MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#4941 Post by damo666 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:46 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:43 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:55 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:14 pm

I am really unsure who I will vote for right now.

I still think something stinks amongst all the roleblock claims. It's not hard-confirmed that we are NOT in setup 1.

So a possible candidate, for me, could come from either Damo, Jamie, Darg, Rivera.
Are you mad? That would require liars every night. Why on earth would that happen?
Who knows! Here's my MO, and it's in RL as well. I speculate out loud. Drives my wife crazy but it's because I need to verbalize different scenarios, options, whatever. I do it with her a lot of the time because when I gauge her exasperated response, that tells me, "Brian, that wouldn't be a good move."

I write these things to then be able to check for validation, "Hey Brian, you might be on to something, " or invalidation, such as "Are you mad?"
There is a scenario where set up 1 is possible. See my recent post above.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4942 Post by Chaqa » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:47 pm

celaph wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:34 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:27 pm
Food, what do you think of the following:

Yavu

Hamilton

Macca
@Chaqa, thoughts on Jamie?
Also, you're doing that thing again where you don't provide your own thoughts, you just ask questions and parrot other people. It's beginning to make me doubt your towniness.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4943 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:33 pm
Oh shit.

Set up 1 is possible if Jamie and darg both scum.

N1 scum RBs me, Jamie fake claims

N2 scum RBs rdr, darg fake claims

N3 scum RBs chaqa, darg fake claims

This means we have

i) a cop with loads of info and would explain why Macca is voting darg (not say I shouldn't have said this, in this scenario I thik darg would have noticed)
ii) rdr and Chaqa are both either town or ww

Macca if you are cop time to reveal is now.

If anyone else is cop (Bona) probaly also time to reveal.

I still think set up 3 is way more likely but the above is possible.
Thank you!!! I've been feeling...like I've been chipping at, and eating paint chips every time I mentioned it.

foodcoats

#4944 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:47 pm
celaph wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Yavu

Hamilton

Macca
Also, you're doing that thing again where you don't provide your own thoughts, you just ask questions and parrot other people. It's beginning to make me doubt your towniness.
I can quote this in response to rdr asking why I think celaph is scummy.

CELAPH NEVER MAKES READS

foodcoats

#4945 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:50 pm

Chaqa wrote:
celaph wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Yavu

Hamilton

Macca
CELAPH WHAT DO YOU THINK OF JAMIE

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4946 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:51 pm

celaph wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:43 pm

It doesn't read like a typo, but this line (highlighted red) contradicts your read of me both before and after and is the line confusing me.
I don't know anymore. Leave it with me. Those posts were hours apart and if anything reflects the fluidity and confusion I've been suffering from.

I think what is important, as far as you are concerned, is that I tend to read you more as town than not.

foodcoats

#4947 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:

Yavu

Hamilton

Macca
Town, scum, can’t decide

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4948 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:56 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:46 pm

I'd like to know how you came to consider it a possibility.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4949 Post by Chaqa » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:58 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Yavu

Hamilton

Macca
Town, scum, can’t decide
Any elaboration?

I'd really like to flip one of them today.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4950 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:59 pm

And @damo, not a hard vote on Macca? One of the "coasters" I was referring to before so checks with the participation. I'm not sure about the votes though.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4951 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:01 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:49 pm
Chaqa wrote:
celaph wrote:

CELAPH NEVER MAKES READS
I didn´t ask you why Celaph is scummy, I asked you why you think that specific message was scummy.
You have been teling why you scumread him all day long and I agrre with your reasoning but I also agree with Chaqa (I think, it´s Chaqa´s) analysis about his vote, which makes me want to not kill him today.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4952 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:04 pm

Going back to Rivera, and interesting how this D1 vote keeps getting a lot of attention, they said, "I don't think HB was the counter wagon to Demon unless Maniac is scum. It looks a lot more like Kaka was the counter wagon, but there is a good chance both are town."

Let's remove Maniac from it; let's assume they're not scum.

If you put me up against Kak as wagons, what conclusions will you be able to make if:

a) I flip scum
b) Kak flips scum
c) either of us flips town

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4953 Post by Chaqa » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:05 pm

Whether we give celaph another day or two depends on if we want to take a higher risk now or later. I tend to think we should try to eliminate the more obvious targets first.

We could request the Werewolf attempt to crunch celaph as a VT. If he is a VT, it would basically be a mis-kill. If he isn't, we can assume he's probably mafia (unless he's the town RBr, which would be stinky, but I don't get that vibe based on who has been roleblocked).

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4954 Post by Chaqa » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:09 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:05 pm
Whether we give celaph another day or two depends on if we want to take a higher risk now or later. I tend to think we should try to eliminate the more obvious targets first.

We could request the Werewolf attempt to crunch celaph as a VT. If he is a VT, it would basically be a mis-kill. If he isn't, we can assume he's probably mafia (unless he's the town RBr, which would be stinky, but I don't get that vibe based on who has been roleblocked).
My theory being if we're going to take a miskill on celaph at some point, we should at least make it a conditional one...

If celaph is alive tomorrow, we could assume he isn't VT. But it depends on the Werewolf being on board.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4955 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:10 pm

And realizing this is far removed from D1 now, but saying this, "already one or two scum (other then Demon) in both Kakarroto and HD wagons to make too risky for other scum to join."

If you were to take a flying leap and suggest who those 1 or 2 scum on those two wagons are, who would they be, Rivera?

Damo and/or Darg on Kak's wagon?
Yav or yourself on mins?

foodcoats

#4956 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:01 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:49 pm
Chaqa wrote:

CELAPH NEVER MAKES READS
I didn´t ask you why Celaph is scummy, I asked you why you think that specific message was scummy.
You have been teling why you scumread him all day long and I agrre with your reasoning but I also agree with Chaqa (I think, it´s Chaqa´s) analysis about his vote, which makes me want to not kill him today.
Let's look at it together.
I think it's towny that Damo had the confidence to go to stats immediately after hearing that it's scum indicative of him.
Note the construction of this sentence. He doesn't say "I town-read damo." He carefully mashes together someone else's scumread of damo into a possible townread of damo, but he is not clearly committed to either stance in terms of how he would slot damo.

celaph - correct me if I am wrong. Would you say you TOWNREAD damo?
That said, the results here are fairly meaningless. For one, knowing now that town rb can't really stop the mafia kill I can totally see them self-targeting especially N1. As such, I don't think we can necessarily assume that rdr or Chaqa are not rb. Additionally, the probabilities are so close together that any read besides straight stats should supersede this.
This is where I sum it up as "and therefore, nothing." This chunk says absolutely nothing. He concludes that we cannot conclude something necessarily. Do you know what the state of affairs is? That state of affairs is BEING TOWN. Being town, we cannot absolutely conclude ANYTHING.

celaph spewing this kind of garbage indicates that he doesn't care about town solving the game, and that he isn't even the headspace OF solving the game. If he was town, he would more rapidly dismiss this and turn it into something he could use to solve and help him advance the game state.

But doesn't it look kind of good? Doesn't it look like celaph is working away to solve the game? Except he isn't. He is not solving. He is spewing garbage nonsense.

Bonatogether

#4957 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:20 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:59 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:19 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:47 am

What did you think about kak's suggestion that darg could still be town protecting the real cop?
It's dumb
Dumb because it sets up darg getting chomped, WW making a mistake, and being one mistake closer to being outed? Or dumb because it hasn't prevented the killing of our other PRs so far?
Because there's no reason for non-cop town!darg to do it beyond exceptional incompetence.

damo666

#4958 Post by damo666 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:27 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:56 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:46 pm

I'd like to know how you came to consider it a possibility.
Your pointing it out together with Macca voting darg

foodcoats

#4959 Post by foodcoats » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:58 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Yavu

Hamilton

Macca
Town, scum, can’t decide
Any elaboration?

I'd really like to flip one of them today.
Yavu's arguments have looked townie to me. Yavu has made a lot of mistakes and gone back and forth, jumped out in attack, made very hard and acute scum reads, etc.

It is possible that yavu is scum-tunneling on rdr, but I think a much better example of scum-tunneling is bona refusing to accept darg as the cop because darg wrote doc. I actually went back and read bona's iso because I think he was possibly subtly indicating he was the cop and he knew darg was not, but then I realized it was just that one typo. That kind of thing is major scum-tunneling and it actually has me scumreading bona now.

Hamilton is so cagey it blows my mind. Hamilton has literally said he is voting celaph BECAUSE HE THINKS CELAPH IS TOWN. U W0T M8. I think Hamilton is working very hard to avoid being nailed down. Of course, it's possible that HB is having trouble solving and is losing confidence as a result, but, sheesh, so am I! So are all the townies I'll bet. This game is really really hard. And the fact that HB refuses to vote for someone on the basis that he thinks that person is scum...? I just...? What? I think it's possible there is a scumteam of HB, kgray, celaph and... some unknown quantity, based on the D1 voting.

With Macca... Macca could very well be either alignment. Sigh. I think I scumlean Macca and would rather see Macca go than many other players, because I don't get the impression Macca is terribly desperate to help town solve.

damo666

#4960 Post by damo666 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:27 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:59 pm
And @damo, not a hard vote on Macca? One of the "coasters" I was referring to before so checks with the participation. I'm not sure about the votes though.
Yep