M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1321 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:59 am

Macca573 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:55 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:04 am
The fact that there is no actual discussion about damo being scum is a mystery too me.

I would think someone wouldve expressed reassons why he ISNT scum and the only person who seems to white knight damo is emc.
I've been mulling over him, but to me, ghug just seems him but worse.
How have I been like damo this game?

TheMadMonarch

#1322 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:00 am

I can't get behind a jonny push. Perhaps I empathize with just getting done for in your first game, but I don't really see the argument.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1323 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:23 am

Macca573 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:00 am
I can't get behind a jonny push. Perhaps I empathize with just getting done for in your first game, but I don't really see the argument.
Are you just ignoring me at this point?

brainbomb

#1324 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:03 am

Macca573 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:55 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:04 am
The fact that there is no actual discussion about damo being scum is a mystery too me.

I would think someone wouldve expressed reassons why he ISNT scum and the only person who seems to white knight damo is emc.
I've been mulling over him, but to me, ghug just seems him but worse.
ghug is pretty unscummy in every way but one. and even im not that crazy

worcej

#1325 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:43 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:53 pm
Looks like mafia did get to meet pregame and discuss the matter. I don’t want to put too much emphasis on it, but brainbomb didn’t seem to know that, it’s not something he would forget as mafia, and I doubt he went to the effort of intentionally weaving that into his response earlier. Not impossible, just unlikely. Towncred for you (not that it’s needed at this point).

Given mafia could coordinate pregame, that does raise the likelihood of some next-level shenanigans, but I feel like that would require a very specific mafia team that’s very open to wild fancy plays like that. Chaqa loves those, bb loves those, but bb is town here... I’m not really sure where that rabbit hole goes, and it still seems unlikely to me, but it is interesting.

Stashing the guns for n2/n3 is probably the best move for mafia. Kills = info, so you want to stash them as late as possible if you can. The risk is getting killed before using them. I feel like town probably takes a gun n1 in most cases for the same reason. That raises the likelihood of Chaqa being town, though it also makes sense that he would take it n1 given how frequently he’s killed off early, so I don’t think that should adjust things much.

I feel like this isn’t actually terribly useful yet, maybe I’ll revisit after I eat 😁
I agree with this post heavily.

I think if we see a mafia flip that had a rose then we’ll be able to point a finger at Chaqa and bb (as you mentioned) but I wouldn’t forget about emc as an additional person who would do some random crazy stuff.

If a mafia has a rose, I would town-lock damo and ghug - they would never put up with a play like that.

worcej

#1326 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:50 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:58 pm
Also if scum took rose in pregame like I think snowy did; then they arent gonna know that town entered game with 9-11 roses. They probably expected at least 4 or 5 trigger happy idiots.
I honestly don’t think there are many players in this game that would be that concerned about it to do it for this reason.

Either they planned for a way to make a ‘clear’ or are guns a-blazing imo

brainbomb

#1327 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:55 am

hi worcej
you are 89% likely to die today.
zero players townread you
youve done nothing memorable
youre never around
absolutely no one has stood up for you

why shuld I ?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1328 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:20 am

worcej wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:43 am
President Eden wrote:
Looks like mafia did get to meet pregame and discuss the matter. I don’t want to put too much emphasis on it, but brainbomb didn’t seem to know that, it’s not something he would forget as mafia, and I doubt he went to the effort of intentionally weaving that into his response earlier. Not impossible, just unlikely. Towncred for you (not that it’s needed at this point).

Given mafia could coordinate pregame, that does raise the likelihood of some next-level shenanigans, but I feel like that would require a very specific mafia team that’s very open to wild fancy plays like that. Chaqa loves those, bb loves those, but bb is town here... I’m not really sure where that rabbit hole goes, and it still seems unlikely to me, but it is interesting.

Stashing the guns for n2/n3 is probably the best move for mafia. Kills = info, so you want to stash them as late as possible if you can. The risk is getting killed before using them. I feel like town probably takes a gun n1 in most cases for the same reason. That raises the likelihood of Chaqa being town, though it also makes sense that he would take it n1 given how frequently he’s killed off early, so I don’t think that should adjust things much.

I feel like this isn’t actually terribly useful yet, maybe I’ll revisit after I eat 😁

I think if we see a mafia flip that had a rose then we’ll be able to point a finger at Chaqa and bb (as you mentioned) but I wouldn’t forget about emc as an additional person who would do some random crazy stuff.

If a mafia has a rose, I would town-lock damo and ghug - they would never put up with a play like that.
Remember when I let you and brain and Bunny kill jasnah over multiple confirmed town?

The X would never let the team do Y arguments are never absolute.

worcej

#1329 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:47 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:08 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:56 pm

Again, You probably arent factoring that scum thought town might have 2 guns or even 1. You dont know from their shoes in that moment if they thought using factional might be more wisely spent on partial self clearing and hope the town guns down other town and then gets elims from town looking sus in killing a guy like jamie or perhaps if ghug is town and they thought ghug was blasting eden.

do the math again from if town has 2 guns and miskills 2 n1
I think any scumteam capable of such a wild play probably also are able to see that most town will have a rose and not a gun. If town shoot himself N1 then scum could win N3, true, but it didn´t happen and I don´t see a scumteam base all his strategy on this happening.
It´s impossible? No. It´s likely? Also no. So we need to work with the more usual possibilities. Snowy will be NKes sooner or later, if he is alive at D4 we can go back to him.
This said, I am starting to get some bad vibes from Damo, so pushing this wagon could be interesting.
My main problem this game is that I have too many scumleans (emc, Johny, Damo, Worcej and Macca) and I am pretty sure I am missing someone.
diversion
deflection
and dismissal

the three d’s of a scumbo

Thank you rivera.

Are you enjoying being scum with damo twice in a row?
Cannot argue - this struck me as rdr defending his team’s strategy.

worcej

#1330 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:50 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:55 am
hi worcej
you are 89% likely to die today.
zero players townread you
youve done nothing memorable
youre never around
absolutely no one has stood up for you

why shuld I ?
Because I am town?

How short of a memory do you have? How have I done nothing even memorable considering I was constantly engaging with you explicitly on D1?

worcej

#1331 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:51 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:20 am
worcej wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Remember when I let you and brain and Bunny kill jasnah over multiple confirmed town?

No, but do you disagree with me? Would you let your scum partners engage in this strategy?

worcej

#1332 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:55 am

Also, the arguments for how I am scum have been postured as an activity reading, which isn’t anything I can really argue back on.

They have completely disregarded any actual opinions I am presenting and I have zero control on if people want to listen to me or not 😛

I am busy atm until Tuesday, then I am back at home/work. If that deserves you wasting a MK on me for, then go for it. But look at those who are basing any vote on me with weak reasoning and run them up next.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1333 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:02 am

worcej wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:51 am
ghug wrote:
worcej wrote:

No, but do you disagree with me? Would you let your scum partners engage in this strategy?
Probably not, but I felt more strongly about not killing jasnah in that game and I lost that battle.

worcej

#1334 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:10 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 pm
Actually never mind, I'm just gonna pick one.

##VOTE damo666

Come out and play.

@worcej - I seem to have missed that you were on vacation. I know the bot was down for a bit which didn't help. What are your thoughts on these people:

ghug - leaning town most out of this group. Initial impression is more engagement but cautious by lack of normal pokes/prods at people (it may be I missed them)
bb - was initially scumming him hard on D1 but began to sense a level of emotion in his postings that I think was real. I think he has done this once as scum, but I cannot remember when strongly enough to disregard it. I am also agreeing with his thinking and observations, which could be more a reflection of me being another person who goes down rabbit holes.
Chaqa - the hardest to peg. Him taking a gun and claiming it absolutely is NAI.
I need to read more, but my vibe is he used the gun in a town-like way. Gameplay does not make me town him though.
damo - I don’t get a strong scum sense from what he has done so far. It could be a hard adaptation to last game, where he was caught rather quickly in my eyes. Null atm
rivera - I feel more and more as I read rdr that he has been poking holes in other people’s reads more than contributing new ideas to the table. This freshly reminds me of last game and I want to scum him for it.
added statements in the quote above.

worcej

#1335 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:11 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:02 am
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:

Probably not, but I felt more strongly about not killing jasnah in that game and I lost that battle.
I didn’t feel like you fought us at all at the time, so I guess my opinion about you not allowing it should be striken if you actually had that much reservation.

worcej

#1336 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:16 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:32 pm
I keep saying kets get damo
and saying rivera might be maf with damo
and people keep voting rivera

no
vote damo

what is wrong with you people
I thought I was gunna 89% die this phase?

worcej

#1337 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:19 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:49 pm
serious question

howd you know damo was drunk? doesnt look like he says that anywhere in the thread.
There are few people here that I can easily know are drunk posting.

Also, in a game of deceit, I don’t read much into someone saying ‘I was drunk’

snowy801

#1338 Post by snowy801 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:21 am

Chaqa - the hardest to peg. Him taking a gun and claiming it absolutely is NAI.
This is such a garbage statement. He knew there were at most 2 guns and came out swinging. If he were scum and two town came out blazing with gun claims he was done for.

I remember worcej being a balanced an intelligent player. This is pure misinformation designed to shade our strongest town read

worcej

#1339 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:22 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:13 pm
But I do wish you'd dispense with this notion that your antics are fondly viewed and only shaded scum looking for an easy excuse. You are at best reluctantly tolerated, and you only continue unharassed due to the goodwill of the members of this community. I hope you will take some time to god damn self reflect how your lack of self control affects dozens of players who pour their time into this game.

But again, after the game.
TBF, there is a decent group of us, myself included, that are reluctantly tolerated.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1340 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:22 am

worcej wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:11 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:02 am
worcej wrote:
I didn’t feel like you fought us at all at the time, so I guess my opinion about you not allowing it should be striken if you actually had that much reservation.
I believe I voiced dissent but was too busy skiing to keep fighting the good fight.