MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
celaph

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#3941 Post by celaph » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:25 am
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:01 am
If brain had watched Vecna he would have shouted from the rooftops.
Agree. Even if he saw nothing. Because if he watches Vecna, sees nobody visit, but Vecna dies, then he 100% knows it was the Ninja.
After inventor flipped we had a confirmed ninja anyways. I like the quote of his that kgray posted earlier about Darg's house being empty suggesting that he went there and saw nothing.

Kakarroto

#3942 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:56 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:34 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:20 pm

Kgray, are you saying you’re voting celaph for being underwhelming town? Do you have no better place to vote than underwhelming town?
I *hope* he's underwhelming town, after I fought for him so much yesterday. But I'm not sure, because it feels a bit like he was happy to sit back and let that happen, which worries me.

I'm not passionate about any scumreads anymore...

I think Bona's unjustified defense of worcej is extremely scummy, but he kept his cool at EOD and didn't vote worcej to save himself. I've townread scum for doing similar things before, but with 2 minutes left it's pretty compelling. If he'd answer my question about worcej's D1 VCA then I'd probably check him off my list forever.... But it's still bugging me lol

Yav is skeezing me out a little. His irrelevant vote for Maniac yesterday and then chastising of Chaqa feels like someone who didn't want to get their hands dirty on a town wagon, and he was a Hamilton voter D1. The way he's scumreading Rivera for his Hamilton vote has been bothering me, because as much as Yav explains himself, I'm not seeing the difference between Rivera making Hamilton a viable wagon when Demon was leading and yav not leaving Hamilton for Demon.

Jamie's obsession with Maniac reminds me of when he was "tunneling" on his scumbuddy ghug a few games ago. I don't know if it makes sense for him and Maniac to be partners, but it's kind of the only read Jamie has given and it feels like he's hiding behind it. His ranting about darg and this recent push for Macca I think are standard Jamie things and are NAI, but overall he feels more reserved than he normally does as town. Also, regarding the janitor thing: I don't think it makes sense for scum to Janitor brain, because his Watcher soft was so obvious. I know that if brain was Janitor'd and then someone claimed Watcher, I'd be really suspicious of that claim. So while Rivera obviously *could* be the Janitor, I think it's more likely that scum tried to Janitor Vecna and got blocked, so I think Jamie or Damo is more likely.

I'm probably the most suspicious of Flum, though. I get what he was saying about Rivera just watching at EOD yesterday (and I didn't like how Rivera called me out for being on a "non-momentum" wagon instead of saving him, when he wasn't even voting to save himself), but I really didn't like Flum's refusal to vote for a relevant wagon. He was just actively not participating. And then his last-minute post complaining about not being able to break a tie was just... ick. Also, both Flum and Chaqa have been playing Mafia for a lot longer than me and I know how the Watcher works, so I think Flum's scumread of Chaqa for understanding that mechanic is fake. I also didn't like his lazy claim that I was near-obvtown for my D1 Demon vote. And celaph was also a huge part of that vote, and Flum ignoring that to sheep brain's read just seems like opportunistic piggy-backing off of town.

So yeah, ##vote flum.
Can someone make a list of the people who've stated that they were aware of brain's crumbs?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3943 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:10 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:05 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:33 am

STOP MAKING EXCUSES
You have done nothing all game but make excuses.
Participate properly today or be killed.
Macca did tell us when they signed up that they'd have low availability the first few days.
It's been a week ...
Game days.

I'm fine with pressuring them to contribute, but it's a little disingenuous to act like it was unexpected, and the vote count has me bored.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3944 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:11 pm

##VOTE Celaph

celaph

#3945 Post by celaph » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:16 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:48 am
celaph wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:40 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:45 pm
Quite amusing we have a 5 strong worcej wagon with none of rdr celaph or myself on it.
What do you make of this fact and why did you choose to name these 3 people? Bona had the same number of votes as you while Maniac had just been the leading wagon and was voting worcej?
I was pointing out the flashwagon didn't seem to be a save (of those mentioned).

I didn't mention Maniac precisely because he was voting worcej.

Tbh I can't remember why I excluded Bona and included you. Probably I was just more conscious of you having been a lead wagon for a lot of the day.
I agree with your first line that it doesn't look line any of those 3 were saved though I think such a conclusion is meaningless with regard to you or I as neither of us were major wagons at the time. It's a decent look for rdr though.

I'm bothered that you seem to be skirting around the issue of Maniac here. If you're concluding that 3 people who didn't vote worcej aren't being saved, why aren't you similarly concluding that it looks like Maniac was saved? Or, if you aren't concluding that about him, why is that?

Kakarroto

#3946 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:20 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:25 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:20 pm
who do you think is cop? who do you think is watcher? who is jailor? who is ninja? what do you think of someone that misses the whole game and suddenly appears just a few moments after turning to be the leading wagon?
darg
brain
Macca
Ninja
Back from the jab!
Anyway, first two seem foregone. Why Macca for Jailor? Yeah, right, that's not a thing this game. Kak and yourself doing the best to confuse me.
to be fair, that was meant to go only for macca for a fast response.

celaph

#3947 Post by celaph » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:02 pm
celaph wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:45 pm
Quite amusing we have a 5 strong worcej wagon with none of rdr celaph or myself on it.
What do you make of this fact and why did you choose to name these 3 people? Bona had the same number of votes as you while Maniac had just been the leading wagon and was voting worcej?
What's your conclusion why Damo included those names that weren't on the Worcej wagon?

Why might I phrase it like that? Focus attention somewhere else, perhaps?
I honestly wasn't sure what his intention was with including those names. Hence why I asked. Having since seen his response, I'm worried that he was taking attention away from Maniac.

Kakarroto

#3948 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:24 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:16 pm
Maniac wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:07 pm

As the two people claiming RB are Dargorygil and Rdriveria and Dargo was likely blocked by scum, then Rdr becomes prime candidate for ninja if WW did munch BB. Or WW and ninja both killed BB and Rdr was blocked from cleaning up. As we have narrowed down the set-ups a lot based on the kills to date, the janitor has been ineffectual for whatever reason and possible that reason is that they have been blocked.
How would we know if the Janitor has been ineffectual?

WHo claimed RB N1? Damo and Jamie. If both are telling the truth, how is one of the two not scum?
N2: Darg and Rivera. Again, same issue, because there's only one roleblocker per side, right?

Perhaps werewolf needs to bite one of those four?

Assuming Darg is cop, blocked by scum, Rivera by default would be scum, yes?

Is this off-base, and if so, how?
I somehow get the feeling some of your posts are just rehashes of some of my earlier ones
Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:00 pm
claimed roleblock:
d1: damo & jamiet
d2: dargo & rd

I'm pretty sure town rb was on rd and mafia rb was on dargo D2. I would love to know more about D1 but I guess that has to wait until our PR decides to.
maybe with just a little extra ...

Kakarroto

#3949 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:27 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:35 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:17 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:23 am

I'm not sure if it's that easy, but I could see that.

also yay *\o/*, pile on more to Macca
Damo and Kak

What do you think of yavu’s interactions with rdr?

What do you think of Flum’s deep dive on brainbomb crumbs?
What are you thinking about the Yav and Rivera interactions?

Regarding Flum's deep dive, I'll have to go back to check what they concluded, but I think it's a decent exercise for any town to be doing. Did you do one, and what did you come up with?
what is this question for the question, is that a direct question back?

Kakarroto

#3950 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:37 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:27 pm

I don't remember
I might call bull on that. I know it's easy to lose track but I think reasons are fairly clear. I know if I answered with "I don't remember," I'd be laughed out of here. Or at least grilled unendingly.
fair point

I kinda missed bona's reply here, it was directly below foods question, must've scrolled too fast at one point. Thanks for catching that hamilton

many townpoints with the reasoning 'I don't remember', I got to remember this for next time. If you are town bona, I'll link it every time

Kakarroto

#3951 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:24 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:18 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:15 pm

Care to share the hunch?
I just did.

It’s mostly based off him seeming different from normal and his VT hard claim/retraction. He also seems pretty indifferent to the DKs.
The VT hardclaim seems like someone who wasn't thinking about the werewolf at all to me.
Isn't that how the werewolf wants to be seen as?

Kakarroto

#3952 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:38 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:55 pm
Day Three Vote Count 1.0:
[...]
Currently MACCA573 is set to be daykilled.
*\o/*
*|o|*
*\o/*
*|o|*
*\o/*

[/quote]You have 24 hours and 4 minutes remaining. [/quote]

to reach page 199

celaph

#3953 Post by celaph » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:40 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:12 pm
I don't approve Macca kill, they won't be much informative and we have better candidates. Also they doesn't show up after a wagon is formed against them so they are more likely to be town I guess. I don't want to townread Macca because I have no reason, but should we really kill a lurker?
I agree with your first line, though I would rather just get a sub if they don't participate. That said, they've said they've caught up so I'm hoping that they contribute later today. That said, what do you mean they didn't show up after a wagon formed against them? The way that you are soft defending them without paying attention feels icky.
Macca573 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:29 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:34 am
##VOTE MACCA

I think we've had quite enough of this anchoring and delaying from Macca.
mmkay... I read the bot votes, and I've seen this. What exactly do you want from me? To compromise my principles?

Kakarroto

#3954 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:43 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:18 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:41 am
You scumreading me because my vote D1 is bizarre. You also scumread Worcej?
I feel good with my vote, will probably only change if Damo become a viable wagon.
I don't scumread you because your vote D1 is bizarre, in fact, we were on the same wagon. I scumread you because you voted for HB when RHK/HB were 4/2 nd with your vote this became 4/3. Ypu created wn alternative for RHK, who is confirmed scum.
If my reason was only who you voted for, I would scumread myself as well :/
What do you think of hamilton then? also mafia? D1 he did the same thing as rd so it was 4-3-3-3 (demon - myself - hamilton - brain), in fact, by your logic, rd voted mafia (since only mafia gives more alternatives, right?)

damo666

#3955 Post by damo666 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:46 pm

celaph wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:16 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:48 am
celaph wrote:

I was pointing out the flashwagon didn't seem to be a save (of those mentioned).

I didn't mention Maniac precisely because he was voting worcej.

Tbh I can't remember why I excluded Bona and included you. Probably I was just more conscious of you having been a lead wagon for a lot of the day.
I agree with your first line that it doesn't look line any of those 3 were saved though I think such a conclusion is meaningless with regard to you or I as neither of us were major wagons at the time. It's a decent look for rdr though.

I'm bothered that you seem to be skirting around the issue of Maniac here. If you're concluding that 3 people who didn't vote worcej aren't being saved, why aren't you similarly concluding that it looks like Maniac was saved? Or, if you aren't concluding that about him, why is that?
The whole point of the flippant "Quite amusing" post was that there were 5 people on it EXCLUDING people who were leading wagons at some stage (admittedly omitting Bona). Maniac was voting worcej so naturally I didn't mention him in the post. You asked why Maniac wasn't mentioned in the post and I've answered.

Whether Maniac is scum and was saved is a different issue. I'm leaning 55/45 scum.

It was a post simply pointing out there was a sudden wagon with most of the voters thereon not being major wagons themselves. Nothing more nothing less.

Both you and Bona have taken this further than warranted.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3956 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:51 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:34 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:24 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:18 pm

I just did.

It’s mostly based off him seeming different from normal and his VT hard claim/retraction. He also seems pretty indifferent to the DKs.
The VT hardclaim seems like someone who wasn't thinking about the werewolf at all to me.
Isn't that how the werewolf wants to be seen as?
Sure. It comes down to whether you read it as authentic or not. Maniac is someone who's adept at hiding his true intentions, but I think his goal in making that post was to convince us that he's town because mafia on the block there would leave a fakeclaim on the table. The VT hardclaim read more like a legitimate mistake in the heat of that, not a conscious attempt to make himself look less wolfy.

Kakarroto

#3957 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:56 pm

maybe you're correct. maybe you're not as fully correct, who knows for sure.

I'm just amused that the two non-votes are the two leading wagons.

Kakarroto

#3958 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:59 pm

oh, I see Macca online

did you finally catch up? If so, make your vote count.

Jamiet99uk

#3959 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:06 am

Oh Macca is here?

However, I've just come back from the pub and I am falling asleep on the keyboard. I'll care about Macca tomorrow.

##END

(also, fuck you Macca)

celaph

#3960 Post by celaph » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:11 am

@HB, can you comment on your read of me?

Your vote and the shade you threw at my Damo question suggest that you scum read me. Your justification seems to be an assumption that BB had some mechanical info on me and I'm concerned that you're hiding behind that.