M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#481 Post by ghug » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:13 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:11 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 am

Most likely.
You're not allowed to tell me you told me so when we inevitably lose, because that's going to happen regardless.
TBF - the only recent ‘I told you’ I have was when I pegged kgray as scum in the last game I played with her.
And we all know why that happened.

BesharamSabi

#482 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:14 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:58 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:56 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:21 am

Why do you feel the game has yet to progress to a more serious stage? Based on this and below, which was p17

I feel like it's not a safe place for me to get to know people and feel people out :/

Im sorry :/
the game can be a shitpost meme whenever you want it to be

Don't let the flame die out!

worcej

#483 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:14 am

Durga wrote:
I can't understand why some people bother making the same ridiculous suggestion d1 of every game. Guess what, mafia don't get killed unless we do it. They're certainly not dying at night, and we're not waiting 5 game phases for some cop who may or may not be dead to tell us what to do for "information"
This frustration makes sense when you at least get information from the flip. In this game, we learn nothing. PRs are inherently more valuable because the whole ‘at least we learn something from any flip’ is gone.

If I wanted to just play a ‘let’s randomly kill someone and learn nothing’ game, I would play Russian Roulette.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#484 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:14 am

worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:
ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 am

Most likely.
You're not allowed to tell me you told me so when we inevitably lose, because that's going to happen regardless.
TBF - the only recent ‘I told you’ I have was when I pegged kgray as scum in the last game I played with her.
Are you referring to the game where you sat and watched me lead your miskill and then used your dying breath to declare that pissing me off had allowed you to determine I was town? And then claimed that we only won because we played poorly?

That game?

BesharamSabi

#485 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:14 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:14 am
Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:56 am

I feel like it's not a safe place for me to get to know people and feel people out :/

Im sorry :/

Doesn't feel safe place for me to feel people out with questions or what not. Just want to get a feel. I'm new. I dunno most of you. Feels weird now

worcej

#486 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:15 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:13 am
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:

Do we? Please tell me explicitly why that happened.

snowy801

#487 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:15 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

Doesn't feel safe place for me to feel people out with questions or what not. Just want to get a feel. I'm new. I dunno most of you. Feels weird now
Safety is an illusion
Attack is the best form of defense. Kill or be killed

snowy801

#488 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:16 am

Also worcej is being absolutely slammed this is pretty hilarious

President Eden

#489 Post by President Eden » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:16 am

Durga wrote:
I can't understand why some people bother making the same ridiculous suggestion d1 of every game. Guess what, mafia don't get killed unless we do it. They're certainly not dying at night, and we're not waiting 5 game phases for some cop who may or may not be dead to tell us what to do for "information"
You're obviously free to disagree with the end conclusion, but it's simply a fact that the value of d1 killing goes down when you don't get a flip. This setup is a lot closer to something like Among Us (where voting someone out is situational and contextual) than normal mafia (where you shoot every time barring some specific mechanical interaction). If I felt like the game wouldn't bog down into apathy from lack of kills then I would be firmly in the no-kill camp for day 1 and possibly later on.

bozotheclown

#490 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:16 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:06 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:59 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:34 am

Shrug
I think waiting for PRs to deliver salvation is a weakness that needs to be burned out

Also that's what the doc is for

Honestly I see some people are concerned about the whole no flip business but as far as I can see this is a pretty easy setup, probably because of the above reason

Vote out d1, cc eon1, and carry on as usual. Should cover all stated concerns I've so far seen
I think a good reason for a no-kill D1 is to make sure we do not accidentally force a PR to reveal. Usually the loss of information is enough to counter that, but with the no reveal I do not think that is the case here.
You want to play this game or do you want the PRs to play this game while the rest of us do nothing?
I think the PRs are important in this game, so I am OK waiting until D2 to vote to give the PRs the best chance of staying hidden, although I do not think we have to "do nothing".

worcej

#491 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:17 am

kgray wrote:
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:

Are you referring to the game where you sat and watched me lead your miskill and then used your dying breath to declare that pissing me off had allowed you to determine I was town? And then claimed that we only won because we played poorly?

That game?
Yeah, but you’re excluding the part where I was onto you and several people decided to tell me to back off from my case because I was being ‘mean’ by pointing out it was incredibly scummy how you couldn’t take a compliment about being good town and you were deflecting constantly.

And then everyone proceeded to town you until we lost.

TheFlyingBoat

#492 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:17 am

worcej wrote:
Durga wrote:
This frustration makes sense when you at least get information from the flip. In this game, we learn nothing. PRs are inherently more valuable because the whole ‘at least we learn something from any flip’ is gone.

If I wanted to just play a ‘let’s randomly kill someone and learn nothing’ game, I would play Russian Roulette.
It is what we have the oracle of the dead for.

Durga

#493 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:18 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:16 am
Durga wrote:
You're obviously free to disagree with the end conclusion, but it's simply a fact that the value of d1 killing goes down when you don't get a flip. This setup is a lot closer to something like Among Us (where voting someone out is situational and contextual) than normal mafia (where you shoot every time barring some specific mechanical interaction). If I felt like the game wouldn't bog down into apathy from lack of kills then I would be firmly in the no-kill camp for day 1 and possibly later on.
I guess scum will kill themselves then eh. Or are we giving them a few chances at killing our obv towns first for fun?

You're assuming we're going to get info somehow and that's not really a good assumption. Our best chance of winning is and will always be day killing the scummiest candidate.

That's all I'll say on this.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#494 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:19 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:15 am
ghug wrote:
worcej wrote:
Pretty sure this is what happened:
worcej wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:59 pm
Purposely 'stayed away' this EOD to watch how the votes fell on me. Interesting experiment to say the least.

I am pretty sure kgray isn't mafia since I'd be an easier miskill later. I believe she's town or 3P. She's just emotionally tunneling because she's upset at me and needs me gone to stop clouding her, which is one of her weaknesses.

ghug is opportunistic, but also on par. I don't think he'd need much of a push to kill me in any game where we are not scum together. But his sudden attempt to not make me the kill sticks out as scum trying to save my MK for later. Null overall, was towning until his later move to Bona.

BB is BB - his reads are all over and that's almost always a blanket. His forgetting I am on GYs doesn't come off as natural to me since my 'away time' has been consistent these past several days. Scum points to him.

HB isn't putting any real effort. His 'gut reads' are trash and I think he's trying to coast this out awhile longer. The lack of conviction this early makes me feel he is distancing intentionally to not get caught like he has in the past. Scum points for him.

Maniac is doing the same thing as HB. Of the two, I think HB is more likely scum but also Maniac isn't trying very hard either. Null.

I still think damo isn't normal so he's in my scum/3P pool too. He isn't being 'organic' in my eyes, but this could be RL influenced more than anything.

In the great words of kgray and ghug, "worcej is bad". But ya'll need to learn my VT game better.

**loads gun, points at head, pulls trigger**
##vote worcej

Hopefully this doesn't cause a tie! :lol: :lol: :lol:
worcej wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 am
kgray wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 am
Anyway, I think it's kind of ridiculous to say scum played poorly and town just played worse. The only reason any scum died at all was because *we* bused him (again, sorry Demon) so obviously we did something right.

Maybe that's my ego talking, but whatever. I had fun. And thanks GMs.
Scum, as a team, had an objectively poor game. Celaph and Macca did not play well and should've been dead to rights but town were terrible and let it slide. You did not need to bus Demon on D1, who was arguably your most important role, and yet you guys did.

You did win, which is the ultimate goal, but you did so in an objectively poorly manner.

worcej

#495 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:19 am

snowy801 wrote:
Eh, I expected it from ghug, Kgray, and Durga. There’s meta to back it up lol

But what is important to note: this is one of the few times I 100% agree with Bozo.

snowy801

#496 Post by snowy801 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:19 am

President Eden wrote:
Durga wrote:
For all that I heard this a dozen times before it's still somewhat shocking to hear this. You guys have been playing mafia for how many years, and you don't trust yourselves to find 4 scum in what... at least 7 chances + however more we get correct?

This is within our capacity. Trust in your reads, and PRs will supplement our knowledge not be its entire.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#497 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:20 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:17 am
kgray wrote:
worcej wrote:

That game?
Yeah, but you’re excluding the part where I was onto you and several people decided to tell me to back off from my case because I was being ‘mean’ by pointing out it was incredibly scummy how you couldn’t take a compliment about being good town and you were deflecting constantly.

And then everyone proceeded to town you until we lost.
This is the most revisionist take I've ever read :lol:

Durga

#498 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:21 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:19 am
snowy801 wrote:
Eh, I expected it from ghug, Kgray, and Durga. There’s meta to back it up lol

But what is important to note: this is one of the few times I 100% agree with Bozo.
I haven't said anything to you? Leave me out of it.

worcej

#499 Post by worcej » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:21 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:19 am
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:

Pretty sure this is what happened:
worcej wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:59 pm
Purposely 'stayed away' this EOD to watch how the votes fell on me. Interesting experiment to say the least.

I am pretty sure kgray isn't mafia since I'd be an easier miskill later. I believe she's town or 3P. She's just emotionally tunneling because she's upset at me and needs me gone to stop clouding her, which is one of her weaknesses.

ghug is opportunistic, but also on par. I don't think he'd need much of a push to kill me in any game where we are not scum together. But his sudden attempt to not make me the kill sticks out as scum trying to save my MK for later. Null overall, was towning until his later move to Bona.

BB is BB - his reads are all over and that's almost always a blanket. His forgetting I am on GYs doesn't come off as natural to me since my 'away time' has been consistent these past several days. Scum points to him.

HB isn't putting any real effort. His 'gut reads' are trash and I think he's trying to coast this out awhile longer. The lack of conviction this early makes me feel he is distancing intentionally to not get caught like he has in the past. Scum points for him.

Maniac is doing the same thing as HB. Of the two, I think HB is more likely scum but also Maniac isn't trying very hard either. Null.

I still think damo isn't normal so he's in my scum/3P pool too. He isn't being 'organic' in my eyes, but this could be RL influenced more than anything.

In the great words of kgray and ghug, "worcej is bad". But ya'll need to learn my VT game better.

**loads gun, points at head, pulls trigger**
##vote worcej

Hopefully this doesn't cause a tie! :lol: :lol: :lol:
worcej wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 am
kgray wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 am
Anyway, I think it's kind of ridiculous to say scum played poorly and town just played worse. The only reason any scum died at all was because *we* bused him (again, sorry Demon) so obviously we did something right.

Maybe that's my ego talking, but whatever. I had fun. And thanks GMs.
Scum, as a team, had an objectively poor game. Celaph and Macca did not play well and should've been dead to rights but town were terrible and let it slide. You did not need to bus Demon on D1, who was arguably your most important role, and yet you guys did.

You did win, which is the ultimate goal, but you did so in an objectively poorly manner.
What value are you gaining by dragging this up now? I was pretty sour that I was told to stop pushing a case because I was mean when I was actually right the entire time.

Also - stop answering ghug’s questions for him.

BesharamSabi

#500 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:21 am

snowy801 wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Safety is an illusion
Attack is the best form of defense. Kill or be killed
I'm aware. I just want to see how people are so I can get their vibe. That's all. Sorry if it wasn't serious business enough for you