M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#181 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:03 pm

Bb, I'm not sure I follow the logic of mafia taking rose being devastating to town. How would that be so?
Snowy, what's your experience playing before? You seem to have come in with a very methodical style, no beating-around-the-bush.
My experience playing is somewhat all over the place. I would say I started somewhat similar to how I am trying to kick off now, though I am sad to say that I significantly devolved to the sort of strange mix of angry/apathetic toxic mixture which you may often witness in these games. I saw this in myself and sort of took off, but here I am again. I would also venture that I have changed significantly as a person in the past three years.

My game philosophy is similar to my general problem solving philosophy as a whole - you will always tend to a better solution by considering the problem rather than immediately attempting a conclusion. Many of our fellow players have no issues with presenting themselves to the known wide world, and their actions will not generally interest me except in the form of small notes I'm taking until we near the end of the phase, where I can consider the evidence in full. I will always tend to attempt to coax more pieces out of the unknowns.

I am strongly in favor of being honest to town, against the popular notion of being ambiguous or deceptive in an attempt to deceive scum.

I am strongly in favor of consolidating thoughts to present in a single post, as people's ability to recall and organize ideas are limited and scattered posts are difficult to parse.

I am also more limited on time than I used to be, back in the day, though I expect to remain committed to this game through it's conclusion.

But enough about me.
Why is President Eden one whose opinion you'd particularly like to have?
I see no particular harm in revealing my thought now. PE made a comment that resonated with me significantly earlier, which went thus:
I am getting the vague impression that you're mafia who is mad about being "caught" on probabilistic mechanics votes rather than on actual suspicious behavior, like you got RNG'd out of the game before you got a chance to fool us.
Which ringed true to me. Too true, in fact, coupled with the notion I had forming in my head that PE "blatantly coached" bb earlier alongside the idea that the only material (to me) post PE made aside from interacting with people's attitudes is his commentary on meta, and the gun claims in particular, hence my asking.

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... ent%20Eden

I am ambivalent on this topic as it is unfortunately entirely conceivable to me that this is merely a naturally condescending attitude rather than some indicative tell, so it is noted but not acted on. Though I further note that some people [rdrivera comes to memory] are claiming this is not natural.

I don't believe any town should have taken a gun.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#182 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:22 pm

Yeah, I am not sure how mafia with a rose is bad for town. Unless I am misreading or misunderstanding, the rose just protects from a vigshot on that particular day.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#183 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:01 am
Thus it still remains the case that in the pool of:

Brainbomb
Ghug
Chaqa

There must be at least one scum.

Purely on the numbers I can't see a good reason to vote outside that pool today.
Well, if brain in fact chose a rose, there could be exactly 0 scum in there.

snowy801

#184 Post by snowy801 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:25 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Brainbomb
Ghug
Chaqa

Purely on the numbers I can't see a good reason to vote outside that pool today.
I think it's a sad commentary on our confidence of our ability as a group to discern scum if we can't reasonably be expected to take a natural 3/14 randvote (~21%) up to above 33% by day's end, and would rather randvote it out.

worcej

#185 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Assuming someone made a 'where is worcej' post by now, I am here, never fear!
President Eden wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:52 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:44 pm
I guess I am confused. You seem agitated/enthralled at the same time that town has elected to mass choose roses. And yet you have zero evidence to suggest that a scum would not choose a rose out of the sheer challenge of it
They could have, but they're not a factor in the info we have, which is that 9-11 Town-aligned players - out of a total of 11 - chose rose. Taking out pregame claimed gunners is a pretty good starting spot with that info. That's where we're at right now.

I think the choice of gun or rose is based predominantly on individual risk tolerances and predicted interactions with other players, and not per se alignment indicative, but that info is quite damning.
An interesting approach. I assume based off your posting so far, that indicates BB and Chaqa claimed gun in signups unless I am missing something else. Was there others who claimed an item choice before the game?

Only issue I have with the approach is the information given by Vecna (rose count possibilities), they could both be town and did grab guns. There may be something more in the rest of the thread (like a different person claiming gun) I have to see so I'll hold any questioning until I'm through the rest.

brainbomb

#186 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:47 pm

He called town bitchmade. I dont feel like calling my own faction cowardly bitches is the natural gut instinct equivalent of excitement

brainbomb

#187 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:49 pm

If I took a gun you know id be shooting tonight no matter what. That was what I said id be doing.

If I took a rose then youll just have to figure out what night I think scum would want me dead by

worcej

#188 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:02 pm
I dont think ive ever been a policy kill based on something I said in pregame. That is actually pretty funny.
TBF, going back and reading the signup thread now since I wanted to check Eden's approach, you made it pretty damn clear you would be grabbing a gun...

I'd quote it, but thread locked so here: https://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3 ... 66#p243066

worcej

#189 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:05 pm
also please resign from the council so I can implement better rules, death to night chatting under a brainbomb regime.

hail bb
Let's not discuss that while the game is in progress, ok?
I know you hate me but please, leave it for now.
Lol, it's been a bit since I've seen a Jamie vs BB feud.

**munches popcorn**

worcej

#190 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:10 pm
its not different jamie. not at all.

you don't get to fucking indict me for pregame comments. I don't get to put on some horse shit fucking mob hunt for shit I said before the game. i can lie, I lie all the goddamn time.

shove it bro
Okay, so I should take your pregame comments about item choices and your insistence on grabbing a gun as a lie?

worcej

#191 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:01 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:11 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:10 pm
its not different jamie. not at all.

you don't get to fucking indict me for pregame comments. I don't get to put on some horse shit fucking mob hunt for shit I said before the game. i can lie, I lie all the goddamn time.

shove it bro
Please calm down. Step away from the computer for a few minutes if you are getting upset. It's just a game.
No you don't get to do this crap. You get just as mad and irrational when people come at you with nonsense you cant even defend against. you are attacking me for something I said in jest in a thread that wasn't even the actual game and that's not how we play. this isn't fucking gunboat mafia
FWIW, the difference is the 'nonsense you cant even defend against' in this case was created by yourself in this situation because of what you said you would do in this game in the game signup thread!

worcej

#192 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:06 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:22 pm
Vecna is likely in god thread lamenting about how it didn't take long for brainbomb to meltdown, and is probably musing that it is all my fault for making the pregame thread into an extension of the game itself.
This is BB's moment of clarity right here.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#193 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 pm

Brain, just say it's a reaction test and instead of attacking you they'll jerk you off.

foodcoats

#194 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:15 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:50 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm

OFFICIAL GAME INFORMATION:
Town has picked 9, 10 or 11 roses.
actually scum taking a rose would be devastating. I didnt read that this verified at minimum 9 TOWN took a rose.

🌹🌹🌹🥀
Why would scum taking a rose be "devastating?"

brainbomb

#195 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:19 pm

Johnny Big Horse reminds me a little of gimix last game- but with no saddle

brainbomb

#196 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:23 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:15 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:50 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm

OFFICIAL GAME INFORMATION:
Town has picked 9, 10 or 11 roses.
actually scum taking a rose would be devastating. I didnt read that this verified at minimum 9 TOWN took a rose.

🌹🌹🌹🥀
Why would scum taking a rose be "devastating?"
its not. in fact its largely irrelevant as scum only has to kill the town with roses. they can win even if scum is holding a rose and it doesnt matter. I thought that scum had to kill everyone with a rose even their own teammates. now it feels more like the whole rose thing is pretty meaningless in a scum possession. I guess maybe guarding against gun hold margins a scum would take a rose but it changes zilch about the info vecna gave at start of game.

I dont particulary have concerns about ghug, rivera, jamie, or damo. I have felt some odd vibes from emc, macca, eden and foodcoats so far. mostly the lack of hunting by those 4.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#197 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Why vote so dang early? Shouldn't we wait until we have more of a clue? Well, I don't think there are any clues to be had. In my case, I am only trying to discern personalities... hard to separate that from clues. You guys know each other.

I am honored that someone thinks me worthy of a vote. This game is nuts, and I think it is stacked against the town all the time.

I wonder, how often does the town win? Do they ever win?

foodcoats

#198 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:24 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:34 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:25 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Brainbomb
Ghug
Chaqa

I think it's a sad commentary on our confidence of our ability as a group to discern scum if we can't reasonably be expected to take a natural 3/14 randvote (~21%) up to above 33% by day's end, and would rather randvote it out.
snowy, what were you suggesting about Chaqa's post by writing this? It seems to me that you are saying it is sad that Chaqa is taking an approach of sheer negation. Is my interpretation correct? What do you think it says, if anything, about Chaqa's alignment that he chose to undermine the main ongoing scumhunting argument rather than engage with it?

Also, pleasure to meet you! :-D

foodcoats

#199 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:27 pm

Johnny Big Horse wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:24 pm
Why vote so dang early? Shouldn't we wait until we have more of a clue? Well, I don't think there are any clues to be had. In my case, I am only trying to discern personalities... hard to separate that from clues. You guys know each other.

I am honored that someone thinks me worthy of a vote. This game is nuts, and I think it is stacked against the town all the time.

I wonder, how often does the town win? Do they ever win?
Voting a lot and early does two things:
1. It helps the town analyze the events of the Day on future Days, because scum have to self-consciously vote, while town vote investigatively/unselfconsciously.
2. It helps create pressure and drive reactions. It has been noted, for example, that brainbomb reacted in an interesting way to his wagon.

Also glad to be playing with you, Johnny. :-D (Not sure if you're new, because I'm a filthy casual, so I won't descend to welcoming you... :razz:)

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#200 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:29 pm

This is why I think Ghug is worthy of a vote.

Why would Ghug ask me what I think? I am obviously a newbie who doesn't know jack squat. Best thing for scum to do is add further confusion and noise coming from an idiot (me, at this point). The only reason I think this, is that having played Avalon, when I was new, this is exactly what happened to me. The enemy would try to get me into the conversation. I would talk as if I knew something, and further confuse things.

It may be that Ghug is just an inclusive person. If so, and if I am wrong, I apologize, but I think you worthy of my vote.