MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

#161 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:21 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:17 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:31 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:28 pm
You clearly didn't get my impression...
Can you lay out exactly what you're suggesting?
I was just trying to lay in some Jamie into this non-Jamie game.

But, it's worth noting only a scum player can actually shoot anyone. Do I think damo is signalling his sniper buddy? Not right now, but if I get more scum~vibes from him then this possibility will help tip my hand into voting him.
But why scum will signal a target at D1 start? They can NK Vecna too (well, maybe not considering JOAT), but I still fail to see a motivation this early.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#162 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:48 pm
celaph wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:43 pm

Anything you find particularly inspiring about potatoes? I personally am a big fan of mashing them.
I am as well. I've been doing the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving since I was six or so. Settled on something with a lot of leeks and a hint of goat cheese at some point, which is excellent.

I was going to make pizza dough yesterday and have a potato pizza for lunch, but I was too tired after skiing. Potatoes on pizza are excellent.

I'm also really looking forward to fresh french fries, which has been hard for takeout to accomplish well.
What's wrong with Dicks?
This was a really weird question to me, until I checked Google.

damo666

#163 Post by damo666 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:57 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 pm
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:

I am as well. I've been doing the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving since I was six or so. Settled on something with a lot of leeks and a hint of goat cheese at some point, which is excellent.

I was going to make pizza dough yesterday and have a potato pizza for lunch, but I was too tired after skiing. Potatoes on pizza are excellent.

I'm also really looking forward to fresh french fries, which has been hard for takeout to accomplish well.
What's wrong with Dicks?
You googled "Dicks" ?

worcej

#164 Post by worcej » Mon May 17, 2021 7:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:15 pm
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:

What's wrong with Dicks?
Dick's fries are the worst fries on the face of the earth, and I don't eat meat, so there's not much appeal in dick's.

The fry problem is that you need to eat them fresh out of the fryer or they're not worth it, and that's hard if the food isn't being eaten on site.
I forgot the not eating meat component, thus yeah Dick's is removed from options.

And with that said - I am no help, considering I prioritize being a carnivore.

worcej

#165 Post by worcej » Mon May 17, 2021 7:59 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:57 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 pm
worcej wrote:
What's wrong with Dicks?
You googled "Dicks" ?
Probably with the addition of 'Seattle' or 'Restaurant'

worcej

#166 Post by worcej » Mon May 17, 2021 8:12 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:21 pm
worcej wrote:
ghug wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Can you lay out exactly what you're suggesting?

But, it's worth noting only a scum player can actually shoot anyone. Do I think damo is signalling his sniper buddy? Not right now, but if I get more scum~vibes from him then this possibility will help tip my hand into voting him.
But why scum will signal a target at D1 start? They can NK Vecna too (well, maybe not considering JOAT), but I still fail to see a motivation this early.
"It's so obviously bad, why do it?" That's usually the response I see to my WIFOM thoughts and I'm not shocked (nor do I discount) your response here.

We have a few of these defaults in our webDiplomacy~meta, such as scum don't bus on D1 (*cough* last game *cough*), that are auto-assumed to not be something when, sometimes they are.

In the case of here - damo called for Vecna to be shot. Not poisoned or vote-killed, but shot. It's a minor statement, but then again he decided to post it.

For what you may really care about: Am I sitting here saying damo is scum? This action alone isn't good enough to justify it, but is worth adding to damo's 'jar of scum points' in case more stuff shows up down the road. Or if we suck like we normally do and are desperate enough to launch a hail mary.

Vecna

#167 Post by Vecna » Mon May 17, 2021 8:18 pm

*SQUAWK*

|Blue Cheese Dicks arent desser.

damo666

#168 Post by damo666 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:21 pm

Will somebody rid me of this damn parrot!

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#169 Post by ghug » Mon May 17, 2021 8:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:21 pm
Will somebody rid me of this damn parrot!
more signaling

damo666

#170 Post by damo666 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:23 pm

##vote Vecna

Pieces of hate
Pieces of hate

(Not really)

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#171 Post by DemonRHK » Mon May 17, 2021 8:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:12 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
worcej wrote:

"It's so obviously bad, why do it?" That's usually the response I see to my WIFOM thoughts and I'm not shocked (nor do I discount) your response here.

We have a few of these defaults in our webDiplomacy~meta, such as scum don't bus on D1 (*cough* last game *cough*), that are auto-assumed to not be something when, sometimes they are.

In the case of here - damo called for Vecna to be shot. Not poisoned or vote-killed, but shot. It's a minor statement, but then again he decided to post it.

For what you may really care about: Am I sitting here saying damo is scum? This action alone isn't good enough to justify it, but is worth adding to damo's 'jar of scum points' in case more stuff shows up down the road. Or if we suck like we normally do and are desperate enough to launch a hail mary.
The WIFOM is strong in the whole junk. While I don't see a sac fly D1 on a blind call, dumber things have happened.

I think "If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Vecna, I'd shoot the parrot twice" would have been more entertaining.

foodcoats

#172 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 17, 2021 8:25 pm

worcej wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
worcej wrote:

You've got a good point that we should not default to "it would be too obvious/scummy to do that, therefore damo is not scum." Maybe damo was indeed calling for a shot. It's probably the best scumread available so far.

foodcoats

#173 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 17, 2021 8:26 pm

##VOTE ghug

He didn't talk about food so much when he was town.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#174 Post by DemonRHK » Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:26 pm
##VOTE ghug

Are your ears burning?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#175 Post by ghug » Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:26 pm
##VOTE ghug

I think I talked about you quite a bit last game.

damo666

#176 Post by damo666 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Kill the parrot.
Suffocate the parrot.
Jail the parrot.
Poison the parrot.
Silence the parrot.
Pickaxe the parrot.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#177 Post by DemonRHK » Mon May 17, 2021 8:34 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm
Kill the parrot.
Suffocate the parrot.
Jail the parrot.
Poison the parrot.
Silence the parrot.
Pickaxe the parrot.
(Minecraft intensifies)

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#178 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:39 pm

worcej wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
worcej wrote:

I don't agree that this is like the "scum don't buss" thing. There is an obvious benefit on bussing on D1 as last game and that Chaqa's game prove. I fail to see a benefit of blatantly signaling a target on start of D1. Maybe if Sniper is a newbie, then it can make some sense, but I still don't see a reason to signal a target so early.

brainbomb

#179 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 17, 2021 8:40 pm

Garys Basement
The party bravely fought off the town guards, beheading most of them. Brett pledged his character would urinate on the bodies. Gary sat with his head buried in his hands. Garys mother came downstairs with a bowl of popcorn and quietly handed gary his acne medicine and a can of ginger ale..
—-//—-//—-
VOTE COUNT 1.0
—-//—//—-//—
ghug (2) Chaqa, foodcoats
Chaqa(2) President Eden, ghug
Vecna(2) Macca573, damo666
President Eden(1) rdrivera2005
DemonRHK(1) Vecna
Hellenic Riot(1) DemonRHK*

End-votes (1/17): DemonRHK

Non-votes
celaph, e.m.c^42, gimix, Hamilton Brian, Hellenic Riot