MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

#341 Post by DemonRHK » Tue May 18, 2021 3:48 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:33 pm
I’m largely null on the entire player list right now.

I lean town on worcej and rdr.

Perplexity’s townread of Chaqa is suspicious.
Celaph has made statements that appear as vacuous and hedgy as when he was scum last game.

Nonetheless, daykilling emc or HR seems the best course of action currently. I think leaving the lurkers be was a mistake last game I’d like to avoid this time.

##VOTE e.m.c.
@food: What made you vote emc over HR here?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#342 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue May 18, 2021 3:51 pm

My reads, such as they are:
HR: strong null; disengaged? Historically a low volume poster on D1s?

President Eden: weird ass entry post where they vote Chaqa; no strong indication either way.

ifischl: somewhat town? Kind of challenges some of the thinking of perplexed, so that's somewhat positive. Really trying to get them involved, but then they've kind of dropped off.

Chaqa: maybe low-volume scum hiding? A few posts on labour economics and then pfffft. But then, chaqa does this.

Gimix: I'd probably agree with Damo...newbtown, but there are some things that give me pause, as I suggested to foodcoats earlier.

Celaph: in with the early reads, considers perplex as hedging but not scum, thinks Macca is town. Then commentary on my "off-topic-ness" No strong vibe but I'd pay attention to them.

Vecna: the eff is up with the parrot. How is that helping town? But since it's drawing a reaction, I don't think scum would want that so...town?

Damo: mmmm, really don't know. Was there signaling going on? Would it be that blatant if it were?

foodcoats: null; still getting used to their style

Rivera: more early posts than I recall, but then again this has been a very low volume game so far. Is it a change to their general presence? Maybe, but I wouldn't expect mafia to make a concerted change that would be noticeable.

Macca: had a dandy of a game in 66. Still null, but the declaration to gimix not to self-vote is promising as town.

Perplexity: scrambling a bit; latching on to others' reads as if trying to get some stable footing. I'd lean town for right now.

Demon: Seemed to be trying to inject some life and thought into the D1; not sure they'll sustain that, but I'd lean town right now.

ghug: they are what they are; ghug knows how to engage and make it seem like they're town. I'm not wholly convinced because they are pretty good at illusion.

worcej: How does worcej present differently than last game. I mistakenly scumread them (was I lead by the nose by kgray?) Right now I like their game. Asking a variety of questions; jury is out on whether or not they are good questions. I think I'd lean town. I liked this post: viewtopic.php?p=240599#p240599

Perplexity

#343 Post by Perplexity » Tue May 18, 2021 3:52 pm

that Chaqa town lean was just because I assume he randed VT and sensed disappointment in his post when he mentioned 'bland'

also waffle post wasn't that serious, waffle lovers aren't good people thus they're automatically scum :razz:

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#344 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue May 18, 2021 3:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:42 pm

I don't think new scum asks if they should self vote.
You might be right? But is there value in using that "newness" as camouflage?

Perplexity

#345 Post by Perplexity » Tue May 18, 2021 3:56 pm

more of Hamilton, more of foodcoats is always encouraged

thanxxx damo for explaining better, I think we won't actually see Vecna in his glory this D1, he will continue to quack :cry:

foodcoats

#346 Post by foodcoats » Tue May 18, 2021 3:56 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:48 pm
foodcoats wrote:

Celaph has made statements that appear as vacuous and hedgy as when he was scum last game.

Nonetheless, daykilling emc or HR seems the best course of action currently. I think leaving the lurkers be was a mistake last game I’d like to avoid this time.

##VOTE e.m.c.
I know from experience that emc is willing to be policy DK’d as either alignment. That is anti-town, generally. Conversely, I don’t think I’ve played with HR. So, I conclude that it’s marginally better to policy DK emc, because I know emc can ride the lurk to the limit and that that is bad for town, whereas HR might show up and play (as they seem to have begun to).

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#347 Post by DemonRHK » Tue May 18, 2021 4:00 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:56 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

##VOTE e.m.c.
I know from experience that emc is willing to be policy DK’d as either alignment. That is anti-town, generally. Conversely, I don’t think I’ve played with HR. So, I conclude that it’s marginally better to policy DK emc, because I know emc can ride the lurk to the limit and that that is bad for town, whereas HR might show up and play (as they seem to have begun to).
Thank you for the explanation.

Now let me put on my brainbomb hat.

You're both scum, you knew in the QT he'd be posting less than 15 minutes later, and knew that's make your arguementr look better.

##Vote foodcoats
##End
(Yes, I am indeed hammering every vote this game until we get to KILO threats)

lfischl

#348 Post by lfischl » Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:48 pm
lfischl wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:22 am
Perplexity wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:56 am
chaqa seems townish

Akabar Bel Akash - my fave character, I've felt a supreme weakness the moment bbomb presented him

everything sounds great about him, how it's called, his power, he's just formidable

now a random
#vote rdrivera

cause he's too good to be true
##vote perp

I really don’t know what’s going through your head right now
Is Perp the only person you're not sure about in that regard? If not, why Perp in particular?

I just don't like how he voted rdr. The other thing is he could be new to webdip mafia. He's kinda playing like I did M64 when I got daykilled D1

Perplexity

#349 Post by Perplexity » Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm

resonating with Hamilton's description of damon and ghug

will say that 'fish' confuses me. He votes me quoting my 1st post, yet when he asked me a question previously it was related to something else meaning that he already moved past my 1st post.

Wonder what got him triggered to get back to my 1st post, the order baffles me, the order of quotes from 'fish' that's why I voted him back

foodcoats

#350 Post by foodcoats » Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:00 pm
foodcoats wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

You're both scum, you knew in the QT he'd be posting less than 15 minutes later, and knew that's make your arguementr look better.

##Vote foodcoats
##End
Do you mean to say HR and I are scum together, or emc and I?

Does it actually make my argument better that one of the two non posters posted?

What do you think I’ll do if emc posts?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#351 Post by ghug » Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:42 pm

I don't think new scum asks if they should self vote.
You might be right? But is there value in using that "newness" as camouflage?
Your don't know they if you're new, though. It just feels like putting yourself out there for little benefit.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#352 Post by ghug » Tue May 18, 2021 4:05 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:00 pm
foodcoats wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

##Vote foodcoats
##End
Why are you hammering every vote?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#353 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue May 18, 2021 4:06 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:51 pm
My reads, such as they are:
HR: strong null; disengaged? Historically a low volume poster on D1s?

President Eden: weird ass entry post where they vote Chaqa; no strong indication either way.

ifischl: somewhat town? Kind of challenges some of the thinking of perplexed, so that's somewhat positive. Really trying to get them involved, but then they've kind of dropped off.

Chaqa: maybe low-volume scum hiding? A few posts on labour economics and then pfffft. But then, chaqa does this.

Gimix: I'd probably agree with Damo...newbtown, but there are some things that give me pause, as I suggested to foodcoats earlier.

Celaph: in with the early reads, considers perplex as hedging but not scum, thinks Macca is town. Then commentary on my "off-topic-ness" No strong vibe but I'd pay attention to them.

Vecna: the eff is up with the parrot. How is that helping town? But since it's drawing a reaction, I don't think scum would want that so...town?

Damo: mmmm, really don't know. Was there signaling going on? Would it be that blatant if it were?

foodcoats: null; still getting used to their style

Rivera: more early posts than I recall, but then again this has been a very low volume game so far. Is it a change to their general presence? Maybe, but I wouldn't expect mafia to make a concerted change that would be noticeable.

Macca: had a dandy of a game in 66. Still null, but the declaration to gimix not to self-vote is promising as town.

Perplexity: scrambling a bit; latching on to others' reads as if trying to get some stable footing. I'd lean town for right now.

Demon: Seemed to be trying to inject some life and thought into the D1; not sure they'll sustain that, but I'd lean town right now.

ghug: they are what they are; ghug knows how to engage and make it seem like they're town. I'm not wholly convinced because they are pretty good at illusion.

worcej: How does worcej present differently than last game. I mistakenly scumread them (was I lead by the nose by kgray?) Right now I like their game. Asking a variety of questions; jury is out on whether or not they are good questions. I think I'd lean town. I liked this post: viewtopic.php?p=240599#p240599
How do you have so many reads already?

worcej

#354 Post by worcej » Tue May 18, 2021 4:06 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:43 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:40 pm
worcej wrote:
I should've added a "/s" to sell it better.
As should've I.
You’re both terrible people.
8-)

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#355 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue May 18, 2021 4:07 pm

lfischl wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
lfischl wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:22 am

##vote perp

I really don’t know what’s going through your head right now
Is Perp the only person you're not sure about in that regard? If not, why Perp in particular?

I just don't like how he voted rdr. The other thing is he could be new to webdip mafia. He's kinda playing like I did M64 when I got daykilled D1
Weren't you town that game? Why are you targeting a newbie for something that got you wrong miskilled when you were a newbie just a couple games ago?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#356 Post by DemonRHK » Tue May 18, 2021 4:08 pm

I think you'll hold.

emc is a safe, boring vote. No one even blinks at that vote anymore. You've visited the wagon twice today.

If emc flips scum, you're gold, if he flips town you handwave it for low activity, and if it doesn't flip you get to shrug and just call it a D1 shitshow

Let me be clear, I dunno if you are scum, but you just hit a little wrong and I'm grasping at a perceived connection I noticed that can be a subconscious slip.

worcej

#357 Post by worcej » Tue May 18, 2021 4:09 pm

Perplexity wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:52 pm
that Chaqa town lean was just because I assume he randed VT and sensed disappointment in his post when he mentioned 'bland'

also waffle post wasn't that serious, waffle lovers aren't good people thus they're automatically scum :razz:
I feel this is a genuine (but wrong) read of Chaqa.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#358 Post by DemonRHK » Tue May 18, 2021 4:10 pm

@ghug: Because cool guys don't look at explosions.

lfischl

#359 Post by lfischl » Tue May 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:07 pm
lfischl wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:

Weren't you town that game? Why are you targeting a newbie for something that got you wrong miskilled when you were a newbie just a couple games ago?
I want to know if he is a newbie, and not an experienced player playing like he is one.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#360 Post by ghug » Tue May 18, 2021 4:12 pm

Didn't I ##VOTE Perp already? Maybe the bot didn't like my bolding.