M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#661 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:49 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm
You couldn't have known and I'm not blaming you, just explaining.
Well, I apologize nonetheless for any additional stressors I may have caused in your life. A game should be fun.

President Eden

#662 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:54 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:49 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:47 pm
You couldn't have known and I'm not blaming you, just explaining.
Well, I apologize nonetheless for any additional stressors I may have caused in your life. A game should be fun.
We're good man, I'm just trying to explain why I might seem short on patience to walk through some things. You didn't do anything wrong and have nothing to apologize for.

I know I didn't really read very heavily when I got up and I wasn't all that helpful. Did you have any outstanding questions you wanted me to answer that I missed or ignored? We've still got an hour by my recollection, and I do think you're town and we're just clashing on personalities, so I don't mind putting in the work to bridge any gaps here.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#663 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 pm

##GM NOTE
Vote Count 1.09

Brainbomb (5) Eden, food, damo, Jamie, snowy
President Eden (3) Johnny, ghug, brain
Foodcoats (2) rdr, HB
e.m.c^42 (2) Chaqa, worcej
Jamiet99uk (1) Macca

One end vote: PE on BB
Non Voting: emc

Presently, brain has the most votes
Around one hour left to EoD.

snowy801

#664 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:54 pm
Did you have any outstanding questions you wanted me to answer that I missed or ignored?
My main issue with you is that you were giving me the result, but [in my opinion] not the work which went into it (sorry I'm a math major - my analogies are consequently terrible). Thus I tried to bait you into a conversation you could not possibly ignore by building a case on you.

In my defense, at the time I thought you were about as likely to be scum as anyone else I was considering in the space, which weren't too many. You, brainbomb, food, worcej, damo) and 2 of those people were the top wagon which made it superfluous. Could still be, for all that matter.

But I believe I have intuited it nonetheless, and woe be me if I am mistaken.

Jamiet99uk

#665 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 pm

##VOTE EMC

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#666 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:01 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 pm
##VOTE EMC
Interesting

Jamiet99uk

#667 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
##VOTE EMC
Interesting
If EMC is town his minimum duty is to try to help us town-sort him.

He is not attempting to do that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#668 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:04 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
##VOTE EMC
Interesting
If EMC is town his minimum duty is to try to help us town-sort him.

He is not attempting to do that.
I agree.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#669 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:12 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:42 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 pm

It's day 1 Brian. I rarely say anything of significance on day 1.

Oh, and somebody kill that parrot!
Well, I do think that you suggesting BB needs to be the daykill, even if town, is pretty significant.
You may be right, Brian... damo is a little more "aggressive" than his usual D1. Maybe it's just evolution but... it is different.
Aggressive? That's not exactly what I would call it, lol. However, Damo did respond in a fairly adequate (to me) way.

snowy801

#670 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:13 pm

I also agree, but argue that if EMC does not vote today he would naturally be subbed out (assuming I remember those rules correctly) and if he does come in last second to contribute nothing but to stay alive, well, we know exactly what to do with people like that.

Given the above premise, voting him today seems a bit counter productive, no?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#671 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Won't be on much until EOD so let's spank this together:

1. Damo666 - down to a nulltown, I like HB's point about damo being a little more active/adamant than he usually is as town on D1
2. ghug - nullscum; this is somewhat predicated on an association between him and brain and my brainread, so I'll keep it on a low simmer, but I think his comments like just blabbing that Eden is "fake" and saying "Hi Ezio" demonstrate a lack of care about the game state; and this might suggest, unfortunately, that both brain and PE are town
3. Jamiet99uk (He/Him) - still null, I am not sure what scum Jamie looks like; he looks like town Jamie here but town Jamie's acerbic attitude is hard to sort
4. Worcej - nullscum, I didn't like that waffley vote on emc with the option to vote for whoever he likes
5. brainbomb - ugh, now that I am updating this I feel like ghug and worcej are objectively thread-scummier and I am scumming brain purely on numbers, which might be a terrible mistake
6. foodcoats - :evil:
7. Eden - townlead
8. Macca573 (They/Them) nullscum
9. Rdrivera2005 - townlean, I feel rdr is well within his town range... I feel he looks a little more "squirrely" or "slippery" when he is scum
10. Brian - townlean, I think I am getting to know Brian's way of playing and he looks pretty normal here
11. Chaqa - null... I don't like some of the stuff Chaqa has done but elsewhere he has seemed transparent, so, null
12. EMC - null for lack of participation, hopefully modkilled
13. snowy - null... very on the fence here, snowy is either very scummy or very townie
14. Johnny Big Horse - null, but I am starting to lean town on vibes (ugh, I hate saying that)
I HATE this reads list

brainbomb

#672 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 pm

1. Damo666
damo has a very distinct scum style which tends to wear shame more openly. His town play is more unapologetically snide and succint. Out the gate he attacked and whether wrong on me or not has never altered my read on him heavily. I mostly think he is town. Town.

2. ghug
Ive never felt ghug was scum. He made some extremely telling posts about why his read on me had evolved. His pushes dont feel like a scum who wants a cheap easy option. His curiousity about johnny made sense. Overall I find myself annoyed by ghug but not buddied or manipulated by. Town.

3. Jamiet99uk (He/Him)
Jamie would only be scum if its with snowy. he hAd a few moments where I started to wonder if he knew the answers but just wanted me to be wrong. Really the strong tells in his play come from when he is certain as shit that im scum. his play at that point was annoying but it was exactly how hungry town behave when they think the guy up for elim is squirming and revealing townclears. Jamie looked hungry to catch my whole team which is only possible if hes town. Town.

4. Worcej
Very null
I cant tell if worcej just wanted to hide behind me as I got ravaged or if worcej actually wanted to ever fight to save my life. He seemed to echo my reads and ideas as if he was an extension of me. Null

5. brainbomb
I am Town. I did choose a rose with a N3 activation because I play better as time goes on. I assumed id be able to pick a rose and none of what ended up happening would happen. I guess I thought people wouldnt actually care what was said in a channel that wasnt the game.

6. foodcoats
I have reconsidered my position here somewhat and food is null now. I dont know if my spewing argument was him actually being opportunistic or actually thinking he caught me. Either way using both math andvthe reasons he did to off me is not necessarilt scummy. Null

7. Eden
Also a reconsider but less than Food. I think town eden would be more outgoing and less reliant on marginal thinking. This isnt a sort by pregame game and I think his push on me comes more from ego to survive than it does from certainty of my guilt. Scum

8. Macca573 (They/Them)
Did barely enough to stay off the radar. Overall unhelpful and far tooo many excuses were made for this playstyle regression. slight scum

9. Rdrivera2005
Strongly town but it could be me being blindsided and white knighted. If he survives to F3 that would be a major sign hes scum. i think hes actually top town however and any inklings of paranoia I feel inclined to swallow and ignore. Town

10. Brian
I havent seen anything which wowed me to a point of confdence he was town. The reads list may have been piggy backing off of foodcoats. Slight Scum

11. Chaqa
I dont think chaqa is scum. I dont really care if he has a gun or not. I have no great reason to townread chaqa but hes probably town. Town

12. EMC
Posts aint great
activity aint great
overdue to be scum even though gambler fallacy shit
Not confident in this lil piggy
Slight scum

13. snowy
Lots of posts
Rude
Dismissive
Uncaring
and Tryhard to an absurd level
Constantly self contradicting and hedging others
Strong Scum

14. Johnny Big Horse
Not a great start. Learning slowly, unafraid. Limited experience but has instincts based on avalon. Keep alive and give him a break on keeping up. make sure he answers my questions.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#673 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 pm
If you’re town and you’re seeing what I’m seeing about brainbomb’s panicking indicating caught mafia then I really need you to move to him. We need at least six votes because there’s three mafia, snowy is throwing, and poor Johnny is at a funeral and won’t realistically have time to catch up and reassess. I’m pretty sure I remember rivera seeing what I see, maybe there’s some others I’m forgetting, but the wagons today are me and bb and we’re already down two town so we really need to rally together. Thanks.
What do you mean "snowy is throwing."

From what I see, Rivera hasn't moved yet. You're equating brainbomb's performance through D1 as panicking because they outed themselves?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#674 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:15 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 pm
If you’re town and you’re seeing what I’m seeing about brainbomb’s panicking indicating caught mafia then I really need you to move to him. We need at least six votes because there’s three mafia, snowy is throwing, and poor Johnny is at a funeral and won’t realistically have time to catch up and reassess. I’m pretty sure I remember rivera seeing what I see, maybe there’s some others I’m forgetting, but the wagons today are me and bb and we’re already down two town so we really need to rally together. Thanks.
Why Food isn´t a wagon anymore is beyong my comprehension.

Snowy reasoning could make sense, but still not totally convinced and this whole team gotcha isn´t my personal preference.

Add to this that I won´t be around at EOD (will leave 15 minutes before and can´t play while driving this time) and I just don´t know where to vote now. Have still 30 minutes.

President Eden

#675 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:15 pm

I have some ideas as to why, but of all the people who have the same such duty, why emc and why now? Based on his normal play patterns, I’m unsure what you’re expecting to see here.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#676 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:15 pm

##VOTE food

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#677 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:16 pm

Brain seems town to me.

Eden also seems town to me.

Where's EMC?

President Eden

#678 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:17 pm

bb can have a day.

##VOTE ghug

Chaqa’s just going to have to settle for hipfiring emc

President Eden

#679 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:19 pm

snowy801 wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:54 pm
Did you have any outstanding questions you wanted me to answer that I missed or ignored?
My main issue with you is that you were giving me the result, but [in my opinion] not the work which went into it (sorry I'm a math major - my analogies are consequently terrible). Thus I tried to bait you into a conversation you could not possibly ignore by building a case on you.

In my defense, at the time I thought you were about as likely to be scum as anyone else I was considering in the space, which weren't too many. You, brainbomb, food, worcej, damo) and 2 of those people were the top wagon which made it superfluous. Could still be, for all that matter.

But I believe I have intuited it nonetheless, and woe be me if I am mistaken.
I have a couple of posts I could link again where I show the best work I can do for day 1. If you're a math guy then you're going to hate it lol, day 1 isn't about getting it right but about taking your best shot and pressing what you think you have to try to get answers. That's just kinda how it goes.

President Eden

#680 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:16 pm
Brain seems town to me.

Eden also seems town to me.

Where's EMC?
If he doesn't vote he gets replaced or modkilled
If he does show up just to vote and skates by, shoot him
If he shows up and starts playing for real, then we let him go

Yeah?