Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#101 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm owed to brainbomb for last game, however I will not show my mercy if I think he is scum, I will pay another day my friend. Also I don't want to attract ND's wrath.

yavuzovic

#102 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:57 pm

##vote brainbomb

Jamiet99uk

#103 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:00 pm

Yavuzovic, why do you think Brainbomb is scum?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#104 Post by Maniac » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:03 pm

my post didn't post for some reason?

@Jamiet - there is no way Brainbomb is the gunsmith. In recent games brainbomb has claimed his PR roles too early and has vowed to do better. He is just either generating discussion or wants to trip up maybe a newbie gunsmith to counterclaim.

@Jamiet - Oh yeah it who framed Roger not who shot him. My bad

Jamiet99uk

#105 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Ok Maniac righto.

That "who is online" thing at the bottom of the page is going to be useful when there are gunshots, etc.

reedeer1

#106 Post by reedeer1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:10 pm

I want to remind you guys of one of the last games I was in with brain. He was the doctor, and claimed early, and instead of getting killed quickly, he was able to lead us to victory. That being said, claiming gunsmith this early does not make sense to me.
If I was to get a gun I would shoot whoever is on the top of scum on my list, which is now at 7 players, and I will announce who it is at EOD.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#107 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:12 pm

You scumread 7 players? Now is the time to share, not EOD. Discussion D1 is good. Pressure on players D1 is good.

brainbomb

#108 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:13 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:03 pm
my post didn't post for some reason?

@Jamiet - there is no way Brainbomb is the gunsmith. In recent games brainbomb has claimed his PR roles too early and has vowed to do better. He is just either generating discussion or wants to trip up maybe a newbie gunsmith to counterclaim.

@Jamiet - Oh yeah it who framed Roger not who shot him. My bad
So im scum based on the slim chance im fake hardclaiming a role that scum doesnt aim for N1 anyway [as THEY want to get a gun].
*you also say my claim is to trip up a newb into claiming. Thats like 3 players dude. You seriously think id sacrifice myself as scum just to force a third tier PR to out.

If I was gonna try to force a PR out itd be doc or cop. My role is dangerous to town so im trying to keep my reads organized so I know who will shoot someone I scumread.

reedeer1

#109 Post by reedeer1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:12 pm
You scumread 7 players? Now is the time to share, not EOD. Discussion D1 is good. Pressure on players D1 is good.
No, I have slight scum on three, and slight town on four.

Foxcastle

#110 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:07 pm
That "who is online" thing at the bottom of the page is going to be useful when there are gunshots, etc.
Particularly for scum to see if GMs are online before they submit the order and scurry off. After running the last game, I'm surprised you think that, given how much a red herring that line of investigation turned out to be.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#111 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Oh. 7 reads total. Who do you scum read and who do you townread. Secrets don't make friends.

Foxcastle

#112 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Claiming guns and gunsmiths gets reactions, but is also great for scum to distract town. Greedy townies wants wants wants their guns! I don't think Brainbomb is the gunsmith. If I were the gunsmith, I would keep my mouth closed, and if I got a gun, I would also keep my mouth closed.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#113 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:23 pm

You going to kill me n1 again Foxy?

Why would you keep your mouth shut if you received a gun?

brainbomb

#114 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:29 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:56 pm
I'm owed to brainbomb for last game, however I will not show my mercy if I think he is scum, I will pay another day my friend. Also I don't want to attract ND's wrath.
?

Foxcastle

#115 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:30 pm

I think Town generally not knowing who has a gun or who the gunsmith is would lead to speculation on those points, and that's possibly useful.

But claim the gun before you shoot, both to get input from town (and scum), as well as to avoid utter chaos in the case of a misfire (hi Yavuz...).

Foxcastle

#116 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:23 pm
You going to kill me n1 again Foxy?
While I did technically do that, I was just following orders.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#117 Post by Maniac » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:13 pm
Maniac wrote:

...there is no way Brainbomb is the gunsmith. In recent games brainbomb has claimed his PR roles too early and has vowed to do better. He is just either generating discussion or wants to trip up maybe a newbie gunsmith to counterclaim.
So im scum based on the slim chance im fake hardclaiming a role that scum doesnt aim for N1 anyway [as THEY want to get a gun].
*you also say my claim is to trip up a newb into claiming. Thats like 3 players dude. You seriously think id sacrifice myself as scum just to force a third tier PR to out.

It's D1, anyone, including the Handsome Maniac claiming to have nailed scum is exaggerating. I'm voting for the scummiest - you Brainbomb. We're looking for a needle in a haystack and you keep adding hay; that doesn't help town. You could be trying to take elicit a PR to counterclaim, perhaps you're vanilla scum who wants to take a PR down with you, IDK. I know you're not the gunsmith so voting you off is less risky than voting for anyone else right now.

Plus if you're scum you always try and get me lynched or NK and I want to play awhile.

brainbomb

#118 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:13 pm
Maniac wrote:

...there is no way Brainbomb is the gunsmith. In recent games brainbomb has claimed his PR roles too early and has vowed to do better. He is just either generating discussion or wants to trip up maybe a newbie gunsmith to counterclaim.

It's D1, anyone, including the Handsome Maniac claiming to have nailed scum is exaggerating. I'm voting for the scummiest - you Brainbomb. We're looking for a needle in a haystack and you keep adding hay; that doesn't help town. You could be trying to take elicit a PR to counterclaim, perhaps you're vanilla scum who wants to take a PR down with you, IDK. I know you're not the gunsmith so voting you off is less risky than voting for anyone else right now.

Plus if you're scum you always try and get me lynched or NK and I want to play awhile.
1. Demonstrably false. Dillys and Borks has been lighthearted reactions to posts so far. Not harmful. Vigilant but calm.

2. I wouldnt play a vanilla scum role with the exclusive goal of rooting out gunsmith. Its suicidal and doesnt even help mafia. Mafia WANT guns out. The WANT guns in hands of people with bad reads. Im organizing who I would give guns out to based on gut feeling so far. Its not hay its a spreadsheet of who wants a gun and what theyd do. Really simple.

3. If I were scum id probably just pocket the shit out of you. Im confident I could woo you and thatd be a ton of fun.

thamrick

#119 Post by thamrick » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Rjmcf wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:35 pm
Dunno if everyone thinks this is obvious and me spelling it out makes me seem even more stupid, but you expecting to get shot makes it sound a whole lot like you’re not the gunsmith?

Also can someone answer my questions with more than “bork” please? It’s odd for everyone to have in-jokes and the like that new folks aren’t party to. Also feel free to update the fact that when others explained their viewpoint I agreed that handing out a gun first night makes sense.
1) I wouldn't get too hung about whether he's the gunsmith or not. I'm not saying that all D1/D2 PR (power role, someone asked earlier) claims are false, but I don't trust them til there's more information. I agree it generates productive conversation. In MXX we caught Maniac because he focused exclusively on Vecna's D1 PR claim and was being shady about it.

2) Anyone else find the bold part weird? Trying to be agreeable and chomping at the bit to be noticed doing so.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#120 Post by Maniac » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:06 pm

At BB - you are adding hay. People read left to right and downwards. You posting quotes means people read them. Stop doing it unless it adds to the debate.