M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1941 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:25 pm

Was going through the EON reads that people were publishing to see if there was something to be pulled out of them. Didn't catch this piece from snowy the first time.

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:59 pm

I guess in that order. I suppose it could be Brian and damo too as many others have mentioned, but it seems silly to add them to the list just to not be "wrong" later when I don't think so. Definitely not helping my inner turmoil seeing rdrivera keep scum reading them when I think he's scummy.
I did not get a clear reason in the iso of why they thought Rivera was scummy, and now we'll never know. As I've suggested earlier, I did the flip flop on Rivera. Townread them on D1, then definitely felt the opposite in D2, and now I am back.

For those EoN reads, stats are: HB: 3. Damo: 2 Chaqa: 3 Rivera: 3 EMC: 1 Worcej: 3 Jamie: 1 brain!celaph: 1

According to the 5 people who offered ideas, including JBH's from today, myself, Chaqa, Worcej, and Rivera are the scummiest.

What does that mean? :shrug: Probably not a lot of anything.

Jamiet99uk

#1942 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:27 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:04 pm
Ok I think I'm caught up.

My guess at the scumteam is:

Johnny, the Pony of Unprecedented Size

Plus one of: EMC or Hamilton Brian

Plus one of: Ghug, Rdrivera, Worcej
Why worcej? Is it scummy behaviour or absence? If the latter, not too different from EMC, right?

Why are you breaking up the groupings like that? How could myself or EMC be in that one grouping? The other three in theirs?
Worcej has been entirely lacking in impact this game.
I can't think of a single notable thing Worcej has done, or said, or done.

EMC is often an absentee or lurker. Worcej usually makes *some* impact on me. So from my vantage point, it's not quite the same.

The groupings are based on the assumption, and I mean no offence by this, that a scum team consisting of you, EMC, and Jon-Boy the Wonder Horse, would not be doing this well. There has to be at least one experienced player in the scum team.

Jamiet99uk

#1943 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:30 pm

I think we.should kill EMC, JBH, or W.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1944 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:33 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:27 pm

The groupings are based on the assumption, and I mean no offence by this, that a scum team consisting of you, EMC, and Jon-Boy the Wonder Horse, would not be doing this well. There has to be at least one experienced player in the scum team.
Understood. In the case where the scum team is "doing this well," what is there to look at? VCA seems obsolete because there's not much frantic movement. A couple of :01s on both days but I wonder if most of these wagons have been TvT. Thoughts?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1945 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:37 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:33 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Understood. In the case where the scum team is "doing this well," what is there to look at? VCA seems obsolete because there's not much frantic movement. A couple of :01s on both days but I wonder if most of these wagons have been TvT. Thoughts?
Why do you think most of the wagons have been TvT?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1946 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:38 pm

None of these 5 have been wagons for EOD: Chaqa, ghug, JBH, Worcej, and myself.

Is this just playing the part?
worcej wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:20 pm
ANYWAYS - why is emc still alive? How many times are we going to allow for one liner, bad info posts and just let him slip under the radar?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1947 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:40 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:37 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Why do you think most of the wagons have been TvT?
Not sure why. Given my uncertainty around EMC, it probably wasn't the speculation I was looking to make. Food we know, Brain!Celaph I kind of townread.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1948 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:57 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:32 pm

If all are telling the truth, yes. Town taking a n2 or n3 rose could claim gun D1 to draw the NK. I suspect at least one of these 3 have done just that.
Didn't quite turn out like that though. What do you make of that?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1949 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Damo really latched on to Macca right away on D2 and never let up off the gas. Stayed there the whole day.
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:38 pm

This opportunistic vote hardens my scumread of Macca.
When asked to add some substance to the anti-Macca stance:
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:54 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:34 pm

You say this, but I can't seem to find any case you have on Macca to harden. Does it exist (if so, point), or if not, what is it?
Nothing concrete. A combo of gut feel and POE.
I don't think that's substantial enough to keep the vote there the entire day without considering anyone else. Maybe they did; I'm getting there.

Well, kind of an offering.
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:56 pm
My punt at the scumteam

Macca PE and HB

Sub: rdr
That didn't work out to well, given the team list is 2 town and me as town. Who are you thinking now Damo?

Raised the flag to ensure there wouldn't be a tie.
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:32 pm
We are in danger of a tie here. I call upon all those not on Macca or EMC to move there or make a watertight case on someone else.
NAI because good play is to get the flip, but when you consider how little info we've received (well, I've received) from the voting, certainly seems like Damo was very interested in flipping Macca. Not once did they make a move to EMC. Matter of fact EMC was leading by the time Damo made that statement. Why wouldn't they have been happy to go to EMC?
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:52 pm

If Macca flips town then we kill emc tomorrow.
You going to abide by this Damo? Apparently not, because now you need a "convincing" case. Interesting.
damo666 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:00 pm
People I will definitely not vote for today: Jamie Chaqa ghug

People I would vote for only if somebody made an ultra convincing case: celaph emc

People I am willing to vote for: HamB rdr worcej

I also will revert to JBH if he's looking the compromise solution.

I think I'll vote ##vote worcej and see what happens.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1950 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:20 pm

Burns my ass because I had you (Damo) in the trustiness pool. Now I don't think as much anymore. So if you are part of the scum team, who are your co-conspirators? EMC? Trying to save them on Day 2? So who's the third?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1951 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:23 pm

I'm not getting good vibes from Brian's posting here.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1952 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:27 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:23 pm
Do you ever? What do you find distasteful about it. Trying to get out from under the mechanics/item stuff.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1953 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:52 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:25 pm
Was going through the EON reads that people were publishing to see if there was something to be pulled out of them. Didn't catch this piece from snowy the first time.

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:59 pm

I guess in that order. I suppose it could be Brian and damo too as many others have mentioned, but it seems silly to add them to the list just to not be "wrong" later when I don't think so. Definitely not helping my inner turmoil seeing rdrivera keep scum reading them when I think he's scummy.
I did not get a clear reason in the iso of why they thought Rivera was scummy, and now we'll never know. As I've suggested earlier, I did the flip flop on Rivera. Townread them on D1, then definitely felt the opposite in D2, and now I am back.

For those EoN reads, stats are: HB: 3. Damo: 2 Chaqa: 3 Rivera: 3 EMC: 1 Worcej: 3 Jamie: 1 brain!celaph: 1

According to the 5 people who offered ideas, including JBH's from today, myself, Chaqa, Worcej, and Rivera are the scummiest.

What does that mean? :shrug: Probably not a lot of anything.
Because three of these people are liars.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1954 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:53 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:27 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:23 pm
Do you ever? What do you find distasteful about it. Trying to get out from under the mechanics/item stuff.
I often get good vibes from your posting.

a) You're doing it in response to pressure. There's no way around that now, and better you do it than not do it, but it still doesn't reflect as well on you, and you still look bad for the milquetoast first few days.
b) You're asking a lot of leading questions. You're questiony in general, but compare thess recent posts to ones from last game:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:01 pm
Eden's reads list isn't going to be the be all end all. Remember, according to snowy, we're all idiots. Except for the three scum.

PE post of reads from N2: viewtopic.php?p=244987#p244987
- Most Town -
Eden
snowy
Jamie
brainbomb
emc
dam​o
Johnny
Brian
ghug
= Town/Mafia Border =
rivera
worcej
Chaqa
- Most Mafia -

Then their Last post on the scum team.
Chaqa, rivera, worcej,

Scum knows there's probably town amongst that group (chaqa, rivera, worcej). Set up for another miskill. More likely scum in this group? Jamie,brainbomb/celaph, emc, dam​o, Johnny, ghug?
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

vs.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:13 pm
And if I change my vote to celaph right now, it might be construed as sheeping you. Given that we're the only two interacting, maybe?

But there does seem to be something there in Celaph's iso that's unsavoury.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:19 pm
There goes my notion.
RIP Demon.
Man, I am such back and forth with...everyone.

Macca, what strikes you odd for Vecna?
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:27 pm
Probably scumVecna doesn't flippantly suggest in a post that they're possibly the sniper to generate suspicion.

Or scumVecna says "If I bring it up myself, then no one would believe that I am those things, so I seem more town."

Jesus.
In this game, the assertions are phrased as questions. Last game, assertions were assertions, sometimes with caveats, while the questions were questions.

c) You've gone back to the vaguely threatening HB we've seen from you before as scum. I can't remember town HB making bravado-laden posts like this one:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:20 pm
Burns my ass because I had you (Damo) in the trustiness pool. Now I don't think as much anymore. So if you are part of the scum team, who are your co-conspirators? EMC? Trying to save them on Day 2? So who's the third?

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1955 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:19 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:38 pm
More of the same. Jamiet deflecting. He does this. He asks your reasons for your suspicions of him, and then he doesn't respond. At least he has done that twice to me. Maybe no response because I am of lesser mental capacity. But I think it is clear Jamiet is scum.

Chaqa too. And probably Damo, even though he has cleared me.

I cannot vote for all three. I will vote for the one who others are voting for. I used to follow Eden. He was my leader. Now I am on my own.

##VOTE JAMIET
What??

This is just flat out false, yet again.

What questions, from you, have I failed to answer? Show me what you have levelled at me that I did not respond to?
Maybe that is what I should be doing, asking questions, rather than pointing a finger at you. Yes, this is a more effective way to play.
ok.

1. Why did they spare you last night? They should have shot you. They are not idiots. Simple logic says you were an easy kill, not PE, not me. In fact, I wasn't, and they wasted a kill on me. Simple logic says, because you are mafia.

2. Why did you get so out of control angry with me Day 2 when I was claiming that you and chaqa were both mafia? Most people just shrug it off. I think I hit a nerve. I exposed the truth, and I had to be shot.

3. Why did the mafia shoot me? (Easy answer for you is to say I wasn't shot and that I am mafia and fabricated my shooting. I will expect that one.)

4. Why did you flip out at Brainbomb on Day 1, during the first 8 hours of this game? What was that about?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1956 Post by ghug » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:01 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
More of the same. Jamiet deflecting. He does this. He asks your reasons for your suspicions of him, and then he doesn't respond. At least he has done that twice to me. Maybe no response because I am of lesser mental capacity. But I think it is clear Jamiet is scum.

I cannot vote for all three. I will vote for the one who others are voting for. I used to follow Eden. He was my leader. Now I am on my own.

##VOTE JAMIET
What??

What questions, from you, have I failed to answer? Show me what you have levelled at me that I did not respond to?
Maybe that is what I should be doing, asking questions, rather than pointing a finger at you. Yes, this is a more effective way to play.
ok.

1. Why did they spare you last night? They should have shot you. They are not idiots. Simple logic says you were an easy kill, not PE, not me. In fact, I wasn't, and they wasted a kill on me. Simple logic says, because you are mafia.

2. Why did you get so out of control angry with me Day 2 when I was claiming that you and chaqa were both mafia? Most people just shrug it off. I think I hit a nerve. I exposed the truth, and I had to be shot.

3. Why did the mafia shoot me? (Easy answer for you is to say I wasn't shot and that I am mafia and fabricated my shooting. I will expect that one.)

4. Why did you flip out at Brainbomb on Day 1, during the first 8 hours of this game? What was that about?
Why do you think the mafia shot you?

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1957 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:02 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:18 pm
Damo really latched on to Macca right away on D2 and never let up off the gas. Stayed there the whole day.
damo666 wrote:

damo666 wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:34 pm

You say this, but I can't seem to find any case you have on Macca to harden. Does it exist (if so, point), or if not, what is it?
I don't think that's substantial enough to keep the vote there the entire day without considering anyone else. Maybe they did; I'm getting there.

damo666 wrote:
My punt at the scumteam

Macca PE and HB

That didn't work out to well, given the team list is 2 town and me as town. Who are you thinking now Damo?

damo666 wrote:
We are in danger of a tie here. I call upon all those not on Macca or EMC to move there or make a watertight case on someone else.
NAI because good play is to get the flip, but when you consider how little info we've received (well, I've received) from the voting, certainly seems like Damo was very interested in flipping Macca. Not once did they make a move to EMC. Matter of fact EMC was leading by the time Damo made that statement. Why wouldn't they have been happy to go to EMC?
damo666 wrote:

You going to abide by this Damo? Apparently not, because now you need a "convincing" case. Interesting.
damo666 wrote:

People I would vote for only if somebody made an ultra convincing case: celaph emc

Nice case for Damo, especially the last quote.

He is definately mafia. Look who he thinks is scum. Everyone who plainly is NOT. Look who he thinks is NOT mafia, everyone who plainly is.

The three are: Damo, Chaqa and Jamiet. And Jamiet and Damo are pissed because me, a newbie, saw through their clever plot.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1958 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:02 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
damo666 wrote:

damo666 wrote:

damo666 wrote:
My punt at the scumteam

Macca PE and HB

damo666 wrote:
damo666 wrote:

damo666 wrote:

He is definately mafia. Look who he thinks is scum. Everyone who plainly is NOT. Look who he thinks is NOT mafia, everyone who plainly is.

The three are: Damo, Chaqa and Jamiet. And Jamiet and Damo are pissed because me, a newbie, saw through their clever plot.
Nice job Jaime not answering any questions. Respond to questions with a question.

If you cannot see that Jaime is mafia, you guys are blind. Damo too.

Jamiet99uk

#1959 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:28 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Johnny Big Horse wrote:

##VOTE JAMIET
What??

ok.

You are asking me questions which I have either already answered, or which I cannot possibly know the answer to, or which are based on a false premise.

Ahem:

1. I have already addressed this several times.

2. I did not get "out of control angry" with you. By my standards, I have rarely risen even as high as "mildly salty", I assure you. I became terse with you because you have been repeatedly making entirely false statements about me, such as your lie thst President Eden scum read me before he died, when that was clearly and directly untrue. You have repeatedly been very rude and unpleasant to me, and frankly I am tired of your obnoxious attitude.

3. I am not on the Mafia team, so I cannot answer this for sure. Let us imagine for the sake of argumebt that you are not scum. Perhaps they felt that as the village n00b you might be kept alive out of pity, so they had to shoot you to be sure. Perhaps it was to shade me, since you had been pushing for my kill.

4. I reject the suggestion that I "flipped out" at anybody. I had, at best, a mildy salty exchange with Brainbomb, in which you are exaggerating or mis-reading the level of my emotions. I refer you to my answer to #2. I have not begun to lose my temper in this game.

Jamiet99uk

#1960 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:07 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:02 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Nice job Jaime not answering any questions. Respond to questions with a question.

If you cannot see that Jaime is mafia, you guys are blind. Damo too.
The posts you are quoting there are from Damo, HB, and yourself, not me.

I did just answer you, prick.