MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#4221 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:09 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:02 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:57 pm

They've seemed fine so far
You switched to celaph. Your suspicions around celaph (if I am reading correctly) center around brain's possible actions. Have you been able to keep up with the discussion on that issue?

And... the last time you mention celaph you say you were 'softening' on celaph.
It felt like he was being buddied by kgray, but celaph's complete lack of content today is very awkward.
It's very tempting to join bona on kgray. Bona is an extremely strong town read btw. He sees what I see and I don't think scumbona would pretend to notice the difference and stubbornly vote her.
Do it then. But you're gonna have to explain how you went from saying I'm almost obvtown because of my Demon vote to being one of your top scum suspects when I started calling you out. You don't get to just say "he sees what I see" and not say what it is you see.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4222 Post by dargorygel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:43 pm

celaph wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:56 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:08 pm
And damo is finally giving us some big stats. I have not taken the time to look back, but my recollection is that scummy-damo does that earlier in the process.
A brief look at M62 has Damo doing stats N2. Is that substantially earlier in your mind?
Hmmm. Not really. I'd have to look at room atmosphere and such. My comment this morning probably had more to do with me wondering a few times over this game, "why no damo stats?" So when he DID, it seemed like he had been acting unnaturally. If I am not going to go back and look at the data, I probably shouldn't have raised the question.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4223 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:43 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:29 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:07 am

I'd rather we daykill celaph. He'll care enough to fight back.
Agreed on this, and celaph's alignment is pretty obvious when he's on the block.***

***except that one time he tricked me ridiculously badly, but that was targeted pocketing and won't work anymore. The other two times it's bee very obvious to me and most people what his alignment was.
Hey kgray... given that celaph was a decent wagon yesterday, even though not at the very end of the day... did you learn anything, based on celaph's alignment usually being obvious and celaph being on the block?
I learned that I cared more about him not being a wagon than he did, and it makes me feel gross. I should have let him actually be on the block near EOD.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4224 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm

CoreTown
Bonatogether
celaph
Chaqa
dargorygel
foodcoats
ghug
Kakarroto
kgray

Would not vote today unless against CoreTown
damo666
rdrivera2005

Would vote today
Fluminator
Hamilton Brian
Jamiet99uk
Macca573
Maniac
yavuzovic

^^ This is where I'm at right now.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4225 Post by dargorygel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm

celaph wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:10 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:15 pm
I'm not fond of this connection formed between damo and macca.

Going now to drink coffee.
Do you think that scum Macca would so openly follow scum Damo like that? I agree that they're both sus to some extent independently, but Damo's looked townier recently and I kinda doubt that scum Macca would be that obvious.
The ONLY reason they might, is that at the moment in the room, they were getting a fair bit of hostile-seeming pressure. It might have been a knee-jerk reaction in tired-desperation.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4226 Post by ghug » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:20 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:58 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:55 pm

I don't understand the question here
What's at least one thing that you would point to about your play so far that is incontrovertibly proof of your town membership?
I don’t really have any? No one does. That isn’t how this game works outside mechanical clears
Ooh, ooh, I have one!

I got watcher and tracker confused.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4227 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm

If anything Day 1 was calm and Day 2 was hectic.

I was pretty against all of the Day 2 options. I was pushing hard on Maniac and I've been calling out Flum all game. You're really starting to make me doubt you're towniness, and I think maybe now you were the 2nd scum up on the block Day 1, probably a more important role than Stalker.

So I'm gonna add HB to my list of likely scum.
It's the small deck I've been dealt. Throwing darts in the dark and hoping they pop a balloon.

And I really didn't think Day 1 was that calm but we must have different expectations. And I retracted that D2 wasn't as chill as I originally thought.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4228 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:50 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm
Stepping out on a limb here and opening myself up to a shit tonne of criticism BUT when we look at the breadth of Jamie's work this game, aside from hammering Maniac and Macca and celebrating their 40th birthday, where is the astute speculating and dot-connecting?

And this affectation for end!hammering this game?
Why do you think you would get criticism for this?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4229 Post by dargorygel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Thanks for the Jamie comments, those who answered.

I'm not sure what to think about Jamie. He has, overall, been pretty low key. A few major high points. This MIGHT just be the busy time of celebrating, and life. But it 'feels' to me that he is not as closely involved. He might be picking a few key points to squabble with (one of which was me) but trying to keep a low profile. Trying, mebbe, to ride in the sweet zone between active town and sleepy
lurker.

This is not what I recall of his ideal scum play. When scum, (not that this couldn't be adjusted) he has been more combative. Usually more active. Kind of like an elevated flavius. (No insult intended.) Reading along, and finding a pressure point to hit.

As town, doesn't he usually hit instead MOST pressure points?

Has he played as 3p?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4230 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm
CoreTown
Bonatogether - A decisive vote for RHK, generally feels town to me. The thing against him is that he was a major wagon yesterday and didn't die, which isn't damning but could be important to VCA later.

celaph - The original vote that put RHK ahead. I know there could be bussing, but I don't see celaph being the one. I do admit he's been kinda low-effort, but I don't know him well enough to say if it's alignment indicative.

Chaqa - Me.

dargorygel - Presumptive cop.

foodcoats - RHK voter, early and proud. Possible deep threat but I've liked most of his posts.

ghug - Innocent until proven ghugfather

Kakarroto - The gun ploy seemed very town, and he was the counterwagon RHK chose. Seems town.

kgray - Important RHK voter. But out of them all besides Maniac, kgray is the most likely busser IMO.

Would not vote today unless against CoreTown
damo666 - Based primarily on RB stuff.
Jamiet99uk - Based primarily on RB stuff. I think maybe WW candidate.
rdrivera2005 - Based primarily on RB stuff. Also have a mild town read.

Would vote today
Fluminator - I've had a lot of issues with his play. Basic facts wrong, pushing based on illogical reasons, bad votes. His (well, cavendish's) absence Day 1 fits with my "inactive scum" theory as well.

Hamilton Brian - Was more townreading HB until recently. See my recent post for more.

Macca573 - Their catchup style notwithstanding, Macca's absence in and of itself is enough for me. I know they said they'd be MIA, but I don't completely buy the extent of it and I think the scumteam was mostly absent on Day 1 leading to RHK being killed.

Maniac - Maniac's opportunistic vote jumps have rubbed me wrong. He didn't move to RHK until it was a foregone conclusion. I think he's either scum or WW, and I'm kinda leaning toward WW at this point, but that's mostly a gut feeling.

yavuzovic - The only memorable thing of yavu this game is the Javascript post early on. That's mainly why I think he's scum - no impact in this game.

^^ This is where I'm at right now.
Brief explanations added.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4231 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:31 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Town could roleblock town. Not being forthcoming after being roleblocked tells the town RBer that you're probably scum.
Ah, thank you!!! I really needed that in print.

I'm looking into it but did Vecna even mention that kgray displayed they "town tell" yet?
No, he specifically said I didn't do it. Then he said I did a different (minor) towntell later, although I don't know what that was.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4232 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:20 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:58 pm

What's at least one thing that you would point to about your play so far that is incontrovertibly proof of your town membership?
I don’t really have any? No one does. That isn’t how this game works outside mechanical clears
Ooh, ooh, I have one!

I got watcher and tracker confused.
You and Flum both did, and instead of admitting you're wrong, you've been tinfoiling on celaph and calling me scummy for knowing how basic mafia roles work.

celaph

#4233 Post by celaph » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:53 pm

##vote Maniac

I'm dislike the way that it feels that Maniac has slid back into the shadows the moment that there is no longer a wagon on him. His vote on me seems to be entirely based around an assumption that brain had mechanical info while he hasn't really engaged in the other arguments. His weird mix of good comments, I liked his call out of Chaqa's vote D2, anti-town posts reminds me of M64 and his VT claim has the same energy to mine.

Looking at the other two wagons I'm liking the way that kgray has built the flum argument and I agree with Darg that he's recent change on me is concerning. That said, I wasn't getting the sense that others were early D2 that he was scummy.

Macca's a been a real non-factor and I agree with ghug and food's criticisms of their catch-up. I think they are, and will be for the rest of this game, a good DK.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4234 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:54 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:34 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:52 pm

Why does doing it again make her scum?
I mean, yeah... but why are you defending me? And why are you accepting his claim that I did the “I’m not Xing until you Y" thing with worcej?
I'm questioning it because it's bad logic. I'm accepting the claim because it's something that I'd do, so it's something that you'd do.
Nah you don't just get to question logic but not facts.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4235 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:54 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:46 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm

If anything Day 1 was calm and Day 2 was hectic.

I was pretty against all of the Day 2 options. I was pushing hard on Maniac and I've been calling out Flum all game. You're really starting to make me doubt you're towniness, and I think maybe now you were the 2nd scum up on the block Day 1, probably a more important role than Stalker.

So I'm gonna add HB to my list of likely scum.
It's the small deck I've been dealt. Throwing darts in the dark and hoping they pop a balloon.

And I really didn't think Day 1 was that calm but we must have different expectations. And I retracted that D2 wasn't as chill as I originally thought.
There were only three vote moves in the last 15 minutes, and two of them were Maniac. That's like the calmest EoD1 in the history of webdip.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4236 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:52 pm
One time he was so sure I was scum we made a Chiptole bet over it.

He did pay up when he was wrong.
One time Tom was so sure I was town he made a Chipotle bet with you over it. Did he ever pay up?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4237 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 pm

So worcej's scumlist included kgray, flum, darg, chaqa, and jamie. That's a hell of a team right there but I feel pretty strongly that darg is as much town as town can be.

Flum's day 2 voting was all over the place and on 6 people.

As of the last time I entered anything in Flum's cell, I had this: “Read brain’s ISO; Celaph scum all day long…” Votes Chaqa, questioned about it by Food as to whether it is a joke because Chaqa confused Watcher with Tracker.
#3859 Says they are softening on Celaph but think scum are kgray/rdr/chaqa and concerned with jamie/damo. Gets called out for their reads by Rivera. "\\

If anyone's suggesting, "Brian, looks like you're trying to make a case backward," I am not. I just want to get any of my thoughts out there that might spark with someone else's.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4238 Post by kgray » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:57 pm

celaph wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:06 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:54 pm
The wagon on me smells like bullshit but I'm working until deadline.
##vote celaph

Something is smelly out of kgray/celaph/chaqa/rdr
Can you speak to what changed between earlier and now? I can respect a self-pres vote to some degree, but it feels a little early for that and it feels like you're trying to mask that.
It is a self-pres vote, because Rivera, Chaqa and I are all calling him on his bullshit and he wants to discredit us.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4239 Post by dargorygel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:59 pm

celaph wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:53 pm
##vote Maniac

I'm dislike the way that it feels that Maniac has slid back into the shadows the moment that there is no longer a wagon on him. His vote on me seems to be entirely based around an assumption that brain had mechanical info while he hasn't really engaged in the other arguments. His weird mix of good comments, I liked his call out of Chaqa's vote D2, anti-town posts reminds me of M64 and his VT claim has the same energy to mine.

Looking at the other two wagons I'm liking the way that kgray has built the flum argument and I agree with Darg that he's recent change on me is concerning. That said, I wasn't getting the sense that others were early D2 that he was scummy.

Macca's a been a real non-factor and I agree with ghug and food's criticisms of their catch-up. I think they are, and will be for the rest of this game, a good DK.
Thanks, celaph. This is a very agreeable post.

Could you comment on any of the substantive wagons on the board right now? Two hours from EoD, starting a new wagon seems... non-commital... maybe that's not the word.

I understand your read on Maniac. But could you give us a succinct explanation of why you are not choosing Macca, or Flum, or even Celaph? (ok... skip the last one...)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4240 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:59 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:52 pm
One time he was so sure I was scum we made a Chiptole bet over it.

He did pay up when he was wrong.
One time Tom was so sure I was town he made a Chipotle bet with you over it. Did he ever pay up?
He has not.