MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#4601 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:08 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:54 pm

You'd like Chaqa to tell you why you thought he slipped?
I assume because I didn't mention the possibility ghug could be a scanned WW, but i just don't get WW vibes from him, and I've been pretty sure WW is either Maniac or you (Jamie).
So, spoiler, I think Chaqa as werewolf is actually less likely to make this "slip". This response, however, is godawful. It reminds me of when scum Chaqa colored an unflipped player green (i.e. town) in a vote count by accident and then claimed he intended it because the townread was so strong instead of just saying he fucked up.
That sounds vaguely familiar.

Ghug, you have to remember I don't play like the rest of you think I should, regardless of alignment. How often do I need to rally against the "norms" of mafia before it becomes clear lol

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4602 Post by Maniac » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Just while I remember if I was WW I'd guess someone was VT on D1, as we only had 1 NK and no doc claim the people who were blocked N1 become prime suspects for WW.

Thoughts on Rdriveria

30 mins to go on D1 and this is the scores on the doors:

DemonRHK 4 foodcoats VECNA celaph Chaqa
Kakarroto 3 damo666 DARGORYGEL BRAINBOMB
Hamilton Brian 3 yavuzovic WORCEJ rdrivera2005
BRAINBOMB 3 ghug Hamilton Brian kgray
dargorygel 2 Kakarroto Bonatogether
Maniac 1 Jamiet99uk
Bonatogether 2 Macca573 DemonRHK
Jamiet99uk 1 Maniac

DemonRHK is about to make his move. he wants to survive, obviously, so what does he do. He has three wagons all with three votes apiece in second place. He has to be making the calculation about how he gets saved. Clearly if one of those wagons is full of scum, he isn't going to get much help in future. So he needs to pick a mainly town wagon. We now know that Kak's wagon was mainly town, so it was a good choice for him. But what does that tell us about the other two wagons? Sure they could be all town and scum were hiding on minor wagons and bussing DemonRHK, but there is also a good possibility that scum have built at least one of those counter wagons to at least give DemonRHK a chance of survival.

This is my main reason for first suspecting rdriveria. As the third placed man on Hamilton he pushed it to major wagon status. If rdriveria is scum DemonEHK would be better joining the Kak wagon and prey for rdriveria or other scum to follow him there.

Now we now know scum didn't save DemonRHK, but that doesn't mean that DemonRHK wasn't planning for a save.

Rdriveria then gets roleblocked N2. On that night there is no only one kill. Either the kill was a WW kill and Scum!Rdriveria was roleblocked from his kill or maybe Watcher!Brainbomb was killed by Scum and Janitor!Rdriveria was blocked from cleaning up. Another possibility is that WW!Rdriveria was blocked (if so thanks as I could've been the WW target N2).

I also think Chaqa and Rdriveria are in same scum team. See my post on p150 where Chaqa refuses to vote for his scum read rdriveria when rdr was a viable wagon. I know chaqa disputes part of this but it's worth a re-read when i die.

My final scum pick is chaqa for the reason stated above.

So in summary, scum are Celaph, Jamiet, Rdriveria, Chaqa and 1 other (I'm tempted to look at Damo maybe but that's not a strong read).

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4603 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:15 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:11 pm

-- snipped --

I also think Chaqa and Rdriveria are in same scum team. See my post on p150 where Chaqa refuses to vote for his scum read rdriveria when rdr was a viable wagon. I know chaqa disputes part of this but it's worth a re-read when i die.

So in summary, scum are Celaph, Jamiet, Rdriveria, Chaqa and 1 other (I'm tempted to look at Damo maybe but that's not a strong read).
Point me to where I had a scum read on rivera. You even called it a "top scum read" at one point.

You're deliberately and repeatedly lying.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4604 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:18 pm

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4605 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:10 pm
ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:55 pm

I assume because I didn't mention the possibility ghug could be a scanned WW, but i just don't get WW vibes from him, and I've been pretty sure WW is either Maniac or you (Jamie).
So, spoiler, I think Chaqa as werewolf is actually less likely to make this "slip". This response, however, is godawful. It reminds me of when scum Chaqa colored an unflipped player green (i.e. town) in a vote count by accident and then claimed he intended it because the townread was so strong instead of just saying he fucked up.

Ghug, you have to remember I don't play like the rest of you think I should, regardless of alignment. How often do I need to rally against the "norms" of mafia before it becomes clear lol
I understand that, but lying about why you did something that appears sketchy to cover your ass is sketchy regardless of who you are.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4606 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:11 pm
Just while I remember if I was WW I'd guess someone was VT on D1, as we only had 1 NK and no doc claim the people who were blocked N1 become prime suspects for WW.

Thoughts on Rdriveria

30 mins to go on D1 and this is the scores on the doors:

DemonRHK 4 foodcoats VECNA celaph Chaqa
Kakarroto 3 damo666 DARGORYGEL BRAINBOMB
Hamilton Brian 3 yavuzovic WORCEJ rdrivera2005
BRAINBOMB 3 ghug Hamilton Brian kgray
dargorygel 2 Kakarroto Bonatogether
Maniac 1 Jamiet99uk
Bonatogether 2 Macca573 DemonRHK
Jamiet99uk 1 Maniac

DemonRHK is about to make his move. he wants to survive, obviously, so what does he do. He has three wagons all with three votes apiece in second place. He has to be making the calculation about how he gets saved. Clearly if one of those wagons is full of scum, he isn't going to get much help in future. So he needs to pick a mainly town wagon. We now know that Kak's wagon was mainly town, so it was a good choice for him. But what does that tell us about the other two wagons? Sure they could be all town and scum were hiding on minor wagons and bussing DemonRHK, but there is also a good possibility that scum have built at least one of those counter wagons to at least give DemonRHK a chance of survival.

This is my main reason for first suspecting rdriveria. As the third placed man on Hamilton he pushed it to major wagon status. If rdriveria is scum DemonEHK would be better joining the Kak wagon and prey for rdriveria or other scum to follow him there.

Now we now know scum didn't save DemonRHK, but that doesn't mean that DemonRHK wasn't planning for a save.

Rdriveria then gets roleblocked N2. On that night there is no only one kill. Either the kill was a WW kill and Scum!Rdriveria was roleblocked from his kill or maybe Watcher!Brainbomb was killed by Scum and Janitor!Rdriveria was blocked from cleaning up. Another possibility is that WW!Rdriveria was blocked (if so thanks as I could've been the WW target N2).

Why on your analysis you didn't consider the possibility of HB being scum as a reason for Demon not vote for him. And you also don't consider HB put a third vote on Brain (a sure town) making him a viable wagon, that Demon also avoided to vote. And you even for him. You are just ignoring HB existence or you have such a strong town read on him now?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4607 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:19 pm
Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:

I understand that, but lying about why you did something that appears sketchy to cover your ass is sketchy regardless of who you are.
Well, I was scum that game, to be fair. I haven't lied about anything this game.

I could just as easily (and did for a time) harp on you for confusing Watcher and Tracker and being weird about it. Hell, that was a contributing factor in why I chose to vote for Flum over Maniac in the end yesterday, because I couldn't conceive town!Flum making such a big deal about it when he was dead wrong.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4608 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Ah darn, caught me.

Send a roleblock my way if ye dare, scumbos.
Buccaneer Chaqa. Dig the swagger.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4609 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:23 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:20 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Ah darn, caught me.

Send a roleblock my way if ye dare, scumbos.
Buccaneer Chaqa. Dig the swagger.
I actually have some stuff from a place called Swashbucklers from the PA Ren Faire lol

Bonatogether

#4610 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:08 am
I thought I'd explained this [in reference to me saying that they left without a stated reason], but I'll try again.

I wanted to vote for darg but didn't know if it would go anywhere. When I was the last one left, I deemed it was over, and moved my vote to something that might happen.

I like the rest of this post though, keep it up Bona.
There were two votes total. Damo and you. Why did you not push the wagon?

Bonatogether

#4611 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:47 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:09 am
@Bona

How can something be 'really wierd' yet 'to be expected ' ?
It's weird that the same central core of each set of voters were on different wagons in both phases, but given the lack of wagons I think that's kinda just gonna happen - what wagon you are on the first time around is correlated with the second wagon you are on.

Bonatogether

#4612 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:33 am
For instance it shows Bona and Celaph as the only 2 to vote Demon and avoid voting both worcej and Flum.
sheep me for the real votes 8-) 8-) 8-)

Bonatogether

#4613 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:49 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:25 am

Bona: makes it Maniac 8, Flum 7. I just can't read this as anything other than misguided town.
Why is my vote especially misguided if it's TvT?

Bonatogether

#4614 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:50 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:21 pm
Bona, interesting work with D3's VCA.

If the sum total of all 3 day's VCA were collated, what might it suggest? Do you expect the pool of scum to narrow? It might be something I try to play around with today but time might be a factor.
It should narrow since there's more data.

I'd like to see a post like that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4615 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:51 pm

Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Well, I was scum that game, to be fair. I haven't lied about anything this game.

I could just as easily (and did for a time) harp on you for confusing Watcher and Tracker and being weird about it. Hell, that was a contributing factor in why I chose to vote for Flum over Maniac in the end yesterday, because I couldn't conceive town!Flum making such a big deal about it when he was dead wrong.
You're missing my point. I don't care that you missed a mechanical subtlety. I care that you tried to explain that mistake away as an expression of your reads when pressed on it.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4616 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:51 pm
Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:

You're missing my point. I don't care that you missed a mechanical subtlety. I care that you tried to explain that mistake away as an expression of your reads when pressed on it.
Well, that's the reason I didn't think of it, whether you like it or not.

I've been pretty adamant about my WW reads.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4617 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:55 pm

If I were the Werewolf, you don't think I'd be keenly and uniquely aware of the cop/WW interaction, and be sure to mention it?

Bonatogether

#4618 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:57 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:58 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:49 pm
We were assuming that scenario 1 was out of play due to the roleblock claims. That'd be some devious shit knowing there's not a town roleblocker and drop roleblock claims.
I think we can reasonably discount this theory.
Why?

Bonatogether

#4619 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:59 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:46 pm
Kak moving off Maniac onto Macca was also very scummy indeed.
I missed that vote. What a weird vote. That IS scummy.

@Kak, why did you vote for Macca to avoid a tie rather than moving to Flum?
I don't want to answer for them but with 16 people on major wagons you can 8-8 tie but with 15 it's not possible to tie.

Bonatogether

#4620 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:05 pm

Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Wow, really? Incredible.