Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#1681 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:20 pm

Well, I missed EOD again, so can't really blame anyone. This time just sucks for me as it's in the middle of my work day.

I understand the scum read on Bona, but we should have flipped Ghug (or even Chaqa).

Hope scum just kill me tonight. Hope it's something like Maniac/Kak so I don't feel so bad.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1682 Post by Maniac » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:24 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:08 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:07 pm
RIP Bona.

Sorry guys this is on me
Eh, voting me would have been equally bad.
I guess Ghug would say the same. But I have trouble trusting anyone right now.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1683 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:24 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:20 pm
Well, I missed EOD again, so can't really blame anyone. This time just sucks for me as it's in the middle of my work day.

I understand the scum read on Bona, but we should have flipped Ghug (or even Chaqa).

Hope scum just kill me tonight. Hope it's something like Maniac/Kak so I don't feel so bad.
Why would you feel better about having been blatantly wrong?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1684 Post by Maniac » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

What? You know that rdriveria hoping it’s me and Kaka is blatantly wrong? I mean he is wrong about me, but how do you know that??

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1685 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:09 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:04 pm
ghug wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

What? You know that rdriveria hoping it’s me and Kaka is blatantly wrong? I mean he is wrong about me, but how do you know that??
No, he doesn't scumread either of you, so if it's you two, he's been blatantly wrong.

BobMcBob

#1686 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 pm

i swear the bona kill didnt show up on the bot so i saw no kill for the day and wondered what the heck we were doing

BobMcBob

#1687 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:25 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:21 pm
I was looking at EOD1 voting as it´s basically our only real informational EOD (D2 was all town)

Jamiet was on the lead for a long time with 4 votes and Celaph (town) had 3.
With 20 minutes Celaph (town) starts a wagon on Worcej (also town).
Jamiet then join Bob on lfishcl (scum). Don´t get much points on it because he can´t join Celaph wagon considering his reads.

Kak then changes from Celaph(town) to Worcej(town). Here I can see scum Kak trying to save scum Jamiet or scum Kak trying to avoid scum lfishcl getting traction.

Ghug moves from Jamiet to Worcej(town) which could be scum Ghug trying to save scum lfishl.

Maniac then votes on lfischl out of the blue, here I can´t see why scum Maniac would do this. I know, bussing and all, but still can´t see a reason to buss at this point.

Jamiet then jumps into Worcej ships, which is really scummy, as even Chaqa pointed.

Then Fox and Kak voted lsichl putting him on the lead and Celaph gives the definite vote.

Kak stil voted for Bob, which is weird but I think his vote on lfishl with 5 to go making him a runaway wagon is more towny then this last vote.

Me, Bona and Bob didn´t participate in this EOD, which make harder to gather info about us. But Bob voting lfischl and leaving didn´t look like bussing.

All in all, I still think Ghug and Jamiet/Chaqa are the ones who looked worst in this EOD. I think Kak erratic behavior is more town Kak then scum Kak. Why scum Kak will buss with 5 minutes to go to make his partner a sure kill and then bail at the end.
super solid analysis, i like this

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1688 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:30 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:25 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
I was looking at EOD1 voting as it´s basically our only real informational EOD (D2 was all town)

Jamiet then join Bob on lfishcl (scum). Don´t get much points on it because he can´t join Celaph wagon considering his reads.

Kak then changes from Celaph(town) to Worcej(town). Here I can see scum Kak trying to save scum Jamiet or scum Kak trying to avoid scum lfishcl getting traction.

Ghug moves from Jamiet to Worcej(town) which could be scum Ghug trying to save scum lfishl.

Maniac then votes on lfischl out of the blue, here I can´t see why scum Maniac would do this. I know, bussing and all, but still can´t see a reason to buss at this point.

Jamiet then jumps into Worcej ships, which is really scummy, as even Chaqa pointed.

Then Fox and Kak voted lsichl putting him on the lead and Celaph gives the definite vote.

Kak stil voted for Bob, which is weird but I think his vote on lfishl with 5 to go making him a runaway wagon is more towny then this last vote.

Me, Bona and Bob didn´t participate in this EOD, which make harder to gather info about us. But Bob voting lfischl and leaving didn´t look like bussing.

All in all, I still think Ghug and Jamiet/Chaqa are the ones who looked worst in this EOD. I think Kak erratic behavior is more town Kak then scum Kak. Why scum Kak will buss with 5 minutes to go to make his partner a sure kill and then bail at the end.
It's the same analysis I did night one and yet you don't like me.

BobMcBob

#1689 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:40 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:30 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:25 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

It's the same analysis I did night one and yet you don't like me.
rdr has other things going for him
and i just like the analysis in general

BobMcBob

#1690 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:50 pm

anyway, this sucks
im townreading everybody except ghug but now apparently one of thems scum
if chaqa is scum with ghug they deserve the win

jamie on d1 played fine, the outburst seemed somewhat natural, and chaqas play has been solid
the vecna kill really pushes him into town territory but maybe it was just an insane play that was not really expected to work or a seventh level bluff?

rdr has been pretty mediocre but a few things make him seem a lot more likely to be town

i really need to go back over kak
the impression ive got from him all game is town and his d1 vote looks good but i need to reconsider it now

maniac still looks good, especially after bona flipped town, but maybe hes just a prolific busser who pulled a couple of crazy ones on us

i think trying to piece together connections between players could be valuable here to piece together reasonable scumteams
or we may just suck at that too

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1691 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:06 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:50 pm
anyway, this sucks

jamie on d1 played fine, the outburst seemed somewhat natural, and chaqas play has been solid
the vecna kill really pushes him into town territory but maybe it was just an insane play that was not really expected to work or a seventh level bluff?

rdr has been pretty mediocre but a few things make him seem a lot more likely to be town

the impression ive got from him all game is town and his d1 vote looks good but i need to reconsider it now

maniac still looks good, especially after bona flipped town, but maybe hes just a prolific busser who pulled a couple of crazy ones on us

i think trying to piece together connections between players could be valuable here to piece together reasonable scumteams
You have no good reason to scumread me other than that you've told yourself you scumread me. That sort of confirmation bias is actually pretty townie, now that I think about it, but it's damn annoying.

BobMcBob

#1692 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:15 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:06 am
BobMcBob wrote:
anyway, this sucks

You have no good reason to scumread me other than that you've told yourself you scumread me. That sort of confirmation bias is actually pretty townie, now that I think about it, but it's damn annoying.
i have better reason to scumread you than anyone else in this game
i did an iso on you and there was nothing great in there, and quite a few things that were bad

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1693 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:20 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:15 am
ghug wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
anyway, this sucks

i did an iso on you and there was nothing great in there, and quite a few things that were bad
a) isos are dumb
b) you didn't actually find anything bad

BobMcBob

#1694 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:32 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:20 am
BobMcBob wrote:
ghug wrote:

a) isos are dumb
sure thing ghug, you can play mafia however you want
isos are just another tool that we can use

your d1 voting was bad
your reaction to jamie subbing out was bad
i mean really thats about everything that was actively bad, but thats still relevant

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1695 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:38 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:32 am
ghug wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

a) isos are dumb

your d1 voting was bad
i mean really thats about everything that was actively bad, but thats still relevant
Everyone else thinks Jamie was scum now, and I don't, so I don't think you can really use my reaction there as a point against me. Jamie had a similarly pathetic outburst as scum last game against town kgray, so automatically townreading him for being emotional is silly.

I can see why a lazy, shallow analysis of D1 says my vote was bad, but that shouldn't be the analysis you're using, and even if you are, there are other people whose votes were bad.

BobMcBob

#1696 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:00 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:38 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:32 am
ghug wrote:

a) isos are dumb

your d1 voting was bad
Everyone else thinks Jamie was scum now, and I don't, so I don't think you can really use my reaction there as a point against me. Jamie had a similarly pathetic outburst as scum last game against town kgray, so automatically townreading him for being emotional is silly.

I can see why a lazy, shallow analysis of D1 says my vote was bad, but that shouldn't be the analysis you're using, and even if you are, there are other people whose votes were bad.
like i said, everybody else has good bits, you dont really

that said, im not even sure individual scumminess is a good metric to vote by tomorrow
given that basically everyone is towny i dont feel confident just basing my reads off scumminess, especially at lilo
it seems like a great way for scum to take control of voting super easily and just get a miskill, especially by just pushing whichever of chaqa/ghug is not on the team (or either if neither of them are)

so i really wanna try to look more seriously at interactions and see what we can gain from that

brainbomb

#1697 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:38 am

bonatogether has died he was vanilla town

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1698 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:04 am

ghug wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Because they will have played incredibly great and they deserve it. If it's you snd Chaqa or you and Bob I will feel bad for not pushing enough and for being absent (and will have to listen Vecna forever).

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1699 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:14 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:04 am
ghug wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Because they will have played incredibly great and they deserve it. If it's you snd Chaqa or you and Bob I will feel bad for not pushing enough and for being absent (and will have to listen Vecna forever).
Well it's neither of those.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1700 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:17 am

But more generally, if Chaqa and I both end up being town, I don't want any of y'all feeling absolved of guilt because the scum "played well". You've all created a situation where there's no hunting and very little AI voting because everyone's stuck in the same tunnel. The easiest way to win as scum is to stoke that shit and keep it going as long as possible (which is why we should kill Maniac tomorrow, not that I'll ever convince any of you of that).