M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 10117
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2412

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1261 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:50 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:12 pm
##Vote Jamiet

Why? Jamiet was on my suspicious list anyway. And I really think the shooter, chaqa and one of the shot, Jamie, is mafia.

Like I said, I don't try to use "reasoning" on evidence that usually isn't really evidence, like some of you.

Example:
Dictatorships are our enemies
UAE is a dictatorship
therefore UAE is our enemy.

That may seem good reasoning, except, dictatorships are not our enemies. And they are allied with Western nations. Good reasoning based on bad premises is worthless. And this is what you guys are doing.

I am trying instead a statistical approach. I make add checks to people's names when things seem fishy. More checks means more likely. Is this the best way? Who knows? It is a probability approac. But you guys are using reason, and therefore a black and white approach, and where does it get you? You all have different conclusions. Makes me think your reason approach is worthless.

I am sure I pissed you all off, but I am right. This game should be played statistically, not based on reasoning.
You have reasons too. Whatever's the basis of your checkmarks.

I'd advise at least also keeping count of things that strike you as townie, because you're otherwise going to be biased towards active players.
Good point. But I gave check marks to all those who don't post a lot too. And I gave check marks to those who post way too much.

I am not suggesting people do what I do. You have your own games, your own styles, and you are experts, and I am the novice. But theoretically, if we all did it like me, all of our biases might cancel out some, and townies would be able to mostly make good choices for who to day kill.
For the record, I'm offering you advice on this because I think it's the start of a good approach. We're all very prone to get stuck in massive confirmation bias feedback loops, and you're already trying to avoid that. I just know from experience that there's often more value in identifying when people do things that scum wouldn't do rather than when they do things that scum would do.
3

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am
Karma: 320

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1262 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 pm
Im voting for damo for about 26 reasons

if youd like me to not list any of those reasons id be happy to just park my vote on him and say nothing else. and stop hijacking the process
Brainbomb, I am confused by what you are writing. I thought you were previously claiming that Chaqa shot Jaime as a ruse and both are scum. But you also think Damo and Rivera are both scum too.

I think you may be right on Rivera, and I think Chaka and Jaime are the other two. If nobody is voting for Chaka and Jaime, I will pile on with PE and you on Geraldo Rivera
2

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5467
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1067

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1263 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:18 pm
i suspect your hard defenses of damo are because you desperately need your scum buddy to be alive.

i might be wrong
its definetely not a reason to claim im misrepping you. you did in fact say johnny was a good kill and that was pretty inconsistent with positions youve taken before. usually you dont base your reads on rallying calls to blast newbs on n1
I have advocated for killing people I don´t think will be good to be alive on milo in many ocasions and I am pretty sure you can find it if you want. I am not a fan of police killing lurkers D1, which is a totally diferent thing.

I think Damo is scummy and want him to be a wagon so I don´t see why you think I am defending him. If I am defending someone it´s Snowy.
2

brainbomb
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4714

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1264 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:28 pm

nope
and just to make this easier im not advocating for us killing snowy or jamie today.

lets get damo.
i dunno how much clearer I can be here?
1

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am
Karma: 320

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1265 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:50 pm


You have reasons too. Whatever's the basis of your checkmarks.

I'd advise at least also keeping count of things that strike you as townie, because you're otherwise going to be biased towards active players.
Good point. But I gave check marks to all those who don't post a lot too. And I gave check marks to those who post way too much.

I am not suggesting people do what I do. You have your own games, your own styles, and you are experts, and I am the novice. But theoretically, if we all did it like me, all of our biases might cancel out some, and townies would be able to mostly make good choices for who to day kill.
For the record, I'm offering you advice on this because I think it's the start of a good approach. We're all very prone to get stuck in massive confirmation bias feedback loops, and you're already trying to avoid that. I just know from experience that there's often more value in identifying when people do things that scum wouldn't do rather than when they do things that scum would do.
Thanks. Wait, so then, this post is something scum wouldn't do. ... oh no! Too obvious. Are you trying to trick me?

##Vote Riviera
2

brainbomb
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4714

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1266 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:30 pm

as far as im concerned the debate about self kill is a dumb thing to be angry about and has nothing to do with why I scumread damo. its not much better than a side talk strategy game theory debate. and is acting as a distraction from damo being obvious scum.

maybe I should just keep saying damo is scum and sending hypnosis vids.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 10117
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2412

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1267 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 pm
Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 pm


Good point. But I gave check marks to all those who don't post a lot too. And I gave check marks to those who post way too much.

I am not suggesting people do what I do. You have your own games, your own styles, and you are experts, and I am the novice. But theoretically, if we all did it like me, all of our biases might cancel out some, and townies would be able to mostly make good choices for who to day kill.
For the record, I'm offering you advice on this because I think it's the start of a good approach. We're all very prone to get stuck in massive confirmation bias feedback loops, and you're already trying to avoid that. I just know from experience that there's often more value in identifying when people do things that scum wouldn't do rather than when they do things that scum would do.
Thanks. Wait, so then, this post is something scum wouldn't do. ... oh no! Too obvious. Are you trying to trick me?

##Vote Riviera
Nah, that's a post I'd make as either alignment.. I'm a sucker for game philosophy discussions.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5467
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1067

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1268 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Ill stop derailing this high quality game with my wacked out theories
its absolutely one flew over the cuckoos nest to read damos ISO and do anything other than finger ones own ass in excitement at how towny he is.
My comment was about your theory that Snowy was scum shot by scumteam. It has nothing to do with Damo, this is what is annoying me.
1

brainbomb
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4714

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1269 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:32 pm

I keep saying kets get damo
and saying rivera might be maf with damo
and people keep voting rivera

no
vote damo

what is wrong with you people
1

brainbomb
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4714

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1270 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:33 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:31 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Ill stop derailing this high quality game with my wacked out theories
its absolutely one flew over the cuckoos nest to read damos ISO and do anything other than finger ones own ass in excitement at how towny he is.
My comment was about your theory that Snowy was scum shot by scumteam. It has nothing to do with Damo, this is what is annoying me.
Yea im over all that. I had 26 reasons why damo is scum and his argument with snowy was exactly 1 of those 26 which still has almost nothing to do with why i scumread damo.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5467
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1067

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1271 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:33 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:30 pm
as far as im concerned the debate about self kill is a dumb thing to be angry about and has nothing to do with why I scumread damo. its not much better than a side talk strategy game theory debate. and is acting as a distraction from damo being obvious scum.

maybe I should just keep saying damo is scum and sending hypnosis vids.
This is exactly what I was tryng to say to you and you called me scummy....
1

brainbomb
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4714

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1272 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:34 pm

All scumreads on damo tie him to snowy by associatives so yes I do think snowy is also scum and proving that is a much higher mountain to overcome than damo and you are generally focusing on the harder part of my argument on purpose
1

brainbomb
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4714

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1273 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:35 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:33 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:30 pm
as far as im concerned the debate about self kill is a dumb thing to be angry about and has nothing to do with why I scumread damo. its not much better than a side talk strategy game theory debate. and is acting as a distraction from damo being obvious scum.

maybe I should just keep saying damo is scum and sending hypnosis vids.
This is exactly what I was tryng to say to you and you called me scummy....
yes because you are diverting to the more spurrious parts of my overall assessments of the game
1

brainbomb
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4714

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1274 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:36 pm

maybe try reading damo day 1 iso
maybe try comparing his play to las game— ONE WHERE YOU WERE FREAKING SCUM WITH HIM????
1

President Eden
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1610

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1275 Post by President Eden » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:36 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:28 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:21 pm


This is so untrue, I am starting to suspect you.
double plus never mind

##VOTE rdrivera2005
You're buying brain's argument?
Not especially, but:

(1) I'm pretty sure bb is town,
(2) Rivera's post there reminded me of last game when he was mafia (if you want to go dig it up specifically, it's our n3 chit-chat right before he shot me), and
(3) While I tend to be skeptical of bb's rabbit holes, I also think he has a pretty good intuition, and I think I add more value to town right now by giving him my vote rather than ineffectually trying to squeeze blood from the worcej stone.
1

President Eden
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1610

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1276 Post by President Eden » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:32 pm
I keep saying kets get damo
and saying rivera might be maf with damo
and people keep voting rivera

no
vote damo

what is wrong with you people
damo's not here and I have the opposite read of you on him anyway. rivera is here and I tend to agree with your conclusion here more, even if I'm also not really seeing the reasoning.
1

brainbomb
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4714

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1277 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm

hes not here because hes waiting for this to blow over
1

President Eden
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1610

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1278 Post by President Eden » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm
hes not here because hes waiting for this to blow over
Aight

##VOTE damo666
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 10117
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2412

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1279 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:33 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:31 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Ill stop derailing this high quality game with my wacked out theories
its absolutely one flew over the cuckoos nest to read damos ISO and do anything other than finger ones own ass in excitement at how towny he is.
My comment was about your theory that Snowy was scum shot by scumteam. It has nothing to do with Damo, this is what is annoying me.
Yea im over all that. I had 26 reasons why damo is scum and his argument with snowy was exactly 1 of those 26 which still has almost nothing to do with why i scumread damo.
Argument with snowy
British
Can't engage with game
Damo is scummy
Early posts were lackluster
Faked towniness
Ghug is town
Has bad posts
Isn't town
Jamie had a rose
Kgray isn't here, but she'd probably scumread him
Last game he was scum
Math
Needs to post more
Orchestrated fake snowy kill
Pride
Quitting threats
Rdrivera is his teammate
Shot snowy probably
Timid
Under the radar
Very scummy
Wants Macca dead
X-factor
Yelled at people
Zombocom
4

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 10117
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2412

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#1280 Post by ghug » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:42 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm
hes not here because hes waiting for this to blow over
Aight

##VOTE damo666
You didn't answer: are you really buying brain's argument here? If so, why?
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests