Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#541 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:47 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:19 pm
Food is too squeaky clean. He asks a lot of questions, and its a wonderful tool to get townread. Im having a bad gut feeling.

(probably influenced by the fact he usually garners suspicion as town but if memory serves is quite adept at garnering townreads as scum).
You being suspicious of foodcoats suggests food is town.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#542 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:48 am

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:46 am

Also, Vecna and JBH are almost certainly not scum together when Vecna fluffs JBH’s alleged townslip this way.
Vecna's a fluffer! Heh!

foodcoats

#543 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:48 am

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:15 pm
Definitely echoing the 3 scum comment I'm really having trouble scum reading people this game

Part of why i scumread darg (lurkers yakno)
How do you feel about rdr and JBH currently, since they were the other two lurkers?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#544 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:49 am

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:47 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:19 pm
Food is too squeaky clean. He asks a lot of questions, and its a wonderful tool to get townread. Im having a bad gut feeling.

(probably influenced by the fact he usually garners suspicion as town but if memory serves is quite adept at garnering townreads as scum).
You being suspicious of foodcoats suggests food is town.
Says you... Man, I hate mafiareading you.

snowy801

#545 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:49 am

Here's my list, if you were interested. Town -> Scum

Vecna
Hamilton Brian
Chaqa

foodcoats
ghug
rdrivera
Johnny

damo666
bozotheclown

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#546 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:51 am

By 6AM EST I need a sense of where I drop my vote since I will most likely be gone for the day. It doesn't seem like ghug and his BS jester claim will condemn them.

Hence, concensus.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#547 Post by ghug » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 am

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:42 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:48 pm
I'm unimpressed with Chaqa so he's probably town.
Whats unimpressive? Chaqa has done some significant analysis. Do you think it has been bad? What would have been better and suggested Chaqa is scum for being good?

I realize my questions are a bit unclear but I’m quite confused by your claim that Chaqa is bad and therefore town. That’s what you’re saying?
Chaqa tries to make himself appear townie when he's scum. When he's town, he just speaks his thoughts, and I usually don't like them.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#548 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:57 am

This game might be the towniest I've ever seen chaqa. There's an engagement, which suggests something else to me, but it's beyond they mafia chaqa.

snowy801

#549 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:00 am

I just want to state for the record that bozo is by far my strongest scum read, to the point where I'm sending God QT messages about it

I'm just voting damo because I think he's sus as hell and want to hear more from him. Will likely switch to bozo later barring circumstances etc.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#550 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:01 am

So to jumo on snowy, yes, I want reads lists.

I think this is the best way moving forward.

Anyone not seeing how town is up against it even this early is probably mafia-informed.

Look-fors: changing topics (subtly or not); evading qurstions (blatant or "skipping")

Fuck, my eyes are still not right. Don't get cataracts, my friends. Wear your sunglasses. 30 years of running without and I am hear saying your vision is going to be fucking shit!

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#551 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:02 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:00 am
I just want to state for the record that bozo is by far my strongest scum read, to the point where I'm sending God QT messages about it

I'm just voting damo because I think he's sus as hell and want to hear more from him. Will likely switch to bozo later barring circumstances etc.
Right now I LOATHE you, but...

wjat's your case on Bozo?

Why Damo>

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#552 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:11 am

So here is where I play contrarian.

I think your case on Bozo is weak.

Your jump to them is them getting back to your "I will not vote for Bob" post. So, i think if this is all we had to go on, we'd be stringing you up like yesterday's linguine. However, you hacve to realize that all of us are hamstrung with the fact that there is little info to go on.

The best info is the VCA. And Bozo was really not involved in that...except for the very final vote on Bob. And Bozo...you shoulkd atone for that blatant mistake. As should all Bob voters.

snowy801

#553 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:15 am

bozo's only ever talked about me, so it places me in an ideal circumstance to perceive his arguments from the most possible factual position.

The biggest red flag of the day, which I noted, is his accusations out of the gate for me today. Yesterday he spent literally all day attacking me, which while not ideal could be coming from any angle. But instead of extending that train of thought about the VT claims, wagon analysis or considering the overall body of my works he states that he's voting me because I swapped my vote to Bob, which I stated I would not do earlier.

I was roleblocked earlier; I think mafia was wifoming on whether I was trying to blatantly avoid being PR read with my hard VT claim, yet they chose to simply roleblock me and kill someone else. I don't think anyone will argue darg was widely town read or particularly fearsome as town, so I conclude that he was being PR hunted.

Then I add this realization (that I was roleblocked) onto the precise certainty that I had that I was left alive (look I'm not so arrogant to say I'm always N1'd, but it sure happens a lot) because a lot of people scum read me yesterday and people thought it would be possible to misvote me. Thus, someone would attempt to do so.

You already read my thoughts on this matter.

If bozo truly thought I was scum, he would take more than 3 seconds to consider how I might be scum, not pick sound bites he thinks will convince other people that I might possibly be scum.

This man is not town. I am so sure of this fact. Absolute scum energy coming from here.

---

damo, uh, I think it was weird how he was policy voting my voters (buddying, appearing active while not), his parting comment d1, his "well done darg" when he made his 2nd Bob vote, adding a 3rd (and ultimately fatal) vote on Bob. He was voting down a list of people who were voting me - why did this one actually stick through the end? His parting comment to me ("good one") makes it seem he actively scum read Bob, while he gave no indication of doing so in particular.

Honestly not as sure on this one, but that's my thoughts

foodcoats

#554 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:17 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:07 pm
Something different about HB and johnny this game. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if that pairing contains the jester and a scum.

Still unsure about what ghug is sniffing.
What do you find off about HB? Anything in particular? I’m finding HB seems like standard HB.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#555 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:17 am

Though Damo is less a mafia read than ghug, there's no traction with ghug right now.

M<ake Damo squirm...

##VOTE DAMO

The particularas of why aren't too important. No, strike that. They should be. However, I've had my world turned upside sown this game so I am rnning through uncertaninteisl.

The best thing that could happen is Jester claiming. Please do so. Town will jelp you wn!

snowy801

#556 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:17 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:11 am
So here is where I play contrarian.

I think your case on Bozo is weak.

Your jump to them is them getting back to your "I will not vote for Bob" post. So, i think if this is all we had to go on, we'd be stringing you up like yesterday's linguine. However, you hacve to realize that all of us are hamstrung with the fact that there is little info to go on.

The best info is the VCA. And Bozo was really not involved in that...except for the very final vote on Bob. And Bozo...you shoulkd atone for that blatant mistake. As should all Bob voters.
The import of an act, I always say, is not in its significance but the state of mind from which that action occurs.

As I disagree your first paragraph I must equally disagree with your 2nd: foodcoats killed Bob; bozo and I merely called the time, and that is one thing he should not atone for.

foodcoats

#557 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:18 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:24 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:01 pm
I was going to go on a diatribe about my own obvious superiority in all things that would've been disgustingly egotistical and self indulgent, but I was just now distracted by the knowledge that I had a little red ping that told me I was roleblocked last night.

So instead you have this knowledge. You can thank worcej and the scum team later for saving you the speech.
This feels concocted to make me townread you. I'm flattered, but I've seen through your duplicity. Sorry.
Why you in particular, ghug?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#558 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:20 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:15 am
Man, I like your gameplay and thinking so much.

I don't feel ready to go on an Bozo wagon. Ifeel they are too town.

If not Bozo, wqho?

Ansd realize this is a bit of a test.

snowy801

#559 Post by snowy801 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:22 am

The comfort of being town is that you don't have to overthink your comments, just say as you mean it

If neither damo nor bozo I'd probably go with ghug.

I'd ordinarily suggest rdrivera but someone rightly commented our opportunity for misvotes are limited

foodcoats

#560 Post by foodcoats » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:22 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 am
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:42 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:48 pm
I'm unimpressed with Chaqa so he's probably town.
Whats unimpressive? Chaqa has done some significant analysis. Do you think it has been bad? What would have been better and suggested Chaqa is scum for being good?

I realize my questions are a bit unclear but I’m quite confused by your claim that Chaqa is bad and therefore town. That’s what you’re saying?
Chaqa tries to make himself appear townie when he's scum. When he's town, he just speaks his thoughts, and I usually don't like them.
Could be legit. I remember when he and kgray were scum together in… ‘66? He looked incredibly townie, did a whole red/green keying of votes and everything.
Not unlike his big wall posts here. I will watch this Chaqa.