Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mini-Mafia Game - Interesting Facts Edition GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#181 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:19 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:08 am

readslists of questionable quality are a mainstay of my play
snapreads perhaps less so, but regardless

interesting fact: i got quite a bit of heat d1 for a not very good readslist in champs
It wasn't a joke? You can't be serious.
Also, whats up with the tone-deafness Rdr?

You think id miss the detail of the joke in my commentary? You find it really strange that bob just responds to my post and ignores the joke-part as I (mostly) did>
Not sure I understand what you mean with tone-deafness, not a term I am used to.

I find it weird you questioned an obvious joke reads as it was meant to be scumread and even weirder that he answered as it was a serious attempt of giving reads.
What I a make of it? I don´t know, now sure entering this Jester Wifom is a good tactic. And I don´t get scum vibes from Bob.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#182 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:37 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:49 am
And if anyone cares... here is the film I am working on.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12796696/
That is neat. What do you do? Write? Makeup? Craft Services?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#183 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:41 pm

Rousing myself to get in here; seems everyone has posted which is good.

There were some things that snowy posted in the God thread last game that I really took to heart. There are are 8 of us that are wholly uncertain about anything. We've been dropped into a "sea of uncertainty." So, making peace with that is key. With calmness and respect.

I am looking at going through the posts from later last night and this morning.

I think we're going to be guessing full-on shit-like today; if we kill the Jester, good. Who cares. They win and town can win too. Or am I stating the obvious that has already been stated?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#184 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:43 pm

THing I am noticing about snowy is that they question EVERY single thing. Good for keeping the game going; pulls more to be able to make some conclusions later on. Think I need to read all the pages to get a proper context.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#185 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:43 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:36 am
also i think it may be wise to just leave jester wifom out of this game almost entirely and just chop the people we think are scum
its not like we lose if we hit the jester, its actually better than mischopping town

interesting fact: many other mafia sites use wolfy and villagery and its unwieldy as heck (e.g. villagerier) and i hate it
but I don't like the word scum. It is degrading. I wasn't mafia last game and am not this game, but to be called scum does something bad to the psyche. Nobody wants to be called scum. I would rather be called asshole

(I know, now that I declared I am not scum, to some of you I must be scum. Don't go there. Day 1 is stupid. No point in trying to reason today. Someone will get eliminated, and it will probably be a mistake.)

damo666

#186 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:41 pm

There were some things that snowy posted in the God thread last game that I really took to heart. There are are 8 of us that are wholly uncertain about anything. We've been dropped into a "sea of uncertainty." So, making peace with that is key. With calmness and respect.

I think we're going to be guessing full-on shit-like today; if we kill the Jester, good. Who cares. They win and town can win too. Or am I stating the obvious that has already been stated?
Yep, I don't think anybody cares much whether Jester wins or not. What is important is to not dk town. I don't think snowy is scum so prima facie he is 89% town 11% Jester. Even if we generously up the Jester possibility to say 70% town 30% Jester he is clearly [imo] a poor dk. In fact I'm going to vote the Snowy voters until they move off.

##vote ghug

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#187 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:52 pm

I don't have a clue.

##VOTE Snowy

snowy801

#188 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:43 pm
but I don't like the word scum. It is degrading. I wasn't mafia last game and am not this game, but to be called scum does something bad to the psyche. Nobody wants to be called scum. I would rather be called asshole

(I know, now that I declared I am not scum, to some of you I must be scum. Don't go there. Day 1 is stupid. No point in trying to reason today. Someone will get eliminated, and it will probably be a mistake.)
I think if the community wants to revisit the word scum as a PC thing then you know, whatever, but you should know that there is no real intent to harm here. It's just a nice word to get it from the 3 syllable 'mafia' to the 1 syllablue 'scum'. By all means, call them mafia instead.

foodcoats

#189 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:03 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:51 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Yep, I don't think anybody cares much whether Jester wins or not. What is important is to not dk town. I don't think snowy is scum so prima facie he is 89% town 11% Jester. Even if we generously up the Jester possibility to say 70% town 30% Jester he is clearly [imo] a poor dk. In fact I'm going to vote the Snowy voters until they move off.

##vote ghug
Is there any particular reason you chose ghug over darg, bozo or JBH?

foodcoats

#190 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:04 pm

@damo: regarding my last post, I realized JBH voted after your vote, so... any reason you chose ghug over darg and bozo?

damo666

#191 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:05 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:03 pm
damo666 wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:

##vote ghug
Is there any particular reason you chose ghug over darg, bozo or JBH?
He's first on the list on the bot.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#192 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:06 pm

I think the math checks out that killing the Jester day 1 is good. We ideally want to hit mafia, but the Jester makes endgame math and motivations fuzzy.

##Vote ghug

for now on the basis he is the Jester

foodcoats

#193 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:07 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:54 am
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am

the fact that it is common influences me less than the fact that it is just generally good
and yes i understand why its a thing
For those of us who have been away for years, why is it a thing, and what makes it good?
well in the case of bozo, he loves stats and is usually flops about on d1 without much impact or proposes a massclaim while he waits for info
once thats over you can start reading him properly

for vecna, he has selfproclaimed multiple times as easy to catch late game as scum
cant actually remember if thats true, but ill roll with it
as town hes a great leader while he lasts, so hes good to keep around
What do you make of bozo more or less calling the scumteam ghug, darg and snowy? Do you like his argument? Do you think it is on meta for him to be town or mafia making such an assertion?

foodcoats

#194 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:07 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:55 am
also for the very little its worth, i doubt snowy is jester
What makes you doubt this?

Vecna

#195 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:12 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:51 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:21 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:29 am

the fact that it is common influences me less than the fact that it is just generally good
and yes i understand why its a thing
Why dont you humor me and try to read me today, instead.

Just because youre not gonna get me killed today doesnt excuse the "ill just make up my mind if it lives" approach.
town
happy now uncle vecna?
I dont care much for the response, but the last statement at least gives me towny vibes

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#196 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:23 pm

I am picking up a certain inquisitive combativeness from Vecna thus far. Combative might be too strong but it is pushy. Nothing major about it but something to tuck away to perhaps pull out as we get further in through the game.

snowy801

#197 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:25 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:06 pm
I think the math checks out that killing the Jester day 1 is good. We ideally want to hit mafia, but the Jester makes endgame math and motivations fuzzy.

##Vote ghug

What makes you base that ghug is Jester? His claim? Or is there more you read into his comments?

Vecna

#198 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:26 pm

damo666 wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:

##vote ghug
I still think all of this is pretty mediocre reasoning with the main assumption being because "he claimed vt"

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#199 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:26 pm

Chaqa might be on to something; JBH does yet not have the personality they showed last game.

Johnny, more about the snowy vote please.

Who might your next best vote be in?

Vecna

#200 Post by Vecna » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:28 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:06 pm

##Vote ghug

Can you expand why you think he's the jester?