M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BobMcBob

Re: M69: Trapped in the Chipotle R&D Lab [HIDDEN]

#361 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:26 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:55 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:22 am
real talk here, maccas openness to a massclaim bodes well-ish

bona is cool, but still a huge wildcard at this point
i like the tone, but that doesnt mean much

im also just really not vibing with snowy
seems a little too tense and asks too many questions without giving much content
i do have a natural inclination to dislike those kinds of players but still, dont like it

i appreciate jamies presence and tone, nothing more
do not have a read there
Still kinda vibey but with a little more.

Why is asking too many questions bad? I've never seen you apply this reasoning to other notorious question askers.
because the questions sucked?
none of them felt like they were actually trying to accomplish anything
they were just... there
and ill have you know i caught scum in champs d1 with this logic
nobody else caught them
just me
still annoyed about that one

snowy801

#362 Post by snowy801 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:26 pm

Also I was sort of keeping mum on this because I wanted to hear more from Macca but I guess I sort of spilled the beans on myself.

bozo asked why I'm not scum reading people on my wagon, and that's because I'm not a brainless omguser. I scum read people (somewhat rightly) last game because I thought they were scum, and did not here because I did not think so.

I do think Macca is very suspicious. Very keen on hearing more from them, as a combination of factors stand out:

1) My wagon was one of the leaders and they chose to extend it on reasons unelaborated
1a) The reason is that they discovered a "scum slip" in my interaction with bozo - as scum slips, unlike PR slips, have no material harm in being disclosed it is curious that they would choose not to. Seems to me like the sort of thing that they keep abrest to make it appear as though they have cause, and then later when they're forced to reveal it and everyone rightly shits on it just gets to go "oh whoops guess I misread that" while still extending lead wagon.
2) Hopping on bozo's massclaim idea is nonsensical. Pocketing / unthinking behavior
3)
and the fact my main read snowy dislikes it, makes me like it.
Far too early to be basing derivative reads, methinks

snowy801

#363 Post by snowy801 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Also Bob, I apologize if it seems like I'm ignoring you. Some people provided feedback to me that I tend to do that, and it happens because I think you're town and just plain stupid.

If you do want my attention, and I'm not saying you do, feel free to act scummier. Or actually ask a question I guess, but that'd just be a waste of time.

BobMcBob

#364 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:02 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:00 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:43 pm
To be clear, this is NAI.

I'll make it explicitly clearer - I think constantly forcing games into these mass claim arguments is not fun and if I would've known it would devolve to this situation once again then I would've retracted my signup to the game.
It wasn't discussed much and clearly isn't going to happen. It looks like you're using it as an excuse to vote.
I mean, do you want to know my opinions or something?
do you wanna like, read the thread before getting into arguments with people who have actually read the thread about something that would be completely voided upon you reading the thread?
at least dont push it so hard

Vecna

#365 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:32 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:20 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:10 pm
Lets do a silly attempt at this, so people have reasons to attack me later on when I flip it upside down. Fuck the ordering by exact numbers, thats nonsense.

Vecna
BobMcBob
celaph

Hamilton Brian
Worcej

Jamiet99uk
Kakarroto
Maniac
rdrivera2005
snowy801
lfischl
Macca573

bozotheclown
Ghug

damo666
foodcoats
Bonatogether

man this list is stupid. I have nowhere near enough reasons to sort any of the crap in the middle.

Bozo trying to do this nonsense after 12h is just yukko
Here's what I got

Code: Select all

Towny
Bonatogether
worcej
bozotheclown

Bob

Neutral
ghug
foodcoats
Vecna

Scummy
Jamiet
celaph
damo

Macca
Odd list you have, is largely why I'm posting my own. But then it's early days.

Anyone not on this list is bad and should feel bad. Play the game.
The fact youre placing me at neutral with this much content provided sorta has me scratching my head tbh.

Talk to me about Celaph, and why you townread bozo and Bona

BobMcBob

#366 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:33 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:20 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:10 pm
Lets do a silly attempt at this, so people have reasons to attack me later on when I flip it upside down. Fuck the ordering by exact numbers, thats nonsense.

Vecna
BobMcBob
celaph

Hamilton Brian
Worcej

Jamiet99uk
Kakarroto
Maniac
rdrivera2005
snowy801
lfischl
Macca573

bozotheclown
Ghug

damo666
foodcoats
Bonatogether

man this list is stupid. I have nowhere near enough reasons to sort any of the crap in the middle.

Bozo trying to do this nonsense after 12h is just yukko
Here's what I got

Code: Select all

Towny
Bonatogether
worcej
bozotheclown

Bob

Neutral
ghug
foodcoats
Vecna

Scummy
Jamiet
celaph
damo

Macca
Odd list you have, is largely why I'm posting my own. But then it's early days.

Anyone not on this list is bad and should feel bad. Play the game.
i... hate this list on every conceivable level
why is macca down the bottom?
why is bona at the top?
why is celaph scummy?
seriously, yuck

BobMcBob

#367 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:37 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:29 pm
Also Bob, I apologize if it seems like I'm ignoring you. Some people provided feedback to me that I tend to do that, and it happens because I think you're town and just plain stupid.

If you do want my attention, and I'm not saying you do, feel free to act scummier. Or actually ask a question I guess, but that'd just be a waste of time.
yeehaw howdy gee whiz just hanging with my buddy e coli down in the r&d department
look at me scummety scumming
now answer my questions in the previous post, although i see you already have some on macca

snowy801

#368 Post by snowy801 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:38 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:32 pm
-
-snip-

The fact youre placing me at neutral with this much content provided sorta has me scratching my head tbh.

Talk to me about Celaph, and why you townread bozo and Bona
I actually had you down as scum, until fairly recently. I do recall thinking to myself at the time though that I quite liked you d1 last game, and you turned out to be scum, so me misliking you = ???

But again, I try not to meta read, I think it's a crutch for bad players.

I largely mislike Celaph because he has four posts in a row buddying up to Bob. One or two I can handle, but this seems excessive. Why go so far out of your way?

Bona is pure feel.

Bozo, I talked about a little bit earlier but I've got some stuff here.

1) He immediately accused me off the bat, and tbh his later explanation "I meta read him as an omguser and wanted to test it" is something I predicted ahead of his post, which rang town to me

2) I think his mass claims thing is stupid, but his approach to it does not appear disingenuous to me. I observe based on other commentary that he seems to do that a lot so I'm taking into context him possibly just doing it to appear "normal", but even then I think the development of his suggestions does not look artificial to my eye. I also noted earlier that people making silly anti-town gestures tend not to be scum, as they need to be a bit more cautious

+ general impressions/vibes, always relevant

BobMcBob

#369 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 pm

now, about macca
macca has so far exhibited stock standard macca behaviour
very much so
theres really not much ai there, and nothing scummy
and i probably know maccas inner workings better than anyone else here

snowy801

#370 Post by snowy801 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:42 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 pm
now, about macca
very much so
Shrug

I may not necessarily be right, but I am better than you.

You can see how such statements are meaningless, yes?

General: is Bob like a mini-brainbomb? He died too early last game for me to really notice.

BobMcBob

#371 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:43 pm

also i have a question for ghug which i will not be awake to hear the answer to
how serious would you say your arguing with jamie was
jamie you can answer this one too

Vecna

#372 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Im mainly sort of surprised that Bozo is just talking about his mechanic thing right now. And he didnt have his mind made up what the right course of action was, he just keeps flubbing it along, as if he didnt think about the up/downsides whatsoever.

His start of not tunneling down on a single person - decent. But by now he probably also knows he cannot get away with simply tunneling a single person after last game. So he does 2-3 reads, but then doesnt do anything else. Just talks mechanics. And not in a "I know better, let me lead town down the right path" type of way. Just a weak proposal for the massclaim, and then finding reasons himself not to like it. And then he just continues on with "make a list gusy". Really feels like he's just trying to distract from the fact he cannot form genuine reads on people.

snowy801

#373 Post by snowy801 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:43 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:37 pm
snowy801 wrote:

yeehaw howdy gee whiz just hanging with my buddy e coli down in the r&d department
now answer my questions in the previous post, although i see you already have some on macca
You didn't ask me any questions. Just so you know, because I interpret that you do not in fact understand this. Let me be abundantly clear in that you haven't asked anyone any questions, because you haven't. Does that make sense to you?

BobMcBob

#374 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:44 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:42 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 pm
now, about macca
very much so
Shrug

I may not necessarily be right, but I am better than you.

You can see how such statements are meaningless, yes?

General: is Bob like a mini-brainbomb? He died too early last game for me to really notice.
im a far less chaotic version of brainbomb currently
there is a lot of internal logic to my posts, i just dont capitalise the letters to throw people off

Vecna

#375 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:46 pm

tldr: im not actually annoyed with bozo. I was after his very first post suggesting the mass-claim, but then it completely disappeared as he wasnt argumentative about it whatsoever.

Blending in me thinks.

Regardless, not a strong read. Just a thing to be very mindfull of.

Keep looking if he can form genuine reads, as opposed to be tunnely on 1-a few people with bullshit made up reasons.

snowy801

#376 Post by snowy801 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:46 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:43 pm
Im mainly sort of surprised that Bozo is just talking about his mechanic thing right now. And he didnt have his mind made up what the right course of action was, he just keeps flubbing it along, as if he didnt think about the up/downsides whatsoever.

His start of not tunneling down on a single person - decent. But by now he probably also knows he cannot get away with simply tunneling a single person after last game. So he does 2-3 reads, but then doesnt do anything else. Just talks mechanics. And not in a "I know better, let me lead town down the right path" type of way. Just a weak proposal for the massclaim, and then finding reasons himself not to like it. And then he just continues on with "make a list gusy". Really feels like he's just trying to distract from the fact he cannot form genuine reads on people.
Possibly, but a more generous interpretation says he's floundering because he doesn't actually have any genuine reads on people, and is doing what little he thinks he can to be helpful. Whether that's successful or not.

To correct, I found him the reason not to massclaim (incorrectly, thought 3P could win with any faction like last game, as it was not explicitly stated otherwise).

But hey, you might be right, who knows.

BobMcBob

#377 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:48 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:43 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:37 pm
snowy801 wrote:

You didn't ask me any questions. Just so you know, because I interpret that you do not in fact understand this. Let me be abundantly clear in that you haven't asked anyone any questions, because you haven't. Does that make sense to you?
i mean i did, i even put question marks on them to make it abundantly clear, although vecna apparently asked them first
now its question time
snowy, how do you feel about the fact that ghug has made posts this game?
why did you say the word shrug in an earlier post? please ecomplex?in the interaction about chickens at the beginning of the game, who do you think seemed like they had the lettuce?
why do you have a superiority complex?
i do appreciate the sarcasm though, i may finally have a rival

BobMcBob

#378 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:49 pm

yikes that post was messed up
it meant to say "earlier post? please explain"

Vecna

#379 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:50 pm

Also, snowy, Bob is actually quite a convincing scum player I think. One of the better ones around here.

Does that pique your interest?

Vecna

#380 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:51 pm

lfischl, come join us and say something poetic