M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#1441 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:29 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:41 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:19 pm
Unofficial Vote Count:

snowy801 (2) - Jamiet99uk, Jamiet99uk
damo666 (2) - foodcoats, BobMcBob
Jamiet99uk (2) - ghug, Maniac
Maniac (1) - Kakarroto
lfischl (1) - Hamilton Brian
Macca573 (1) - damo666
BobMcBob (1) - snowy801
Do you know something we don't?
He claimed his item.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1442 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:30 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:43 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:42 am
Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:41 am

Do you know something we don't?
Jamiet is claiming chicken (double vote)
I would rather he actually just claim it, then do this weird stuff.
He did claim it and then do this weird stuff. You're welcome.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1443 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:31 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:53 am
You know what I think?

either, you've read to hard into his vote counts, and assumed he was definitely claiming.

OR

you're in a QT with him, where he told you, and you forgot that is where the information came from.

This "claim" does not exist.
No, you're just not paying attention.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1444 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:32 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:11 am
Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:54 pm

I am torn on Ghug. I can see him being 3P or Mafia but this thing with Jamiet is so unnecessary that I don't see two scum doing this.

I had some suspicion on Brian but totally based on tone and also Damo, but the RB claim seems towny.

I have a townread on you, Bozo and Food. Bob and Vecna are also on the town side, but less.

The others are on the null side.
Have you played with Ghug before? Oh wait, like 30 times before? Maybe more even?

So why do you brush the possibility off that easily while you actually scumread Jamiet?
I don't bush the possibility but Jamiet and Ghug interaction is so weird that I don't see any reason for scum to play this way. I have been scum with Ghug recently and won also lost against scum Ghug recently and he played pretty well on both games.
Do you think I'm playing well this game?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1445 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:34 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:14 am
Nice, I think I can townread Rdrivera now
Why?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1446 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:35 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:22 am
Snowy, I get youre somewhat unfamiliair with me, but just take it from me....

This is my town game, and pretty much noone is going to scumread me this game, whatsoever. Trust their read. Im one of those chums whose scumgame suffers because my towngame overpowers it in every way possible.
Both of these things are woefully inaccurate.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1447 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:37 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:38 am
If I just occam's razor all behavior into a read, ignoring any potential high level trickery, aknowledging its probably happening but is probably only one or maybe two persons, then thisll suddenly become a lot easier to condense. Itll maybe give some clarity. So, the most simple, bare-bone reasons for townreading a bunch of people to cut down to people I need to kill.

------

BobMcBob: Just town. No reason to worry. It all makes sense. His flaws and silly things make sense. He's not trying to impress or do funny business.

Hamilton Brian: Is struggling with reads. Does enough to be a quasi-level townread. Is trying to bring back town cohesion. Can fake this, but im going to simply assume its genuine.

rdrivera2005: Current streak of posts reads very genuine. Calls out bullshit. Tries to correct reads where he feels theyre wrong. Pretty towny behavior.

Macca573: Ill just sheep people saying the reply to the muting is okay. I wanna see more, but im sure more will come. Macca is such an easy read normally as town. Itll sort itself out. No priotity to kill at all.

Maniac: Hard to put into words. Scum Maniac is scared. This Maniac has got a few little claws here and there. I think this is town Maniac. No where near certain. Dont wanna deal with it regardless.

Ghug: Easy logic to apply: is getting frustrated. Realizes im town. Probably feels a bunch of things and does silly outbursts. Kid probably means well. Lets just give him a silly slightly above null read or whatever for the purpose of this stupid exercise. Probably terrible reasoning

Null'ish:
bozotheclown: The only one here ill give words I think. Has done the bare minimum to be a Bozo. Few very simple reads. Is once again tunneling a very small group. Barely interacts with the rest of the game. Mediocre mechanic/list with little follow up. Still fairly possible its a slightly better than average scum performance.

damo666: Something inside me wants to think DAmo keeps calling out to me to see the light. But theres a bunch of things that have rubbed me the wrong way. At least is unlikely to be the scum doing the nightkilling. Occams razor, item roleblock, lower chances to be scum, no priority today.

Jamiet99uk: Jamiet is usually very easily under the radar as scum, and when he faces pressure, he slithers out easily. More prone to get into trouble as town. This is why I made the statement of "not sure I can keep scumreading him". He's clumsily getting himself into more and more trouble, and he doesnt really care. Thats not usually his play as scum. Its smoother and slicker, and more aware to say the right things.

lfischl - Meh
snowy801 - Putting in a good performance if naughty. Makes me feel sympathetic. Which is ofcourse the intent.

Below null:

Kakarroto: can make such good impressions when town. Talks about stuff. Come back kakakakak

Worcej: I always regret ignoring my initial gut feelings. Dude probably just scum and I talked myself out of the right instinct.

foodcoats: Instinct keeps telling me he's scum. Havent seen a single redeeming thing on the slot. No clue why some people even remotely townread this.

I feel some names fell off the list somehow?
What

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1448 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:38 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:46 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:40 am
##vote Foodcoats
Can you elaborate on this? You say it's obvious, but imagine that I'm bad at this game.
When did he say it was obvious?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1449 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:38 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:53 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:52 am
If you have to ignore the one big post during the night, can you mention a single thing Foodcoats has done this game?

Any meaningfull contribution that isnt just faffing about and semi-trolling?
No. However, I can't do that with (nearly) all of the players.
Maybe this game isn't meant for you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1450 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:39 am

Hi Vecna.

TheMadMonarch

#1451 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:12 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:27 am
Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:33 am
Ummm... Hey guys....

I was silenced (more details in later posts), and it apparently lasted 24 hours with a PM reminder.

However, my PMs have broke and it seems to have deleted everything after the 21 june.

I'm gonna assume it's safe to talk. but ##CALL GM please stop me otherwise.
Why would someone silence you?
idk? That's what I'm trying to answer?

(and yeah ghug, I get, I'm not great at this. you don't have to rub it in.)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1452 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:22 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:12 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:27 am
Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:33 am
Ummm... Hey guys....

I was silenced (more details in later posts), and it apparently lasted 24 hours with a PM reminder.

However, my PMs have broke and it seems to have deleted everything after the 21 june.

I'm gonna assume it's safe to talk. but ##CALL GM please stop me otherwise.
Why would someone silence you?
idk? That's what I'm trying to answer?

(and yeah ghug, I get, I'm not great at this. you don't have to rub it in.)
To be clear, my issue is less with your lurking (though that is an issue) and more they you come in cockily acting like you read everything only to have no knowledge of key events. I don't particularly like emc's or lfischl's styles, but when they do post they're either offering rare insights, telling us they haven't read anything, or saying nothing of note. You force us to rehash and explain things, and you've proven you're competent enough that I can't trust the townreads I get on you in those moments, which means it's all bad news. It also means you could probably be a pretty good player if you picked times when you could participate or did it rarely enough that activity would excite you (my secondary selfish frustration here is that your one good town game was spent very actively, accurately, and effectively tunneling me, not unlike how I'm more annoyed by Chaqa's scum successes because he's consistently useless when he's my teammate as either alignment).

There were a lot of more vocal people, people more likely to be listened to, talking about snowy than you, and you were able to talk halfway through the day, so I don't see protecting snowy as a motive to silence you. If I had to guess, it was a townie who correctly saw the silence as a bad item for town that could be powerful in scum hands and decided to use it up, as has been proposed with the hammer. Thoughts on that?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1453 Post by Maniac » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:45 am

Macca is coming across as town to me.

They scumread snowy and when they are then silenced for 24hrs see this as confirmation snowy must be scum! It’s poor logic but town indicative imho.

@Macca did you consider that a non-snowy scum team would want to try and get a lurker DK’d by forcing them to speak less? Maybe town didn’t want to silence big posters. More debate is good for town, silencing you could be town motivated .

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1454 Post by Maniac » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:53 am

Other people i town read: snowy, HB, Vecna, Bob, Ghug.

People I could vote for today Jamie, lfischl, WorceJ, kakarroto (possibly, they were null but snowy has me questioning that read).

TheMadMonarch

#1455 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:06 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:22 am

There were a lot of more vocal people, people more likely to be listened to, talking about snowy than you, and you were able to talk halfway through the day, so I don't see protecting snowy as a motive to silence you. If I had to guess, it was a townie who correctly saw the silence as a bad item for town that could be powerful in scum hands and decided to use it up, as has been proposed with the hammer. Thoughts on that?
I see where your coming from, but I personally hate the idea of wasting an item. I have gone to (arguably non-townie) lengths before to make sure a power actually gets used (see M61), so this thought would never have occurred to me.

TheMadMonarch

#1456 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:08 am

Maniac wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:45 am
Macca is coming across as town to me.

They scumread snowy and when they are then silenced for 24hrs see this as confirmation snowy must be scum! It’s poor logic but town indicative imho.

@Macca did you consider that a non-snowy scum team would want to try and get a lurker DK’d by forcing them to speak less? Maybe town didn’t want to silence big posters. More debate is good for town, silencing you could be town motivated .
I guess this makes sense, but if a minimal conversation impact is what was desired, why not go for lfi? Almost half my D1 posts, and nothing N1.

Vecna

#1457 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:19 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:35 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:22 am
Snowy, I get youre somewhat unfamiliair with me, but just take it from me....

This is my town game, and pretty much noone is going to scumread me this game, whatsoever. Trust their read. Im one of those chums whose scumgame suffers because my towngame overpowers it in every way possible.
Both of these things are woefully inaccurate.
Arent we mister agreeable today.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1458 Post by Maniac » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:24 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:08 am
Maniac wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:45 am
<snip> Maybe town didn’t want to silence big posters. More debate is good for town, silencing you could be town motivated .
I guess this makes sense, but if a minimal conversation impact is what was desired, why not go for lfi? Almost half my D1 posts, and nothing N1.
I don't know, maybe whoever silenced you knew you were busy and were doing you a solid.

BobMcBob

#1459 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:30 am

um in case anybody was wondering why ive been lurking on and off for the last 6 hours, im actually doing my assignments now, due tonight

also macca i think you were an entirely reasonable silencing target if the silencer wanted to make sure it had a minimal impact on the game
there were other good options, but you were up there

damo666

#1460 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:04 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:38 am
If I just occam's razor all behavior into a read, ignoring any potential high level trickery, aknowledging its probably happening but is probably only one or maybe two persons, then thisll suddenly become a lot easier to condense. Itll maybe give some clarity. So, the most simple, bare-bone reasons for townreading a bunch of people to cut down to people I need to kill.

------

BobMcBob: Just town. No reason to worry. It all makes sense. His flaws and silly things make sense. He's not trying to impress or do funny business.

Hamilton Brian: Is struggling with reads. Does enough to be a quasi-level townread. Is trying to bring back town cohesion. Can fake this, but im going to simply assume its genuine.

rdrivera2005: Current streak of posts reads very genuine. Calls out bullshit. Tries to correct reads where he feels theyre wrong. Pretty towny behavior.

Macca573: Ill just sheep people saying the reply to the muting is okay. I wanna see more, but im sure more will come. Macca is such an easy read normally as town. Itll sort itself out. No priotity to kill at all.

Maniac: Hard to put into words. Scum Maniac is scared. This Maniac has got a few little claws here and there. I think this is town Maniac. No where near certain. Dont wanna deal with it regardless.

Ghug: Easy logic to apply: is getting frustrated. Realizes im town. Probably feels a bunch of things and does silly outbursts. Kid probably means well. Lets just give him a silly slightly above null read or whatever for the purpose of this stupid exercise. Probably terrible reasoning

Null'ish:
bozotheclown: The only one here ill give words I think. Has done the bare minimum to be a Bozo. Few very simple reads. Is once again tunneling a very small group. Barely interacts with the rest of the game. Mediocre mechanic/list with little follow up. Still fairly possible its a slightly better than average scum performance.

damo666: Something inside me wants to think DAmo keeps calling out to me to see the light. But theres a bunch of things that have rubbed me the wrong way. At least is unlikely to be the scum doing the nightkilling. Occams razor, item roleblock, lower chances to be scum, no priority today.

Jamiet99uk: Jamiet is usually very easily under the radar as scum, and when he faces pressure, he slithers out easily. More prone to get into trouble as town. This is why I made the statement of "not sure I can keep scumreading him". He's clumsily getting himself into more and more trouble, and he doesnt really care. Thats not usually his play as scum. Its smoother and slicker, and more aware to say the right things.

lfischl - Meh
snowy801 - Putting in a good performance if naughty. Makes me feel sympathetic. Which is ofcourse the intent.

Below null:

Kakarroto: can make such good impressions when town. Talks about stuff. Come back kakakakak

Worcej: I always regret ignoring my initial gut feelings. Dude probably just scum and I talked myself out of the right instinct.

foodcoats: Instinct keeps telling me he's scum. Havent seen a single redeeming thing on the slot. No clue why some people even remotely townread this.

I feel some names fell off the list somehow?
Pretty solid post.