Fantasy Simulator I Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Fantasy Simulator I Official Game Thread

#301 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:47 pm

The yields from the fishing and hunting were pretty good. Theyll probably be slightly less if we sent em to the same areas though.

I guess our consumption will be 2 higher again with the 200 soldiers we gained as well.

Vecna

#302 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:48 pm

In line with my earlier statement, im proposing we research the three remaining Tier1 research projects during the next 3 phases so my ability will not trigger on any T1 outcomes.

Im sure someone can put it into a nice thing to vote on to gauge interest.

brainbomb

#303 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 am

Acidius Hawthorne: Council, this shant take long. I want to buy your wizard statue.

What will you charge?

RagingIke297

#304 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:27 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 am
Acidius Hawthorne: Council, this shant take long. I want to buy your wizard statue.

What will you charge?

This guy is a Hawthorne, as is Atithir, I think he's shady

WarLegend

#305 Post by WarLegend » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:43 am

PRINCE WILLIAM wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 pm
In order to decide what action to take in this phase, I have a question, how bad is our need for food?
Our need of food isn't THAT bad, but there is also the dwarf castle being sieged, who likely need our help and food, or they'll starve. So pretty moderately high.

##Proposal 7.1: Research Religion. We should be focusing on this, tbh. Our faith is very strong, and I think religion will help us tremendously.

##Proposal 7.2: Pardon all parties (-10% morale, increased chances of additional fighting). Our Morale is pretty high (Thanks Liberatius), and we need workers more than we need the morale buff. Is there anything we get for having a higher morale?

we should consider using Fertile Growth/Rampant Growth as well.

worcej

#306 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:23 am

WarLegend wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:43 am
##Proposal 7.1: Research Religion. We should be focusing on this, tbh. Our faith is very strong, and I think religion will help us tremendously.

##Proposal 7.2: Pardon all parties (-10% morale, increased chances of additional fighting). Our Morale is pretty high (Thanks Liberatius), and we need workers more than we need the morale buff. Is there anything we get for having a higher morale?

we should consider using Fertile Growth/Rampant Growth as well.
I agree with both proposals :)

WarLegend

#307 Post by WarLegend » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:39 am

(I think only votes in the correct format will be counted! Sorry!)

Vecna

#308 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:43 am

##vote Proposal 7.2 NAY

Lets just nip this shit in the bud and sacrifice the 30 workers to prevent any further rioting. Law and order is the name of the game, we shouldnt sent the wrong message that its ok for our workers to just start fighting and killing eachother over the issue of race or whatever.

WarLegend

#309 Post by WarLegend » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:09 am

So, we need more help in the war against the giants. How many men can we realistically send to hold the giants off? We have an over crowding problem as is, so sending around 100-200 people, with the armor and weapons we got, is something we need to do.

More dire news: "Kaolyn leadership has met the Giants on the battlefield. They plan to surrender rather than starve. Theyll be enlisted to the Giants army."

I don't know if this is happened yet, or if its just imminent. But we should consider trying to supply Kaolyn with food, otherwise the last stronghold in the west is gone, and its us against everybody. Don't forget we have an attack coming from the south that will be there next turn as well.

WarLegend

#310 Post by WarLegend » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:15 am

Also, I need a heal. @yulish, if you’re not doing anything else maybe you can shoot a healing spell my way when I make my way back?

Vecna

#311 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:22 am

##proposal 7.3: Sent Aletera with lord Broadmore as the dragonrider to the front to meet the army that is marching on our colony. Lord Broadmore will buff the dragon with extra actions and we will make short work of that army.

Vecna

#312 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am

(yes I need some XP)

brainbomb

#313 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 pm

**Uthwick completes road in 14, 12**

Our stone mine is connected to the city now!

Kench

#314 Post by Kench » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Afternoon Councillors! Some thoughts...
by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:48 pm In line with my earlier statement, im proposing we research the three remaining Tier1 research projects during the next 3 phases so my ability will not trigger on any T1 outcomes.
If I'm not wrong, the remaining Tier 1 techs that Broadmoor is referring to are Religion, Navigation and Military. I agree with both Emilau and Avendi that we stand to gain a lot from having Religion in place so let's certainly prioritise that.

##Vote Yea - Proposal 7.1

Otherwise, I think we take things a turn at a time but I agree that we should get Navigation and Military in the next two turns if we can't get them by some other means. However, I wonder if there's a chance we might trade for them, in order to get ahead of the curve. Seeing whether Castle Bishop have either of them to offer in return for the 1 iron might be beneficial, given that we know they are in need of it?

##Call GM - Can you tell us what Bayern and Castle Bishop have to offer in return for what they each want? Specifically, it would be useful to know if they have knowledge of any techs that we might trade for.

Crisis 45/100
A fight breaks out between 15 half orcs, and 16 wild men. Three wildmen die in the fight which started over taking breaks at work. 8 men are injured.

-Arrest all parties (+10% morale, lose 30 workers)
-Pardon all parties (-10% morale, increased chances of additional fighting)
-Ignore (-20% morale, added workforce disruption, infighting)
On this point, I am in agreement with those think we should toe a stricter line - I think we may well not be able easily to afford the loss of 30 workers, but I fear that in the longer term our loss of discipline would be substantially greater and we might risk a great deal more than just 30 workers.

##Proposal 7.2.2 - Arrest all parties (+10% morale, lose 30 workers)

Given how much we could also do with having food - not just for ourselves but potentially to support the leadership of Kaolyn - I would suggest that we use a small amount of our faith to make extra food.

##Proposal 7.4 - Spend 10% Faith on creating food

As for Proposal 7.3, those of us who just killed the giant attacking Tyson's pigs found the following note on the dead Giant (Broadmoor has taken the note for safekeeping):

"Zenthil on board, very hungry. Others all dead. Must find food. Pigs look good. Maybe I can get a pig, ya. Pigs delicious. Yea."

This suggests that the attack from the South may well flounder before it begins, if we can hold out. I wonder if there's a way for me to work out a diplomatic solution to this, rather than risking a fight? Given that my apparent snubbing of Zenthil started this, perhaps this is the most appropriate way of ending it? For the moment, I will pursue this instead of suggesting that we send out our Level 1 Lord and our Dragon who has recently given birth.

##Vote Nay - Proposal 7.3

A

Vecna

#315 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Yes, given that the dragon has also refused to fly there, ill ##retract proposal 7.3

##proposal 7.1 vote YAY

WarLegend

#316 Post by WarLegend » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:01 pm

OK, how about this:

#proposal 7.2.3: The workers who were involved in the fight get arrested and conscripted into the army. This way they are not causing trouble, and can actually help in the way effort.

In the worker allocation, I hope we can scrounge up another 100-150 people, with the leather, swords, etc that we received from Bayern, and send them to join the army.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#317 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:21 pm

##VOTE YEA Prop. 7.1
##VOTE NAY Prop. 7.2
##VOTE YEA Prop. 7.2.3
##VOTE YEA Prop. 7.4

Prop 7.5 - offer the traders from Bayern a jewel as thanks for their latest shipment, and establish a trade crew of 20 to travel 6 phases, hoping to bring back wood, pigs, and food.

Prop 7.6 - offer 2 iron to Bishop Castle in return for Magic Research - Control Weather, and establish a trade crew of 20 to travel 2 phases.

Prop 7.7 - use 25% magic on fertile growth. Plant pine saplings in one clear farm tile and weldweed in one clear farm tile.

Prop 7.8 - build a spire (6 stone, 100 workers). +10 magic each phase will allow us to keep up with rampant growth.

Prop 7.9 - annex Dreadmere Ruins, designate as soldier housing.

Kench

#318 Post by Kench » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:42 pm

I like all of this from Avendi and the Governor. A couple of questions:
  • Before we annex them, have we explored the ruins properly and do we know they're safe? If not, would it be sensible for me to try and detect evil there before we go in?
  • Is it worth prioritising the building of a manor over the building of a spire, in order to ensure that we regain the King's favour?
##Vote Yea - Proposal 7.2.3
##Vote Yea - Proposal 7.5
##Vote Yea - Proposal 7.6
##Vote Yea - Proposal 7.7

A

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#319 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 pm

We are perfectly well in the king's favor (our support is actually 5, not 3, because of the +2 from completing the wall that never got calculated into the results). His son is perfectly safe as well, though he doesn't know it because evidently they have not been receiving doves from us, which should have updated him when we got him back. We don't have the resources to spare on a manor for the king's son - we need our resources for all of us right now, not just one person - so we are just going to have to handle that one as we can.

As far as the ruins go, I am happy to have a couple of us explore them, but having one person explore ruins has gone badly for us in the past.

RagingIke297

#320 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:44 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 pm
We are perfectly well in the king's favor (our support is actually 5, not 3, because of the +2 from completing the wall that never got calculated into the results). His son is perfectly safe as well, though he doesn't know it because evidently they have not been receiving doves from us, which should have updated him when we got him back. We don't have the resources to spare on a manor for the king's son - we need our resources for all of us right now, not just one person - so we are just going to have to handle that one as we can.

As far as the ruins go, I am happy to have a couple of us explore them, but having one person explore ruins has gone badly for us in the past.
Sign me up to explore!