MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
celaph

Re: MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

#2041 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 10:43 am

WIFOM plays are certainly possible, but I think the RHK death actually looks good for Vecna. If we're assuming scum wants to kill the people that town townread, then RHK dying suggest that scum were bothered by Vecna's townread, giving townpoints to Vecna.

celaph

#2042 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 10:52 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 6:33 pm
celaph wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 5:34 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:41 pm
It was just me mentioned the people showing online lol.

I think its gimix/emc/celaph

With the latter 2 being more likely than gimix.

And me still being a little suspect about HB because he fooled me quite nicely last game as 3p, but I just cant find any real reasons to be suspicious of him here.

I dont think macca is this black and white as scum. Not this combinative and tunnely on me.

Youre you, and youre fine

RHK is close to conftown for me.

did I forget someone?
Do you want to explain your reasons for those scumreads? With out one, I'm a little bothered that it seems like you've named just 3 of the 4 lowest activity posters.

Also, can you explain your read on RHK and the confidence that you have in it?
With you ive had the feeling all game you were either a PR or scum. You didnt do any of your cheerful things, your posts didnt leave an impact - just the general feeling youre trying to stay completely under the radar.

EMC hasnt done his whimsical tell for me all game. He doesnt seem to be having fun. He didnt poke damo, didnt discuss him, didnt seem proud for catching him. He' just feels a bit lifeless. Even his vote on me then to switch to lfischl was like "yeah I just voted you because I want you to be active". I dont think this is a complete scumtell for him since he also does this as town at times, but theres nearly always a few small bits where I can detect him being town.

Gimix just feels like he ought to be a smart person, but he seems to be portraying himself a bit too much on the carefull? side? Its a thin feeling. He just feels like hes very carefull in his posting.

With RHK its his feeling of thread presence. Last game we killed him D1 easily because he just was scum to me? This game he's up in everyones face and not afraid. Last game he was angry posturing, this game he's angry-posting. Hope that makes sense.

--------------

Also, your characterization of my scumreads being much less active? I find it pretty odd. Noone is active this game, and everyone feels to be pretty much on a similar activity level. Minus EMC ofcourse. Also, we already killed the active scums.
I'm not a big fan of your cheerful metric, but I expect that it will be updated after this game, so ehhh....

Regarding EMC, I think he's more likely sniper than jailer. The way he sheeped you onto the Damo had very little explanation and I think he could have just made up an explanation for not voting his scum teammate like that. That plus some reasonable early reads make me hesitant to vote him here, though I see your point.

I'm mixed on gimix. Feel like he's forever going to be a null which makes me kinda unhappy.

Regarding Demon I should clearly differ to the superior wisdom on the matter.

celaph

#2043 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 11:00 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:59 pm
Youre acting so different from normally HB. Im attributing it to wanting to solve this shit real badly, but its like you turned into a different person all of a sudden.
It reminds me a bit of WW HB last game which makes me slightly suspicious of a sniper HB who has no clue who his teammate is, but beyond that he looks pretty interested in solving.

celaph

#2044 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 11:05 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:00 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:44 pm
So paraphrasing:

townreading me for what exacly?
townreading macca for pushing ghug D2?

My question: pushing ghug D2 could have been strategic in distancing from ghug/damo, right?
I am townreading you for not distancing from Ghug/Damo and voting Chaqa D1. Plus your general tone and the way you are trying to drive discussion.

I am townreading Macca for their general play, the way they are pushing their reads, completelly different from scum Macca last game. The fact they voted Ghug on D2 seems to reflect what I was thinking: Ghug and Damo were scummmy but you don´t vote for an uncced PR that will be solved one way or another. I suspect scum probably bussed Damo on D2 as it was the safest play to do from scum POV. Damo was dead as soon as he fake claimed.
Overall, agree with these comments.

celaph

#2045 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 11:08 am

Macca573 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 1:13 am
Hmm, lots of thoughts.

I just finished all this semester's assignments yesterday, so my brain is offline and can therefore not fully process all that being said. However:

Perhaps it is because I am very gulible and have just been hoodwinked, but I do not think the Vecna is a scumbo anymore. (even writing that was weird; perhaps he is just less scumbo than others). ##UNVOTE

Right now, I think I could go for an emc wagon, maybe celaph if push came to shove.
Would love to hear some updated Macca thoughts?

celaph

#2046 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 11:17 am

I think that there is at least one (and unlikely two given rdr's behavior) scumbos between rdr and Vecna.
I know I'm town. 8-)
If Macca's scum game has changed this much in the span of weeks I'll be shocked. They're town.
I think HB is very likely town, though I could also see sniper who has no clue who their teammate is.
If EMC is scum I think he's likely sniper because of his Damo vote D1 as I mentioned before.
Gimix has the weakest rational, but I didn't mind rdr's argument about ghug and damo giving them advice on their vote.
That leaves jailer between Vecna and rdr with an outside shot at it being Gimix.

celaph

#2047 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 11:29 am

Re rdr: I've agreed with most of the things he has said, and I think some of his interactions with ghug felt very tvs. That said, he did defend Damo a bit earlier, and his play recently bothers me a bit. I think the demon kill reflects well on Vecna and it hasn't seemed to weigh on rdr much at all.

Re Vecna: He has had far more posts than rdr that make me sus. That said, he has been decent overall, I think the demon kill looks good for him, and he called himself obv-town.

I'll wait to vote to see what others think. My gut leans rdr, but only just.

celaph

#2048 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 11:35 am

I don't particularly like rdr's working assumption that the third scum would have bussed damo and ghug especially early on. D2 and on I could definitely see it as they looked dead in the water, but before then I think there was a reasonable chance they could be saved.

celaph

#2049 Post by celaph » Sat May 29, 2021 11:38 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:45 pm
Think I might scumread ghug right now, actually. He sorta shares a trait with scum!Jamie in that they do not proactively engage with my general existence (lmao)
I think posts like this are why I think EMC is likely town. This was before ghug was starting to be more widely scumread and so the value of distancing was much less immediately apparent. He also seems to show a good deal of self awareness and connects that to a solid read on now conf scum.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2050 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 29, 2021 11:48 am

celaph wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:43 am
WIFOM plays are certainly possible, but I think the RHK death actually looks good for Vecna. If we're assuming scum wants to kill the people that town townread, then RHK dying suggest that scum were bothered by Vecna's townread, giving townpoints to Vecna.
I think I need some equations or something here.

Demon death = good for Vecna because a) scum kill the most townread players and b) Vecna townread<Demon townread?

COuld we extend that to: Demon was more townread than the rest of us?

But then so what? I don't see how that extends into townpoints because there's 5 of us.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2051 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 29, 2021 11:54 am

I've read everything you published this morning Celaph, but I feel like you've kind of justified a townread on nearly everyone.

But I guess that's the situation we're in. There's not a lot of information to gather, it's all speculation.

But...if there is the simplest metric to use, what would it be and who would it implicate?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2052 Post by dargorygel » Sat May 29, 2021 11:59 am

Lunchtime. The game needs to continue, but Gary is getting hungry. Spaghettios again? Three days is too much. But mom hasn’t been making his lunch before she goes to work lately. And those, “neat new spaghettis you can eat with a spoon” take moments to prepare.

And suddenly feeling enculterated for some reason… Gary goes ahead and gets out his box of miniatures. Choosing the exact figures is half the fun. And Gary KNOWS what’s coming… something worse than a demi-gorgon…

VOTE COUNT 5.2
e.m.c^42 (2) Hamilton Brian, Macca573
Vecna (1) rdrivera2005
Celaph (1) Vecna

Not registering a vote: celaph, Einstein, gimix
NOT posting: celaph

Presently e.m.c^42’s mass is set to be converted to pure energy.
Around 11 hours remain today.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2053 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 29, 2021 12:03 pm

celaph wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:33 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:45 am
Question to all: Does anyone actually think my defense/plan regarding lfischl yesterday was acted?

Because if you think it was genuine (which you should), it logically follows I can only be the sniper and not the jailer.

And if you think it was genuine, and I can thus only be the sniper, can you please realize I would never want lfischl to be in charge of making the scumkills but would just wanna carry the scumteam myself?

Goddamn, thats some pretty good reasoning why Im obv-town 8-)
I don't think the keeping the jailer alive felt acted, but I'm not convinced that that is a great metric to use as it was a bunch of mechanics talks. The thing that gives me pause is that keeping town lfischl alive when he's so heavily scumread is such a big win for scum as he becomes a free miskill later on.
But then the more I re-read Vecna's post, it reads very much like it is meant to lead the thinking AND then the cherry on top being, "Hey, I'm town." Then with the "I don't want lfischl making the move, I want to do that."

Yeah, I am liking that post A LOT less now.

TheMadMonarch

#2054 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sat May 29, 2021 12:21 pm

How many miskills do we have left?

Vecna

#2056 Post by Vecna » Sat May 29, 2021 1:14 pm

##unvote Celaph

Im changing my mind on Celaph actually. The line of "everyone is going to reconsider my meta after this game" feels like such a damn towny thought. I dont think he goes that deep down the rabbit hole of faking a town mindset. And I sort of get it that its annoying when people take a small aspect of your meta and use that to base a read.

Vecna

#2057 Post by Vecna » Sat May 29, 2021 1:20 pm

And honestly, the one way I see EMC as scum making sense here if he has been, and is getting actively bussed by his teammate. And he's like "fine, bus me, I dont wanna be active anyway, go and win the game for us".

But that makes no sense unless he somehow has been clued in on who his partner is? Because theres nothing in his iso I feel that could even remotely be seen as him signalling to his sniper buddy, so him getting bussed by his sniper makes no sense?

Vecna

#2058 Post by Vecna » Sat May 29, 2021 1:25 pm

Blegh, im doing that thing again where I reason myself out of ignoring my early game gut feeling, and I always end up regretting doing that outside of the game.

Vecna

#2059 Post by Vecna » Sat May 29, 2021 1:29 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:03 pm
celaph wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:33 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:45 am
Question to all: Does anyone actually think my defense/plan regarding lfischl yesterday was acted?

Because if you think it was genuine (which you should), it logically follows I can only be the sniper and not the jailer.

And if you think it was genuine, and I can thus only be the sniper, can you please realize I would never want lfischl to be in charge of making the scumkills but would just wanna carry the scumteam myself?

Goddamn, thats some pretty good reasoning why Im obv-town 8-)
I don't think the keeping the jailer alive felt acted, but I'm not convinced that that is a great metric to use as it was a bunch of mechanics talks. The thing that gives me pause is that keeping town lfischl alive when he's so heavily scumread is such a big win for scum as he becomes a free miskill later on.
But then the more I re-read Vecna's post, it reads very much like it is meant to lead the thinking AND then the cherry on top being, "Hey, I'm town." Then with the "I don't want lfischl making the move, I want to do that."

Yeah, I am liking that post A LOT less now.
And just to not ignore this; yes its a lame ass type of defense that is actively trying to influence your thinking, but its also the truth, and thats why I want you to look at it from my point of view and realize that you should be townreading me for it. It was genuinely how I analyzed the situation, and scum would not be doing that in that situation (imo).

I honestly dont even get how you think I could come up with that type of shit as scum, but I get the suspicion of the comment.

Having that level of scrutiny means I will never vote for you this game, even though it creates an uncomfortable situation.

Vecna

#2060 Post by Vecna » Sat May 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Also making note that Macca would have absolutely no reason to unvote me the way they did as scum. More reason to not doubt that read.