M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#4601 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 am

Noone is asking you whether you transferred it or not, Bozo

Vecna

#4602 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:16 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:12 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:06 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:03 am

How would they know who I gave the item to?
Did you actually ask the GM if you can active a single charge and keep its protection? And then pass it on?
Again, this information only helps the mafia.
It also helps us sort your frame of mind and whether its been operating in a pro-town fashion.

Given Bobs death, Damos insistence on not saving bob but himself and snowy, and snowies recent questioning of you, the answer seems to be evident.

Given your tunnel for 3P, I dont think youre overly concerned for mafia, and I dont think anyone is or should be atm.

bozotheclown

#4603 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:17 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 am
Noone is asking you whether you transferred it or not, Bozo
You said my use of the item was suspect, but you do not know how I have used it.

bozotheclown

#4604 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:22 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:16 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:06 am

Did you actually ask the GM if you can active a single charge and keep its protection? And then pass it on?
It also helps us sort your frame of mind and whether its been operating in a pro-town fashion.

Given Bobs death, Damos insistence on not saving bob but himself and snowy, and snowies recent questioning of you, the answer seems to be evident.

Given your tunnel for 3P, I dont think youre overly concerned for mafia, and I dont think anyone is or should be atm.
I think the mafia are already narrowed down to a small pool, but the 3P needs to be identified. If you are not the 3P, do you agree that Maniac is a good possibility?

Vecna

#4605 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:22 am

I meant that you've been playing pretty under the radar and have done little to attract nightkills.

Vecna

#4606 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:23 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:22 am
Vecna wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I think the mafia are already narrowed down to a small pool, but the 3P needs to be identified. If you are not the 3P, do you agree that Maniac is a good possibility?
Yes, but I still think its foodcoats.

Check how he inserted himself onto the HB wagon after being specifically told not to, since youre so fond of looking at the voting

bozotheclown

#4607 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:25 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:54 am
So it is the BP youre claiming right?

Why did you never give it to snowy/damo/bob?
Why did you assume I did not have the watcher item?

bozotheclown

#4608 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:26 am

Vecna wrote:
I meant that you've been playing pretty under the radar and have done little to attract nightkills.
What do you think I could have done to get NKed?

bozotheclown

#4609 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:27 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:23 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:

Yes, but I still think its foodcoats.

Check how he inserted himself onto the HB wagon after being specifically told not to, since youre so fond of looking at the voting
Yes, that looked bad, but that was even more obviously bad looking than what you did with Macca, and you said that was too obvious for the 3P do to.

bozotheclown

#4610 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:29 am

Also, foodcoats is in the small pool of mafia suspects, you are the most dangerous 3P possibility.

bozotheclown

#4611 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:37 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:31 am
Also, the obvious logic about what happened is this;

Scum hit Commuting Ghug N2. Then shot him with the loaded gun D3 since they didnt wanna deal with him being all smug and towncleared and the like.

This is why TomB was sad for being caught for the wrong reasons, and tried to spin it in a different way as to them hitting the 3P.

This also completely invalidates Bozo's theory.

(and Snowy, the fact you were actually believing it is fucking cringe)
How likely do you think it is that ghug would leave himself unprotected N1 with a 2x commute?

Vecna

#4612 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:44 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:37 am
Vecna wrote:

Scum hit Commuting Ghug N2. Then shot him with the loaded gun D3 since they didnt wanna deal with him being all smug and towncleared and the like.

This is why TomB was sad for being caught for the wrong reasons, and tried to spin it in a different way as to them hitting the 3P.

How likely do you think it is that ghug would leave himself unprotected N1 with a 2x commute?
Im even surprised he likely used it N2 because he normally plays for the endgame and rarely gets killed early. I guess the jamiet thing had him spooked.

Him not using it on N1 is a given id say.

bozotheclown

#4613 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:51 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:53 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:51 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:45 am

Whatever he had, it went to either Celaph, Ghug, Maniac or lfischl.

lfischl seems less likely now that we know what we know.

It could have travelled via Celaph to scum hands or via Ghug to scum or 3P hands, or ended up directly in scum or 3P's maniac hands.

I think this is currently still an equation with too many variables to solve accurately.
It could only have gone to celaph or ghug if it was not a 3P required item, and they would have had to keep that information hidden.

There are other possibilities, but I think the most likely possibility is that you or Maniac received a 3P item from Bonatogether.
it could have also been a 3P item if the 3P was not on the wagon
If celaph or ghug had randomly received a 3P needed item from Bonatogether D1, it would have cleared 7 other players from being the 3P, there is no way they would not have reported it. That means one of you, Maniac, and kgray would have to be mafia.

bozotheclown

#4614 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:53 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:44 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:

Im even surprised he likely used it N2 because he normally plays for the endgame and rarely gets killed early. I guess the jamiet thing had him spooked.

If you are surprised he would use it N2, why is that the obvious conclusion?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4615 Post by Maniac » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:01 am

I think with so many people now clear or semi clear we are favourites over the Mafia, but don’t really know where we stand against the 3P.

I’m fairly relaxed about being killed, it’s a team game and as long as we win, that’s fine. I will spend a few minutes defending myself though as I’d sooner not die.

Firstly items do not leave the game. This is important. The 3P can be patient, it’s far better for them to be on the wagon D4 than D1 for example. Towards the end of the game they can pick up multiple items with one right move.

My D1 - I was the counter wagon that made a late move to Bonatogether. Everyone who knows me will know I always argue for making votes count. The end result was 8 v 4, but it was still important to make that safe and save myself. Bonatogether turning up to vote for me and one switch from Bona to me would’ve tied the vote. Those things can happen in last few seconds.

Let’s not forget that two confirmed scum were on my wagon. Yes, people will shout bussing, but scum bus for a reason. There was no good reason to bus here.

D2 is interesting. Foodcoats hammered and helped catch Mafia. That would be such high level bussing that I just don’t think it’s possible he did that. But he did ensure he was able to control a kill and be on the wagon. Possible 3P sign.

Foodcoats also gets mega 3P points for yesterday’s kill. As an unclear there was no good reason why he was on Tom’s wagon.

I know it’s tempting to vote of people who could be 3P or Mafia, but if we’re taking the best option we should be killing 3P today. If we get that right I’m sure we’ll catch Mafia almost be POE. ##voteFoodcoats

Just to answer rdriveria. I think you’re looking at my JOAT play from a results oriented POV. Macca choose the wrong person to challenge. If they had been cop, tracker, watcher or someone with a stone cold read and caught Mafia, I’d be viewed as assisting town Jesus. Mafia start with four items and collected 1 or 2 more when I claimed JOAT. If I’m Mafia why didn’t I fake claim one of the items that Mafia held? One that would semi-clear me of Mafia or 3P?

Vecna

#4616 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:04 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:51 am
Vecna wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:51 am

It could only have gone to celaph or ghug if it was not a 3P required item, and they would have had to keep that information hidden.

There are other possibilities, but I think the most likely possibility is that you or Maniac received a 3P item from Bonatogether.
If celaph or ghug had randomly received a 3P needed item from Bonatogether D1, it would have cleared 7 other players from being the 3P, there is no way they would not have reported it. That means one of you, Maniac, and kgray would have to be mafia.
While I absolutely agree that they should have in hindsight, youre making very dangerous assumptions here. Celaph posted once during N1. Ghug is Ghug.

During that phase the mindset was not at all focussed on ruling out 3P's, and the judgement that "if I claim having this item, itll get stolen" is also easily made.

Vecna

#4617 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:05 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:53 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:44 am
bozotheclown wrote:

If you are surprised he would use it N2, why is that the obvious conclusion?
Missing NK N2.

GF being roleblocked.

Ghug being shot D3

Me knowing im not the 3P.

Occam's razor

bozotheclown

#4618 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:08 am

Maniac wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:01 am
I think with so many people now clear or semi clear we are favourites over the Mafia, but don’t really know where we stand against the 3P.

I’m fairly relaxed about being killed, it’s a team game and as long as we win, that’s fine. I will spend a few minutes defending myself though as I’d sooner not die.

Firstly items do not leave the game. This is important. The 3P can be patient, it’s far better for them to be on the wagon D4 than D1 for example. Towards the end of the game they can pick up multiple items with one right move.

My D1 - I was the counter wagon that made a late move to Bonatogether. Everyone who knows me will know I always argue for making votes count. The end result was 8 v 4, but it was still important to make that safe and save myself. Bonatogether turning up to vote for me and one switch from Bona to me would’ve tied the vote. Those things can happen in last few seconds.

Let’s not forget that two confirmed scum were on my wagon. Yes, people will shout bussing, but scum bus for a reason. There was no good reason to bus here.

D2 is interesting. Foodcoats hammered and helped catch Mafia. That would be such high level bussing that I just don’t think it’s possible he did that. But he did ensure he was able to control a kill and be on the wagon. Possible 3P sign.

Foodcoats also gets mega 3P points for yesterday’s kill. As an unclear there was no good reason why he was on Tom’s wagon.

I know it’s tempting to vote of people who could be 3P or Mafia, but if we’re taking the best option we should be killing 3P today. If we get that right I’m sure we’ll catch Mafia almost be POE. ##voteFoodcoats

Just to answer rdriveria. I think you’re looking at my JOAT play from a results oriented POV. Macca choose the wrong person to challenge. If they had been cop, tracker, watcher or someone with a stone cold read and caught Mafia, I’d be viewed as assisting town Jesus. Mafia start with four items and collected 1 or 2 more when I claimed JOAT. If I’m Mafia why didn’t I fake claim one of the items that Mafia held? One that would semi-clear me of Mafia or 3P?
Why did you silence Macca when you could have let that go unused?

Why did you think Macca was the best player to give the challenge to, if you were hoping to give it to someone with an investigative item?

bozotheclown

#4619 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:12 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:04 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:

While I absolutely agree that they should have in hindsight, youre making very dangerous assumptions here. Celaph posted once during N1. Ghug is Ghug.

During that phase the mindset was not at all focussed on ruling out 3P's, and the judgement that "if I claim having this item, itll get stolen" is also easily made.
To get stolen by the 3P, the 3P would have had to guess the exact item they received from Bonatogether. I think celaph or ghug would have realized the value of 3P clearing 7 players.

Vecna

#4620 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:15 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:12 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:04 am
bozotheclown wrote:

To get stolen by the 3P, the 3P would have had to guess the exact item they received from Bonatogether. I think celaph or ghug would have realized the value of 3P clearing 7 players.
Once again, easy to state in hindsight.

Noone even advocated for that if memory serves, so that was not at all what the general sentiment was about at the time.

Youre right though that being afraid of having an item stolen was a bad argument.