Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#461 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:23 pm

If what snowy it’s saying is accurate, then I need to re-read the set up because I didn’t think that was how it would go.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#462 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:23 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:03 pm
Foolish of them, really. I told them I am pure unadulterated VT and yet they choose to waste it on me. I wasn"t even trying to bait PR kill/block.
##VOTE Snowy

Why? I had earlier suspicions, I mentioned before, and he voted Bob out (along with several clueless townies), and the stuff I am reading is slanting me that way.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#463 Post by ghug » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:24 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:01 pm
I was going to go on a diatribe about my own obvious superiority in all things that would've been disgustingly egotistical and self indulgent, but I was just now distracted by the knowledge that I had a little red ping that told me I was roleblocked last night.

So instead you have this knowledge. You can thank worcej and the scum team later for saving you the speech.
This feels concocted to make me townread you. I'm flattered, but I've seen through your duplicity. Sorry.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#464 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:24 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:21 pm
snowy801 wrote:
I was going to go on a diatribe about my own obvious superiority in all things that would've been disgustingly egotistical and self indulgent, but I was just now distracted by the knowledge that I had a little red ping that told me I was roleblocked last night.

So instead you have this knowledge. You can thank worcej and the scum team later for saving you the speech.
?
What does this mean? Is he our doctor? Would a doctor be so stupid to out themselves? I guess that is not stupid, because the doctor can heal themselves.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#465 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:37 pm

I don’t think mafia would roleblock their kill target normally on night 1.They’re looking to maximize disruption of PRs, so I’m tempted to believe Snowy.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#466 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:38 pm

At no point today should any of our PRs claim or counterclaim.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#467 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:37 pm
I don’t think mafia would roleblock their kill target normally on night 1.They’re looking to maximize disruption of PRs, so I’m tempted to believe Snowy.
Everyone, I am sorry, I don't understand this.

What does roleblock mean?

snowy801

#468 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:39 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:24 pm
This feels concocted to make me townread you. I'm flattered, but I've seen through your duplicity. Sorry.
Ah, you poor innocent lambs. It seems that you shall not be spared at all.

For you see, I have a power beyond your mere comprehension. A gift bestowed upon me by the lunacies of chance and the blessings of the heavens. I have no cause to fear your judgment nor anyone else's, for you see:

I cannot be mislynched. I am invincible.

It seems that this will be one of those games, where I am perennially scum read. I can already catch the scent of it in the air, spreading. Some of you will rage, weep, and tear at the frothing and unrelenting frustration of failing to convict me time and time again as you scream and beg at who you perceive to be your friends that it is so obvious, it must be snowy why won't you just vote him with me.

But at the end of the day, it shall be some other sucker hanging from the noose. I have been there. I have seen it all. Even when we correctly find scum hanging from the other end some will still argue that my death would have been more revealing - that the information gathered from my death would have revealed more about the truth of the game. And it shall not be disingenuous entreaty either, but true town believing with every ounce of their words this argument.

Invest in salt swaps, my friends. There is value to be gained.

snowy801

#469 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

?
What does this mean? Is he our doctor? Would a doctor be so stupid to out themselves? I guess that is not stupid, because the doctor can heal themselves.
No, I am neither doctor nor cop. I was simply roleblocked.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#470 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:39 pm
Chaqa wrote:

and what is a PR? It is time to know what you are all talking about.

snowy801

#471 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:41 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

and what is a PR? It is time to know what you are all talking about.
A PR is a power role, i.e. a special town/mafia member who has more abilities than the rest. In this game, as roleblock is factional this would be the doctor and the cop.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#472 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:42 pm

Snowy, you do have a style. I’ll give you that.

bozotheclown

#473 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:49 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

The mafia can roleblock a player each night, and if that player has a power, in this case cop or doctor, that power is blocked for that night.

bozotheclown

#474 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:50 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

?
Since there is a role block, the doctor is not safe if revealed, because he can be roleblocked and killed when he is targeting himself with the doctor protection.

bozotheclown

#475 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
They might RB their NK target if they want to claim the RB themselves.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#476 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Chaqa wrote:
They might RB their NK target if they want to claim the RB themselves.
People always bring up this point but no one ever actually does it, because it’s somehow become more suspicious to be roleblocked. The only players in this game I could see pushing that line of play are probably you, ghug, and Vecna.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#477 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:57 pm

Just re-reading the mafia scum link:

In practice, the Jester almost always wins, which is an obvious balance concern. 12-players is probably not a favourable number to house three Mafia and a Jester for town.

Is it worth a GM call to determine the message non-PRs that get roleblocked get? Would they get a message?

Vecna

#478 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:58 pm

snowy801 wrote:

I guess I can buy snowy being roleblocked. Just cant shake this feeling of deja-vu of it always being claimed an hour later in some contrived way.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#479 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:57 pm
Just re-reading the mafia scum link:

In practice, the Jester almost always wins, which is an obvious balance concern. 12-players is probably not a favourable number to house three Mafia and a Jester for town.

Is it worth a GM call to determine the message non-PRs that get roleblocked get? Would they get a message?
Hamilton (and also Johnny) possibly faking lack of knowledge on how roleblock a work?

Vecna

#480 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:01 pm

snowy801 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Ah, you poor innocent lambs. It seems that you shall not be spared at all.

For you see, I have a power beyond your mere comprehension. A gift bestowed upon me by the lunacies of chance and the blessings of the heavens. I have no cause to fear your judgment nor anyone else's, for you see:

I cannot be mislynched. I am invincible.

It seems that this will be one of those games, where I am perennially scum read. I can already catch the scent of it in the air, spreading. Some of you will rage, weep, and tear at the frothing and unrelenting frustration of failing to convict me time and time again as you scream and beg at who you perceive to be your friends that it is so obvious, it must be snowy why won't you just vote him with me.

But at the end of the day, it shall be some other sucker hanging from the noose. I have been there. I have seen it all. Even when we correctly find scum hanging from the other end some will still argue that my death would have been more revealing - that the information gathered from my death would have revealed more about the truth of the game. And it shall not be disingenuous entreaty either, but true town believing with every ounce of their words this argument.

Invest in salt swaps, my friends. There is value to be gained.
oh I do love this