MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#4501 Post by Maniac » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:54 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:33 pm
Maniac, good write-up but I feel you put names in when you were talking about someone else? Ghug is listed twice?
And now my other question is, "How much buddying are you hoping to accomplish with that output?"
Thanks. Some people appear twice because they voted more than once in the last couple of hours. I was analysing individual votes, rather than the players.

In truth I could do with buddying everyone if it keeps me alive lol

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4502 Post by Maniac » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:01 pm
@Maniac: You have exactly one scumread, yes?

Does this mean you have magically stopped scumreading me?
I've been called away 1/4 way though the write up. Don't worry I haven't forgotten you.

Jamiet99uk

#4503 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:01 pm
@Maniac: You have exactly one scumread, yes?

Does this mean you have magically stopped scumreading me?
I've been called away 1/4 way though the write up. Don't worry I haven't forgotten you.
I'm remarkably forgettable.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4504 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:10 pm

Does maniac usually rely on and trust brain?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4505 Post by Maniac » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:17 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:10 pm
I'll trust any dead town PR who I think is trying to tell us something.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4506 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:22 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:17 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Hmmm.... "dead" is not an added reliability criteria, other than that we know they are hard-established in their role.

I am not sure that BB was seeing celaph as scum from brain's PR ability, though. I think he was deductifying. I agree he DID see celaph as scum, though. Just not from a perspective of a watcher.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4507 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:23 pm

10 v 4 v 1
Still decent but could use a werewolf hit on scum tonight.

Just realized we're down to 3 PRs.

@Maniac, you're scumreading Celaph primarily. What's your take on their vote for Demon on D1? It was their one and only vote (need to check but maybe they were going to be away?) but does that not refute the scum factor a bit?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4508 Post by Maniac » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:26 pm

My thoughts on Jamie

So Jamie was one of two players Roleblocked on n1. I can't see a situation where mafia don't try and clean up their kill on N1, so the absense of a kill puts damo and Jamie in the frame for being the janitor. If the janitor did visit vecna it would also make sense to roleblock vecna particularly if vecna had crumbed his role, so that would mean one of scum could fake claim roleblock.

More recently Jamie has been high up on the posting chart without really doing anything apart from pushing a lurker to contribute more (so easy for laxy scum to pick on a lurker) and engaging in a spat with me. But how real is that spat? Jamie isn't adverse to calling people names and littering his posts with expletives, and yet he appears to cry like a baby when I jokingly poke fun at him. That just seems faker than a fake barbie wearing a fake smile and a fake rolex whilst faking an orgasm. (Although I hear Ken isn't great between the sheets so you can't blame her for that).

So for being fake and in the frame for the janitor role Jamie is my 2nd scum read. I hope he feels better now I haven't forgotten him.

foodcoats

#4509 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:32 pm
I like these wagons. I don't agree about celaph and wouldn't vote for him, but I can understand where people are coming from with his wagon. I still am opposed to voting out non-Maniac RHK voters on principle, at least for now. I'm open to voting Flum as well, though Macca is my preferred DK.

I would also vote for Jamie, Yavu, or MAYBE rivera or damo if it came down to it, but those last two are a VERY large step below the othes.

My town core atm is Bona, celaph, dargo, food, ghug, Kak, kgray.

Comfortable staying on Macca atm.
This is just one quote, but Chaqa is pretty adamant about there being 0 or max 1 busser on RHK. Chaqa brings this stance up every phase.

This sticks out really glaringly to me at this point because it’s not a townie conclusion. We don’t know WHAT happened D1 to cause scum to “screw up,” and we can’t discount that scum may have decided it was a legitimate strategy.

If Chaqa is scum he is playing really well, but obviously scum DO play well and win off such performances. I think Chaqa’s fixated town core and persistent suspicion of Maniac off a strict way of viewing the RHK wagon could be a leak in his scum game, where for example he could be scum with Maniac and celaph and is working his tail to appear obvtown and control the narrative. Chaqa hasn’t looked at me or kgray or celaph at all and just lumped us in his towncore. That is suspicious.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4510 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:29 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:22 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:17 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Hmmm.... "dead" is not an added reliability criteria, other than that we know they are hard-established in their role.

I am not sure that BB was seeing celaph as scum from brain's PR ability, though. I think he was deductifying. I agree he DID see celaph as scum, though. Just not from a perspective of a watcher.
But then look at how much brain was on Celaph over D2 and N2. Over 70 references over that period of time.

And when he had the false WW claim, he was still on Celaph: "and the reason I am claiming is because I really doubt I can win this anyway. My n1 I was not confident enough to go after darg due to watcher fears so I chose instead to go after celaph. I guessed something and it failed."

No, never mind. I understand now in the context of the WW role. I was misunderstanding the "I chose instead" portion. We know he didn't guess Celaph's role, but we can assume he watched.

Jamiet99uk

#4511 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:38 pm

"
Maniac wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:26 pm
Jamie isn't adverse to calling people names and littering his posts with expletives, and yet he appears to cry like a baby when I jokingly poke fun at him. That just seems faker than a fake barbie wearing a fake smile and a fake rolex whilst faking an orgasm.
I don't consider the tone of this post to be "joking" in any way whatsoever:
Maniac wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 pm
Because you're so bad at this game. You're stubborn, arrogant, the complete antithesis of a team player with really poor gut instincts. If you were mechanically cleared as the most powerful PR ever created with a signed letter from the pope guaranteeing you're town and were then given a gun, a time-machine, an invisibility cloak, a invincibly shield and a magic carpet, it would still advance town's win condition to kill you at the earliest opportunity.
"Deeply obnoxious and calculated to hurt" is how I'd describe those words.

Jamiet99uk

#4512 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 pm

Like Maniac you literally came out and said that you think I should always be killed at the earliest opportunity even if I'm a town PR.

Fuck you.

I wish I could kill you tonight but sadly I don't have a NK.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4513 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:40 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:23 pm
10 v 4 v 1
Still decent but could use a werewolf hit on scum tonight.

Just realized we're down to 3 PRs.

@Maniac, you're scumreading Celaph primarily. What's your take on their vote for Demon on D1? It was their one and only vote (need to check but maybe they were going to be away?) but does that not refute the scum factor a bit?
I am feeling really annoyed with your insistence that Werewolf will hit scum somehow. Why do you think he will even try? With two town claims in the table?
And even if he can have a good guess on scum, why do you think he will want to help town?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4514 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:45 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:40 pm

I am feeling really annoyed with your insistence that Werewolf will hit scum somehow. Why do you think he will even try? With two town claims in the table?
And even if he can have a good guess on scum, why do you think he will want to help town?
Just how my head works and perhaps I am projecting too much. I'll drop mentioning it.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4515 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 pm
Like Maniac you literally came out and said that you think I should always be killed at the earliest opportunity even if I'm a town PR.

Fuck you.

I think you are taking Maniac post out of context. It was a joke, maybe not a great one and a bit gross but he was giving options, one of them was that exaggeration that was obvious untrue.

Jamiet99uk

#4516 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:39 pm

Fuck you.

I think you are taking Maniac post out of context. It was a joke, maybe not a great one and a bit gross but he was giving options, one of them was that exaggeration that was obvious untrue.
Well, I don't think yesterday was TvT.
I am going to keep pushing Maniac's daykill until one of us is dead.

foodcoats

#4517 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:13 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:30 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:14 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:48 am

Why is it moronic? Is it cause you won't be townclear anymore?
I don’t think it’s moronic and I’m willing to reevaluate my stance on darg and ghug given the game state. But I think that if darg is fakeclaiming a counter claim will be made by N4. So I’m also willing to sit on it.
Why might we need to wait until N4? I can't find it now but I remember a comment someone made that if Darg survives the night (Night2?) we kill them the next day. I probably have my sequence/timeline wrong BUT it's something that has kind of been abandoned. I feel like it's better to resurrect sooner than later. We've operated under this veil of "Darg claims, town scan on Ghug" since...N2?

I think you're right to re-evaluate. That occured to me during D3.
They can continue to RB darg as long as necessary if he really is the Cop. My point is that if he is NOT the cop, the real cop will need to make that known sooner rather than later so town can act on it.

foodcoats

#4518 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:39 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:06 pm

To channel my inner worcej, we need to put some strong townies on the block so we can win as a town team in the long run. I think we can afford a higher risk set of wagons tomorrow. If we wait longer we might lose because we will get locked into townreading some strong players who may be strong wolves.
So let me understand this. You want to advocate T v T wagons to encourage debate. Wouldn't it be better to pump up the scumreads?
My point is that I think there are "strong scum," and our wagons are looking for "weak scum." I think there is consensus on some "strong town" reads that are very possibly wrong, and we need to push against our preconceptions as town because scum has been able to wrest the advantage that we gained D1.

foodcoats

#4519 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:26 pm
My thoughts on Jamie

So Jamie was one of two players Roleblocked on n1. I can't see a situation where mafia don't try and clean up their kill on N1, so the absense of a kill puts damo and Jamie in the frame for being the janitor. If the janitor did visit vecna it would also make sense to roleblock vecna particularly if vecna had crumbed his role, so that would mean one of scum could fake claim roleblock.

More recently Jamie has been high up on the posting chart without really doing anything apart from pushing a lurker to contribute more (so easy for laxy scum to pick on a lurker) and engaging in a spat with me. But how real is that spat? Jamie isn't adverse to calling people names and littering his posts with expletives, and yet he appears to cry like a baby when I jokingly poke fun at him. That just seems faker than a fake barbie wearing a fake smile and a fake rolex whilst faking an orgasm. (Although I hear Ken isn't great between the sheets so you can't blame her for that).

So for being fake and in the frame for the janitor role Jamie is my 2nd scum read. I hope he feels better now I haven't forgotten him.
I agree with your read on Jamie, however...

I think we should be very cautious about drawing conclusions from the RB.

It is possible that there is NO Town Roleblock, the scum know this, and have falsely claimed being TRB'd in order to sow more confusion. We absolutely do not know for certain there even is a TRB. It may seem like a risky play by scum, but it is really not that wild, because town won't know for certain until either WW is killed and we attempt a mass-claim (which in this setup... doesn't even seem very easy or good) or the game ends.

So it is entirely feasible scum is fake-claiming TRBs.

foodcoats

#4520 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:18 pm

(And to add to that, if there is no TRB, there is no Janitor, which is why the Janitor "failed" both N1 and N2.)