Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: Mini Mafia 1018 - Race with the Devil [hidden]

#841 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:24 pm

I'm a bit lost. Thinking of the progress in the next days, we have only 2 misskills. So thinking from that point, we have 4 chances to catch mafia.

I would like everyone to think about that and ask you to visualise the 4 players you think are most likely mafia. You don't have to say that in the thread, you can keep that for yourself. I'm sure that some of these would change depending on who mafia is going to nk anyway.

Maybe you don't need this advice, but I'm currently big unsure about most of my reads and maybe that's just some advice for myself. But if that helps anyone, please, be my guest and use it. But I'm not feeling a good person to vote just right now and I feel like that's wasted time for town.

worcej

#842 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:30 pm
GM NOTE
Jamie was replaced by me, he did not request a sub. I subbed him out rather than modkill.

Council has advised me that this information should be known.
Well this throws a wrench in my thought progression.

worcej

#843 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:38 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:23 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:13 pm
I was of the opinion that he was excessively griefing and violating our code of conduct. He was being considered for a ban and was asked to recuse himself from playing and has been an issue since his membership on the council. my personal feeling is that Jamie is fun, and also very frustrating. He can be rude and when he devolves into profanity rants against the game it is to the detriment of the game and our community.
Lets not discuss this until post game, but suffice it to say he does not agree with my decision and filed a complaint to the council.

Any further discussion of this at this time should cease. Or be directed to dargorygel, or President Eden who are kouncilmembers not playing or GMING
He literally said it was his last post. I think you're all good brain.

I also don't think brain's actions should really change anyone's opinions at all.
It changes my thought process on the Jamie slot since he was forced out and didn't recuse himself due to ~drama~.

##vote Chaqa

worcej

#844 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:47 pm
Uh, well, I don't like this situation but alright, lets wait for after the game to talk about it. In the meanwhile I (try to) deduct the few towny notches jamie gained for what I thought was subbing out. Well, he looked ok-ish before anyway so that's that.

However I don't like this Chaqa-bona absolute town reading each other. I mean, alright, I remember something of these two being quite fast to read each other, or at least Chaqa for Bona, for what I remember, but this development right now gives me kinda the creeps. Maybe I'm wrong, but that development doesn't feel natural.

Thanks in the meantime for answering my questions for those who did and for those who didn't, please answer them, the one with the 9 options concerning my thoughts for fox's nk.
Agree on the Bona and Chaqa reads of each other. It needs more context for me to take it more seriously.

I think Bona is the 3rd scum FWIW. He is tunneling celaph rather hard for little (objectively) good reason.

Vecna

#845 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:59 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:12 pm
Kinda want to take a page out of Jamie's book and self-vote as a meme.

Ya'll are bad at mafia. Jamie was town.
so just play a town-chaqa game instead of moping about buddy.

Bonatogether

#846 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:05 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:04 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:31 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 pm
##vote Chaqa

I’m sure the Ghug wagon is scum driven right now and Chamie is our best kill.

@worceJ - I don’t necessarily agree with your assessment that Ghug and Chamie are on opposite sides, but if you believe that would you be willing to flip Chamie instead of Ghug?

@Bona - do you have any case against Ghug? What do you think of flipping Chamie instead?

@rdr - I don’t think you’re scum, but iirc you haven’t presented a good case for voting Ghug
I have no case against ghug.

I townread chaka.
Why?
why what?

Bonatogether

#847 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:06 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Uh, well, I don't like this situation but alright, lets wait for after the game to talk about it. In the meanwhile I (try to) deduct the few towny notches jamie gained for what I thought was subbing out. Well, he looked ok-ish before anyway so that's that.

However I don't like this Chaqa-bona absolute town reading each other. I mean, alright, I remember something of these two being quite fast to read each other, or at least Chaqa for Bona, for what I remember, but this development right now gives me kinda the creeps. Maybe I'm wrong, but that development doesn't feel natural.

Thanks in the meantime for answering my questions for those who did and for those who didn't, please answer them, the one with the 9 options concerning my thoughts for fox's nk.
Chaqa has always been fast to read me, and I'm usually slower.

We're both usually right.

Bonatogether

#848 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:10 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

Agree on the Bona and Chaqa reads of each other. It needs more context for me to take it more seriously.

I think Bona is the 3rd scum FWIW. He is tunneling celaph rather hard for little (objectively) good reason.
Also, I never said I absolutely townread Chaqa?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#849 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:20 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:05 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:04 pm
Bonatogether wrote:

I townread chaka.
Why?
why what?
Why do you townread Chaqa?

BobMcBob

#850 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:30 pm
GM NOTE
Jamie was replaced by me, he did not request a sub. I subbed him out rather than modkill.

Council has advised me that this information should be known.
this actually changes things quite a bit, thanks brain
jamie looks a lot worse for that now

BobMcBob

#851 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:49 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:37 pm
also, having 2 town cw's to scum is always better for scum than 1 for continuity reasons
And this is why we create chaos.
im assuming this is not meant to say what it sounds like its saying
which is "yes i created chaos because i was scum and wanted an extra cw"

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#852 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:57 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:59 pm
Chaqa wrote:

I am playing my town game. in a vacuum none of you would be voting me. Not my fault Jamie left me a dumpster fire.

worcej

#853 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:05 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:24 pm
I'm a bit lost. Thinking of the progress in the next days, we have only 2 misskills. So thinking from that point, we have 4 chances to catch mafia.

I would like everyone to think about that and ask you to visualise the 4 players you think are most likely mafia. You don't have to say that in the thread, you can keep that for yourself. I'm sure that some of these would change depending on who mafia is going to nk anyway.

Maybe you don't need this advice, but I'm currently big unsure about most of my reads and maybe that's just some advice for myself. But if that helps anyone, please, be my guest and use it. But I'm not feeling a good person to vote just right now and I feel like that's wasted time for town.
I'll share because I want to: ghug, Chaqa, rdr, Bona.

worcej

#854 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:10 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

Also, I never said I absolutely townread Chaqa?
Um.....
Bonatogether wrote:

I townread chaka.
Maybe we're splitting hairs - but you said you townread him.

Kakarroto

#855 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:05 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:24 pm

I'll share because I want to: ghug, Chaqa, rdr, Bona.
hmm, interesting, mine seem to be quite different. After some thought, I think most likely we find mafia in the group of Bona, Bob, celaph and Vecna. Rd feels too towny for me to be maf, maniac was a bit strange but his voting shows me lots of good things, ghug and jamie/chaqa felt too t vs t.

From my four, I currently feel like Vecna is doing the least and tries to stay out of sight. I'll go to sleep and maybe have another view afterwards but currently ##vote Vecna for making me feel he is mafia.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#856 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:44 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:49 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:37 pm
also, having 2 town cw's to scum is always better for scum than 1 for continuity reasons
And this is why we create chaos.
im assuming this is not meant to say what it sounds like its saying
which is "yes i created chaos because i was scum and wanted an extra cw"
Oh, I missed the "for scum" part.

I think interesting EoDs are better for town because they can cause scum to panic and/or gamble in ways that expose them.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#857 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:45 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I am playing my town game. in a vacuum none of you would be voting me. Not my fault Jamie left me a dumpster fire.
I mean I'd probably vote for you anyway.

Vecna

#858 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:47 pm

Just because im busier doesnt mean im trying to stay out of sight.

Im actually surprised you somehow feel that Rdrivera has been playing extremely towny, and feel there is more there to townread.

worcej

#859 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

TBF, this is usually the case for any sub...

BobMcBob

#860 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:22 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:15 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:52 am

This wall feels like a pretty big effort to defend a scum teammate. Makes it feel less likely that Celaph was lfischl’s teammate.
first part: excited bona got killed last game for this same reason and was town

second part: Isn't 'effort to defend a scum teammate' and 'less likely that celaph was lfischl's teammate' mutually exclusive? i'm confused
i think vecna was saying it was so large of an effort that it is unlikely a scum would do that for their teammate
which is kinda reasonable