Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#701 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:37 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:20 pm
If you look at like 14/15 of his most recent posts he talks about me

And he's still harping on the Bob vote and my lack of response, which tells me he's not really trying to understand the game, only trying to pass an agenda

I just think it's so obvious to the point I'm starting to think it's too obvious, but that's no reason to *not* scumread someone I don't think
I think you're blinded by OMGUS, which sadly means you're probably town too.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#702 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:39 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:37 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:13 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:07 am

I tend to agree with you here. I think one of Vecna or Ghug is scum, just not sure which one. I don´t think it´s both.
Also, can you run me through this logic? How can either of us be scum solo, but not with the other?

What type of unique distancing took place that makes this the logical conclusion that it cant be both?
Like I said, my read on you is strongly dependent on Bozo being scum. Both you and Ghug defended him in a way that I don´t like. Ghug is worst because he told an outright lie (Bozo didn´t tunnel as scum), but you disagreed with this statement but still keep the town read on him. I don´t believe both scum defend a third one so openly. That´s why I don´t think you and Ghug are scum together. Maybe there is a case for you both being scum if Bozo is town, but then I have to reconsider all my reads.
Eh, it's not that only town bozo tunnels as much as that tunneling is completely what town bozo does. Scum bozo imitates it, but generally with less vigor. I can't tell if his cheekiness this game is trying to mask that lack of vigor or if he just met someone who makes him happy or something.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#703 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:39 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:07 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:49 pm
At this point I'd like to point out JBH's severe disengagement from this game, which I purport (hi Jamie) deviates significantly from last game

That being said the posts he did make doesn't really strike me as scummy

I really am having trouble stringing together three scum in this game. Maybe it is ghug idk
If ghug is scum then there is probably a day 1 busser (Chaqa springs to mind). ghug Chaqa JBH ?
It would certainly not be beyond Chaqa and ghug to aggressively bus each other and do some scum theatre as they have. ghug made a really good point about how strong Chaqa has come out here. The other game where Chaqa got D1'd it was because he was pretty limp and he was town. And in other games where he's come out strong, he's been scum.

Pretty reasonable that it might be ghug, Chaqa and one other.
Last time I got D1'd I was not able to be super active. Look to the last town game before that one where I got Day 1'd despite being super active and "coming out strong".

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#704 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:24 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:07 pm
I'm kinda thinking this might be a very seasoned scumteam.

RDR
Damo
Ghug
Vecna

top candidates

with maybe a Hamilton or Johnny in there
Chaqa wrote:
Snowy seems town to me. Vecna probably not one of the scum.

Ghug could be jester.

So... RDR, Damo, maybe Bozo today.
im thoroughly confused
About?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#705 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Interesting that we had four votes on Damo and all four have moved.

Food, Hamilton, Rivera, and Snowy.

Damo followed food onto ghug.

Seems possible to me Damo-Food are teammates. Both helped bear down on Bob.

Food has seemed pretty disingenuous too.

##Vote damo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#706 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:44 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:40 pm
(which is not to say that damo should be left off the hook)

I want to at this point explicitly call for reads lists. A lot of people agreed with Hamilton earlier, but nobody actually did it. Please and thank you

You can keep it short if you'd like
Town: HB, damo, Chaqa, maybe Rd
Null: Bozo, food, snowy can be back here now
Scum: Vecna, Horsey

foodcoats

#707 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:39 pm
foodcoats wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm

If ghug is scum then there is probably a day 1 busser (Chaqa springs to mind). ghug Chaqa JBH ?
It would certainly not be beyond Chaqa and ghug to aggressively bus each other and do some scum theatre as they have. ghug made a really good point about how strong Chaqa has come out here. The other game where Chaqa got D1'd it was because he was pretty limp and he was town. And in other games where he's come out strong, he's been scum.

Last time I got D1'd I was not able to be super active. Look to the last town game before that one where I got Day 1'd despite being super active and "coming out strong".
Okay.

Right now I am thinking that ghug is probably actually truly the Jester. He doesn't seem very focused on anything this game, and there was the whole claim/retraction when he realized it would get him killed.

I wonder if ghug is actually a terrible vote for that reason.

If you had to choose from rdr, HB, or Vecna, who would you vote for?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#708 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:46 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:45 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:39 pm
foodcoats wrote:

Okay.

Right now I am thinking that ghug is probably actually truly the Jester. He doesn't seem very focused on anything this game, and there was the whole claim/retraction when he realized it would get him killed.

I wonder if ghug is actually a terrible vote for that reason.

If you had to choose from rdr, HB, or Vecna, who would you vote for?
I reject all three of those as possibilities at this time.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#709 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Chaqa wrote:

Ghug could be jester.

Now you don't want to kill the jester?

snowy801

#710 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:47 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:44 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:40 pm
(which is not to say that damo should be left off the hook)

I want to at this point explicitly call for reads lists. A lot of people agreed with Hamilton earlier, but nobody actually did it. Please and thank you

You can keep it short if you'd like
Town: HB, damo, Chaqa, maybe Rd
Null: Bozo, food, snowy can be back here now
Scum: Vecna, Horsey
Why Vecna? I'm willing to buy, please sell me the product.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#711 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:47 pm

I think I'm limiting my vote today to Damo, Bozo, Ghug, Johnny.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#712 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:48 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:47 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Ghug could be jester.

It was ideal on Day 1. Now it's now ideal. If you actually are the Jester, you're not winning. The deal is gone.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#713 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:51 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:22 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:14 pm
##VOTE ghug

Lots of mentions of ghug. Ghug converges to many points of possible scummery and/or jestery. I think pound for pound ghug is a good boat to send down the river today.
How do you feel about Vecna parking on you? Do you think it's coming from a good place? or just an easy way to drop an off-wagon that can be used to consolidate later? Or something else?
Good question. He doesn't seem terribly convinced that I am scum, or that anyone else will believe I am scum, either. I think the act of saying... "I want to interrogate... this person!" is inherently townie, so that gives Vecna town points. I think the parking can be done from either alignment... town!Vecna may not have found a new person he wants to vote yet. scum!Vecna might be having trouble moving around because the game feels really townie in general and he doesn't want to give away anything.

Honestly Vecna could be scum here, but he might not be. I said earlier that he wasn't NK'd and that might be suspicious but there's also a Doctor in play, so NKing darg made sense.

So for me Vecna is full on null. He feels townie in his posts but Vecna is obviously good enough to look townie as scum. If there wasn't a great respect for Vecna he might become a wagon. I think if Vecna is scum we won't catch him first, we have to get a partner and find the links. Such is the nature of reputation in the webDip Mafia meta.
Love how much I hate this post.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#714 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:48 pm
ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Ghug could be jester.

It was ideal on Day 1. Now it's now ideal. If you actually are the Jester, you're not winning. The deal is gone.
Lol, I'm fine with you not voting me, but we still autolose if we hit town today, so I don't understand why your stance has changed.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#715 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:51 pm
foodcoats wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

How do you feel about Vecna parking on you? Do you think it's coming from a good place? or just an easy way to drop an off-wagon that can be used to consolidate later? Or something else?
Good question. He doesn't seem terribly convinced that I am scum, or that anyone else will believe I am scum, either. I think the act of saying... "I want to interrogate... this person!" is inherently townie, so that gives Vecna town points. I think the parking can be done from either alignment... town!Vecna may not have found a new person he wants to vote yet. scum!Vecna might be having trouble moving around because the game feels really townie in general and he doesn't want to give away anything.

Honestly Vecna could be scum here, but he might not be. I said earlier that he wasn't NK'd and that might be suspicious but there's also a Doctor in play, so NKing darg made sense.

So for me Vecna is full on null. He feels townie in his posts but Vecna is obviously good enough to look townie as scum. If there wasn't a great respect for Vecna he might become a wagon. I think if Vecna is scum we won't catch him first, we have to get a partner and find the links. Such is the nature of reputation in the webDip Mafia meta.
Food is skeezing me out a lot too.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#716 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:53 pm

I think we have to kill Vecna.

##VOTE Vecna

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#717 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:55 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:48 pm
ghug wrote:

Lol, I'm fine with you not voting me, but we still autolose if we hit town today, so I don't understand why your stance has changed.
We don't have a confirmed Jester. The deal was to give the Jester an easy win on Day 1 so we didn't have to worry about it later. The Jester, be it you or someone else, did not take the deal, so unless the Jester claims today and takes the deal, it's pretty irrelevant.

Assuming you are not the Jester (or are not willing to claim and take your win), there's little reason to vote you at the moment. Either mafia will sort you out or the cop will.

foodcoats

#719 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:57 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:51 pm
foodcoats wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

*continues trimming hedges*

damo666

#720 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:01 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:27 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:13 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:06 pm

I'm catching up a bit here but if I have to pick between bozo and ghug, ghug looks far scummier. bozo is tunnelling but in reading his posts today I don't feel they look forced or strange. bozo is just stuck on one single point. I really don't imagine that scum!bozo would be so stuck; it's much more likely in my opinion it's an analytical point he thinks is really solid about snowy that has him locked in. I have been there as town many times.
ghug & 1 of rdr/Chaqa & someone like JBH works.

I am willing to switch to ghug if he becomes a viable wagon.
What do you think of rdr following snowy today, and how he has explained why he is sheeping/aligning with snowy so tightly?
I don't think he has explained it really. As to what I think of it, it's lazy but perhaps rdr has his reasons (which to me would indicate a ghug/Chaqa/? scumteam fwiw).