MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#4141 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:27 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:29 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:34 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:04 pm

Oh I guess there are things that aren't guns.
Exactly
If Vecna gave someone an item that isn't a gun, he's as dead to me as he is to this game.
I wonder if the fact that various experienced players generally expect that Vecna would've given out the gun, and that in theory he was not RB'd, and that the gun has not been fired, means we could look at Vecna's townreads and identify someone who might have received it and deduce that they might be scum.
Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 am
1. yavuzovic
2. bonatogether
3. ghug
4. macca573
5. rdrivera2005
6. Celaph
7. Vecna
8. damo666
9. Hamilton Brian
10. belCavendishNY
11. worcej
12. kgray
13. Chaqa
14. Maniac
15. brainbomb
16. Dargorygel
17. Kakarroto
18. foodcoats
19. DemonRHK
20. Jamiet99uk

Feeling decent about this, in different shades of green
I did not receive a gun, so in theory it would mean Kak, Chaq, rdr, ghug or yavu is scum with a gun. (In this grand conspiratorial theory against which I hold many reservations, just batting about the ideas. Also possible of course that worcej or brain died with a gun, but I really doubt that - we know worcej was observing his wagon and online before his DK and I doubt brain would holster.)

foodcoats

#4142 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:31 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:35 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:30 am
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:20 am
chaqa spending time with the gf could actually mean godfather
Caught me
Hey Chaqa (greetings from my sister btw), do you think the gun should be used to flip ghug?
I wonder if Kakarroto received the gun and was being coy with his whole fake-play, either as town or as scum.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4143 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:33 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:27 pm
ghug wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:34 pm

Exactly
If Vecna gave someone an item that isn't a gun, he's as dead to me as he is to this game.
I wonder if the fact that various experienced players generally expect that Vecna would've given out the gun, and that in theory he was not RB'd, and that the gun has not been fired, means we could look at Vecna's townreads and identify someone who might have received it and deduce that they might be scum.
Vecna wrote:
1. yavuzovic
2. bonatogether
3. ghug
4. macca573
5. rdrivera2005
6. Celaph
7. Vecna
8. damo666
9. Hamilton Brian
10. belCavendishNY
11. worcej
12. kgray
13. Chaqa
14. Maniac
15. brainbomb
16. Dargorygel
17. Kakarroto
18. foodcoats
19. DemonRHK
20. Jamiet99uk

I did not receive a gun, so in theory it would mean Kak, Chaq, rdr, ghug or yavu is scum with a gun. (In this grand conspiratorial theory against which I hold many reservations, just batting about the ideas. Also possible of course that worcej or brain died with a gun, but I really doubt that - we know worcej was observing his wagon and online before his DK and I doubt brain would holster.)
I theorized on this earlier and came to the conclusion that he likely either did give out a gun, and it went to scum, or he gave out a different item (and it could have gone anywhere).

It's possible that the healing crystal or vest are out there somewhere being kept quiet.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4144 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Oh, but to be clear, I hardclaim NO item received.

damo666

#4145 Post by damo666 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:40 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:33 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:27 pm
ghug wrote:

Vecna wrote:
1. yavuzovic
2. bonatogether
3. ghug
4. macca573
5. rdrivera2005
6. Celaph
7. Vecna
8. damo666
9. Hamilton Brian
10. belCavendishNY
11. worcej
12. kgray
13. Chaqa
14. Maniac
15. brainbomb
16. Dargorygel
17. Kakarroto
18. foodcoats
19. DemonRHK
20. Jamiet99uk

I theorized on this earlier and came to the conclusion that he likely either did give out a gun, and it went to scum, or he gave out a different item (and it could have gone anywhere).

It's possible that the healing crystal or vest are out there somewhere being kept quiet.
I doubt Vecna would invent and give a vest before a gun. Bins or crystal are very possible.

foodcoats

#4146 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:43 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:29 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:07 am
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:00 am
Brain's suggestion that ghug mispelled Demon on purpaose to avoid being searched up later in the game has me believe Brain is on the ball this game.

I'll endorse his Celaph target for now.
I'd rather we daykill celaph. He'll care enough to fight back.
Agreed on this, and celaph's alignment is pretty obvious when he's on the block.***

***except that one time he tricked me ridiculously badly, but that was targeted pocketing and won't work anymore. The other two times it's bee very obvious to me and most people what his alignment was.
Hey kgray... given that celaph was a decent wagon yesterday, even though not at the very end of the day... did you learn anything, based on celaph's alignment usually being obvious and celaph being on the block?

foodcoats

#4147 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:42 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:38 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:31 am
Vecna was N1 fearkilled by a scum team concerned with his solving, which narrows down a few potential people for a scum pool (kgray, Fluminator, darg, Chaqa, and Jamie).
Explain this list please.
My opinion is this group of players would advocate for a Vecna N1 kill because he's a good solver and gets a lot of traction/attention from town players. He's somewhat a leader in many games and can get people to believe him.

I (believe incredibly strongly but don't have exact mafia games so don't roast me for facts) have seen each of you as scum say to NK Vecna for reasons like this in prior games.
This is still a legitimate point from worcej. At the moment it makes me squint extra hard at Jamie and rdr.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4148 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:52 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:42 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:38 am

Explain this list please.
My opinion is this group of players would advocate for a Vecna N1 kill because he's a good solver and gets a lot of traction/attention from town players. He's somewhat a leader in many games and can get people to believe him.

I (believe incredibly strongly but don't have exact mafia games so don't roast me for facts) have seen each of you as scum say to NK Vecna for reasons like this in prior games.
This is still a legitimate point from worcej. At the moment it makes me squint extra hard at Jamie and rdr.
I had assumed Vecna had been found crumbing, but maybe it was what worcej thought? That makes me look a bit sideways at Jamie, Flum, Maniac, ghug, etc... basically anyone who's been around awhile and knows Vecna's threat level.

Fluminator

#4149 Post by Fluminator » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:54 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:19 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:17 pm
I'm a bit bothered by the way Flum reacts to Vecna's NK:
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:16 pm
Who got the gun?
I'd fakeclaim it, but I don't have time to
This is before anyone claims RB. Compare to how Chaqa immediately reacts:
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:19 pm
I really hope he gave an item out and wasn’t roleblocked.
Can't tell if Flum scumslips or townslips there.
Flum looks well scum there
My wagon has leveled up to becoming an outright farce.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4150 Post by Chaqa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:54 pm
damo666 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:19 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:17 pm
I'm a bit bothered by the way Flum reacts to Vecna's NK:

This is before anyone claims RB. Compare to how Chaqa immediately reacts:

Can't tell if Flum scumslips or townslips there.
Flum looks well scum there
My wagon has leveled up to becoming an outright farce.
Do I need to go through and find every nonsense post you've made this game to show why you look sus?

Fluminator

#4151 Post by Fluminator » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:56 pm

I've never seen a case where scum roleblock their kill, except once where it was a gambit for scum to claim roleblock, or it was an outed doc.
It would be pretty foolish of them if they did.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4152 Post by Hellenic Riot » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Day Three Vote Count 2.0

Macca573 (5): Kakarroto, Jamiet99uk (END), Chaqa, foodcoats, yavuzovic
Fluminator (5): kgray, dargorygel, rdrivera2005, damo666, Macca573
celaph (4): Maniac, Hamilton Brian, ghug, Fluminator
kgray (1): Bonatogether

Not voted (1): celaph

End votes for Macca573 (1/9): Jamiet99uk

celaph has not cast the minimum of one valid vote.

Currently NOBODY is set to be daykilled.

You have 5 hours and 15 minutes remaining.

foodcoats

#4153 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:47 pm

I feel like I'm losing my grasp of how I feel about the gamestate so let me try putting some notes against each player to at least help direct my sense of voting at the end of the day and create a POE to make the best effort there.

TL;DR So right now I'd like to see celaph, macca, Maniac, or Jaime go down. Fluminator is, I suppose, an acceptable alternative, but even though I did say Flum could be scum, I actually don't love that wagon compared to these four other candidates.

1. yavuzovic - yavu's fighting with rdr in particular, as well as making various mistakes and owning up to them easily, feels naturally townish. I definitely townread yavu.

2. bonatogether - I swing back and forth on how I read bona. bona has done some things that have made me very suspicious. But bona has also done things that I strongly townread. I guess I have to call bona null. When I was looking at the worcej vs. bona wagons, I was feeling paralyzed; I hated BOTH wagons and was frustrated that somehow we'd been pulled away from good wagons like Maniac and celaph. I think at the time I thought that if I REALLY had to make the decision, I would have to vote for bona over worcej. I didn't end up moving at all because this EOD is tough for me and I was barely on, and others made the decision... but at the time, and still, I felt like it was two bad choices.

3. ghug - ghug has made some very townie comments and I'm willing to accept the code-green from cop!darg's read. I thought ghug had done some shady stuff with the worcej wagon but in retrospect it looks clean, also. I have a slightly inkling that perhaps ghug could be the godfather, but it's not something we can deal with in the current gamestate and I would not presently vote for ghug.

4. macca573 - as stated elsewhere I think Macca has been more than just unavailable, but willfully negligent and unapologetically so. I also think the analysis of cop!dargo was scum-minded. Macca is a pretty good scum candidate for me. Not exactly my highest, because of limited information, but still a pretty good candidate.

5. rdrivera2005 - I am really on the fence with rdr. I feel like I always have trouble reading him. I did just go back and reread a bit because I was feeling like in the yavu vs. rdr that rdr was coming out scummy, but I don't really feel that any longer. I think for now I have to put rdr as null.

6. Celaph - celaph is my top scumread. I have no meta on celaph but celaph's posts so far are entirely active-inactive. celaph asks questions and pokes and prods but offers very little positioning of his own thoughts and reads. Every post by celaph feels incredibly constructed to me. It looks good on the surface, but if you actually read the posts, there is nothing there. celaph never reacts, never interjects, never exclaims. celaph is completely emotionless and has, it seems, no opinions. celaph has not helped town at all. I think celaph is absolutely scum.

7. Vecna - dead, Inventor

8. damo666 - I didn't feel great about damo for a while, but damo's posts today in particular look much better. I think damo has offered some reasoning and logical deductions that appear to come from a town mindsight. As of today, I would townlean damo.

9. Hamilton Brian - I was scumleaning HB for a while, and I still hesitate on this slot, but HB has at least moved to null for me. It's difficult to pin down but there are some things HB says that I struggle to see as being from the mouth of scum.

10. Fluminator - I am comfortable with the Fluminator wagon. Flum has made some posts that look scummy. I don't have a great read here - if given the choice, I would DK celaph or Jamiet or Maniac over Flum - but I think there is enough suspicious activity on Fluminator's part that there is a good chance they are scum.

11. worcej - dead, VT

12. kgray - I waver on kgray, but I think in the same way I sometimes waver on other very vocal town. I think kgray is town.

13. Chaqa - I keep wavering on Chaqa, too, but I think Chaqa says some stuff that I just struggle to imagine coming from scum!Chaqa. Chaqa is aggressive in a variety of places that seem townie to me. kgray is townier, but I'm pretty confident Chaqa is town and can place them in my town reads for now.

14. Maniac - Maniac improved, but has fallen off again it seems. I think that Maniac may have come in to work hard expressly to not get DK'd, rather than to help town solve. I think that there's still a very good chance that Maniac is the Werewolf, but maybe just scum.

15. brainbomb - dead, Watcher

16. Dargorygel - cop claim. I believe it, have addressed extensively elsewhere.

17. Kakarroto - I thought Kak was town for a while but I have serious doubts now. I need to reread Kakarroto. I think the gun fakery was not pro-town - it wasted a lot of time and effort and took the wind out of the sails when Kak revealed this was a fake ploy. I think Kak may be scum hiding under some floofy good-naturedness. I'm not super convinced Kak has questioned the game state strongly at any time. Again, I need to look at this again, but Kak is now in my nulls and needs to be re-read.

18. foodcoats - town.

19. DemonRHK - dead, scum, Stalker

20. Jamiet99uk - I was willing to give Jamie the benefit of the doubt early on, but I no longer do. Jaime often becomes a town leader when town. Jamie when town attacks on many fronts and is frenetic and wild. What has changed here? I was willing to make the allowance specifically because worcej said something about people have things going on in their real lives that affect their activity levels, and has mentioned before he and Jamie are friends on Facebook or whatever. So I thought, hmm, okay, maybe it's legit. But at this point, I feel like Jamie swoops in only when necessary to save face. Jamie isn't really helping advance the game for town. It's similar to how Maniac has acted. I strongly believe Jamie is scum at this point. (Also, the Maniac vs. Jamie would make a lot of sense if both are scum.)

foodcoats

#4154 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Based on my thought process, I will

##VOTE celaph

foodcoats

#4155 Post by foodcoats » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:53 pm

Interestingly, in my theorized scum team, there is one on each wagon and... YET ANOTHER NON VOTE FROM CELAPH!

yavuzovic

#4156 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:19 pm

The fact that gun isn't fired or claimed so far makes me think that it was with one of the dead players.

yavuzovic

#4157 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:19 pm

I mean, unless it's with the scum

yavuzovic

#4158 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm

I scumread what I just said

damo666

#4159 Post by damo666 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:22 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm
I scumread what I just said
lol

yavuzovic

#4160 Post by yavuzovic » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:30 pm

I prefer macca for today but I can vote for celaph if Macca wagon doesn't work. Apart from foodcoats' read on him was convincing, I also don't like the way he reached 6 votes yesterday and got down afterwards.