MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#3881 Post by kgray » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:05 pm
I'm softening on celaph but not fully.

Rdr/kgray/chaqa is where I'm currently at.
I still have concerns with one of Jamiet/damo

Maniac i think is town.
Getting general town vibes from a bunch of other players
Why are you softening on celaph?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3882 Post by kgray » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:46 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:10 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:05 pm
I'm softening on celaph but not fully.

Rdr/kgray/chaqa is where I'm currently at.
I still have concerns with one of Jamiet/damo

Maniac i think is town.
Getting general town vibes from a bunch of other players
vote kgray with me!
It feels a little early in the game to vote her still lol.
It's too early in the game to vote one of your top 3 guesses for scum? :?

Bonatogether

#3883 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:48 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:43 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:59 pm
But putting scum in the lead hours before EoD is much different from putting scum in the lead minutes beforehand, though. Scum are much more likely to do the first than the second. His voting isn't inherently townie.
Fair, but he didn't have to join Demon there as I was actively questioning him when food and Vecna had only recently started the wagon. I don't see why he'd help it take off all of a sudden as scum and I'm giving him townpoints for it.
I think it's scummy to put someone in the lead and then not push them very hard. He only mentioned Demon two times in the first day. One was the vote, and the second was asking Chaqa if he thought you were bussing Demon.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3884 Post by kgray » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:53 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:59 pm
But putting scum in the lead hours before EoD is much different from putting scum in the lead minutes beforehand, though. Scum are much more likely to do the first than the second. His voting isn't inherently townie.
Fair, but he didn't have to join Demon there as I was actively questioning him when food and Vecna had only recently started the wagon. I don't see why he'd help it take off all of a sudden as scum and I'm giving him townpoints for it.
I think it's scummy to put someone in the lead and then not push them very hard. He only mentioned Demon two times in the first day. One was the vote, and the second was asking Chaqa if he thought you were bussing Demon.
I get what you're saying but I don't think it's that incriminating on D1 and especially not when the vote is for scum. What's the point of leaving his vote on Demon when he wasn't locked into it by stating a strong scumread? He could have switched to another wagon.

foodcoats

#3885 Post by foodcoats » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:53 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:00 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:34 pm

Jamie's obsession with Maniac reminds me of when he was "tunneling" on his scumbuddy ghug a few games ago. I don't know if it makes sense for him and Maniac to be partners, but it's kind of the only read Jamie has given and it feels like he's hiding behind it. His ranting about darg and this recent push for Macca I think are standard Jamie things and are NAI, but overall he feels more reserved than he normally does as town. Also, regarding the janitor thing: I don't think it makes sense for scum to Janitor brain, because his Watcher soft was so obvious. I know that if brain was Janitor'd and then someone claimed Watcher, I'd be really suspicious of that claim. So while Rivera obviously *could* be the Janitor, I think it's more likely that scum tried to Janitor Vecna and got blocked, so I think Jamie or Damo is more likely.
I have a number of things to say about this:

It is not entirely accurate to say I have only given a read on Maniac. In particular my "rant" about Darg was accompanied by a scumread on him, which I even backed up with a vote. I also declared a townread on Celaph yesterday.

Currently I also scumread Bonatogether. I think his constant thing of voting the second or third wagon to try to make two close wagons al the time, kinda looks like him trying to mimic something he previously did as town.

I do need to update my reads on other people, that's fair enough.

If I was the Janitor, you think the Mafia sent two people to Vecna but didn't attempt to roleblock him?

Why, as Janitor, having been roleblocked and knowing I was the Town Roleblocker's target (because I would know who my own team's RB target was), would I claim the roleblock?
Okay, I'll reread you later today too. But I do think you're holding back a lot more than normal, and the Maniac focus is most of what I remember off the top of my head, which is why it feels like you're hiding behind it.

If they knew Vecna would die (maybe there's no doctor), then they wouldn't necessarily need to RB him, right? It just worked out that his PR was the one that could still do something N1 if he died. But even if Vecna was RB'd, then either you or damo has to be scum, and I'm not sure why you couldn't be Janitor who was RB'd by town? Am I missing a mechanic?

I think if scum was RB'd by town, they'd have to claim. It would be really suspicious not to.
Couldn’t both damo and Jamie be town, Vecna unblocked?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3886 Post by kgray » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:55 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:53 pm
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:00 pm

I have a number of things to say about this:

It is not entirely accurate to say I have only given a read on Maniac. In particular my "rant" about Darg was accompanied by a scumread on him, which I even backed up with a vote. I also declared a townread on Celaph yesterday.

Currently I also scumread Bonatogether. I think his constant thing of voting the second or third wagon to try to make two close wagons al the time, kinda looks like him trying to mimic something he previously did as town.

I do need to update my reads on other people, that's fair enough.

If I was the Janitor, you think the Mafia sent two people to Vecna but didn't attempt to roleblock him?

Why, as Janitor, having been roleblocked and knowing I was the Town Roleblocker's target (because I would know who my own team's RB target was), would I claim the roleblock?
Okay, I'll reread you later today too. But I do think you're holding back a lot more than normal, and the Maniac focus is most of what I remember off the top of my head, which is why it feels like you're hiding behind it.

If they knew Vecna would die (maybe there's no doctor), then they wouldn't necessarily need to RB him, right? It just worked out that his PR was the one that could still do something N1 if he died. But even if Vecna was RB'd, then either you or damo has to be scum, and I'm not sure why you couldn't be Janitor who was RB'd by town? Am I missing a mechanic?

I think if scum was RB'd by town, they'd have to claim. It would be really suspicious not to.
Yeah, or one of them could be blocked by town and still be maf, just not one involved in the kill/RB/janitor/whatever. We were talking specifically about the janitor speculations.

Jamiet99uk

#3887 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:56 pm

foodcoats wrote:
kgray wrote:

Not to answer for Kgray but, I mean, the highlighted text is your answer there.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3888 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:01 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:25 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:20 pm
who do you think is cop? who do you think is watcher? who is jailor? who is ninja? what do you think of someone that misses the whole game and suddenly appears just a few moments after turning to be the leading wagon?
darg
brain
Macca
Ninja
Back from the jab!
Anyway, first two seem foregone. Why Macca for Jailor? Yeah, right, that's not a thing this game. Kak and yourself doing the best to confuse me.

Fluminator

#3889 Post by Fluminator » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:10 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:46 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:10 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:06 pm

vote kgray with me!
It feels a little early in the game to vote her still lol.
It's too early in the game to vote one of your top 3 guesses for scum? :?
I'd feel worse if I was wrong on killing you d3 over Chaqa

Bonatogether

#3890 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:12 pm

kgray wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:48 pm
kgray wrote:

I get what you're saying but I don't think it's that incriminating on D1 and especially not when the vote is for scum. What's the point of leaving his vote on Demon when he wasn't locked into it by stating a strong scumread? He could have switched to another wagon.
He wasn't online for much longer after he put his vote up. He didn't really have the opportunity to switch it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3891 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:13 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:19 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:55 pm
Kgray can you obvtown soon
I'd argue she has.

Funny, I guess I'm ok with obvtown as a verb as long as it's intransitive.
Can you give me 2 posts as examples? Or is when she does a string of posts.
Not in the mood, maybe later.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3892 Post by ghug » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:15 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:03 pm
kgray wrote:

The Janitor can perform the NK and then clear up the body.
If you think the Mafia tried to NK Vecna and you think the Janitor was Roleblocked, you must think the Mafia sent two people to Vecna, one to kill him and one to Janitor him, because othewise the roleblock would have prevented the kill as well.

Geddit?
Ah, sorry. Yes, I goddit.
Haven't GMs ruled in the past that someone else gets to do the kill if the killer is roleblocked?

##CALLGM what happens if the mafia killer is roleblocked?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3893 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:16 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:07 pm

As the two people claiming RB are Dargorygil and Rdriveria and Dargo was likely blocked by scum, then Rdr becomes prime candidate for ninja if WW did munch BB. Or WW and ninja both killed BB and Rdr was blocked from cleaning up. As we have narrowed down the set-ups a lot based on the kills to date, the janitor has been ineffectual for whatever reason and possible that reason is that they have been blocked.
How would we know if the Janitor has been ineffectual?

WHo claimed RB N1? Damo and Jamie. If both are telling the truth, how is one of the two not scum?
N2: Darg and Rivera. Again, same issue, because there's only one roleblocker per side, right?

Perhaps werewolf needs to bite one of those four?

Assuming Darg is cop, blocked by scum, Rivera by default would be scum, yes?

Is this off-base, and if so, how?

Jamiet99uk

#3894 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:15 pm
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

If you think the Mafia tried to NK Vecna and you think the Janitor was Roleblocked, you must think the Mafia sent two people to Vecna, one to kill him and one to Janitor him, because othewise the roleblock would have prevented the kill as well.

Geddit?
Haven't GMs ruled in the past that someone else gets to do the kill if the killer is roleblocked?

I don't think so.

That would significantly weaken the Town Roleblocker.

Jamiet99uk

#3895 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:16 pm

Because nobody has died without a flip.

Bonatogether

#3896 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:20 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:16 pm
Maniac wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:07 pm

As the two people claiming RB are Dargorygil and Rdriveria and Dargo was likely blocked by scum, then Rdr becomes prime candidate for ninja if WW did munch BB. Or WW and ninja both killed BB and Rdr was blocked from cleaning up. As we have narrowed down the set-ups a lot based on the kills to date, the janitor has been ineffectual for whatever reason and possible that reason is that they have been blocked.

WHo claimed RB N1? Damo and Jamie. If both are telling the truth, how is one of the two not scum?
N2: Darg and Rivera. Again, same issue, because there's only one roleblocker per side, right?

Perhaps werewolf needs to bite one of those four?

Assuming Darg is cop, blocked by scum, Rivera by default would be scum, yes?

Is this off-base, and if so, how?
Mafia rber always hits town

Town rber is shooting in the dark (or close to it)

A better assumption would be that there is at least one town in each of those groups.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3897 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:08 pm

I scumread kgray a lot though???
In general or this specific game?

Bonatogether

#3898 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:24 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:08 pm

I scumread kgray a lot though???
In general or this specific game?
In this game

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3899 Post by Maniac » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:31 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:15 pm
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Geddit?

The big setup says scum can nominate a reserve killer of first one gets RB

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3900 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:35 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:17 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:23 am
damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:57 am
scumteam guess #3

yav Macca Flum Maniac

WW food
I'm not sure if it's that easy, but I could see that.

also yay *\o/*, pile on more to Macca
Damo and Kak

What do you think of yavu’s interactions with rdr?

What do you think of Flum’s deep dive on brainbomb crumbs?
What are you thinking about the Yav and Rivera interactions?

Regarding Flum's deep dive, I'll have to go back to check what they concluded, but I think it's a decent exercise for any town to be doing. Did you do one, and what did you come up with?