M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
President Eden
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1549

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#621 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 pm

If you’re town and you’re seeing what I’m seeing about brainbomb’s panicking indicating caught mafia then I really need you to move to him. We need at least six votes because there’s three mafia, snowy is throwing, and poor Johnny is at a funeral and won’t realistically have time to catch up and reassess. I’m pretty sure I remember rivera seeing what I see, maybe there’s some others I’m forgetting, but the wagons today are me and bb and we’re already down two town so we really need to rally together. Thanks.
2

President Eden
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1549

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#622 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:47 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:43 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:34 pm
I would like to know why I have literally any votes on me right now
This is fake too.
None of it is, and you’re not going to get a rise out of me like in M64. You’re next. Hopefully I’m wrong about Chaqa and he sends you to the God thread with the quickness
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9618
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2078

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#623 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi Ezio.
3

snowy801
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 548

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#624 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:56 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:47 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:43 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:34 pm
I would like to know why I have literally any votes on me right now
This is fake too.
None of it is, and you’re not going to get a rise out of me like in M64. You’re next. Hopefully I’m wrong about Chaqa and he sends you to the God thread with the quickness
Two parts here:

Original question: I went on it in length but I will reiterate because it is relevant to the second part - you speak with authority when you have none. Even now, you act as though you know with absolute certainty that ghug is scum, and you have no means to know that. You may think you do, which would quite literally make you insane, but reality does not conform to your ideals.

So you force me to weight the chance that you are a literally insane psycho vs. the chance of you speaking with an agenda. That is why you are being voted.

If even once in this entire game you demonstrated a desire to figure out what is going on instead of just informing the world that you have all the answers, as though Vecna just gave you the roles list on a platter, this would not be happening. Does this necessarily make you scum? No, but I think to assume the alternative would be far too patronizing for even my liking.

Get over yourself, please.
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 934

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#625 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm

I notice Macca parked Jamie today. Macca did this in '66 as scum; in '67 as town, Macca made two D1 votes.

And I think Snowy made some good points about how Macca offered up a lot of commentary on things not related to the game.

Watch that spot...
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 934

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#626 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:58 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:56 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:47 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:43 pm


This is fake too.
None of it is, and you’re not going to get a rise out of me like in M64. You’re next. Hopefully I’m wrong about Chaqa and he sends you to the God thread with the quickness
Two parts here:

Original question: I went on it in length but I will reiterate because it is relevant to the second part - you speak with authority when you have none. Even now, you act as though you know with absolute certainty that ghug is scum, and you have no means to know that. You may think you do, which would quite literally make you insane, but reality does not conform to your ideals.

So you force me to weight the chance that you are a literally insane psycho vs. the chance of you speaking with an agenda. That is why you are being voted.

If even once in this entire game you demonstrated a desire to figure out what is going on instead of just informing the world that you have all the answers, as though Vecna just gave you the roles list on a platter, this would not be happening. Does this necessarily make you scum? No, but I think to assume the alternative would be far too patronizing for even my liking.

Get over yourself, please.
Do you think certainty is more likely to be presented by town or by scum? Why?
2

President Eden
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1549

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#627 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:58 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:56 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:47 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:43 pm


This is fake too.
None of it is, and you’re not going to get a rise out of me like in M64. You’re next. Hopefully I’m wrong about Chaqa and he sends you to the God thread with the quickness
Two parts here:

Original question: I went on it in length but I will reiterate because it is relevant to the second part - you speak with authority when you have none. Even now, you act as though you know with absolute certainty that ghug is scum, and you have no means to know that. You may think you do, which would quite literally make you insane, but reality does not conform to your ideals.

So you force me to weight the chance that you are a literally insane psycho vs. the chance of you speaking with an agenda. That is why you are being voted.

If even once in this entire game you demonstrated a desire to figure out what is going on instead of just informing the world that you have all the answers, as though Vecna just gave you the roles list on a platter, this would not be happening. Does this necessarily make you scum? No, but I think to assume the alternative would be far too patronizing for even my liking.

Get over yourself, please.
You are reading way too much into my posting style. I am highly confident brainbomb and ghug are mafia and am speaking accordingly. I've backed up my arguments with ample evidence that you are now pretending I didn't post simply because you didn't personally like said evidence. You're wrong about me, you're probably wrong about them, and when this information comes to light later on I hope you remember this interaction and maybe stop reading sentiments into people's posts that aren't there at all. I told you once already that you were and you didn't listen or seem to care.
2

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5180
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 936

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#628 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:31 pm
##Call GM
can we please stop the +1 after today.
Hell no - I like my fake internet points going up.

Anyways - My opinion on each wagon:
  • BB - I've liked the later posts of D1 to buy him a phase. His initial defense to suspicion was downright bad, so he's no where near my town-core yet. But the level of loathing/annoyance now fits a dejected town player that I've seen him do too many times not to notice it.
  • Food - Food's put a lot of thought into the Chaqa and snowy, yet is still on BB. This seems opportunistic given that a day ago his vote when to BB when he was lead wagon. He doesn't seem adamant enough about his reads to start something with the amount of time available.
  • Eden - I think eden came into the game like a dick, but his arguments and reasoning for his stance are articulated well and are based in logic. He is operating off the level of town information/assumptions and is the most townie of these 3.
I feel like EMC is going to get subbed out at this rate, which I'll be okay with since it's D1. If he somehow manages to get his vote in and avoid sub, I 100% support shooting him. But I'm interested in seeing what happens if I do this:

##vote EMC

If this doesn't take off, my vote is going to food by EOD.

Quick TL;DR of my analysis of the wagons - Order of scummiest: Food >> BB >>>> Eden
I agree with the wagon analysis (just put BB and Eden at same level and I don´t want to DK any of them).
I don´t agree with emc vote. If he is going to be subbed why DK him? It´s a random choice considering his (lack of) posts.
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 934

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#629 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:03 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:31 pm
##Call GM
can we please stop the +1 after today.
Hell no - I like my fake internet points going up.

Anyways - My opinion on each wagon:
  • BB - I've liked the later posts of D1 to buy him a phase. His initial defense to suspicion was downright bad, so he's no where near my town-core yet. But the level of loathing/annoyance now fits a dejected town player that I've seen him do too many times not to notice it.
  • Food - Food's put a lot of thought into the Chaqa and snowy, yet is still on BB. This seems opportunistic given that a day ago his vote when to BB when he was lead wagon. He doesn't seem adamant enough about his reads to start something with the amount of time available.
  • Eden - I think eden came into the game like a dick, but his arguments and reasoning for his stance are articulated well and are based in logic. He is operating off the level of town information/assumptions and is the most townie of these 3.
I feel like EMC is going to get subbed out at this rate, which I'll be okay with since it's D1. If he somehow manages to get his vote in and avoid sub, I 100% support shooting him. But I'm interested in seeing what happens if I do this:

##vote EMC

If this doesn't take off, my vote is going to food by EOD.

Quick TL;DR of my analysis of the wagons - Order of scummiest: Food >> BB >>>> Eden
I liked worcej at the beginning, but Snowy was prodding worcej about not voting, which is interesting, because I think worcej is usually a pretty fun and loose voter... maybe I'm wrong? But it also does strike me as odd worcej didn't vote earlier in the day.

And then, this final post by worcej is super hedgy. I don't know that I've ever seen worcej be this hedgy. He basically concludes I am scum without quite saying it and he could've helped drive my wagon ahead of the PE or brain wagons, who he thinks are less scummy. And instead he sticks a policy vote... with the option to switch to... any of the three wagons!

WEAK. And very scummy and out of character for worcej, who is usually very adamant and strident and fixated, not waffly toffey.
2

snowy801
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 548

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#630 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:06 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:58 pm
You are reading way too much into my posting style. I am highly confident brainbomb and ghug are mafia and am speaking accordingly. I've backed up my arguments with ample evidence that you are now pretending I didn't post simply because you didn't personally like said evidence. You're wrong about me, you're probably wrong about them, and when this information comes to light later on I hope you remember this interaction and maybe stop reading sentiments into people's posts that aren't there at all. I told you once already that you were and you didn't listen or seem to care.
You may well be correct. I already acknowledge this possibility, which is why I did not do so again.

What I am telling you is that it is not enough to be correct. This is a team game, and you are playing single player.

@food

The wifom train has no stops, so that's a difficult question to answer. In this semi-vanilla world the only person you have certain information is yourself, and as scum, your teammates. But I argue here that if we are allowed to praise/condemn people for showing a willingness to "hunt", or lack thereof, we can certainly consider PE's behavior as alignment indicative.
2

snowy801
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 548

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#631 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:07 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:03 pm
I liked worcej at the beginning, but Snowy was prodding worcej about not voting, which is interesting, because I think worcej is usually a pretty fun and loose voter... maybe I'm wrong? But it also does strike me as odd worcej didn't vote earlier in the day.

And then, this final post by worcej is super hedgy. I don't know that I've ever seen worcej be this hedgy. He basically concludes I am scum without quite saying it and he could've helped drive my wagon ahead of the PE or brain wagons, who he thinks are less scummy. And instead he sticks a policy vote... with the option to switch to... any of the three wagons!

WEAK. And very scummy and out of character for worcej, who is usually very adamant and strident and fixated, not waffly toffey.
I do not argue for or against worcej either way, but I did delve back into the past few games (worcej was in the past 3 in a row, I think, or 3/4) and he does in fact not vote until near end of day.

Not this close to near end of day, though, which is somewhat interesting. The times I vaguely recall before (don't quote me) were like 9 hours, 16 hours out of deadline.
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 934

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#632 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm

Won't be on much until EOD so let's spank this together:

1. Damo666 - down to a nulltown, I like HB's point about damo being a little more active/adamant than he usually is as town on D1
2. ghug - nullscum; this is somewhat predicated on an association between him and brain and my brainread, so I'll keep it on a low simmer, but I think his comments like just blabbing that Eden is "fake" and saying "Hi Ezio" demonstrate a lack of care about the game state; and this might suggest, unfortunately, that both brain and PE are town
3. Jamiet99uk (He/Him) - still null, I am not sure what scum Jamie looks like; he looks like town Jamie here but town Jamie's acerbic attitude is hard to sort
4. Worcej - nullscum, I didn't like that waffley vote on emc with the option to vote for whoever he likes
5. brainbomb - ugh, now that I am updating this I feel like ghug and worcej are objectively thread-scummier and I am scumming brain purely on numbers, which might be a terrible mistake
6. foodcoats - :evil:
7. Eden - townlead
8. Macca573 (They/Them) nullscum
9. Rdrivera2005 - townlean, I feel rdr is well within his town range... I feel he looks a little more "squirrely" or "slippery" when he is scum
10. Brian - townlean, I think I am getting to know Brian's way of playing and he looks pretty normal here
11. Chaqa - null... I don't like some of the stuff Chaqa has done but elsewhere he has seemed transparent, so, null
12. EMC - null for lack of participation, hopefully modkilled
13. snowy - null... very on the fence here, snowy is either very scummy or very townie
14. Johnny Big Horse - null, but I am starting to lean town on vibes (ugh, I hate saying that)
3

foodcoats
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 934

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#633 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:11 pm

And god dammit now I don't totally like voting for brain, but I am going to stick with it because I townread Eden and he thinks similarly to me, and worcej made me think about how getting hyped and razzled towards EOD can lead to bad decisions. This is just performance anxiety as they say I guess.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9618
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2078

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#634 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:12 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Won't be on much until EOD so let's spank this together:

1. Damo666 - down to a nulltown, I like HB's point about damo being a little more active/adamant than he usually is as town on D1
2. ghug - nullscum; this is somewhat predicated on an association between him and brain and my brainread, so I'll keep it on a low simmer, but I think his comments like just blabbing that Eden is "fake" and saying "Hi Ezio" demonstrate a lack of care about the game state; and this might suggest, unfortunately, that both brain and PE are town
3. Jamiet99uk (He/Him) - still null, I am not sure what scum Jamie looks like; he looks like town Jamie here but town Jamie's acerbic attitude is hard to sort
4. Worcej - nullscum, I didn't like that waffley vote on emc with the option to vote for whoever he likes
5. brainbomb - ugh, now that I am updating this I feel like ghug and worcej are objectively thread-scummier and I am scumming brain purely on numbers, which might be a terrible mistake
6. foodcoats - :evil:
7. Eden - townlead
8. Macca573 (They/Them) nullscum
9. Rdrivera2005 - townlean, I feel rdr is well within his town range... I feel he looks a little more "squirrely" or "slippery" when he is scum
10. Brian - townlean, I think I am getting to know Brian's way of playing and he looks pretty normal here
11. Chaqa - null... I don't like some of the stuff Chaqa has done but elsewhere he has seemed transparent, so, null
12. EMC - null for lack of participation, hopefully modkilled
13. snowy - null... very on the fence here, snowy is either very scummy or very townie
14. Johnny Big Horse - null, but I am starting to lean town on vibes (ugh, I hate saying that)
Where's the association between me and brain in your brain read?
2

President Eden
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 1549

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#635 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:12 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:06 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:58 pm
You are reading way too much into my posting style. I am highly confident brainbomb and ghug are mafia and am speaking accordingly. I've backed up my arguments with ample evidence that you are now pretending I didn't post simply because you didn't personally like said evidence. You're wrong about me, you're probably wrong about them, and when this information comes to light later on I hope you remember this interaction and maybe stop reading sentiments into people's posts that aren't there at all. I told you once already that you were and you didn't listen or seem to care.
You may well be correct. I already acknowledge this possibility, which is why I did not do so again.

What I am telling you is that it is not enough to be correct. This is a team game, and you are playing single player.

@food

The wifom train has no stops, so that's a difficult question to answer. In this semi-vanilla world the only person you have certain information is yourself, and as scum, your teammates. But I argue here that if we are allowed to praise/condemn people for showing a willingness to "hunt", or lack thereof, we can certainly consider PE's behavior as alignment indicative.
No I'm not. I'm just not playing the way you want me to play. You keep acting all high-minded and tut-tutting me for alleged arrogance that isn't there while demanding that I play in a way that satisfies you specifically. I have repeatedly made my case on brainbomb and voiced my strong suspicions of ghug, and I've reached out to the people on my team who I think will actually listen and consider my case. If you're not in that number then maybe reflect on why that is instead of continuing to insult me personally and read sentiments that don't exist into my posts, and whether your behavior is at all tied to that assessment.
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 934

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#636 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 pm

I have too many scums.

Suddenly I feel most confident in scumreading ghug.

I make my saving throw.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9618
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2078

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#637 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 pm

Doubling down on the shitty reads lists is a thing.
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 934

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#638 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:12 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Won't be on much until EOD so let's spank this together:

1. Damo666 - down to a nulltown, I like HB's point about damo being a little more active/adamant than he usually is as town on D1
2. ghug - nullscum; this is somewhat predicated on an association between him and brain and my brainread, so I'll keep it on a low simmer, but I think his comments like just blabbing that Eden is "fake" and saying "Hi Ezio" demonstrate a lack of care about the game state; and this might suggest, unfortunately, that both brain and PE are town
3. Jamiet99uk (He/Him) - still null, I am not sure what scum Jamie looks like; he looks like town Jamie here but town Jamie's acerbic attitude is hard to sort
4. Worcej - nullscum, I didn't like that waffley vote on emc with the option to vote for whoever he likes
5. brainbomb - ugh, now that I am updating this I feel like ghug and worcej are objectively thread-scummier and I am scumming brain purely on numbers, which might be a terrible mistake
6. foodcoats - :evil:
7. Eden - townlead
8. Macca573 (They/Them) nullscum
9. Rdrivera2005 - townlean, I feel rdr is well within his town range... I feel he looks a little more "squirrely" or "slippery" when he is scum
10. Brian - townlean, I think I am getting to know Brian's way of playing and he looks pretty normal here
11. Chaqa - null... I don't like some of the stuff Chaqa has done but elsewhere he has seemed transparent, so, null
12. EMC - null for lack of participation, hopefully modkilled
13. snowy - null... very on the fence here, snowy is either very scummy or very townie
14. Johnny Big Horse - null, but I am starting to lean town on vibes (ugh, I hate saying that)
Where's the association between me and brain in your brain read?
As I stated earlier I think you were doing groundwork to bus brain when you said "lol brain is obvscum" or whatever.
2

foodcoats
Posts: 2662
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 934

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#639 Post by foodcoats » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 pm
Doubling down on the shitty reads lists is a thing.
Continuing to think about the game is a thing.

Why don't you say hello to the Google Bot that's here?
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 9618
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 2078

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#640 Post by ghug » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:15 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:12 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Won't be on much until EOD so let's spank this together:

1. Damo666 - down to a nulltown, I like HB's point about damo being a little more active/adamant than he usually is as town on D1
2. ghug - nullscum; this is somewhat predicated on an association between him and brain and my brainread, so I'll keep it on a low simmer, but I think his comments like just blabbing that Eden is "fake" and saying "Hi Ezio" demonstrate a lack of care about the game state; and this might suggest, unfortunately, that both brain and PE are town
3. Jamiet99uk (He/Him) - still null, I am not sure what scum Jamie looks like; he looks like town Jamie here but town Jamie's acerbic attitude is hard to sort
4. Worcej - nullscum, I didn't like that waffley vote on emc with the option to vote for whoever he likes
5. brainbomb - ugh, now that I am updating this I feel like ghug and worcej are objectively thread-scummier and I am scumming brain purely on numbers, which might be a terrible mistake
6. foodcoats - :evil:
7. Eden - townlead
8. Macca573 (They/Them) nullscum
9. Rdrivera2005 - townlean, I feel rdr is well within his town range... I feel he looks a little more "squirrely" or "slippery" when he is scum
10. Brian - townlean, I think I am getting to know Brian's way of playing and he looks pretty normal here
11. Chaqa - null... I don't like some of the stuff Chaqa has done but elsewhere he has seemed transparent, so, null
12. EMC - null for lack of participation, hopefully modkilled
13. snowy - null... very on the fence here, snowy is either very scummy or very townie
14. Johnny Big Horse - null, but I am starting to lean town on vibes (ugh, I hate saying that)
Where's the association between me and brain in your brain read?
As I stated earlier I think you were doing groundwork to bus brain when you said "lol brain is obvscum" or whatever.
I'd call it more than groundwork, whether it's a bus or not. I was pushing him pretty hard there. I've come around to a townlean on him, though.
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests