M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#2521 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Maybe the Chaqa coaching JBH idea is right after all. Explains the lack of a shot n3.

worcej

#2522 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:43 pm

I've said it several times, but Chaqa makes the absolute most sense to be scum. It fits the 3 gun theory, which is the most logical scum setup, and is in the realm of his game to be so blatant about having a gun as a scum.

From there, assuming my read on Chaqa is right and we don't lose now, I am inclined to look in ghug, damo, and celaph as the group that contains his teammates.

If Chaqa is scum, I struggle to see a world where rdr is scum. JBH is still my most confident town read well above anyone else.

EMC is on his lone little island of smut writing because he could easily be town or scum with how he's played this game out...

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2523 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:44 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:43 pm
I've said it several times, but Chaqa makes the absolute most sense to be scum. It fits the 3 gun theory, which is the most logical scum setup, and is in the realm of his game to be so blatant about having a gun as a scum.

From there, assuming my read on Chaqa is right and we don't lose now, I am inclined to look in ghug, damo, and celaph as the group that contains his teammates.

If Chaqa is scum, I struggle to see a world where rdr is scum. JBH is still my most confident town read well above anyone else.

EMC is on his lone little island of smut writing because he could easily be town or scum with how he's played this game out...
How does Chaqa being scum preclude rdr being scum?

damo666

#2524 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:44 pm

People are having problems formulating scumteams with Chaqa as town and assuming JBH is town. Perhaps tis is because JBH isn't town. But we know that if JBH is scum then Chaqa is scum.

I think Chaqa just has to go. If he is town then well done scum, you've disguised yourselves well.

worcej

#2525 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:47 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:44 pm
worcej wrote:

Would rdr bus him and shade him that much as scum? I haven't seen him multi-phase bus anyone like this before (as far as I can recall).

I also follow his reasoning for the case against Chaqa and agree with it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2526 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:55 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:47 pm
ghug wrote:
worcej wrote:

Would rdr bus him and shade him that much as scum? I haven't seen him multi-phase bus anyone like this before (as far as I can recall).

It's not that multi phase. He decided to scumread Chaqa right about this time D3.

And while I scumread Chaqa, I still don't get y'all's argument. I'm more in the "he hasn't done much that's townie and it's hard to imagine a team without him" camp. Can you explain to me what about the HB vote was so bad that it warranted rd suddenly scumreading him out of thin air?

worcej

#2527 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:55 pm
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:

It's not that multi phase. He decided to scumread Chaqa right about this time D3.

And while I scumread Chaqa, I still don't get y'all's argument. I'm more in the "he hasn't done much that's townie and it's hard to imagine a team without him" camp. Can you explain to me what about the HB vote was so bad that it warranted rd suddenly scumreading him out of thin air?
I cannot put words in RDR's mouth, but for me it was because I thought Chaqa positioned himself earlier in the phase to easily move to HB with low effort and did his move in a way sleazy way.

His reasoning for either HB or JBH at the time was weak. His example today about how he explained his HB vote showed the 'soft' conviction he had in the case to begin with.

It was all just low effort.

worcej

#2528 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:09 pm

And I've seen way too many people pull this low effort BS as scum.

Since Durga doesn't play anymore, she is the queen of this BS - anytime Durga does low effort playing, she was scum. We've also seen Chaqa do the same *UNLESS* he was in a position to take the crown for his team, then he pulls off some high level mastery.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2529 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:39 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:12 pm
I'm one of the two people in this game who actually care about figuring it out right now. Scumreading me is absurd.
Who is the other one trying to figure it out to you?

I would say there are only 3 people not trying (emc, Chaqa, celaph [though some posts now show some sign of trying]) who are trying to not figure it out right now.
Damo.

Rd is not trying. You kind of of are, I suppose, but not very hard. JBH has announced that he's giving up and sheeping xorxes.
Only that he is not sheeping Xorxes who scumread Chaqa. He is sheeping you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2530 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:15 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:09 pm

Since Durga doesn't play anymore, she is the queen of this BS - anytime Durga does low effort playing, she was scum. We've also seen Chaqa do the same *UNLESS* he was in a position to take the crown for his team, then he pulls off some high level mastery.
We consistently see low-effort Chaqa as town too, though.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2531 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:16 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:10 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:39 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:33 pm
Who is the other one trying to figure it out to you?

I would say there are only 3 people not trying (emc, Chaqa, celaph [though some posts now show some sign of trying]) who are trying to not figure it out right now.
Damo.

Rd is not trying. You kind of of are, I suppose, but not very hard. JBH has announced that he's giving up and sheeping xorxes.
Only that he is not sheeping Xorxes who scumread Chaqa. He is sheeping you.
True, that's very weird, and he didn't respond when I asked about it.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2532 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:17 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:08 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:55 pm
worcej wrote:

I cannot put words in RDR's mouth, but for me it was because I thought Chaqa positioned himself earlier in the phase to easily move to HB with low effort and did his move in a way sleazy way.

His reasoning for either HB or JBH at the time was weak. His example today about how he explained his HB vote showed the 'soft' conviction he had in the case to begin with.

It was all just low effort.
Worcej said it better then me, but that Chaqa entrance and vote on HB isn't a town that was reading the thread and suddenly realize HB was scummier then the other wagons. He was coasting and let a vague scum read on HB sooner to justify the change. Just compare this with any of the recent Chaqa games and you will see that he didn't do this as town.

worcej

#2533 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:15 pm
worcej wrote:

Yes, but I also have spoken numerously about the 3 gun scum team. That completes my scum read of Chaqa.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2534 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:20 pm

ghug wrote:
worcej wrote:

It's not low effort only. If we are killing low effort the wagons would be emc and Celaph.

And how on Earth you are not defending Chaqa? You are actively trying to dismiss any arguments against him while also keeping a vague scumread on him.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2535 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:17 pm
ghug wrote:
worcej wrote:

Yes, but I also have spoken numerously about the 3 gun scum team. That completes my scum read of Chaqa.
Right, and the fact that you still don't understand the benefit to withholding either means you're scum with Chaqa and didn't have the opportunity to withhold, or you're town.

I'm only taking issue with the fact that you agree with rd's logic. Usually I can follow his logic. The fact that I can't and you can here suggests that he's not thinking.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2536 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:23 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:20 pm
ghug wrote:
worcej wrote:

It's not low effort only. If we are killing low effort the wagons would be emc and Celaph.

And how on Earth you are not defending Chaqa? You are actively trying to dismiss any arguments against him while also keeping a vague scumread on him.
It's not vague. I've explained why I think he's scum. It's not why you think he's scum, and I'm questioning you on it.

damo666

#2537 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:24 pm

I'm pretty much sold on worcej being town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2538 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:25 pm

Hi emc.

e.m.c^42

#2539 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:31 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:34 pm
But I guess that point also applies to Chaqa, since with some reread and sleep on it, I feel right now he would be more annoyed as town? So sorta scum point there. But if he's like stoned then he wouldn't be, so metric isn't as steady.
Looked back on his town and scum games, and overall:

Activity is decently NAI with recent meta, previously: more excuses = more likely to be scum, but that isn't applicable anymore given spike and drop in overall activity with either alignment. Don't think there's anything to be read into with post counts.

Policy on me - which tastes weird when he's scum, as there's something awkward about it being overtly buddy-buddy, but looking at what he did this game start, it's small town point? He didn't try any of his Chipotle jokes or other type of cozy with me, which he tends to play up as scum since it gets me to townread him.

But in terms of passion he's also went lacklustre as game went on (devolving interest?) which either could be attributed to 1) no more "PR"/item, he shot his shot, facial'd Jamie and now spent he falls to back, which I think is town range, or 2) scum without mechs to discuss, so he fades out due to that.

damo666

#2540 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:34 pm

So emc is Chaqa scum or town?