M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#341 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:27 pm
Hat tip to the people that mentioned PE's entrance. I'm not a fan of it. I am not sure if it is indicative of anything but I'll lean into it as not pro-town. Will there be consequences to town for this entrance? Consequence to Eden? Maybe. Would scum enter the game like that? My gut says "no." Scum do better not bringing blatant attention to themselves.

Anyway, just reaffirms that we're (town) idiots.

Brian
Rivera
Snowy
Worcej
-------------- The group above this line are offering clear reads or questions.
Food
Brain
Chaqa ( I don't think they'd claim a gun as scum, at this point they'd be a total lock for a DK, so they might be a bit more town).
Ghug
Jamie
PE
John
Macca
EMC
Damo

Obviously will evolve over the next 24 hours.
@ghug?

brainbomb

#342 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:33 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:33 pm
1. Damo666 - townlean
2. ghug - null
3. Jamiet99uk (He/Him) - ... null
4. Worcej - strong townlean
5. brainbomb - scumlean
6. foodcoats - :evil:
7. Eden - ... null ... town. nulltown.
8. Macca573 (They/Them) ... nullscum.
9. Rdrivera2005 - strong townlean.
10. Brian - null
11. Chaqa - bad, idiot
12. EMC - also bad idiot
13. snowy - strong townlean
14. Johnny Big Horse - null
@ghug

brainbomb

#343 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:19 pm
ghug
Jamiet99uk
Snowy
Brainbomb
rdrivera
Worcej
Eden
Chaqa
Big Horse
Macca
Brian
food
damo
emc (needed to look at Jamie's)

This exercise is less useful when done by multiple people in a short timeframe. I'm fairly sure I forgot emc because snowy did (or rather that I remembered others because he'd listed them).
@ghug?

brainbomb

#344 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:15 pm
@Snowy:

Jamiet99uk
Snowy
Brainbomb
Ghug
Chaqa
President Eden
Damo
Worcej
Emc
Rdrivera
Jonathan Large Horse
Hamilton Brian
Macca
Foodcost
Dargorygel
Vecna

Do I win?
@ghug?

brainbomb

#345 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:34 pm

Are you just being a douche to troll me or are you not reading the game at all?

snowy801

#346 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 pm

I don't think brainbomb understands what a reads list is, which is fine. I think we should ignore and move on lest the conversation derails even further.

ghug, other than your Dear John, who would you say was noteworthy today in either their scumminess or towniness? Just one specific person, to focus the discussion, if you wouldn't mind.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#347 Post by ghug » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:32 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:27 pm
Hat tip to the people that mentioned PE's entrance. I'm not a fan of it. I am not sure if it is indicative of anything but I'll lean into it as not pro-town. Will there be consequences to town for this entrance? Consequence to Eden? Maybe. Would scum enter the game like that? My gut says "no." Scum do better not bringing blatant attention to themselves.

Anyway, just reaffirms that we're (town) idiots.

Brian
Rivera
Snowy
Worcej
-------------- The group above this line are offering clear reads or questions.
Food
Brain
Chaqa ( I don't think they'd claim a gun as scum, at this point they'd be a total lock for a DK, so they might be a bit more town).
Ghug
Jamie
PE
John
Macca
EMC
Damo

Obviously will evolve over the next 24 hours.
@ghug?
OK, I suppose it's not really clear to me whether this is a reads list or not. The only other reads list you quoted is foodcoats's. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this other than that you're not reading closely.

@Brian, is this a reads list?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#348 Post by ghug » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:37 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 pm
I don't think brainbomb understands what a reads list is, which is fine. I think we should ignore and move on lest the conversation derails even further.

ghug, other than your Dear John, who would you say was noteworthy today in either their scumminess or towniness? Just one specific person, to focus the discussion, if you wouldn't mind.
ghug is pretty towny imo

snowy801

#349 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:38 pm

I venture the idea of policy voting ghug on the premise that having someone this dumb in our ranks will lower our collective IQs to single digits and make us lose the game.

foodcoats

#350 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:39 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:14 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:58 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:48 pm
It is interesting to me that of food's 3 strong townreads, 2 are currently voting for him. [rdrivera, snowy (me!)]

The other two are null [Hamilton] and slight scum [brainbomb]

Why do you think seemingly town players have chosen to be voting for you at this time? I mean that in the sense that how do you interpret my and rdrivera's justifications, and see it as being part of town play?
rdr misunderstood why I was voting for brainbomb. He'll figure it out eventually (someone already pointed out he probably didn't pay attention to the signup thread where brain hardclaimed gun, which is what I glommed onto + the ratios meaning brain has great equity to be scum).

I'm actually not sure why you're voting for me.

I'm not basing my reads of either of you off your reads of me. If you are town, there's really no relationship between me being town and you being town and you voting for me. That just happens.
Understood.

Not to pile onto the bandwagon further (not that I could), but since you appear to be the topic of the hour...

You have had reason to suspect brainbomb of being scum from the start of the game. Having read his words and actions thus far which are plentiful, would you say you have comfortably identified specific notes which further solidify what appears to be a lasting scumread on him, or perhaps do the reverse?
Honestly I find reading brain to be quite difficult. His reactions to his wagon are NAI from my perspective. What has been more intriguing until now is that he hasn’t tinfoiled on anyone really hard, though he’s now starting to do that on me.

foodcoats

#351 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:32 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:25 pm
Just as a fun mental exercise, try to recall all the players currently in the game and see whose names comes up in what order, and who doesn't come up at all.

Mine was like this, and I don't think the first few are particularly indicative, merely the order in which I wrote down:

rdrivera
ghug
brainbomb
jamiet
emc
damo
worcej
chaqa

--here was where I struggled to remember names
snowy
johnny big horse
president eden

--here was where I didn't recall names at all
foodcoats
macca
hamilton brian

Now once I read the name off the cheat sheet, foodcoats and hamilton brian's contribution was evident to me and I was just unfamiliar with them, but macca was immediately noted to me as yet being entirely uncontributing.

Which is not to say he's the only one, merely that he stood out. You don't have to share your results necessarily, I just thought it was useful.

@ghug?
It’s interesting brain doesn’t realize this is not a reads list.

Are you reading the game, brain, or just spewing?

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#352 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:43 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:38 pm
I venture the idea of policy voting ghug on the premise that having someone this dumb in our ranks will lower our collective IQs to single digits and make us lose the game.
Why is ghug dumb? I am the clueless one here. What is ghug's tell?

foodcoats

#353 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:43 pm

snowy801 wrote:

I don’t think we should ignore it at all. Brain is very experienced and is usually very very perceptive.

Why are you defending him?

foodcoats

#354 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Like, brain knows what a reads list is. So he’s not reading the game context. And he is usually one of the best people at synthesizing all the information going on and spitting it back out.

brainbomb

#355 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Macca made a huge skill level leap past game. There is a drop off so far in investment level and behavior. They had grown into a new town player— all ive seen so far is a regression back to low involvement and lurking.

If there is a diamond in the rough town so far its chaqa. I cant wrap my head around any actual reason to scumread chaqa. which isnt enough for most folks but im all about lifting up our weakest folk and sorting from bottom tier up. Chaqa doesnt have to do much here as scum because people are tired of killing him. Sparing him in his supposed last game is kinda dumb because he always survives as scum and dies as town. im at the hope he is town point of mind

foodcoats

#356 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:45 pm

##VOTE brainbomb

I like the stock

brainbomb

#357 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 pm

I did not realize at glance that some of those were some other kind of lists. I thought everyone was sorting players by most towny to least towny. So I guess only 2 ppl made reads lists. the rest were lists of some crap snowy wanted

brainbomb

#358 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:49 pm

im having a hard time buying that youd think as a 2 wagon id start thread spewing now when I couldve done that as a 5 wagon when the whole world appeared to be against me

brainbomb

#359 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:44 pm
Like, brain knows what a reads list is. So he’s not reading the game context. And he is usually one of the best people at synthesizing all the information going on and spitting it back out.
why are you trying to change your playstyle that got you townread two games in a row?

snowy801

#360 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:54 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:43 pm
snowy801 wrote:

I don’t think we should ignore it at all. Brain is very experienced and is usually very very perceptive.

Why are you defending him?
Interesting that you would see this as a defense, but I shall give my opinion.

I used to like brainbomb, and defended his character in the past.

Having seen his behavior in this game, outside of which I have no context, I can only assume he has devolved into a self containing ball of narcissism that cannot perceive of a world where he thinks of something other than himself. I do not believe he is playing in good faith, and so do not care to hear his comments nor encourage it. He will speak regardless.

I don't believe any conversation regarding him aside from the one in which we judge whether he is town or scum is valuable, and will always steer away from one that becomes his own production stage.

I have considered proposing a policy lynch on him based on the above statements, but realized that such a thing would be counter productive until end of day regardless, and policy lynches are in general dumb. I suppose I shall have to simply endure.

That being said, I recognize the irony of this post. It shall be the last one, I promise.

brainbomb does theoretically know what a read list is. I have noted the discrepancy, but that doesn't mean I think there's value in continuing to talk about it.
Why is ghug dumb? I am the clueless one here. What is ghug's tell?
It was a semi-joke post pinging off the post immediately preceding it (sorry I didn't quote it), but I stand by my position.