay. When I wasn't involved with those games, I can't really comment on their play, unless I try to read through ~200 page archives in addition with keeping up with this thread.

If I don't know anything about the meta, I can only think through mechanics, and Mechanics wise everything falls into a WIFOM situation until power roles start using and claiming. Mafia are gonna get their night kills, which also gives us actual information to use. I guess cop does get a free read, so we're not totally blind? But trying to guess which of us is cop, and then which person cop got a free read on? I dunno. Right now the only thing that's super legible to me is people memeing on each other, and that doesn't really lend itself to a good chance of catching a Mafia vs. Town.

snowy801

#736 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:54 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:26 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:34 am

stop age-shaming, wtf
Stop being old, wtf

How did nobody mention a factional roleblock until now with all this chitter about no killing

Hammers are bad. Take not away my god given right to flash people
Well, its nowhere to be found in the setup, except for under a section of the dead-people-oracle thingy.

The council should be proofreading these things, like, what are those chumps even doing all day long
Sigh you people actually going to make me read the setup smh

damo666

#737 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:

The Cop and potentially the JOAT will be scanning tonight, and if the Miller waits til EoN, there's a chance they waste a scan on the Miller, which I don't think we want

Additionally, if the Doc claims, they are neutralized permanently, whereas if the Miller claims, it provides a clear place for the Doc to protect on Night 1, or try to fake-out the mafia for a N2 save.

Damo being sus.
I'm not averse to miller claiming D1.

Maybe doc can wait as they would be useful after claims. Oracle could claim with a reveal. Jack can claim EONx where x is the night they use third power. Cop is the most valuable PR and preserving them and getting max info from them should be #1 priority.

Vecna

#738 Post by Vecna » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:52 pm
Vecna wrote:

Well, I'm not ignoring you, and I'm also not townreading you, so your data is clearly incomplete.
The point is that you did not respond with suspicion, but with an attempt to prove my inaccuracy.

worcej

#739 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:43 pm
im actually surprised the usual suspects havent talked about a massclaim yet.

It might be boring as fuck (and im not advocating it whatsoever), but this is actually the very best type of setup to massclaim, to completely take away the possibility for mafia to fakeclaim down the line and get a guaranteed victory by lucking out on killing a PR and then claiming it later, along with some false results. It takes away the horrendous scenario where we have a cop vs cop claimfiesta, along with results, and we have no idea of knowing which results are real and which are fake. It takes away the EoD fakeclaim-save on a scum thats about to get killed. And it reduces every VT's odds of finding scum to 4/15.

Having said all that, fuck you, we aint doing it, because boring and all. But its sort of telling that certain people have not even thought of this line of logic, and done their usual thing of superior reasoning and poor convincing.
I'm more shocked that everyone is trying to approach this game with the same logic they utilize in our standard games.

Locking this in now: this game is going to boil down to a popularity contest and town is going to lose.

Doom427

#740 Post by Doom427 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:58 pm

If we get info on a death, sure, let's chat and see where people are, and kill someone and find out if they are town or Mafia. With no info at all? Killing someone gives the oracle something to feel useful, but I don't think that's worth it. With no reveal, I don't think it's worth the majority of cases where two townies die, and we don't have any info at all out of one of those deaths.