MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#4241 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:00 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:13 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:10 pm
I still townread you but I'm sus of the way you're handling the Macca thing.
How I'm handling the Macca thing?
No, kak.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4242 Post by dargorygel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:01 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:59 pm
celaph wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:53 pm
##vote Maniac

I'm dislike the way that it feels that Maniac has slid back into the shadows the moment that there is no longer a wagon on him. His vote on me seems to be entirely based around an assumption that brain had mechanical info while he hasn't really engaged in the other arguments. His weird mix of good comments, I liked his call out of Chaqa's vote D2, anti-town posts reminds me of M64 and his VT claim has the same energy to mine.

Looking at the other two wagons I'm liking the way that kgray has built the flum argument and I agree with Darg that he's recent change on me is concerning. That said, I wasn't getting the sense that others were early D2 that he was scummy.

Macca's a been a real non-factor and I agree with ghug and food's criticisms of their catch-up. I think they are, and will be for the rest of this game, a good DK.
Thanks, celaph. This is a very agreeable post.

Could you comment on any of the substantive wagons on the board right now? Two hours from EoD, starting a new wagon seems... non-commital... maybe that's not the word.

I understand your read on Maniac. But could you give us a succinct explanation of why you are not choosing Macca, or Flum, or even Celaph? (ok... skip the last one...)
To be more clear (because you DID recently give us some comments on flum and macca) I am interested in why you choose maniac OVER the others, at this particular time.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4243 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:03 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 pm
So worcej's scumlist included kgray, flum, darg, chaqa, and jamie. That's a hell of a team right there but I feel pretty strongly that darg is as much town as town can be.

Flum's day 2 voting was all over the place and on 6 people.

As of the last time I entered anything in Flum's cell, I had this: “Read brain’s ISO; Celaph scum all day long…” Votes Chaqa, questioned about it by Food as to whether it is a joke because Chaqa confused Watcher with Tracker.
#3859 Says they are softening on Celaph but think scum are kgray/rdr/chaqa and concerned with jamie/damo. Gets called out for their reads by Rivera. "\\

If anyone's suggesting, "Brian, looks like you're trying to make a case backward," I am not. I just want to get any of my thoughts out there that might spark with someone else's.
No. Flum confused Watcher and Tracker, I did not.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4244 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:04 pm

If anyone else gets this Watcher/Tracker thing wrong, I'm policy voting them.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4245 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:10 pm

It would almost be too easy if ghug was the Godfather and 3 to 4 scum are voting celaph right now.

Jamiet99uk

#4246 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Just checking in on my phone, on my way home from the gym. I'll be on properly for about the last hour up to EoD.

Haven't seen the last dozen pages or so.

I see from Peterbot that Flum is now the lead wagon. Is that just because he doesn't understand what a Watcher is?

Has Macca done anything to improve their performance or show that they are town?

Any quick questions for me?

Anyone wanna kill Maniac?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4247 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:10 pm

celaph wrote:
##vote Maniac

I'm dislike the way that it feels that Maniac has slid back into the shadows the moment that there is no longer a wagon on him. His vote on me seems to be entirely based around an assumption that brain had mechanical info while he hasn't really engaged in the other arguments. His weird mix of good comments, I liked his call out of Chaqa's vote D2, anti-town posts reminds me of M64 and his VT claim has the same energy to mine.

Looking at the other two wagons I'm liking the way that kgray has built the flum argument and I agree with Darg that he's recent change on me is concerning. That said, I wasn't getting the sense that others were early D2 that he was scummy.

Macca's a been a real non-factor and I agree with ghug and food's criticisms of their catch-up. I think they are, and will be for the rest of this game, a good DK.
Do you mean early D3? I don't think Flum was scumread much D2. And assuming you did mean D3: you didn't think that Flum's push on you, based on brain allegedly crumbing a guilty on you, was scummy? Surely you know that brain couldn't have found anything conclusive against you. But you think it's towny for Flum to vote you presumably for that reason only?

celaph

#4248 Post by celaph » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:13 pm

dargorygel wrote:
celaph wrote:
##vote Maniac

Could you comment on any of the substantive wagons on the board right now? Two hours from EoD, starting a new wagon seems... non-commital... maybe that's not the word.

I understand your read on Maniac. But could you give us a succinct explanation of why you are not choosing Macca, or Flum, or even Celaph? (ok... skip the last one...)
I commented briefly on them in the post you just quoted. Are there things you want me to elaborate on in particular? At the moment my preference of the two is for Flum by a small margin given the way that he's responded to his wagon.

As for my wagon, I think ghug's likely town independently of his vote right now. I'm a little bothered by his noncommittalness, but I think it's coming from a towny perspective. I think my style is hurting me in food's reads, but the way that he's approaching it feel towny. Flum's vote and thought process to it is why I'm scumreading him at the moment and I obviously think that Maniac's vote is suspect given mine.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4249 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:10 pm
Just checking in on my phone, on my way home from the gym. I'll be on properly for about the last hour up to EoD.

I see from Peterbot that Flum is now the lead wagon. Is that just because he doesn't understand what a Watcher is?

Has Macca done anything to improve their performance or show that they are town?

Not just because of the Watcher. He's been deliberately obstinate and wrong all game.

Macca has... slightly improved. I won't say vastly. But still likely a good DK.

Hell yes on Maniac.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4250 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:16 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 pm
So worcej's scumlist included kgray, flum, darg, chaqa, and jamie. That's a hell of a team right there but I feel pretty strongly that darg is as much town as town can be.
Where are you getting worcej's scum team from? In his final words he said I was town/3p, had brain and you as scummy, damo as scum/3p, and ghug and Maniac as null.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4251 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:17 pm

Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:20 pm

I don’t really have any? No one does. That isn’t how this game works outside mechanical clears
Ooh, ooh, I have one!

I got watcher and tracker confused.
You and Flum both did, and instead of admitting you're wrong, you've been tinfoiling on celaph and calling me scummy for knowing how basic mafia roles work.
That's not why I'm calling you scummy, and I don't think it's very tinfoily to scumread celaph and also think it possible that brain had some info.

Jamiet99uk

#4252 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:17 pm

My preferences (on who to vote out) would be Maniac > Macca > Bonatogether > Flum then I guess.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4253 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:18 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:17 pm
My preferences (on who to vote out) would be Maniac > Macca > Bonatogether > Flum then I guess.
Jimmit, are you scum?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4254 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:18 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm

Ooh, ooh, I have one!

I got watcher and tracker confused.
You and Flum both did, and instead of admitting you're wrong, you've been tinfoiling on celaph and calling me scummy for knowing how basic mafia roles work.
That's not why I'm calling you scummy, and I don't think it's very tinfoily to scumread celaph and also think it possible that brain had some info.
This is my issue here. Brain was a Watcher.

So if he watched Celaph, he would have only been able to see:
1. A driver
2. Vecna giving celaph an item

I feel he would have been more direct about either of those things.

If he was watching Dargo and saw celaph visit him, likewise, he probably would have said something, and not said "Dargo's house was empty" or whartveer.

I just don't buy it.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4255 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:19 pm

##Vote Maniac

Let's try to make this happen.

I'm down to go back to Macca or over to Flum as well.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4256 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:23 pm

D2 between brain and Celaph is something else. Celaph did consume a lot of the mind of brain based on mentions over the number of posts.

Offered the Celaph jumped to Demon when they thought kgray was going to switch.
Notes how silent Celaph has been since being scumread by brain.
100% Kak should shoot Celaph if they had the gun.
Kicks their ass with regard to quality of posts.
Celaph didn't address the scumread. "Celaph told me in at least three ways he is scum."
Celaph is "probably driver or janitor."
Scum Demon defends Celaph and shades Bona.

SO in brain's madcap werewolf claim, he does offer something about Celaph: "My n1 I was not confident enough to go after darg due to watcher fears so I chose instead to go after celaph. I guessed something and it failed." If true, what could that have been?

Does tell us that Celaph is NOT the watcher.

Let's not forget these near-parting words: "And I would be highly skeptical of anyone from my survey who answered yes, and later claims to be the doc."

Easier to trust confirmed town who "may" have had something.

celaph

#4257 Post by celaph » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:24 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:01 pm
dargorygel wrote:
celaph wrote:
##vote Maniac

To be more clear (because you DID recently give us some comments on flum and macca) I am interested in why you choose maniac OVER the others, at this particular time.
Thanks for the clarification.

Because I was bothered by the way that when Maniac's activity changed, it feels like he feel out of the conversation. I wanted to make him an option.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4258 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:25 pm

Considering the flipped Watcher explicitly stated that nobody visited darg - a cop claimant - on N1, if celaph flips scum I'm going to be incredibly suspicious of ghug, Flum, Maniac and whoever else is giving that much weight to brain's scumread of celaph. Watching darg was clearly the most logical choice N1 and people insisting that brain caught celaph doing something else scummy, and ignoring brain's claim that he watched darg and saw nothing, are really sketchy.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4259 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi someone who stole Jamiet's phone, could you give it back to him? Thanks.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4260 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:27 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:25 pm
Considering the flipped Watcher explicitly stated that nobody visited darg - a cop claimant - on N1, if celaph flips scum I'm going to be incredibly suspicious of ghug, Flum, Maniac and whoever else is giving that much weight to brain's scumread of celaph. Watching darg was clearly the most logical choice N1 and people insisting that brain caught celaph doing something else scummy, and ignoring brain's claim that he watched darg and saw nothing, are really sketchy.
I'm not convinced the "darg's house" comment means what you think it means.