MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5141 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:19 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:12 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:36 pm
You guys! I passed my prelim exam today!! I’m officially a PhD candidate and will never be a student again :-D :-D :-D
Good work! (I am pursuing a part-time PhD)
What is your thesis about?
Experimental fluid dynamics! It's tons of fun and I often hate it :lol:

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5142 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 am
While I independently think they are both scummy, I think that it's unlikely that both HB and Jamie are scum together given the former's vote on the latter here. Especially after the last two town members self-voted, it seems pretty easy for one to come up with an excuse about why Jamie shouldn't be killed today. Additionally, if Jamie was intending to be bussed, then his reaction here will make it much harder for scum on his wagon to get town cred by making himself an obvious kill and his reads matter less.

##vote Jamie
Jamie didn't self-vote though?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5143 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:38 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 am
D2 worcej self votes
D3 flum self votes
D4 Jamie bans himself from speaking

Marvellous
Jamiet had done things like this before as town (remember when he set a message limit as town). Also, why scum Jamiet that wasn't at any risk to be the DK will make this play and get this attention?

I suspect anyone on Jamiet's wagon now as it's opportunistic as hell, specially you and Maniac.

##vote Maniac
I think you're right about it not making sense for him to unnecessarily draw this attention to himself, but it's not quite the same as that scenario. He imposed that message limit to force him to listen more and talk less because he felt like he was leading town in the wrong direction. This is him overreacting to pressure.

foodcoats

#5144 Post by foodcoats » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:39 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:58 pm
@rdr

here we go

##vote yav

Yav/Jamie/Maniac/kgray scumteam ???

I was going to post about how I really like the posts Hamilton just made analyzing yavu. And I do.

But it’s very interesting that HB suddenly hauled arse when damo called out yav. I haven’t seen HB move like that in a while. And all to declare yav is town.

celaph

#5145 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:42 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:50 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:28 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:24 pm

So, what is holding you from joining?
Cause Jamie had more people, but I was just about to talk about my vote so you're here at the perfect time.

I think my vote on Jamie is an angry vote. He's probably still town, he's just so infuriating to play with.

I will ##VOTE Maniac
Agree about Jamiet being infuriating some times, but it´s usually a town tell and not a scum tell from him and vets should know it better.
I agree with this, yet I also contend that he hasn't really felt interested in solving as he has as town before. Do you disagree or do you think his lack of solving is also town indicative for him?

foodcoats

#5146 Post by foodcoats » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:46 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:09 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:20 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:00 pm

Like... the problem for me is... with how townie the RHK wagon appears...

It’s not even crazy that like BOTH Kak and Ham could be scum?

I was just looking at kgray again but like

If kgray is scum

That is top pro scumming
Hamilton first, though. I feel good about Kak due to the gun play as well.
I think there's a decent chance that Hamilton and kak are scumbuddies based on the way Hamilton didn't seem at all worried that he'd get shot when kak was super scumreading him.
Maybe... could explain why scum couldn’t counter wagon D1. RHK had strong towned brain and Ham and Kak were his buds?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5147 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:00 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:49 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:40 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:23 pm
Rivera and Macca to be on Maniac makes me think that Jamie can be the third member of the scum team. I will try to look at past interactions.
Are you suspecting the three of them to be on the scum team?

IF so, why would they harden their vote like that?

I guess I can think of a couple of reasons, but it's as kooky as a concerted conspiracy to fake roleblocks.
Actually I realised that Jamie stayed of Macca wagon for quite a long time in Day 3, but apart from this they don't push each other much, they nearly don't vote for each other (Macca's vote on Jamie today is even scummier because they seemed to vote him but only seemed, then moved on to Maniac immediately.) and these look like mafia connections. I will look further in their messages as I finished catching up.
This is a good observation. In M62 Jamie was scum with yoyo, who lurked constantly, and Jamie did a similar thing that he's doing here with Macca where he pressured yoyo a bunch on the surface but didn't seem to actually want yoyo to be the DK. I think Jamie's frustration with lurkers is real, but his tunnel on Maniac has prevented him from really pushing Macca.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5148 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:03 pm

So, here's a thought I was just having.

Yesterday, we had Flum and Maniac up as the two main wagons near EoD. It was tied 8-8. At this point, I would assume if Maniac is scum, someone would save him by breaking the tie (since we know Flum was town, it would have to go that way).

Damo swaps to break the tie, making it 9-7. Then Kakarot moves to macca. Now, I don't actually hate that move. I think him jumping off to prevent a tie is not necessarily scummy. Then ghug swaps over to lock it down.

Three moves. One we know is town (ghug). One doesn't seem strictly scummy (Kak). That leaves Damo.

So if Maniac flips scum, the entire scum team was already voting for Flum, and Damo is likely scum.

Interestingly, Damo is not voting for Maniac atm.

Macca, rivera, and food are Maniac voters who previously voted for Flum.

Jamie is a Maniac voter through and through.

Just... the way the Flum/Maniac votes fell doesn't immediately scream scum!Maniac to me based on Day 3.

celaph

#5149 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:14 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 am
While I independently think they are both scummy, I think that it's unlikely that both HB and Jamie are scum together given the former's vote on the latter here. Especially after the last two town members self-voted, it seems pretty easy for one to come up with an excuse about why Jamie shouldn't be killed today. Additionally, if Jamie was intending to be bussed, then his reaction here will make it much harder for scum on his wagon to get town cred by making himself an obvious kill and his reads matter less.

##vote Jamie
Jamie didn't self-vote though?
His choice to stop posting has a similar feel to me. It feels incredibly anti-town, but it's to the point that I don't usually expect scum to act this way. Just like with the self-votes. And I expect that someone could defend them similarly.

celaph

#5150 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:18 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:19 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
kgray wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:36 pm
You guys! I passed my prelim exam today!! I’m officially a PhD candidate and will never be a student again :-D :-D :-D
Nerd!

As a physics major I mean this in the most positive way possible. :razz:

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5151 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:22 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:50 pm
@kgray. Are you still committed to your vote in kak? Any movement towards anyone else?

I am leaning towards switching to maniac, liking the suggestions that it might unpack others. What unpacking options do you see?
I still think he's scummy, but I'm not committed to a vote that won't go anywhere, no.

I'd switch to Maniac, I'm more suspicious of him than I was earlier. I'm back to thinking celaph looks pretty good and I really dislike Maniac's scumread of him being based on potential PR results that were never revealed - especially when he flipped between it being a maf result and a werewolf result.

And I think something is going on with Maniac and Jamie. Jamie's tunnel on him reminds me of his busing of ghug in M63, and Maniac just brushes off all of Jamie's pressure.

I liked yav's point about a potential Jamie/Macca team and Jamie getting frustrated with his teammate for lurking. So they're both decent options to me, although... I don't know if Jamie does his rage-quit thing as scum.

I keep going back to Demon picking kak over Hamilton as his counter wagon. I think it suggests either that Hamilton is scum or people on his wagon are. I townread Rivera and worcej was town, so that makes me sus of Hamilton and yav. They're also both really hard for me to read. Of the two of them, I think yav is townier based on his fearless accusations and Hamilton is scummier based on his sheeping of dead townies' reads and wishy-washy statements. He does that as town though... So I really don't know.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5152 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:30 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:18 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:19 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Nerd!

As a physics major I mean this in the most positive way possible. :razz:
You're a physics major?! I did astrophysics in undergrad! No wonder I like you :geek:

damo666

#5153 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:39 pm

If I discard thsoe I deem to be town for one reason another and I discard certain pairs as they don't make sense as scumpartners I am amazingly only left with one possible scumteam.

I am happy to announce the scumteam are:

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Anyone apart from darg and I could be ww.

Prove me wrong.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5154 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:39 pm
If I discard thsoe I deem to be town for one reason another and I discard certain pairs as they don't make sense as scumpartners I am amazingly only left with one possible scumteam.

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Prove me wrong.
I like at least two of those names. Probably three.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5155 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:51 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:39 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:58 pm
@rdr

here we go

##vote yav

Yav/Jamie/Maniac/kgray scumteam ???

I was going to post about how I really like the posts Hamilton just made analyzing yavu. And I do.

But it’s very interesting that HB suddenly hauled arse when damo called out yav. I haven’t seen HB move like that in a while. And all to declare yav is town.
You are clearly welcome to read into it what you will. You can do a search on me though to find I suggested a re-read of Rivera and Yav interactions early in Day 4, or maybe it was N3. Anyway, instead of a microscope fixed on the interactions, I went meta on Yav with some RDR thrown in there. Nothing to do with Damo, but thanks for noticing my arse.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5156 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:53 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:42 pm

I agree with this, yet I also contend that he hasn't really felt interested in solving as he has as town before. Do you disagree or do you think his lack of solving is also town indicative for him?
I know I was not the recipient for this but if I can answer...for myself, I don't get the sense that Jamie is trying to solve. I think there's interactions between key players. One could make the assertion that there's been some solving-like interactions around the RBs and the PR actions.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5157 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:00 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 pm
damo666 wrote:

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Prove me wrong.
Settle on up to the bar and tell me about those two.

Interesting that Yav keeps coming up as scum to other people. Again my read was focused on who they were towning and scumming, but I felt I read enough in between to have a decent sense of them. Is that why they're not really letting up on Rivera? Theatre?

Let me ask you this, then, since I'm towning on you...if it might be the wrong play to axe Jamie today who'd be a better replacement? Still Maniac or one of Macca/RDR/Yav? Hold off on answering that. I'd like to see if I can look at VCA to see who might generate more info. If I can't come up with it you'll know when I raise the white flag.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5158 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:02 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:42 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:50 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Cause Jamie had more people, but I was just about to talk about my vote so you're here at the perfect time.

I think my vote on Jamie is an angry vote. He's probably still town, he's just so infuriating to play with.

I will ##VOTE Maniac
Agree about Jamiet being infuriating some times, but it´s usually a town tell and not a scum tell from him and vets should know it better.
No, it´s not town indicative, in fact it´s the main thing that keep me having some suspects about Jamiet.

The fact is that Jamiet have usually a strong presence either as town or as scum. He knows he can´t play low profile as scum so he usually mimic his town play but just being less natural or sometimes tunneling too much. But this game he isn´t playing either his town or scum meta (that´s why I speculated before he could be WW). Anyway, I don´t want to hunt for WW today, it´s too risky.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5159 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:07 pm

damo666 wrote:

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Prove me wrong.
I can only prove when I flip, but I know for sure you are wrong.

I am 100% confirmed town 8-)

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5160 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:11 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:00 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 pm
damo666 wrote:

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Prove me wrong.
Settle on up to the bar and tell me about those two.

Interesting that Yav keeps coming up as scum to other people. Again my read was focused on who they were towning and scumming, but I felt I read enough in between to have a decent sense of them. Is that why they're not really letting up on Rivera? Theatre?

Let me ask you this, then, since I'm towning on you...if it might be the wrong play to axe Jamie today who'd be a better replacement? Still Maniac or one of Macca/RDR/Yav? Hold off on answering that. I'd like to see if I can look at VCA to see who might generate more info. If I can't come up with it you'll know when I raise the white flag.
I really, really dislike this "generate more info" justification for a wagon. You should vote who you think have the most chance to flip scum, this is usefull information. Flipping someone because he was the counter wagon of X or because he voted on Y is usually lazy and a good way for scum to push town miskill without much commitment.