M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#2261 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:17 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:12 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:52 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:41 pm
I think town!Chaqa with a gun would have been much more invested in the game, like that game when he was neighborizer. He enjoys having power as town.

Also, why weren't more people on board with flipping JBH? Even if he is town, it wasn't a bad flip, as in that case it deprives scum of a sure kill tonight.
TBH I was planning to be more involved, but literally the day the game started, my girlfriend's parents told her they're selling the house she rents, so I'm just not super invested or active at the moment since we're in crisis mode.
If you are town and JBH is scum, it's very likely we lose tonight. You had to be very confident that JBH was town to not push for his flip. You were the one with the most info on this matter.

You never wavered day 3 from rivera/worcej/HB as the scumteam but didn't really push them much. Do you still think it's rivera and worcej? Who is the third one?
Well, along with Damo I got concerned by the instant loss scenario, but Johnny seemed more town as the arguments went on. At this point, I think the scumteam has to be exactly Rivera, Worcej, and EMC or ghug, unless brain!celaph has pulled a fast one on us.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2262 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:31 am

Chaqa wrote:
xorxes wrote:
I think town!Chaqa with a gun would have been much more invested in the game, like that game when he was neighborizer. He enjoys having power as town.

Also, why weren't more people on board with flipping JBH? Even if he is town, it wasn't a bad flip, as in that case it deprives scum of a sure kill tonight.
TBH I was planning to be more involved, but literally the day the game started, my girlfriend's parents told her they're selling the house she rents, so I'm just not super invested or active at the moment since we're in crisis mode.
Time to move in with you.

xorxes

#2263 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:45 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:17 am
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

If you are town and JBH is scum, it's very likely we lose tonight. You had to be very confident that JBH was town to not push for his flip. You were the one with the most info on this matter.

You never wavered day 3 from rivera/worcej/HB as the scumteam but didn't really push them much. Do you still think it's rivera and worcej? Who is the third one?
Well, along with Damo I got concerned by the instant loss scenario, but Johnny seemed more town as the arguments went on. At this point, I think the scumteam has to be exactly Rivera, Worcej, and EMC or ghug, unless brain!celaph has pulled a fast one on us.
What bothered me when I was skimming was that you unvoted JBH and spent most of the day on unvote instead of at least voting for one of rivera/worcej/HB who were your only and constant scumreads for the day. If you thought voting for JBH was a bad idea, why not at least park your vote on one of your scumreads for a little pressure?

xorxes

#2264 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:47 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:31 am
Chaqa wrote:
xorxes wrote:

You want to move in with Chaqa?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2265 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:45 am
Chaqa wrote:
xorxes wrote:

What bothered me when I was skimming was that you unvoted JBH and spent most of the day on unvote instead of at least voting for one of rivera/worcej/HB who were your only and constant scumreads for the day. If you thought voting for JBH was a bad idea, why not at least park your vote on one of your scumreads for a little pressure?
I don't really believe in pressure votes. I'm not like ghug or brain, I just plain don't jump my vote around a lot.

Any vote before the last hour or two is not really a vote, IMO. It's why I don't ever really get worried about pressure on me.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2266 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:47 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:31 am
Chaqa wrote:

You want to move in with Chaqa?
I smell a sitcom.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2267 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:02 am

xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
xorxes wrote:

His vote on HB is the most scummy thing in this game. There is no way town Chaqa approach the game this way. Also, from his POV voting JBH makes a lot more sense as he knew the game could end if JBH is scum.

And Ghug is also scum for the way he handle it. The third one is harder. If it's JBH the game is probably over barring a N3 rose. If it's now then we still have a chance.

xorxes

#2268 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:12 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:02 am
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

His vote on HB is the most scummy thing in this game. There is no way town Chaqa approach the game this way. Also, from his POV voting JBH makes a lot more sense as he knew the game could end if JBH is scum.

And Ghug is also scum for the way he handle it. The third one is harder. If it's JBH the game is probably over barring a N3 rose. If it's now then we still have a chance.
For the game to be over Chaqa has to be town though, so if you're sure about Chaqa being scum you shouldn't worry.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2269 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:28 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:10 am
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:03 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:49 pm
@Johny Big Horse, how did you make you decision of picking a rose for night 2?
Guessed? I didn't pick night one because I wasn't sure how things worked, and I figured by night 2 I might have a clue.
You thought you would be a likely kill as early as night 2?

And why did you pick a rose instead of a gun though? You seem very confident in your reads, so you could have used it to kill a scum.
I have never played this game. I became confident when I decided I figured it out. I had no idea what night to choose, but as there were only 3 nights, I figured night 3 might be too late, so night 2. As for the gun, I didn't know enough. To have a rose is to be passive, and that is how we newbs usually play. Just watch and say little, which I almost did for a day or two.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2270 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:30 am

Also I became confident when I saw that these guys who have been playing for 20 to 40 games didn't have a clue. That they applied reasonable logic to silly premises and ended up with silly conclusions.

You said that it has been explained to me that Jamie and I must both be town or mafia, but I am sorry, I didn't understand, and don't want to. That takes more brain power than I have at the moment.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2271 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:32 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:45 am
Chaqa and/or worcej are also the ones most likely here to concoct a plan where JBH claims to have been shot, so that fits with my theory.

Although I suppose brainbomb and emc could go along with it as well.

In any case, the plan would only have been needed to give Chaqa cover, since they would have needed to account for a missing gun. Otherwise it doesn't make that much sense.
I think you are mafia. Anyone who points at worcez is mafia in my book. I know, you think I am stupid. We will see in the end.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2272 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:24 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

How was my handling it scummy? I parked my vote on a scumread early, and I came back to find that wagon up against two townreads, so I advocated strongly for it.

damo666

#2273 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:50 am

If JBH is scum and Chaqa we have probably already lost so I'm simply going to ignore that possibilty.

I think it is either

A 3 from rdr worcej EMC ghug, of these I think EMC the last likely

Or

B JBH Chaqa plus one of rdr worcej ghug emc

In both cases there is 1 scum gun left and I expect Xorxes to die plus

Case A probably Chaqa rather than JBH if they want 2 sure deaths else they might attempt to kill me or braincel

Case B an attempt on me or braincel

I think town's chances are 20% or less.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2274 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:56 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:12 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
xorxes wrote:

For the game to be over Chaqa has to be town though, so if you're sure about Chaqa being scum you shouldn't worry.
I was talking about how Chaqa should view the game. If he is town he should be worried that JBH is scum and the game could end but he just didn't care much.

But you are right, if Chaqa is scum the game won't end tonight.

Also, there is no way I can be 100% sure about Chaqa. If he is town and JBH is scum we deserve to lose.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2275 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:01 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:24 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
xorxes wrote:

How was my handling it scummy? I parked my vote on a scumread early, and I came back to find that wagon up against two townreads, so I advocated strongly for it.
You tried to dismiss the wagon on Chaqa to consolidate on HB, I don't expect town Ghug to do this, you like vote movement as town to have more info.

You still think Chaqa is town?

xorxes

#2276 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 am
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I don't really believe in pressure votes. I'm not like ghug or brain, I just plain don't jump my vote around a lot.

Any vote before the last hour or two is not really a vote, IMO. It's why I don't ever really get worried about pressure on me.
A cursory look at some of your past games shows you do often move your vote around. But in any case, if you thought your vote was meaningless, why unvote then?

xorxes

#2277 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:26 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Did you think at the time there was any chance that your push on Chaqa could be successful when he had not really been a candidate all day? I thought you moving out of the leading wagon at that time was a little strange too.

xorxes

#2278 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:28 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:28 am
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:10 am
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:03 am

Guessed? I didn't pick night one because I wasn't sure how things worked, and I figured by night 2 I might have a clue.
You thought you would be a likely kill as early as night 2?

And why did you pick a rose instead of a gun though? You seem very confident in your reads, so you could have used it to kill a scum.
I have never played this game. I became confident when I decided I figured it out. I had no idea what night to choose, but as there were only 3 nights, I figured night 3 might be too late, so night 2. As for the gun, I didn't know enough. To have a rose is to be passive, and that is how we newbs usually play. Just watch and say little, which I almost did for a day or two.
OK, that's buyable.

xorxes

#2279 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:40 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:30 am
Also I became confident when I saw that these guys who have been playing for 20 to 40 games didn't have a clue. That they applied reasonable logic to silly premises and ended up with silly conclusions.

You said that it has been explained to me that Jamie and I must both be town or mafia, but I am sorry, I didn't understand, and don't want to. That takes more brain power than I have at the moment.
This I don't buy so much. Why don't you want to understand? Don't you want to win?

Jamie was shot night 1. There can't be any doubt about that, At least two shots were fired and snowy was shot only once. The only way Jamie could have been lying was if some other townie is hiding having been shot, which is absurd.

Chaqa knew Jamie had been shot. That can only be if he is town and shot him himself, or if he is scum.

Someone shot Eden or snowy with a gun N2. That had to be a scum shot, if it was town they would have told us.

So if Jamie and Chaqa were both scum, scum used two items N1 and one item N2. That's three items. But you claim you were shot. How? There were no more guns in the hands of Mafia. So if Jamie and Chaqa were both scum, you have to be lying about having been shot, and therefore scum as well.

You seem like a smart person even if you haven't played before, and you seem invested enough in the game to want to solve it, so your refusal to follow that not too complicated argument seems fake.

xorxes

#2280 Post by xorxes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:32 am
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:45 am
Chaqa and/or worcej are also the ones most likely here to concoct a plan where JBH claims to have been shot, so that fits with my theory.

Although I suppose brainbomb and emc could go along with it as well.

In any case, the plan would only have been needed to give Chaqa cover, since they would have needed to account for a missing gun. Otherwise it doesn't make that much sense.
I think you are mafia. Anyone who points at worcez is mafia in my book. I know, you think I am stupid. We will see in the end.
I don't think you are stupid. If I did, I wouldn't be sussing you.

Why are you sure that worcej is town? He seems hard to read to me from what he has done. I do tend to scumread him by default though, so I'm not too sure.