MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TheMadMonarch

Re: MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

#1761 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon May 24, 2021 1:45 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:41 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:42 pm
Macca573 wrote:

Can my ##END here count for that?
like, in all cases, will a ##END in thread be able to replace a PM?
No... Night ends are by PM only. Feel free to lie in your thread vote.
Thanks for the tip!

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1762 Post by dargorygel » Mon May 24, 2021 1:49 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:45 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:41 pm
Macca573 wrote:

like, in all cases, will a ##END in thread be able to replace a PM?
No... Night ends are by PM only. Feel free to lie in your thread vote.
Thanks for the tip!
Seriously, though, in some cases it benefits scum differently than town (or PR) to endhammer the night or not. With 100% required, the holdout(s) might be alignment indicative.

brainbomb

#1763 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 24, 2021 1:54 pm

DEADLINE N2 MOVED 24 H EARLIER

brainbomb

#1764 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 24, 2021 1:56 pm

DEADLINE NIGHT 2 MOVED 24 H EARLIER

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1767 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon May 24, 2021 4:18 pm

What I worry about is how deep of a threat this last (assuming lfischl is the third mafia) fourth member is. Damo and ghug were heavily suspected; the third one will be less so, and I think it makes it easier on the fourth.

Re-reading for D1 and D2 does make a lot of sense.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1768 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon May 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Just doing some casual looks as time befits.

For the D2 votes, what scum avoided the easy take of landing on the Damo wagon and stayed on ghug's wagon? Were there any?

I will say that EMC has raised a minor level of suspicion. Really unsure; deep scum? Not really contributing to town but not offering any, or contributing to , confusion either. Was a voter for Damo D1 when it was relatively easy to be there and they weren’t in danger. Did suggest there were some significant householding issues that would occupy them.

President Eden

#1769 Post by President Eden » Mon May 24, 2021 6:24 pm

In theory mafia had more incentive to kill damo than ghug, since damo had no powers (though the powers aspect isn't that relevant) and was already "on the clock" due to two different town PRs knowing he was faking.

In practice, I don't think it matters much. Mafia in this meta have tended to prioritize cutting loose weak links instead of trying to rescue them by dominating the thread, so I feel like the last non-Sniper mafia will be someone flying undercover with votes in generally the right place. Which I know doesn't really narrow it down but...

rivera and Vecna are the ones coming to mind for me. I'm trying not to do the obnoxious reductionist "you haven't been nk'd yet so you're mafia" bit, but as a pair of players who often get picked off early when they're town, I'm underwhelmed by what they've decided to do with their extended lease on life.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1770 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon May 24, 2021 7:30 pm

President Eden wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 6:24 pm
In theory mafia had more incentive to kill damo than ghug, since damo had no powers (though the powers aspect isn't that relevant) and was already "on the clock" due to two different town PRs knowing he was faking.

In practice, I don't think it matters much. Mafia in this meta have tended to prioritize cutting loose weak links instead of trying to rescue them by dominating the thread, so I feel like the last non-Sniper mafia will be someone flying undercover with votes in generally the right place. Which I know doesn't really narrow it down but...

rivera and Vecna are the ones coming to mind for me. I'm trying not to do the obnoxious reductionist "you haven't been nk'd yet so you're mafia" bit, but as a pair of players who often get picked off early when they're town, I'm underwhelmed by what they've decided to do with their extended lease on life.
I don't agree with you. Not only because I know you are wrong about me. With Ghug openly defending Damo since D1, I expect the other scum to be bussing Damo really hard. Emc, Celaph and you fit this profile. Demon too, but I don't think both scum would push Chaqa's wagon. But it's a bit of WIFOM here.

President Eden

#1771 Post by President Eden » Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:30 pm
President Eden wrote:

I don't agree with you. Not only because I know you are wrong about me. With Ghug openly defending Damo since D1, I expect the other scum to be bussing Damo really hard. Emc, Celaph and you fit this profile. Demon too, but I don't think both scum would push Chaqa's wagon. But it's a bit of WIFOM here.
I could see the last mafia being a hardcore busser if it's the Sniper just trying to go with the flow of the town. That's probably how I'd play it. But if one of damo's teammates had decided to commit to bussing him hard then it doesn't really make sense for ghug to be twisting in the wind by himself trying to save damo.

And honestly, regardless of any navel-gazing about mafia psychology, you and Vec have some pretty underwhelming thread energy this game given that (1) y'all haven't died yet and (2) the thread has been really fun for town this game. I would have figured y'all would be more fired up to hunt when we're on such a roll and the mafia forgot to fearkill you

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1772 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:10 pm

President Eden wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

I could see the last mafia being a hardcore busser if it's the Sniper just trying to go with the flow of the town. That's probably how I'd play it. But if one of damo's teammates had decided to commit to bussing him hard then it doesn't really make sense for ghug to be twisting in the wind by himself trying to save damo.

And honestly, regardless of any navel-gazing about mafia psychology, you and Vec have some pretty underwhelming thread energy this game given that (1) y'all haven't died yet and (2) the thread has been really fun for town this game. I would have figured y'all would be more fired up to hunt when we're on such a roll and the mafia forgot to fearkill you
I really dislike this narrative you are pushing. It look like scum trying to set a miskill. Mafia killed 2 PRs first days, how they forgot to kill me? Also, I have been alive at milo last two games (and lost) so I don't think I am a usual NK (unless Bozo is playing, he NK me N1 twice).
I was pretty active D1 but last two days were just killing two sitting ducks and almost zero hunt so I don't get what you want me to do.
But I agree Vecna is off, I expected more after the parrot thing and he is just sitting back.

celaph

#1773 Post by celaph » Mon May 24, 2021 10:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Was I one of the harder pushers on Damo? I was way more on ghug.

celaph

#1774 Post by celaph » Mon May 24, 2021 10:23 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:16 pm
Sorry Chaqa, rip.

I eat a lot of blame for that. ghug may have forwarded trhe suggestion, but I'm the one that threw the stone.

Anyway. on a glance the post claim pile from the vanity crowd (Fish and Plex) are what immediately catch my eye. Also HamBone.
Is demon inclined to apologize for making mistakes as town? This reads to me as someone who wanted to lessen the heat on their scum teammate by taking responsibility for the miskill.

brainbomb

#1776 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 24, 2021 11:02 pm

:oldforum: JOURNAL ENTRY 49 :oldforum:
A Dark Journey: The four dark elves take you down a long sloping corridor. After many hours, you have descended many miles and begin to pass massive black mushroom forests and a few bizarrely shaped buildings.
Finally, you reach a glowing cavern, with a large temple in the center. The dark elves march you up into the heart of the temple. In an onyx walled room is a perfect silvery web. In the center of the web is a giant black spider. The spider speaks in a raspy, hollow voice.
"Greetings. I represent the god of the dark elves. You are my prisoners. Your choice is simple, you may be my slaves, or be my lunch."
As you consider retreat, huge stone blocks seal the entrance. A tittering laugh echoes through the room.
—//—//—-//—
Gary: The spider descends and the party feels frozen in place. Mogion speaks through the spider and sinks her teeth into you Brett.

Brett: No, I don't like that.

Gary: Too bad.

—-//—-//—-//——

President Eden has died he was Brett the Barbarian a Vanilla Town

brainbomb

#1777 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 24, 2021 11:03 pm

Day 4 has begun, you may now post

TheMadMonarch

#1778 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon May 24, 2021 11:07 pm

Let's keep up the momentum.

##VOTE lfischl
##END

TheMadMonarch

#1779 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon May 24, 2021 11:16 pm

Aren't people usually supposed to be on at EON?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1780 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:39 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:16 pm
Aren't people usually supposed to be on at EON?
Only scum....