Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#1281 Post by Maniac » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:40 pm

I will probably just miss EON so here are my current thoughts even though I know no one will read them if I die tonight.

We have to find scum in the next two days. We can't relay on the cop riding to our rescue so we have to get this right quick.

I can't support killing either of the other two people on the Ifischl kill; Bob and Celaph. Sure one of them could be bussing, but there is a good chance that we're all town and got lucky.

I haven't seen anything from rdr or kakarroto that has raised concerns with me, so I'll also put them on the don't kill list.

That leaves Chaqa, Ghug, Bona and vecna.

I'm surprised Bona isn't coming under more scrutiny. I think voting for ghug and then admitting he had no reason to is scummy even though he says it was a joke. His Damascuskian volte face concerning Celaph is just confusing and I don't really know what to make of it.

Ghug and Vecna seem to blow hot and cold particularly regards chaqa. They scum read him during the day but won't vote for him EOD then revert to scum reading him during the night. If Chaqa is scum - (spoiler alert: he is) then I strongly suspect either vecna or ghug is his partner. More likely vecna.

Chaqa just hasn't done enough to convince me that he isn't scum.

Mafia is about reading people and their motivations. Jamie as a person is probably a great guy and I know we share a lot of the same moral and political viewpoints. But Jamie the mafia player is an actor. Like many diplomacy players he will do everything he can to win. I think he sought to manipulate us by his (over) acting. The core question is, is Jamie mad or bad. Was he really so frustrated and driven to madness because some people voted for him? Or is he scum trying to elicit our sympathies. In real life portraying oneself as mad can mean lesser sentences and could save your life. Being bad elicits no sympathy and has people clambering for their pitchforks. I think Jamie was faking his reactions by pretending to be going crazy. I can see why he would be upset at BB stepping in and stopping his plan from working. Maybe BB believed his act, idk. What I do know is that we have to kill chaqa d3 or d4. He has to be the prime target if we are to win this game.

Dear scum, if you have to beat me to death, please spare my face.

Peace out

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1282 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:58 pm

I don't think I am a likely NK, but will give my quick thoughts anyway.

Maniac is obviously town and likely NK.

Leaning Town: Celaph, Kak, Bob

Completely torn: Vecna, Chaqa and Bona

Scum: Ghug

I know it's a bit hedgy but I keep changing my mind on Chaqa and Vecna every time. Bona is more a fear to be giving him a free pass over his tunnel.

Vecna

#1283 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:59 pm

In the unlikely event Chaqa does end up convincing Ghug to NK me tonight:

Reread my posts a few pages back while I was talking back and forth with Bob.

My main thought currently is that its Ghug + Chaqa. They are also the only scum pairing that would actually kill me here, so if I end up dying, dont let chaqa use his weak wifom to make you believe they would never kill me, after ive been tunneling them. They would. Because they know this train has left the station and aint slowing down. Other scum teams wouldnt, because they would be fine to have me continue the deathtunnel, and then get killed the day after for being wrong.

Im also still vastly underwhelmed by Rdrivera. Noone would currently hire him to be their spokesperson. But he's currently all about killing Ghug, so how can I be opposed.

I dont really care about the order. Keep killing ghugs and chaqas untill one flips scum and my theory is disproven. I do feel that Ghug is the more likely GF of the two since it was jamiet at the receiving end.

-----------------------------------

From the mafia QT:

Ghug: fucking vecna is tunneling me again. Like I wouldnt try to kill him if I was town. What a babboon
Chaqa: Lets kill him. Not like anyone is going to sheep his reads.
Ghug: No dude, he didnt claim cop while he almost died last night. we need to kill the cop and the townclears.
Chaqa: Ok, fine. Lets become obvtown then! I know how these things work! All you have to do is dumbtell.....like pretend you werent aware the setup has a GF!
Ghug: That seems fucking weak dude....
Chaqa: *tickle-tickle*....cmon ghug trust me! I know how to wifom these fools.
Ghug: Fine.... :sick: but....fine
Chaqa: Look, now ill pretend to be investigating your dumbtell! I ctrl F'd your iso and you never mentioned the godfather at all in the entire game! Thats awesome, I can totally use that to townread you even harder.
Ghug: :sick: :sick:
Chaqa: Itll work. Ive done this a ton of times. Theyll all soon forget about me and start tunneling Bona or whatever.

Kakarroto

#1284 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:59 pm

people I feel towny towards:
rd - I don't know what people see in rd that would be mafia-like. Maybe it's things that's missing like big theories or reaction tests, but rd never was about that, or at least not in a big fashion.
maniac - some strange posts had me questioning, but his voting and him staying true to his reads make me think he is town. I hope he survives tonight, he might make better cases and theories than myself in the late game, so I should learn a bit and don't flood the thread with my every thought.

people I'm unsure about (not in any order this time, btw. I'm currently not confident enough for any of that):
celaph - I have a much better feeling on him on D2 than before, I'm kinda surprised to see that until now (a bit before EoN) he has 0 posts in here. But then again, I myself had a little break from the game today, probably just a bit exhausted, it was a turbulent D2. I question a bit though if the rb was real, though that's probably not a thing that will be known pre-flip or in the god qt, so I guess I should just believe it for now. (I kinda saw his name pop up in the 'user browsing' just now, so maybe there is more of him before EoN.)
Chaqa/Jamie - I've read Jamie more town than Chaqa. I don't know if it's a tonal issue or something else, but I could see a mafChaqa here, but also a townChaqa. Maybe I need to learn to talk chipotle.
ghug - I have the feeling ghug is buttering me up a bit. Maybe he just read my townyness and sees me as a (kind of messy) beacon of good, who can say. He felt more town in the exchange with Jamie on D1. Now he is a bit ... hmm, when I think about it, kinda like last game, and there he was town. Maybe I shouldn't hear to my silent voice this game.
Vecna - I want to believe he is town here, a part of me though is just constantly nagging 'what if', another part of me is like 'if you see Vecna as town, you give up agency and stop trying' kinda. I don't know. Probably town. He has the thing with ghug/jamie/chaqa. Somehow I get the feeling, he's too focused on that. I mean that's a town sign but then again, that might lose us the game.
Bona - That sudden switch of his makes me quite suspicious of him. Though, would mafia do something like that? Then again that thought line might be exploited by maf team. *sigh* I mark him with a big questionmark for me. ←

Sorry if I'm kinda rambling in some of these. If I had more time, I'd have made it shorter and clearer. But I used a great time today to clear my head a bit. Probably will do a bit of that tomorrow too.

PS.: just seeing and reading maniacs reads, that looks pretty nice, now I really hope I'm wrong with whom mafia chooses. The point he raises about Jamie is fair, I should consider this more if I see the light of the next day. I mean, to be totally clear Jamie, I mean it in the best possible way, you are a great at planning as are you at acting.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1285 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:00 pm

Night 2 is done; please hold.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1286 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:14 pm

The despondent party look aghast at one another. Anger and fear fill the RV.

Alice, Frank’s wife, yells, “What the hell is happening! What the hell is happening!” and steps out of the van. Standing on the side of the road she howls in anguish. Roger walks out and tries to console her.

“We’re all shaken. We’re in a horrible B-movie and we don’t see any way out of it. I think it might be best to head back into town and try that sheriff again. We’ve got to get some headway. We’re being hunted and targeted out here.”

From a distance Roger notes a vehicle heading toward them.

It’s a vaguely familiar red pickup truck.

It picks up speed.

Roger can’t make out who is in the driver seat but the passenger looks somewhat familiar. Then Roger makes out the rifle extending outside the passenger window.

“Get down,” he yells!

The result of the blast is known before the blast is heard. The pickup does a quick U-turn and heads back toward the town.

Vecna was Alice, and has died.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1287 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:14 pm

Please keep holding

brainbomb

#1288 Post by brainbomb » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:14 pm

Vecna was vanilla town

Day 3 begins
you may post

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1289 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:15 pm

Well, that helps narrow things down.

Kakarroto

#1290 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm

##vote Chaqa

in memoriam hollandum

celaph

#1291 Post by celaph » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm

I was RB'd again.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1292 Post by Maniac » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:19 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:15 pm
Well, that helps narrow things down.
Yep. Seems all we have to decide is whether to kill you or chaqa first.

RIP Vecna

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1293 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:19 pm

Huh.

Thanks scum for getting me out of my tunnel, I guess.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1294 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:33 pm

Unsure how I’ll convince some of you, thanks to Vecna’s ludicrous tunneling, but I am town. Let’s hope cop has a guilty to run with

I’m feeling theres a busser in Maniac, Bob, Celaph.

I townread Celaph but the double roleblock is maybe sus

Kakarroto

#1295 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:41 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 pm

I suggest then that people are here when it's time to make the decision ... or don't hear to the crazy Austrian.
Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:32 pm
Also, Worcej, I would advise you to be a bit more sparkling if youre town, because atm, you have roughly 6 hours and 16 minutes remaining untill a flash wagon puts you in the ground.
Instead you could hear to this upright member of the nether lands, who clearly knew what would happen.
Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:59 pm
In the unlikely event Chaqa does end up convincing Ghug to NK me tonight:

Reread my posts a few pages back while I was talking back and forth with Bob.

My main thought currently is that its Ghug + Chaqa. They are also the only scum pairing that would actually kill me here, so if I end up dying, dont let chaqa use his weak wifom to make you believe they would never kill me, after ive been tunneling them. They would. Because they know this train has left the station and aint slowing down. Other scum teams wouldnt, because they would be fine to have me continue the deathtunnel, and then get killed the day after for being wrong.

I dont really care about the order. Keep killing ghugs and chaqas untill one flips scum and my theory is disproven. I do feel that Ghug is the more likely GF of the two since it was jamiet at the receiving end.
Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:47 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:11 pm
And yee, after all those interactions today, I feel normal town ghug does not try to sneakily eliminate me last second tbe way he tried there.

He thought he had an easy opportunity to get rid of me. Not a town move at all.
are you sure youre not just paranoid?
all he did was vote one of the least towny players in the game
why is there such a huge problem with that?
Because during all our interactions today, it was quite blatant he did not feel I was scum at all. He was happy that he convinced me to start participating again. He did not voice any trouble whatsoever.

Ghug does not actually vote me as town. It never happens. As scum, he always tries to get rid of me via daykill if he can. In a sneaky manner, when he feels there is some potential support for it he will place his vote out of nowhere.

Check the last time I was daykilled as town. The game where Kgray was jailkeeper and jailed me. The entire scumteam hopped onto my wagon after Ghug used Kgrays suspicion to lastminute wagon me there too.
There's even more back there, but you can follow the link to read it all before I clock up the thread even more.

Kakarroto

#1296 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:41 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:33 pm
Unsure how I’ll convince some of you, thanks to Vecna’s ludicrous tunneling, but I am town. Let’s hope cop has a guilty to run with

I’m feeling theres a busser in Maniac, Bob, Celaph.

I townread Celaph but the double roleblock is maybe sus
Alright then, who do you think is the most likely busser?

Kakarroto

#1297 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:46 pm

How likely would be a team ghug-Bona-lfischl?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1298 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:47 pm

I don’t know, really. I was pretty sure either Vecna or worc had to be scum. So either my town reads are wrong or it’s like Bob/Rdr or Maniac/Kak?

Idk

Kakarroto

#1299 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:50 pm

Well, we know now, the solem busser on D2 could only be Bona. And that's only if celaph and Bona are mafia together.

Kakarroto

#1300 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Well if we only take the votes in the end there, of course.