Mafia 67 Signups —//— The Curse of the Azure Bonds

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
lfischl

Re: Mafia 67 Signups —//— The Curse of the Azure Bonds

#21 Post by lfischl » Thu May 06, 2021 7:58 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm
Looks really fun. I thought for a second ifischl smelled or something. I'm glad Bona stepped up to the plate.

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4.
🦔5.
🏹6.
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8.
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
🔱14. Macca573 (they/them)
👑15.
💍16.
🦄17. yavuzovic
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20.
🐊21.
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24.
I smelled?

Bonatogether

#22 Post by Bonatogether » Thu May 06, 2021 9:12 pm

lfischl wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:58 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Looks really fun. I thought for a second ifischl smelled or something. I'm glad Bona stepped up to the plate.

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4.
🦔5.
🏹6.
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8.
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
👑15.
💍16.
🦄17. yavuzovic
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20.
🐊21.
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24.
I smelled?
You have a nose, don't you? 🙄

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#23 Post by ghug » Thu May 06, 2021 9:17 pm

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4.
🦔5. ghuggles
🏹6.
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8.
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
👑15.
💍16.
🦄17. yavuzovic
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20.
🐊21.
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24.

brainbomb

#24 Post by brainbomb » Thu May 06, 2021 9:25 pm

ill bet you a jumbo all meat combo pizza ghug isnt gonna read this setup

damo666

#25 Post by damo666 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:17 pm
🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4.
🦔5. ghuggles
🏹6.
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8.
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
👑15.
💍16.
🦄17. yavuzovic
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20.
🐊21. damo
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24.

celaph

#26 Post by celaph » Thu May 06, 2021 11:48 pm

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4.
🦔5. ghuggles
🏹6.
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8.
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
👑15.
💍16.
🦄17. yavuzovic
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20.
🐊21. damo
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24.

Subs:
:cry: : celaph (he/him)
:nmr: :
:eyeroll: :

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#27 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri May 07, 2021 12:21 am

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4.
🦔5. ghuggles
🏹6.
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8.
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
👑15. Hellenic Riot
💍16.
🦄17. yavuzovic
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20.
🐊21. damo
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24.

Subs:
:cry: : celaph (he/him)
:nmr: :
:eyeroll: :

lfischl

#28 Post by lfischl » Fri May 07, 2021 1:09 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:12 pm
lfischl wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:58 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4.
🦔5.
🏹6.
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8.
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
👑15.
💍16.
🦄17. yavuzovic
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20.
🐊21.
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24.
I smelled?
You have a nose, don't you? 🙄
I don't

brainbomb

#29 Post by brainbomb » Fri May 07, 2021 4:06 am

GENERAL RULES

0. The GM reserves the right to adjudicate individual scenarios that arise during the course of the game at his/her discretion.
1. All players must vote at least once per game day, and post at least five times per game day.
2. All players are forbidden from posting screenshots of their role PMs or any other PMs from the GM.
3. All players are forbidden from using encryption.
4. All players are forbidden from using non-sanctioned PMing or other outside communication.
5. All spectators and players who have been eliminated are forbidden from posting in the game thread, or in any other comment threads apart from the God QT.
6. All players are forbidden from cheating or accusing others publicly of cheating or violating rules.
7. All players are required to play to win. Self voting is not considered a rule violation. Nor is allowing oneself to die.
8. Players and/or teams may not concede the game in public.
9. All players must not +1 other players' posts.
10. All players must observe the normal webDip forum rules. Including forum rules regarding accusations of public violations.

brainbomb

#30 Post by brainbomb » Fri May 07, 2021 4:08 am

ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULES, and PENALTIES

To ensure that GMs and the Council can enforce these rules, where necessary:

i) GMs and the Council shall have the authority to instruct players to cease posting in public on any topic, particularly where this is regarded as a violation of the Forum rules. Players will be expected to observe such instructions immediately.

ii) GMs and the Council shall have the power to remove players from games via modkill or replacement. A player removed from the game (and not replaced) may or may not have their role revealed on removal, depending on the circumstances surrounding their removal and at the discretion of the GM.

iii) The Council (alone) will have the power to impose bans from playing Mafia for varying periods of time (or numbers of games), as appropriate. The usual escalation shall be: A formal warning, followed by a one-game ban, a three-game ban, a one-year ban, and a permanent ban from playing Mafia.

iv) ALL Players including webdip moderators, council members, and admins are expected to play as an example for others. All players must adhere to our accepted rules and values. Calls for players to be banned or sanctioned during a game will not be permitted and this will be ruled as a violation of making public forum cheating accusations. Calls claiming a player has cheated, has violated wincon, has violated a rule should be conducted via PM. Players who disregard this request will be subject to post game punishment, and potentially will be removed, modkilled or replaced depending on how toxic or egregious the violation.

brainbomb

#31 Post by brainbomb » Fri May 07, 2021 4:11 am

RULE 6 of webdiplomacy:
Do not make public cheating accusations

TheMadMonarch

#32 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri May 07, 2021 9:57 am

+1s allowed?

brainbomb

#33 Post by brainbomb » Fri May 07, 2021 12:20 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:57 am
+1s allowed?
No giving +1 is not necessary. The flavour posts and vote tallies will be enough for me to reach a god tier of +1 however. so do that

yavuzovic

#34 Post by yavuzovic » Fri May 07, 2021 12:43 pm

Is it allowed to use +1s to communicate instead of the mafia chat? Just in case someone wants...

brainbomb

#36 Post by brainbomb » Fri May 07, 2021 1:51 pm

I have researched examples of the types of conduct that covers rule 10, elaboration iv.

I notice that EMC has not posted at all.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

If he gets removed from this game he should be banned from the next game, and if the GM of that game does *not* ban him, he will be excluded from the next game that I run.

This is happening to often.
UNACCEPTABLE
This can be expressed to the GM and brought up post game. Inactivity is not a bannable offense. Game flaking is but lurking is not.
HEY EMC, DID YOU GET BACK TO ME?

No you fucking did not. The above post was on Sunday evening, my time.

It is now early on Wednesday morning, my time.

EMC has not posted in about 50 hours now.

I am happy with my vote on him.

I repeat my D1 statement that he should have been banned from this game for his recent non-participations and modkills. This crap harms the game for everyone and it strikes me that EMC is a deeply selfish and narcissistic person for continuing to sign up when he can almost never participate to a reasonable extent.
NOT ACCEPTABLE
This does not need to be said during a game. Lurking even serially is not against wincons or rules.

The fact people can mention that shit in the way they did is just a gm mistake, and should be banned from ever happening again....probably?
ACCEPTABLE
This borders on being unacceptable but doesnt flame anyone or cause animosity.
Go fuck yourself with a rusty spoon ghug. You're absolutely the worst person in this situation for what you said and how you continue to treat me, but public opinion will continue to support you.

I don't care anymore - get me banned from webDiplomacy for all I fucking care, bo_sox will gladly help you with that.

Get me banned from Mafia for all I care, I am almost entirely sure no one will give a shit about me no longer playing. People love you and don't feel obligated to say a word about the shit you said, but I get to be public enemy for what I said to Durga. That's the hypocrisy in this fucking community at its finest.
NOT ACCEPTABLE
Flaming and toxicity are certainly never going to be accepted. This is an extreme example of why we should stop accusing people of cheating in game threads. Self control is difficult to maintain when you are upset and tormented with sanctions. The reply here was inexcusable as well.
Wjessop was a former regular Mafia player who was also GM a couple of times and turned out to be a cheating multi-accounter. To complete the picture, what if I told you that he was found out, and *banned* from webDip forever, when he was right in the middle of GM-ing a Mafia game?
ACCEPTABLE
explaining why someone was banned and wh that person was is not flaming or antagonistic. it is a story.
When town should you obvtown or keep something up your sleeve metawise for future games when rol..."
If you're playing for the purpose of other games and not the one you're in you should be day killed and banned
NOT ACCEPTABLE
This type of post is antagonistic, and unecessary. To harass a player and threaten sanction during the game creates public animosity. This is the types of cheating accusations we should have in a PM or post game topic. A player shouldnt be using a perceived violation as a stepping stool to boost their own image.
Banned is a bit harsh, but day killed I agree.
UNACCEPTABLE
it is not the players position to discuss specific punishments for fellow participants.
Friggin’ emojis. Should be banned!
ACCEPTABLE
this is tongue in cheek, not flaming not targeting

↑Foxcastle: "##CALL GM: How is this not a violation of the no spam rule?"
It's totally against that rule and he will be banned from future games if he does not stop.
NOT ACCEPTABLE
The statements are true. And could have all been done via PM to the GMs instead. My behavior in this was also a rule violation. Had we reviewed my spamming I would have potentially been sanctioned. Instead players chose to turn the thread into a council hearing mid phase and to propose sanctions. A council member chose to be both a player and judge, and individuals chose here to make my rule violation a threat of severe retribution rather than working with GM and council to dissolve the violation.

↑Jamiet99uk: "It's totally against that rule and he will be banned from future games if he does not stop."
Oh, right, Jamiet is on the Council! You can expect my petition to ban BB from the next game as a penalty for this nonsense after game.
NOT ACCEPTABLE
now we have a player threatening another player with postgame petitions to ban them from ever getting to play again. Flaming and targeting.
jamie should be banned for abusing council status in game
NOT ACCEPTABLE
this is a violation of rule 6 and should not be in the game.
they want me banned so they can hunt you today.
just keep killing these pocket protector basic bitches
NOT ACCEPTABLE
This was additional toxicity which likely should have gotten me modkilled for flaming and targeting.

He should be banned from this game and at least 1 or 2 future games. It's uncalled for. Rivera didn't do jack and brain gets a license to be a complete fuck to him?

Nah. Nah.
UNACCEPTABLE
Naming specific penalties out of a hat, whether valid or driven by anger are examples of violating the role of GM and council to make these decisions; not the players in the game. This should have been a PM and brainbomb did in fact apologize, and served a self imposed punishment for a time.

I agree. Either way, I do not want to depend on Percy to bring the victory home near end game and he is clearly never ever going to be NKed. We should lynch him now or at least pressure him into actually playing. If he is not willing to then I think he should be banned from playing mafia as he is not trying to play to his win condition.
UNACCEPTABLE
Accusing people of not playing to wincon is a common form of flaming targeting and cheating accusation. If you feel a player deliberately game threw or intentionally wanted to hurt the game feel free to PM the GM, and council; and post game there should be a topical consideration on if it was just poor play or malicious play meant to harm webdip mafia.

brainbomb

#37 Post by brainbomb » Fri May 07, 2021 2:11 pm

Chippe is doing that because you behaved like assholes. He was new but trying to contribute, but you didn't congratulate him, especially you Jamie!
I don't think ChippeRock must be banned. Just warn him and let him join another game.
Unacceptable
Players should not turn the game into a substantive debate on punishment and specific sanctions. Let councils and GMs concern themself with that.
Wow. Chipperock should be banned for life. What a prick.
UNACCEPTABLE
Even if true. which is ultimately was. Chippee is the only person formally banned from playing in our games. This perpetuated the toxicity and was unecessary. Flaming, Targeting, and discussing specific punishments during an ongoing game.
think we can perm ban chippee. Weve never perm banned someone, but no one, not even jamie has ever deadposted and ruined an entire game
UNACCEPTABLE
flaming, targeting, discussing specific sanction in an ongoing game player behaving as a sanctioner during this.

brainbomb

#38 Post by brainbomb » Fri May 07, 2021 2:18 pm

TLDR
many people use rule violations as a way to appear town, expressing dramatic reactions to things occuring in the game. Gaming the situation and barking for people to be banned is a form of targeting which a dead player cannot defend against. Accusing people of breaking rules, ruining the game, threatening to ban them is a complete turn off to new players who dont know who to follow or what to do. By eliminating discussions like this we can play mafia and express frustrations in ways that dont rely on always making every perceived poor decision into some thing we need to ban or sanction.

worcej

#39 Post by worcej » Fri May 07, 2021 2:53 pm

FWIW, I think it's unacceptable to have to dredge out posts and have your own opinions on what people said.

I especially did not appreciate seeing my own words with your opinion attached to them.

brainbomb

#40 Post by brainbomb » Fri May 07, 2021 3:24 pm

I think I adequately explained what types of posts and behavior I am going to watch out for and prevent as the GM of this game.