Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#1701 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:47 am

I'm 100% vanilla town guaranteed (TM)

BobMcBob

#1702 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:49 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:47 am
I'm 100% vanilla town guaranteed (TM)
that makes two of you

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1703 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:55 am

My issue is I do townread everyone to some extent as well.

I think pair analysis is the way to go.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1704 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:06 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:55 am

Yeah, this is where I've been for about two days

I came away from EoD thinking you/Bob wasn't very likely anymore, which means that your only plausible teammate is Maniac, so there's no reason to kill you tomorrow.

BobMcBob

#1705 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:09 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:06 am
Chaqa wrote:

I came away from EoD thinking you/Bob wasn't very likely anymore, which means that your only plausible teammate is Maniac, so there's no reason to kill you tomorrow.
huh funny, thats like exactly what i said earlier too and you completely ignored it

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1706 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:44 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:09 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:06 am
Chaqa wrote:

huh funny, thats like exactly what i said earlier too and you completely ignored it
When did you say that?

BobMcBob

#1707 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 am

here
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:00 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:38 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:32 am

sure thing ghug, you can play mafia however you want
isos are just another tool that we can use

your d1 voting was bad
your reaction to jamie subbing out was bad
i mean really thats about everything that was actively bad, but thats still relevant
Everyone else thinks Jamie was scum now, and I don't, so I don't think you can really use my reaction there as a point against me. Jamie had a similarly pathetic outburst as scum last game against town kgray, so automatically townreading him for being emotional is silly.

I can see why a lazy, shallow analysis of D1 says my vote was bad, but that shouldn't be the analysis you're using, and even if you are, there are other people whose votes were bad.
like i said, everybody else has good bits, you dont really

that said, im not even sure individual scumminess is a good metric to vote by tomorrow
given that basically everyone is towny i dont feel confident just basing my reads off scumminess, especially at lilo
it seems like a great way for scum to take control of voting super easily and just get a miskill, especially by just pushing whichever of chaqa/ghug is not on the team (or either if neither of them are)

so i really wanna try to look more seriously at interactions and see what we can gain from that

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1708 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:18 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 am
here
BobMcBob wrote:
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:38 am

Everyone else thinks Jamie was scum now, and I don't, so I don't think you can really use my reaction there as a point against me. Jamie had a similarly pathetic outburst as scum last game against town kgray, so automatically townreading him for being emotional is silly.

I can see why a lazy, shallow analysis of D1 says my vote was bad, but that shouldn't be the analysis you're using, and even if you are, there are other people whose votes were bad.

that said, im not even sure individual scumminess is a good metric to vote by tomorrow
given that basically everyone is towny i dont feel confident just basing my reads off scumminess, especially at lilo
it seems like a great way for scum to take control of voting super easily and just get a miskill, especially by just pushing whichever of chaqa/ghug is not on the team (or either if neither of them are)

so i really wanna try to look more seriously at interactions and see what we can gain from that
Oh, that you townread everyone? I'm not impressed by that. You've got one read and it's wrong.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1709 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:23 am

Hi Jamiet99uk

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1710 Post by Maniac » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:00 am

Can I ask those who think they might be night-killed to share their views at EON. Sharing them too soon only helps scum.

Those who remain tomorrow will need to look afresh at everything. We are now really up against it and can’t afford for town to be splitting their votes.

BobMcBob

#1711 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:01 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:18 am
BobMcBob wrote:
here
BobMcBob wrote:

Oh, that you townread everyone? I'm not impressed by that. You've got one read and it's wrong.
fun fact, chaqa has no reads
this game is a horrible mess and scum are doing super well
its going to take a lot to find them
i dont feel at all good about you responding so differently to me than you do to chaqa when we are both in very much the same place

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1712 Post by Maniac » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:22 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:17 am
But more generally, if Chaqa and I both end up being town, I don't want any of y'all feeling absolved of guilt because the scum "played well". You've all created a situation where there's no hunting and very little AI voting because everyone's stuck in the same tunnel. The easiest way to win as scum is to stoke that shit and keep it going as long as possible (which is why we should kill Maniac tomorrow, not that I'll ever convince any of you of that).
So you’ve decided not to kill me tonight then and push my kill tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1713 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:06 am

ghug wrote:
But more generally, if Chaqa and I both end up being town, I don't want any of y'all feeling absolved of guilt because the scum "played well". You've all created a situation where there's no hunting and very little AI voting because everyone's stuck in the same tunnel. The easiest way to win as scum is to stoke that shit and keep it going as long as possible (which is why we should kill Maniac tomorrow, not that I'll ever convince any of you of that).
This is bullshit. You two are both alive, so there isn't such a big tunnel. Also, you two pushed the no-kill that was one of the main reasons the game dropped activity.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1714 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:49 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:01 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:18 am
BobMcBob wrote:
here
fun fact, chaqa has no reads
this game is a horrible mess and scum are doing super well
its going to take a lot to find them
i dont feel at all good about you responding so differently to me than you do to chaqa when we are both in very much the same place
I was agreeing with the part about looking at pairs. Why would I take kindly to "everyone appears townie except ghug"?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1715 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:52 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:06 am
ghug wrote:
This is bullshit. You two are both alive, so there isn't such a big tunnel. Also, you two pushed the no-kill that was one of the main reasons the game dropped activity.
The only reason we're still alive is that Maniac briefly decided to forsake the one reads he's had all game in the final moments of the day. Tell me that doesn't look like trying to keep the easy miskills around.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1716 Post by Maniac » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:46 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:52 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
ghug wrote:
The only reason we're still alive is that Maniac briefly decided to forsake the one reads he's had all game in the final moments of the day. Tell me that doesn't look like trying to keep the easy miskills around.
Yeah you’ve got me good Ghug. I bussed D1 following the game where I was bussed heavily D1 and received zero credit.

I then killed Vecna whilst somehow simultaneously twisting his mind scum read you and chaqa.

Then I was so confident that I could kill the cop that I withheld the powerful RB to make myself look good.

Then I joined the daykill you and chaqa had been pushing just to make you look bad and keep you around until tomorrow.

Oh and I killed the doctor N1 for shits and giggles.

Give your head a wobble.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1717 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:46 pm

ghug wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Do you really think you are an easy miskill? I don´t think so, in fact I don´t remember when was the last time you were miskilled (maybe I just have bad memory, don´t have time to dig the bot now)

Anyway, if I were scum and the options are town you and town Bona I would get you killed 10 out of 10 times (no offense Bona).

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1718 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:48 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:46 pm
ghug wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Do you really think you are an easy miskill? I don´t think so, in fact I don´t remember when was the last time you were miskilled (maybe I just have bad memory, don´t have time to dig the bot now)

Anyway, if I were scum and the options are town you and town Bona I would get you killed 10 out of 10 times (no offense Bona).
In fact, the only way I can see Maniac as scum is if he is scum with you Ghug. Then it could make sense.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1719 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:56 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
ghug wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I think I am in this game.

The latter is a fair point (or at least my ego thinks so). I did think Maniac's actions were kind of townie in the moment, moving votes around and looking at reactions, but ultimately with bona flipping town I feel like I know what happens next, and that's a town loss, which leads me to conclude that Maniac did it to ensure a town loss.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1720 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:56 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:48 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
ghug wrote:

In fact, the only way I can see Maniac as scum is if he is scum with you Ghug. Then it could make sense.
You don't think a Maniac/Chaqa team makes sense?