MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5861 Post by foodcoats » Sun May 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:26 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:22 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:21 pm

I've been scumreading food since forever
LOL

Y THO
Because your d1 posts felt not town and they have barely improved since.
Okay, so let's say you're right.

In addition to me, who are the three remaining scum?

Can you please give us your four and your reasoning?

Bonatogether

#5862 Post by Bonatogether » Sun May 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:50 pm

I think it certainly is a case, and one perhaps worthy of causing change in thought.

I started with a scumread on bona. This switched to town to to his ongoing handling of the darg claim. It took guts to go against the town like that, and I liked that someone had agreed with me.

To find out now that is was to "protect darg", is a bit of a let down.

I agree with your sentiment that it did not seem like he was softing cop. That came to appear when people kept asking him if he was secretly the cop, giving reason to his suspicion, but he flat out denies these claims.
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:34 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:31 pm

I am voting for Ham.

I distrust Macca and Maniac.

Bona, despite your argument, continues to seem scum to me. Probably some annoyance OMGUS. But I'm looking for a fake claim for him, set up by the suggestion in here that he is still doubting because he is going to claim cop.

My order of preference today is Ham, maniac, macca.
I don't plan on claiming cop
From my perspective, this "I was trying to softclaim" comes of as weak and seeming to be trying to cover his back. All in all, I think less of him after than before.

TL;DR I would be willing to vote for Bona tomorrow.
I was trying to be coy about it >:(

Being blatant means scum wouldn't have believed me.

Bonatogether

#5863 Post by Bonatogether » Sun May 02, 2021 4:19 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:09 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

LOL

Y THO

My POE (in no particular order) is you, kgray, celaph, Chaqa, rdr.

You for a persistent inability to be townie for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Kgray for bending over backwards to defend celaph in weird ways.

Kgray's defenses don't really make sense unless celaph is scum. Celaph also (as has been pointed out by others) hasn't put out the sort of reads that he did as town before. He did some d1 but not afterwards.

Chaqa has acted townie but I just can't get over the feeling that he might be scum. He fooled a lot of people last time as scum doing things not entirely dissimilar from what he's doing now.

rdr hasn't felt as probing or plain smart (I would say sharp but that is overused now) this game in a way similar to how Demon wasn't.

foodcoats

#5864 Post by foodcoats » Sun May 02, 2021 4:26 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:51 pm
In fact unless we think Maniac was unlucky enough to block 3 town in a row we should confine ourselves to

Jamie Chaqa rdr

Given we know Jamie is not Janitor and Chaqa voted Demon the optimal vote tomorrow is rdr.

Yep, vote rdr tomorrow.
I believe the odds are 61.1% Maniac blocked scum. Check my math, sir... I'm a words man, not the numbers type... :razz:

Nonetheless, I believe you are confusing probability for causality. I might use these probabilities if we had more margin for error, but given we have no miskills, I'm not willing to roll the dice without trying to rig them in town's favour first.

rdr IS actually one of the players I can't sort, and I think he might be scum, but I'm not willing to vote for him tomorrow unless someone can show me in his iso that he is scummy. I'll take a run at it eventually.

I would vote for bona, Macca, or yavu.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5865 Post by Chaqa » Sun May 02, 2021 4:34 pm

damo666 wrote:
In fact unless we think Maniac was unlucky enough to block 3 town in a row we should confine ourselves to

Jamie Chaqa rdr

Given we know Jamie is not Janitor and Chaqa voted Demon the optimal vote tomorrow is rdr.

Yep, vote rdr tomorrow.
Maniac’s roleblock choices are not at all alignment indicative. This is purely bad thought process here

foodcoats

#5866 Post by foodcoats » Sun May 02, 2021 4:34 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:19 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

Kgray's defenses don't really make sense unless celaph is scum. Celaph also (as has been pointed out by others) hasn't put out the sort of reads that he did as town before. He did some d1 but not afterwards.

Chaqa has acted townie but I just can't get over the feeling that he might be scum. He fooled a lot of people last time as scum doing things not entirely dissimilar from what he's doing now.

rdr hasn't felt as probing or plain smart (I would say sharp but that is overused now) this game in a way similar to how Demon wasn't.
Actually...

I should probably listen to damo because he is much more experienced at mafia than I... and it sounds like you know rdr's meta better than I do.

bona, are you able to point to some examples regarding rdr's behaviour that seem scummy? Or where he was similar to Demon? I need to sort him.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5867 Post by Chaqa » Sun May 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:02 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:37 pm
In fact I’m feeling there has to be, because I’ve gotten such strong town vibes from Bona.
Strong town vibes?

Why?
Decided the vote on RHK, and I generally don’t think scum would play as he has.

Jamiet99uk

#5868 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 02, 2021 4:36 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:21 pm

I've been scumreading food since forever
LOL

Y THO
This is rubbish, come on. You may disagree with Food's case on you, but you can't deny he's putting in a great deal of effort.

foodcoats

#5869 Post by foodcoats » Sun May 02, 2021 4:37 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:34 pm
damo666 wrote:

Jamie Chaqa rdr

Yep, vote rdr tomorrow.
Maniac’s roleblock choices are not at all alignment indicative. This is purely bad thought process here
I would argue that you slapping down a "well let's just get Macca tomorrow" is also bad thought process.

GIVE US YER THOUGHTS CHAQA

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5870 Post by Chaqa » Sun May 02, 2021 4:37 pm

And oh yeah, Jamie is probably basically confirmed town.

If he ours the WW the wolf can come in and say he guessed VT on Jamie, in which case scum!Jamie would be outed, so I think only town!Jamie reveals that he was targeted by the Wolf there

Jamiet99uk

#5871 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 02, 2021 4:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Jamie Chaqa rdr

Yep, vote rdr tomorrow.
I have to agree with Chaqa on this point.

Maniac was town, and playing badly. He had no special knowledge about who was scum. Gambler's fallacy at work here perhaps?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5872 Post by Chaqa » Sun May 02, 2021 4:39 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:37 pm
Chaqa wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Jamie Chaqa rdr

Yep, vote rdr tomorrow.
I would argue that you slapping down a "well let's just get Macca tomorrow" is also bad thought process.

GIVE US YER THOUGHTS CHAQA
I have explained my scumread of Macca several times throughout the game and tried to make it happen literally every day except Day 1.

Stop being difficult.

The first scum is pretty obviously Macca

Bonatogether

#5873 Post by Bonatogether » Sun May 02, 2021 4:53 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:19 pm
foodcoats wrote:

Actually...

I should probably listen to damo because he is much more experienced at mafia than I... and it sounds like you know rdr's meta better than I do.

bona, are you able to point to some examples regarding rdr's behaviour that seem scummy? Or where he was similar to Demon? I need to sort him.
rdr's actions are not scummy by themselves, but comparing to previous games there is a clear disconnect.
M59
rdr wrote: You are deliberately ignoring two things:
- most people gave reasons for his reads;
- a lot of people was questioned on his reads (see Gold for example).

This gives more info then most discussions around and I fail to see why you are dismissing it.
Also m59
rdr wrote: I don't think scum will let them be cornered to two scum wagons on D1. To me is more likely Flash was a town counterwagon then another scum one.
m64
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:39 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:25 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:19 pm

Hmm. That's a good question. I guess there are a few possibilities.

(1) You're scum and it's your buddy/buddies giving me heat - I guess that would make Donny and/or Bunny your partner(s)?

(2) People generally respect my read ability more than yours and would be less worried about you being wrong (don't think this is likely at all).

(3) People are suspicious of celaph's EoD post linking me to him?

(4) The patriarchy?

I actually can't think of anything particularly convincing. Do you think there's a reason?
I think 2 night actually hold some water within the context of this game. Nobody seems to be taking me all that seriously, and you've assumed something oh a leading role.

I guess you were the only one really shading me for doubting the HR thing, but the vibe I got was that that feeling was garnering more attention than my celaph opinion was. My first instinct would be that it's because scum wants the easy kill and doesn't really want to give the dissenting fire any oxygen (think the day Moscow died in the game I pocketed the shit out of you), but that doesn't make sense if people are engaging with your dissent.
I think the main difference is Kgray is more actively pushing for not to kill Celaph even knowing we need to flip him. What are the options? We do that flip him today he will be a wagon every single day unless there is a mech way to confirm him one way or another or a vig exists.

I think his claim could be true, but it's a claim that can't be easily proved and have a same role as scum.
It woould be just unfortunate if he is town but he was the runner up in a town kill, saved by an Alien the next day and lied about his role under pressure. Probably any of this reasons alone is worth flipping him. Even him (if town) would agree he is the right flip today.
this game
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:46 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:54 pm
@Rivera why didn't you vote Bona over worcej when it was tied with 2 minutes left at EOD?
Because I didn't have a scumread on Bona at that time. I even agreed with Chaqa that voting Bona is a bad idea.

I pressured Bona earlier and his reaction is more what I expect from town Bona then scum Bona, plus his vote D1 give him some credit to not be D2 kill. I didn't have Worcej as too town read to vote Bona over him. I should have voted Maniac and not stay obnoxiously on Damo, this is something I have to admit.
There's not as much depth here, imo.

Bonatogether

#5874 Post by Bonatogether » Sun May 02, 2021 4:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:36 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

LOL

Y THO
This is rubbish, come on. You may disagree with Food's case on you, but you can't deny he's putting in a great deal of effort.
I'm not claiming he's not putting in effort. I'm saying he's not making townie posts.

yavuzovic

#5875 Post by yavuzovic » Sun May 02, 2021 4:59 pm

@food, I agree that your case on Bona makes sense and I will be willing to votekill Bona but not before Macca because of the reason damo666 pointed out. We can't take the risk to eliminate a Demon voter. Killing Bona will also be much safer if we successfully kill a mafia member and reveal more information.

yavuzovic

#5876 Post by yavuzovic » Sun May 02, 2021 5:02 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:25 pm
Chaqa wrote:
There’s still an outside chance Damo or Jamie could be scum.

Food, celaph, kgray, or I (or some combo) could be bussers.

In fact I’m feeling there has to be, because I’ve gotten such strong town vibes from Bona.

Macca first then we can evaluate
I think it is massively better to flip bona because we get so much information from it.

Macca is likely scum, too, but we don't get nearly as much value flipping Macca now. Macca will be flipped eventually so we want Macca to say more things before they go.
Don't you think Macca will make it safer to kill Bona if they effectively supported each other's right to lurk? We definitely have only one miskill and shouldn't we kill someone scumread for a longer time. Macca also was saved in Day 3...

foodcoats

#5877 Post by foodcoats » Sun May 02, 2021 5:16 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:02 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I think it is massively better to flip bona because we get so much information from it.

Macca is likely scum, too, but we don't get nearly as much value flipping Macca now. Macca will be flipped eventually so we want Macca to say more things before they go.
Don't you think Macca will make it safer to kill Bona if they effectively supported each other's right to lurk? We definitely have only one miskill and shouldn't we kill someone scumread for a longer time. Macca also was saved in Day 3...
My main concern about Macca is that they're an easy miskill and may be driven there by scum.

I mean, I do actually think Macca is scum? But... I can't know for sure? And I worry about the easy miskill. I'll have to go back and read Chaqa's case... guess I missed it.

What do you think of Macca overall?

Bonatogether

#5878 Post by Bonatogether » Sun May 02, 2021 5:24 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:16 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

My main concern about Macca is that they're an easy miskill and may be driven there by scum.

I mean, I do actually think Macca is scum? But... I can't know for sure? And I worry about the easy miskill. I'll have to go back and read Chaqa's case... guess I missed it.

How do you know Macca is a miskill?

Bonatogether

#5879 Post by Bonatogether » Sun May 02, 2021 5:25 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

What information will you get if I am town? and if I am scum?

foodcoats

#5880 Post by foodcoats » Sun May 02, 2021 5:39 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:24 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:16 pm
yavuzovic wrote:

How do you know Macca is a miskill?
I’m scum.